Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Northwest Suburban High School D214
Wheeling High STEM program gets international attention Aug 4, 2014 6:07 PM
Wheeling High School was visited by a member of the British Parliament on Monday, who is interested in helping create a national career planning initiative in England.
Shocking increase of homeless students in suburbs Jul 28, 2014 1:24 PM
Since 2007, the number of homeless students has risen by more than 70 percent, most alarmingly in the suburbs. But federal and state funding hasn't kept up - and as a result more students are falling through the cracks, advocates say. “These kids are dealing with a lot,” said Deb Dempsey of the Kane County Regional Office of Education. “
Mt. Prospect teens learn to be entrepreneurs Jul 27, 2014 5:25 PM
The Youth Entrepreneur Academy, which turns young people into thriving business owners, returns this fall to Prospect High School."It's hugely important to reach young people these kinds of lessons," said Susan Dozier, a vice president of American Chartered Bank who has served on the program's investor panel.
Arlington Heights teen on 'Jeopardy!' today Jul 22, 2014 6:13 AM
An Arlington Heights teen who scored a perfect 36 on the ACT, twice, and double 800s on her SAT, will make her debut appearance on Jeopardy's Teen Tournament on Tuesday afternoon. Selena Groh, who is now 17, but was 16 when the show filmed in March, just finished her junior year at Buffalo Grove High School, but took a few days off to fly to Los Angeles with her mom and brother to film the show.
Deal reached to save Town Center in Wheeling Jul 22, 2014 2:24 PM
An agreement announced Monday between Wheeling and four other governing bodies apparently will save the $150 million Town Center planned for the site that once held Wickes Furniture.
Arlington Heights teen advances on 'Jeopardy' Jul 23, 2014 5:22 AM
On the strength of a $6,000 gamble and faith that she knew something about the 1889 Paris World's Fair, Arlington Heights teen Selena Groh earmed a spot in the "Jeopardy" Teen Tournament semi-finals Tuesday. “It was a weird twist of fate that the final answer was about that,” Groh said Tuesday from her home in Arlington Heights.
Wheeling creates TIF districts over four government bodies' objections Jul 8, 2014 2:32 PM
The Wheeling village board moved ahead Monday toward two big redevelopments - a village Town Center and an industrial area near Chicago Executive Airport - by creating two new tax increment financing districts – over the objections of four government bodies that asked for a delay.
District 214 performs all-district musical next week Jul 3, 2014 12:26 PM
Northwest Suburban High School District 214 will present its first all-district musical at 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, and Thursday, July 10, at Wheeling High School’s Robert Sang Theatre. The all-district musical gives an opportunity to bring together talented students from across District 214 to share the stage and work together.
Get your tickets for District 214’s ‘Urinetown!’ Jul 2, 2014 1:35 PM
District 214 is proud to present the first ever all-district musical 7 p.m. Wednesday, July 9, and Thursday, July 10, at Wheeling High School in the Robert Sang Theatre.
Rolling Meadows High raises thousands for African orphanage Jun 30, 2014 8:37 AM
Students in Rolling Meadows High School’s Rotary Interact service club have raised $6,000 to help fund fresh drinking water at an orphanage in Ghana, Africa, a sum that will now be matched by the Arlington Heights Rotary Club.
With Town Center on the line, Wheeling makes final offer Jun 25, 2014 6:45 PM
Wheeling has made a “very, very generous” — and final — offer to the four government bodies threatening to sue if the village board establishes two new tax increment financing districts, Village President Dean Argiris said this week. He said if the parties sue, the Town Center project in Wheeling is doomed.
Wheeling senior receives Calisch Award for the Arts Jun 23, 2014 9:26 AM
Celine Dirkes, a senior at Wheeling High School, has been chosen from a field of six Northwest Suburban High School District 214 nominees as the 2013-14 Richard W. Calisch Arts Unlimited Award recipient.
The Soapbox Jun 21, 2014 5:01 AM
Daily Herald editors comment on suburban happenings, decisions and achievements.
Prospect Heights house built by District 214 students hitting the market Jun 20, 2014 10:01 AM
A group of students from Northwest Suburban High School District 214 have a four-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom house that they designed and built from scratch going on the market for $599,000. “It’s definitely a good feeling when you put a lot of hard work into it,” said 2013 Prospect High School graduate Chris Zimmer.
Elk Grove High School Choir performs with Foreigner in Chicago Jun 13, 2014 1:13 PM
Members of the Elk Grove High School Choir joined classic rock group Foreigner onstage June 6 at Northerly Island in Chicago after winning a radio contest. The choir was the winner of a 104.3 KHITS radio contest in which the public got to vote online for their favorite high school choir performing the Foreigner song, “I Want To Know What Love Is.”
Students create mobile app for Wheeling High School Jun 11, 2014 9:29 AM
Two Wheeling High School students have developed a free Android-supported app that gives users access to school information from the website.
Hersey entrepreneurs donate to Make-A-Wish Foundation Jun 11, 2014 9:27 AM
What began as a business venture evolved into a philanthropic opportunity for John Hersey High School’s entrepreneurial students.
District 214, education support union reach agreement Jun 8, 2014 4:20 PM
Northwest Suburban High School District 214’s Board of Education on Thursday approved a new three-year contract with the Educational Support Personnel Association, the District’s 400-member union for employees including instructional assistants, campus security, clerical staff and administrative and technology assistants.
