Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Oak Grove District 68
New iPads, playground greet Oak Grove students Aug 22, 2014 1:54 PM
The first day of classes Friday at Oak Grove Elementary School was particularly exciting as students were greeted by a new playground and iPads.
School districts 70, 68 expand sharing program Jul 22, 2014 5:28 PM
Libertyville Elementary District 70 and neighboring Oak Grove District 68 are expanding a shared management services agreement to include an art teacher.
Teacher chosen to attend prestigious Apple training in California Mar 6, 2014 1:01 AM
As a first-grade teacher and now a technology coach at Oak Grove Elementary School, Allison Honaker recognizes how important it is that students utilize the latest technology to help them learn. Honaker now can show staff how to use the latest Apple devices in the classroom after being selected to participate in a prestigious Apple training at its headquarters in Cupertino, Calif.
Libertyville High School’s Jazz Festival Jan 21, 2014 4:40 PM
Oak Grove and Highland Middle School jazz students learn from the pros at Libertyville High School's Jazz Fest Tuesday.
Oak Grove School renovation project wrapping up Aug 15, 2013 5:46 PM
An intense summer of building construction is wrapping up at Oak Grove Elementary Distict 68 in advance of classes Tuesday. Ten classrooom and two science labs have been remodeled as part of $3.2 million in building improvements that are part of a mulit-year plan. “It’s a doozy of a project,” says Lonny Lemon, who is starting his second year as superintendent.
School board vacancy in Oak Grove District 68 Jun 14, 2013 6:10 PM
Oak Grove District 68 is accepting applications for a vacancy on the school board created with the recent resignation of Kim Opsahl, who is moving out of state.
Oak Grove Junior High variety show May 16 May 14, 2013 12:58 PM
Oak Grove Junior High School students will perform "Broadway, The Oak Grove Way Variety Show" at 4 and 7 p.m. Thursday, May 16 in the school gymnasium, 1700 O'Plaine Road, Green Oaks. Tickets are $7 in advance or $8 at the door. The production includes a cast of more than 100 students from fifth through eighth grades, four eighth grade masters of ceremonies and an eighth grade student director.
The Soapbox Feb 16, 2013 5:00 AM
Daily Herald editors have much to say about service, tributes and one suburban sheriff's silence.
Ken LaCrosse: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Ken LaCrosse, running for Oak Grove District 68 School Board (4-year Terms)
Leigh Foltz: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Leigh Foltz, running for Oak Grove District 68 School Board (4-year Terms)
Craig Dowden: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Craig Dowden, running for Oak Grove District 68 School Board (4-year Terms)
Jennifer Manski: Candidate Profile Feb 22, 2013 6:21 PM
Candidate information for Jennifer Manski, running for Oak Grove District 68 School Board (4-year Terms)
Third graders at Oak Grove School follow business plan to feed kids in Haiti Feb 11, 2013 7:09 PM
A third-grade class at Oak Grove School in Green Oaks formed a company to raise funds for hungry children in Haiti. Their effort raised abouit $700 and earned a visit of thanks Monday from the CEO of Feed My Starving Children. "Kids provide a significant amount of the volunteering and support," CEO Mark Crea said. "It's kids feeding kids."
Dist. 68 race now uncontested Jan 25, 2013 5:33 PM
The race for a spot on the Green Oaks-based Oak Grove Elementary District 68 school board will be uncontested with the withdrawal of one of the candidates.
Rotary Reads program visits local classrooms Nov 13, 2012 12:43 PM
The Libertyville Sunrise Rotary Club recently held the seventh annual "Rotary Reads" program in local elementary schools.
Meet Lake County’s new superintendents Aug 20, 2012 11:39 AM
Students aren't alone in facing fresh experiences as a new school year unfolds in Lake County. Several new superintendents have assumed the day-to-day management in districts. The Daily Herald asked eight new superintendents about challenges and goals in the 2012-13 school year.
Oak Grove Dist. 68 hires superintendent from Quincy May 25, 2012 6:35 PM
Oak Grove Elementary District 68 has hired a new superintendent, from Quincy, to join the district July 1.
Senior citizens give students a lesson in producing a television show May 12, 2012 10:39 AM
Working behind the camera and within the control room, eighth grade students from Oak Grove Elementary School learned behind the scenes what it takes to produce a TV show. But instead of learning about what happens in a television studio in Hollywood or in Chicago station, the lesson was taught by a group of senior citizens. "They will be surprised to see how old we are, said Vita Verden, the almost 80-year-old host of Senior Issues Etc.
Foreign languages at Oak Grove to start in kindergarten Mar 24, 2012 7:45 AM
Students in Oak Grove School District 68 next year will be getting more concentrated doses of foreign language instruction. Starting in kindergarten, younger students in the elementary district for the first time will be introduced to a foreign language while older students will be given the choice of taking Spanish or Mandarin. French will be phased out.
District 73 bullying workshop Mar 21, 2012 6:00 PM
Hawthorn Elementary District 73 in cooperation with feeder school districts is hosting a bullying workshop for parents on Tuesday April 3.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Rozner: Another look at Brady does Cutler no favors
- Metropolis needs changes to survive
- Emerging markets are installing renewable energy
- New executive director starts at Metropolis
- Our endorsement: Cross for Illinois treasurer
- No bail for Hanover Park woman charged in newborn's death
- Indications point to Maddon, but Cubs mum
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- See Nightmare on Chicago Street costume winners
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- DRIVER CDL-A - West Suburban Stone Distributor seeks driver for Regional runs. Home 4-5 nights per week. Good driving record required. Complete benefits package. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388662) STAFF SCIENTIST - Scientist: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. seeks remote Staff Scientist/Collaboration Scientist reporting to Hoffman Estates, IL. Engage in clinical investigation & research activities, eval & validation of prototypes, enhancements to angiography eqpmt for use in interventional procedures. Coordinate Angiography & X-ray research. Travel 80% w/in Houston, TX. Travel 20% various locations U.S. & Germany. Reports to HQ in IL, must reside in the Houston metro area. May work from home when no travel. Req a Master's in Medicine, Medical Sci/Physics, Engrg, or related & 3 yrs exp in imaging tech, OR PhD & 1 yr exp Also exp as tech consultant; medical imaging & equipment; interventional medicine; clinical eval & validation of prototypes; & presentation of results. Resumes: ATTN: Sarah Sadler, 2501 Barrington Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192. REQ#138206. EOE (id:4388934) WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: email@example.com (id:4388989)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.