Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Olympics Women
Hong denies Biles 3rd gold at gymnastics worlds Oct 11, 2014 6:48 PM
Hong Un Jong of North Korea won the vault event on Saturday, denying Simone Biles of the United States a third gold medal at the gymnastics world championships. Hong received 15.599 points to secure North Korea’s first medal at the meet. Biles, who won her second all-around title on Friday and also won gold from the team event, took silver with 15.554 points. Mykayla Skinner of the United States was third with 15.366 points.
Van Dyken demonstrates social media’s positive side Jun 28, 2014 4:16 PM
Not long after Amy Van Dyken-Rouen had surgery for a life-threatening spine injury, while she still wasn’t completely out of danger, her husband placed a cellphone in her hands. The decorated Olympic swimmer had always enjoyed sharing her life and thoughts on social media, so Tom Rouen figured it might do her some good when she awoke. It worked more than he could have imagined, providing Amy a therapeutic tool as she makes the transition from elite athlete to possibly spending the rest of her life in a wheelchair.
Ex-Olympian swims with suburban kids at Stevenson Jun 11, 2014 8:55 AM
Six years have passed since swimming legend Dara Torres last competed in the Olympics, but the California native showed she’s still in fine form Tuesday when she joined a group of young suburban swimmers at Lincolnshire’s Stevenson High School. “It’s a lot of fun,” Torres said of the meet-and-greets. “Some of the shy ones are so cute.”
Olympic star Van Dyken severs spine in accident Jun 9, 2014 10:16 PM
Six-time Olympic gold medalist swimmer Amy Van Dyken severed her spine in an all-terrain vehicle accident over the weekend, and she told emergency workers she could not move her toes or feel anything touching her legs.
Quite a run by Northwestern lacrosse May 23, 2014 11:58 PM
Northwestern was again representing at the NCAA women's lacrosse championships. The Wildcats played in their 10th straight Final Four on Friday. In other news, DePaul women's basketball coach Doug Bruno will again be coaching with USA women's basketball and former Sky forward Swin Cash returns to Allstate Arena on Saturday.
Gay suspended 1 year, returns Olympic silver medal May 2, 2014 5:19 PM
Sprinter Tyson Gay accepted a one-year suspension Friday after testing positive for a banned substance nearly a year ago and returned the silver medal he won in the men’s 400-meter relay at the 2012 London Olympics.
Meet U.S. Olympian Bozek at Special Olympics fundraiser Apr 2, 2014 7:27 PM
U.S. Olympian Megan Bozek will meet and pose for pictures with fans Friday at a fundraiser in Buffalo Grove to benefit Special Olympics. The event takes place at 6 p.m. at the Continental Restaurant, 788 Buffalo Grove Road in Buffalo Grove.
Bozek honored in Buffalo Grove Mar 24, 2014 9:57 PM
Olympic silver medalist and Buffalo Grove resident Megan Bozek was honored Monday night at the Buffalo Grove Park District board of commissioners meeting. “Because of her success on the hockey team we wanted to honor her accomplishments.” Dan Schimmel, executive-director for the Buffalo Grove Park District said.
Olympian Megan Bozek returns to Stevenson High Mar 12, 2014 2:52 PM
Olympic hockey player and Stevenson High School alumna Megan Bozek returned to her alma mater Wednesday for the first time since winning a silver medal in Sochi. Bozek, of Buffalo Grove, received a standing ovation from more than 100 students, teachers, coaches and administrators when she took the stage in an auditorium.
Olympic women’s goalie practices with Oilers Mar 5, 2014 6:16 PM
Olympic champion women’s goalie Shannon Szabados took the ice with the Edmonton Oilers at practice Wednesday. The Team Canada goalie filled in at practice for the National Hockey League while the Oilers waited for Viktor Fasth to arrive after a trade with Anaheim.
