Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Oswego
Girl Scouts open Camp Explorers Oct 7, 2014 2:17 PM
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois will open Camp Dean in Big Rock to the public for a Camp Explorers program on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This youth and family-friendly event will include cardboard boat races, archery, crate stacking, fishing, and a scavenger hunt.
Fox Valley Therapy Dog Club receives $2,500 charitable gift Aug 11, 2014 8:40 AM
Fox Valley Therapy Dog Club received a $2,500 gift from PetSmart on July 23. This presentation took place during a PetSmart company meeting as part of their "PetSmart Gives Back" initiative.
Tri-Cities police reports Jul 17, 2014 4:05 PM
Someone cut spark plug wires and brake lines on a 1997 Dodge Dakota on the 6N200 block of Willow Drive near St. Charles between 5 p.m. Sunday and 8 a.m. Monday, according to a sheriff’s report.
Esther’s Place hosts farm days open house May 29, 2014 8:01 PM
Make plans to join Esther's Place and Lamb of God Farm for their Farm Days Open House June 7-8. Located in Big Rock, just an hour west of Chicago, the farm and fiber art studio offers this opportunity showcasing the connection from the farm to the art, and all the fun and creativity that occurs in between.
‘Godspell’ shares powerful message through music May 19, 2014 1:46 PM
The musical “Godspell,” with music and lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, who later composed “Wicked,” made its debut in 1971. Forty-three years later, it’s being brought to the stage in the Fox Valley by Spotlight Youth Theater Aurora.
‘The Curious Savage’ comes to Batavia Apr 29, 2014 3:03 PM
John Patrick’s “The Curious Savage,” which debuted in 1950, calls into question conventional definitions of sanity while offering plenty of PG-rated laughs. The comedy will be presented by the Albright Theatre Company May 2-17 in Batavia.
From India to Naperville, CTO aims to keep innovating Apr 9, 2014 8:55 AM
Kukec's People features Sanjib Sahoo of Naperville, who went from humble beginnings in India, to Naperville and Chicago, where he heads technology for TradeMonster.
Generations run Volo’s Fish Lake, while generations have returned Mar 24, 2014 4:58 AM
Kukec's People features Volo's Fish Lake Resort and how five generations have kept it moving ahead for 75 years.
Dentists offer free services in February Jan 30, 2014 10:22 AM
The Fox River Valley Dental Society’s 14th annual “Dentist With a Heart” will be held throughout the month of February. Many area dentists from the Tri-Cities and Aurora area will be opening their doors to the needy, offering free services for the day.
Waubonsee offers series on financial aid Jan 27, 2014 1:47 PM
February marks Financial Aid Awareness Month, and Waubonsee Community College has planned a series of free public events to help students learn more about receiving financial aid for the 2014-2015 school year.
Waubonsee plans for new year and beyond Jan 22, 2014 3:32 PM
At Waubonsee Community College, we are looking forward to what 2014 will bring, but we are also looking further ahead, to prepare the college to continue to meet the educational and lifelong learning needs of our students for the next decade and beyond.
Literacy project seeks volunteer tutors Jan 13, 2014 1:58 PM
The Adult Literacy Project at Waubonsee Community College is seeking volunteer tutors to help adult students increase their proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English, as well as math and other basic skills.
Waubonsee Community College students win top spots in poetry competition Jan 9, 2014 12:36 PM
Two Waubonsee Community College students captured the top two spots in the poetry category at the Illinois Skyway Collegiate Conference Writers’ Competition and Festival.
Hear Broadway favorites at Fox Country Players’ benefit Dec 30, 2013 8:01 AM
Rehearsals are already under way for Fox Country Players’ annual benefit concert, “A Night of Broadway,” which will be staged at the Community Christian Church in Yorkville at 7 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18.
New year right time for new start at college Dec 18, 2013 1:20 PM
While starting college in the fall makes sense for many students coming directly from high school, there are distinct advantages to beginning in the spring semester.
Serving students who served our country Dec 9, 2013 2:56 PM
Waubonsee Community College considers it a privilege to serve members of our community through its educational programs and services, and is also honored to be able to serve many students who have served our country.
Take time to relax at Waubonsee’s free concerts Nov 27, 2013 3:30 PM
On Dec. 6-15, Waubonsee Community College will host its annual series of five live winter musical performances in an assortment of musical genres.
Waubonsee readies GED students for new exam Nov 20, 2013 3:31 PM
January 2014 will mark the implementation of a new edition of the General Educational Development exam designed to ensure that this first step toward a higher education is truly a step up. When it debuts, the 2014 GED test will have a new structure and delivery method, along with new content.
Complete College America works to eliminate barriers Oct 28, 2013 2:42 PM
In recent years, it has been difficult to miss the emphasis placed on the importance of college degree or certificate completion. Many statistics and studies have been quoted outlining the benefits to individual students, society and the economy.
Join Oswego High grad in fighting cancer with hope Sep 27, 2013 6:08 PM
You're invited to attend the Rachel's Hope Fundraiser Event at Emerson Creek Pottery & Tearoom on October 18th, from 5:00 - 8:00.
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Problem is seeing facilities as cash centers
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- New Bartlett restaurant opens downtown
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.