Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Park Ridge
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Park Ridge’s Wambach Receives National Award from Northwestern Mutual Oct 31, 2014 7:44 AM
Park Ridge’s Wambach Receives National Award from Northwestern Mutual
Suburban teen releases song/video for Chronic Pain Awareness Nov. 2 Oct 31, 2014 6:12 PM
A local 14-year-old girl wrote, recorded and released a song on iTunes and a music video on YouTube to create awareness for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, also known as complex regional pain syndrome. The song, written by Danielle Stratton, is about her struggle with chronic pain over the last four years.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Thillens represents spirit of collaboration Oct 27, 2014 5:01 AM
A Park Ridge letter to the editor: Enough with character assassinations! Vote for Mel Thillens and others who represent and demonstrate these types of values and the spirit of collaboration. We don’t need Mike Madigan pulling the strings in our 55th House District anymore.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights Oct 27, 2014 7:24 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music Oct 24, 2014 7:54 AM
The Falconaires Orchestra presents When Music was Music
First suburban location of Barre Code Fitness Studio now open in Park Ridge Oct 24, 2014 6:58 PM
The Barre Code, Chicago’s hottest fitness craze, is expanding to the suburbs. The first suburban Barre Code Fitness Studio recently opened in northwest suburban Park Ridge (at 33½ Prospect Ave.), with a second suburban Chicago location scheduled to follow in 2015.
Northwest Choral Society announces 2014-15 season Oct 30, 2014 6:48 PM
The Northwest Choral Society, under the direction of artistic director Alan Wellman, announces the schedule and music selections for its three concert performances during the upcoming 2014-15 season.
The Des Plaines Community Band Presents: REED THIS, Celebrating the Life and Works of Dr. Alfred Reed. Oct 23, 2014 1:10 PM
The Des Plaines Community Band Presents: REED THIS, Celebrating the Life and Works of Alfred Reed.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
What’s All the Hoopla? Oct 20, 2014 7:36 AM
The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce, the Des Plaines History Center, the Des Plaines Public Library, and the Des Plaines Park District will host the annual Halloween Hoopla on Saturday, October 25. Spooky fun begins with a costume parade for kids, in and around Metropolitan Square and on Miner Street, and a day of safe trick or treating at participating businesses in Des Plaines, sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. The 2014 parade steps off at 10:00am from the center of Metropolitan Square, and is led by Jewels the Clown. Children participating in the parade and wearing a costume will receive a special trick-or-treat bag and a prize. From 11:00am until 4:00pm, the History Center will present its annual Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) celebration with a sugar skull-painting and decorating workshop. The workshop is recommended for children ages 5-12 with an adult; the cost for members is $2, non-members $3. No registration is required. Visitors can also view the History Center’s current display, Greetings from Des Plaines, an exhibit on travel to and from our city. New for 2014, the Des Plaines Optimist Club is sponsoring Pumpkin Drag Races outside the Kinder House. Bring your own pumpkin racer to compete or borrow one from our scrapyard. Pumpkin racing is scheduled from noon until 3:00pm. Join Des Plaines Park District staff and make a Spooky Halloween frame from 1:00-3:00pm at the Des Plaines Public Library. This will be followed by live family entertainment at 3:00pm from Magic Matt’s Spooky Fun Magic and Balloon Show. Space is limited, free tickets will be passed out beginning at 2:30pm. Friends of the Library sponsor this show. For more information about the event, contact any of the hosting agencies. Des Plaines Park District: www.DPParks.org /847-391-5700 Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce: www.dpchamber.org / 847-824-4200 Des Plaines Public Library: www.dppl.org / 847-827-5551 Des Plaines History Center: www.desplaineshistory.org / 847-391-5399
Elaine Tejcek Artwork at Des Plaines Public Library Oct 20, 2014 7:37 AM
Elaine Tejcek Artwork at Des Plaines Public Library
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Mary Olson Artwork Exhibit Oct 20, 2014 7:28 AM
Mary Olson Artwork Exhibit
Oil painter featured at Des Plaines Art Guild meeting Oct 30, 2014 11:08 AM
5.13- with one photo - page 4 NO WEB November Meeting of the Des Plaines Art Guild
Des Plaines Park District Named Tyler Fuchs as New Golf and Facilities Supervisor Oct 17, 2014 7:25 AM
Des Plaines Park District Named Tyler Fuchs as New Golf and Facilities Supervisor
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- A trip back in time
- Bulls' Butler will be restricted free agent
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- A summary of Daily Herald endorsements
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- DuPage County Board mourns death of J.R. McBride
- CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.