Buffalo Grove plans to celebrate Olympian Megan Bozek Feb 26, 2014 12:51 PM
Buffalo Grove officials intend to honor Stevenson High School grad Megan Bozek, a U.S. women's hockey team player who received a silver medal in the Sochi Olympics. Buffalo Grove Village Manager Dane Bragg said the plan is to recognize Bozek and her family when they are available. He said the honor would come at a village board meeting.
Austrian Olympic Committee:Skier positive for EPO Feb 23, 2014 1:32 AM
Austrian cross-country skier Johannes Duerr has been kicked out of the Sochi Games after testing positive for EPO, the country’s Olympic committee said Sunday. It is the fifth doping case of the Olympics and the first involving the blood-boosting drug EPO.
Images: Winter Olympics, Sunday, February 23 Feb 23, 2014 5:28 PM
The 2014 Olymics in Sochi, Russia held closing ceremonies after the final day of events that included the men's hockey, bobsledding and cross-country skiing. Canada defeated Sweden 3-0 for the gold medal in hockey and USA-1 won the bronze in four-man bobsledding.
2 more Olympians test positive for drugs Feb 22, 2014 4:45 PM
A Latvian hockey player and a Ukrainian cross-country skier failed drug tests at the Sochi Olympics, bringing to four the number of doping cases at the games. The International Olympic Committee said early Sunday that Vitalijs Pavlovs and Marina Lisogor were both expelled from the games.
Images: Winter Olympics, Saturday, February 22nd Feb 22, 2014 4:27 PM
Images from Saturday at the 2014 Winter Olympic games in Sochi.
American teen wins Olympic slalom Feb 21, 2014 5:01 PM
American Mikaela Shiffrin won by more than a half-second to become, at 18, the youngest slalom champion in Olympic history. “It’s going to be something that I chalk up as one of my favorite experiences for the rest of my life,” she said. Shiffrin’s gold gave the United States five Alpine medals.
Judging talk overshadows figure skating again Feb 21, 2014 8:32 AM
Leave it to figure skating and judging, where winning can be obscured by whining. Any sport without a finish line or clock or some definitive standard is subject to skepticism about the results. It has happened at the Olympics before, and now it’s happened at Sochi after Adelina Sotnikova skated away with the gold medal, the first for a Russian woman in the individual event.
Swiss women beat Sweden 4-3 for hockey bronze Feb 20, 2014 9:11 AM
Jessica Lutz broke a third-period tie with 6:17 to play and Switzerland rallied from a two-goal deficit to beat Sweden 4-3 and claim the bronze medal in Olympic women’s hockey on Thursday.
Canada women stun U.S. in miracle comeback to win gold Feb 20, 2014 4:25 PM
Marie-Philip Poulin scored twice for the second straight Olympic gold medal game and Canada beat the United States 3-2 in overtime on Thursday for its fourth consecutive title. Canada trailed 2-0 before Brianne Jenner and Poulin scored in the final 3:26 of regulation, and Poulin had the game-winner with a power play goal at 8:10 of overtime.
Stevenson students watch Bozek in gold medal game Feb 21, 2014 4:34 AM
Stevenson High School students had special incentive to watch Thursday's Olympic women's hockey match between the U.S. and Canada — they were hoping to see alum Megan Bozek win a gold medal. TVs in the hallways were tuned to the rivalry game during lunch periods throughout the Lincolnshire school, but the outcome would be silver, not golden.
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Strong start by Dunleavy
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) PATIENT COORDINATOR - HEALTHCARE We are looking for an experienced Patient Coordinator to handle the demands of the front office of fast paced surgical practice in NW suburbs. Candidate MUST have at least 3-5 years of medical office experience, a high-school diploma with 2 or more years of college education preferred. Experience with EMR necessary, eClinicalWorks knowledge a plus. Candidate must be professional, possess excellent customer service skills, able to handle multiple tasks effectively and calmly. Good computer skills a must. Commensurate salary, good location. Candidates please email resume to: email@example.com (id:4388037) QUALITY CONTROL - Quality Control Mechanical inspectors In-process & final inspections CMM experience a plus. Email Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389842)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to email@example.com (id:4389208)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.