District 214 reveals new brand, logo Jun 6, 2014 5:52 PM
Northwest Suburban High School District 214 has a new brand and tagline, part of an effort by administrators to bring national attention to the local schools.
Spanish students learn Latin dance moves Jun 6, 2014 1:10 PM
Spanish students in levels 1, 2, and 3 hit the dance floor in Buffalo Grove High School’s Community Room on May 29, where they learned the fundamentals of the Bachata, Merengue, Cha Cha Cha and Salsa from dance instructor Miguel Mendez of Salsa Chicago.
- St. Charles students expelled for computer attack
- 5 topics for Obama's year-end news conference
- Child being observed for Ebola symptoms
- Bears need to clean house in a big way
- Suburban schools changing how they discuss heroin
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Dist. 200 considers enrollment change for apartment complex
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Police search for shooter in Montgomery
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually assaulting patients
- Naperville doctor charged with sexually abusing patients
- Cutler out, Clausen to start for first time in 4 years
- Streamwood man pleads guilty to baseball bat attack
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
- Imrem: If only it were a different Jimmy replacing Cutler
- Good Samaritans save driver in Streamwood crash
- Dawn Patrol: Suburban Cuban-Americans hope to renew family ties; Bears bench Cutler
- 'Fast-casual' pizza coming to Naperville, Schaumburg
- Rocky, Blackhawks continue to get job done
- Boogeyman wins as movie theaters cave to threat
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Administrative Assistant Arl Hts Contractor seeks detail oriented admin to assist our project managers -typing, copying, scanning, filing, file-maintenance, email, purchase order entry and related document follow-up. Will also handle work comp, gen liab & auto claims w/our ins carriers. Receive initial claim info, review w exec/mgmt, enter claims online, paper & elec filing, maintain internal incident & OSHA logs. Attend claim review and safety meetings along with various other safety projects and functions. Other resp may incl EEO docs, I-Pass replenishment & vehicle registrations, purchasing printed materials and office supplies. Ability to use outlook, excel & word is required. Insurance experience is highly preferred. Salary commensurate with exp, benefits. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393509) SENIOR CONSULTANT - Senior Consultant Develop, customize, implement, test, and support Oracle Applications 11i & R12. Develop RICE Objects. Work on the product development of Margin Analysis Dashboard to get all the offers created in Oracle CHRM. Implement Oracle Application R12 Channel Revenue and Trade Management. Develop Various Oracle Reports. Tools used: SQL Developer, TOAD, PVCS, Oracle Developer 6i /10 G, and Jdeveloper 10G. Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems + 5 years of experience. Job site Vernon Hills, IL. Email resume Tribus Point, LLC email@example.com (id:4393561) SCHOOL NURSE - School nurse, RN knows Type I Diabete Survival skills. Exc benefits. To be considered for this position, please complete an application online at: http://www.generalasp.com/ ndep/onlineapp (id:4393806)
- INVENTORY TAKER PT - Inventory Taker PT -in NW Chicago. No exp. nec. Must be at least 18 & have reliable transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349. www.rgisinv.com keyword dist057 (id:4392729) HOUSEKEEPER - Cleaning -FT Housekeeper wanted for Lake Barrington Woods Retirement Community in Lake Barrington. Apply at www.seniorlifestyle.com (id:4392776) ADMINISTRATIVE - Administrative -Long- established Naperville business law firm has a support staff opening, 4 days/week, 8:30 am -5:00 pm; Mon & Fri availability a must. Varied duties include receptionist, clerical, secretarial, litigation support, etc. Will train. Expertise in Windows & MS Office essential. Pleasant environment. E-mail resume & cover letter, including salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4392876)
- SERVER - Hospitality -FT Server wanted for Lake Barrington Woods Retirement community in Lake Barrington. Apply at www.seniorlifestyle.com (id:4392768) WAREHOUSE - Food Nation PIZZA AND FOODS, a rapidly expanding baking and prepared foods business company in Schaumburg has excellent opportunities available. PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE POSITIONS We are hiring for the following positions: Quality Assurance Inspector Maintenance Mechanics Production Operators Production Leads Warehouse Material Handlers Warehouse Leads General Laborers Sanitation Laborers Warehouse Supervisor Bakery Supervisor Part-Time Quality Inspector positions available ($13.00/hr) Part-Time General Labor positions available ($10.80/hr) Part-Time Material Handler positions available ($14.00/hr) Learn more about the above positions or apply online at www.nationpizza.com/careers 601 E. Algonquin Road in Schaumburg EOE m/f/d/v www.nationpizza.com/careers (id:4393588) ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP - ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS Available at THE LAKE COUNTY JATC 31290 N. U.S. Hwy 45, Unit A Libertyville, IL. 60048 Applications from 11/17/2014 through 1/29/2015 Monday -Thursday 7:00am -12:00pm and 1:00pm -4:00pm Except 12/10/14 & 1/14/15 when applications are accepted until 5:30pm. APPLICATIONS WILL BE CLOSED ON NOVEMBER 27th, DECEMBER 24th, 25th, 31st & JANUARY 1st Applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without regard to race, creed, color, sex, or national origin. Applications must be in person with a $25.00 fee. Visit our website at www.lakecountyjatc.org for further details (id:4388607)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.