Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Park Districts
Chicago adds 2 electric buses with federal grant Oct 30, 2014 8:06 AM
Chicago has added two electric buses to its public transportation fleet with a $2.5 million federal grant. The Chicago Sun-Times reports the Chicago Transit Authority unveiled the buses Wednesday. Each bus cost about $1 million, compared to roughly $400,000 that most CTA buses cost.
Stratford Square wins award for partnership with park district Oct 30, 2014 12:38 PM
Stratford Square Mall recently was honored as a Best Friend of Illinois Parks in the large business category by the Illinois Association of Park Districts for its partnership with Bloomingdale Park District.
Veteran Daily Herald reporter honored as “Best of the Best” by Illinois parks association Oct 24, 2014 10:15 PM
Daily Herald staff writer Mick Zawislak was honored by the Illinois Association of Park Districts Friday as the “Best of the Best” for his work covering the Mundelein Park District. Zawislak, a reporter with the newspaper since 2000, received the 2014 “Illinois Parks’ Outstanding Journalist Award.”
Hoffman Park District to debut new digital signs Oct 23, 2014 5:08 PM
The Hoffman Estates Park District will complete construction this month of its new electronic signs in front of the Triphahn Community Center and Ice Arena, Willow Recreation Center, Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club and Vogelei Park. The digital, full color displays will replace old marquees at those locations.
‘EC Swims On’ honors Collins’ aquatic legacy Oct 23, 2014 9:22 PM
Faced with the task of finding a fitting way to honor Eric Collins, those closest to him dove right in. The result is called EC Swims On, a swimming meet dedicated to his memory and devoted to seeing the sport he loved continue to thrive. The event will be held Sunday at Olympic Pool, a park district facility in Arlington Heights. A lifelong swimmer and recently the coach of the Arlington Wellness Center’s Masters swim team, Collins died suddenly in April after suffering a pulmonary embolism. He was 42.
Learn unique ways to repurpose pumpkins at the Schaumburg Park District Oct 23, 2014 12:43 PM
Learn unique ways to repurpose pumpkins at the Schaumburg Park District
Dundee Township Rotary to throw special Halloween party Oct 22, 2014 1:54 PM
For the last 15 years, Dundee Township Rotary Club members have been hosting a Halloween party for disabled and terminally ill people. Many who have attended were children, but some special needs adults have also enjoyed the festivities.
Learn about bats Oct. 31 in Waukegan Oct 22, 2014 1:12 PM
Learn about bats at a free family event on Friday, Oct. 31, from 6-7:30pm at the Waukegan Park District Belvidere Recreation Center.
Arlington Hts. reduces hours at Heritage park center Oct 22, 2014 6:19 PM
The Arlington Heights Park District announced on Thursday that its Heritage Community Center, 506 W. Victoria Lane, will remain open to support scheduled recreation programming year-round, but with fewer hours.
Palatine Park District hosts Halloween Party Oct. 25 Oct 21, 2014 4:05 PM
Carnival games, ghoulish goodies and creative crafts will highlight this year’s edition of the Palatine Park District’s annual Halloween Party, from 9:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 25, at Community Center, 250 E. Wood St., in Palatine.
Halloween Hoopla coming to downtown Des Plaines Oct 21, 2014 4:18 PM
The Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce, the Des Plaines History Center, the Des Plaines Public Library and the Des Plaines Park District will host the annual Halloween Hoopla on Saturday, Oct. 25.
Fitness stations coming in spring to Naperville’s Nike park Oct 21, 2014 5:44 PM
Nike Sports Complex in Naperville next spring will offer one more way to get healthy: fitness stations. Between six and 10 stations offering warm-ups, strength training and cool-down stretches will be installed along a path at the park on Naperville's north side by next spring, said Fran Krumlauf, an exercise physiologist who is helping the Naperville Park District choose, pay for and install the stations.
Vernon Hills preparing for Vice President Joe Biden’s visit Wednesday Oct 22, 2014 6:49 PM
The giggling toddlers and energetic dancers who normally would occupy Vernon Hills’ Sullivan Community Center on Wednesday will make way for a political rally featuring Vice President Joe Biden. Biden is coming to the center on Aspen Drive in the afternoon to stump for some fellow Democrats on the Nov. 4 ballot.
Mundelein parks receive nearly $2.4 million grant for expansion Oct 20, 2014 5:43 PM
The Mundelein Park & Recreation District received a state grant of $2.37 million grant to be used to expand its Chalet multi-purpose facility. Improvements will include a gym, classroom and green roof system.
Answers to questions on Wauconda parks referendum Oct 19, 2014 6:14 AM
Wauconda Park District officials know the $4.75 million expansion plan for the village's community center isn't a lock. The community's reaction to the proposal — it would nearly double the size of the facility at 600 N. Main St. — has been lukewarm. The Daily Herald sought answers to important questions about the project. Here's what we asked and what we learned.
FootGolf latest craze to hit suburban links Oct 18, 2014 7:38 AM
A new combination of golf and soccer -- called FootGolf -- is popping up at suburban golf courses as managers look to get more use of their facilities and attract new players. “It follows 99 percent of the rules of golf but instead of having a club and a little ball and many struggles, it’s just kicking the ball forward and aiming toward a 21-inch cup,” said Carols Stremi, founder of the Illinois FootGolf Association.
Endorsements: Yes to expand Wauconda community center Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald endorses the Wauconda Park District’s call for a $4.75 million expansion of the community center.
Medinah Park District celebrates new-look park in Roselle Oct 17, 2014 4:29 PM
Medinah Park District will celebrate the grand reopening of its renovated Springhill Park during a party from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Glendale Road and Sunnyside in Roselle. Executive Director Bruce Baum said the district spent $253,000 to spruce up the three-acre park with new playground equipment, parking spaces, landscaping, sidewalks and a pavilion. Before the facelift, the park housed aging playground equipment, a small baseball backstop and some landscaping.
Robert Randolph and the Family Band Coming to Schaumburg Prairie Center Oct 17, 2014 7:31 AM
Robert Randolph and the Family Band Coming to Schaumburg Prairie Center
Endorsement: Yes on Butterfield Park District site purchase Oct 17, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends voters in the Butterfield Park District approve purchase of a site that otherwise will be open to commercial development.
- No more excuses
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Shocking increase of homeless students in suburbs
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- 10 ideas -- from tame to terrifying -- for Halloween
- 'Gentle giant' retiring from Harper firefighting program
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Hinsdale district OKs new two-year contract
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- SECRETARIAL - SECRETARIAL /T-Arl. Hts. Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Type 60 wpm. Fax resume to 847-690-9883 or e-mail info@IllinoisSoccerRefereeCommittee.org (id:4389258) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Admin Assistant seeking PT admin asst in Libertyville area. Computer and cust. svc skills a must. Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389881) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388989) MAINTENANCE - Maintenance -PT Live-in maintenance person for senior community in Mt. Prospect. Light repairs and janitorial work in exchange for 2 bedroom apartment and small salary. Empathy for seniors essential. email@example.com or fax 630.499.0156 (id:4389386) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.