Activate Your Free
Articles filed under North Barrington
Choosing the best preschool for your child Jan 26, 2015 4:18 PM
Winter for parents with young children can be the best and worst of times: Christmas celebrations, playing in the snow, feeling cooped up by arctic temperatures and little daylight. Add to that the decisions to be made about the child’s preschool for the upcoming year. Winter is the season for preschool open houses and info fairs, allowing parents to compare their educational choices. Immanuel Lutheran Preschool of East Dundee has some pointers for parents who are looking into preschools.
Bees, bugs and butterflies topic of CFC program Jan 26, 2015 4:12 PM
Experienced conservationist and insect photographer Joan Sayre will lead the discussion at Citizens for Conservation’s February program, “Bees, Bugs and Butterflies.” The hourlong program takes place at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 7, at Barrington Village Hall
Residents with healthy oak trees can enter contest Jan 23, 2015 1:06 PM
The BACT | Great Oaks of Barrington Contest recognizes people who care for our area’s precious oak trees – from those who plant oaks to those who clear out invasive species beneath our community’s long-lived sentinels – because we understand and value this ecosystem.
Barrington-area chamber sends good vibrations at gala Jan 23, 2015 6:09 AM
Business leaders and community members gathered Thursday night for the Barrington Area Chamber of Commerce's second annual gala and silent auction. The theme of the evening was “good vibrations." “One of the most powerful thing the chamber does is it connect people,” Corr said. “Every event is about providing members with the opportunity to make positive business relationships.”
Barrington Area Chamber Announces 2015 Business Awards Jan 26, 2015 7:13 AM
Barrington Area Chamber Announces 2015 Business Awards
Open House Jan 26, 2015 7:25 AM
Open House at Immanuel Lutheran, Palatine, Feb. 3
Woodlands Academy Interfaith Prayer Service Stresses Shared Values Jan 26, 2015 3:36 PM
Students, faculty and staff at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart joined area representatives of the Catholic, Protestant, Jewish and Islamic faiths in a celebration of values they share during an interfaith prayer service Friday, Jan. 23.
Fox River Grove ski tournament marks 110 years this weekend Jan 23, 2015 5:16 AM
While most suburbanites would welcome this week's warmer temperatures, Fox River Grove residents are praying for snow. The Norge Ski Tournament marks its 110th year this weekend in Fox River Grove. Organizers said with temperatures rising keeping the slopes snowpacked will be a challenge.
Scholarships Available for Northwest Suburban High School Women Jan 23, 2015 8:07 AM
Scholarships Available for Northwest Suburban High School Women
Nationally Renowned Speaker, Brian McLaren, will speak at Presbyterian Church of Barrington on Feb. 7, 2015 Jan 23, 2015 8:02 AM
Nationally Renowned Speaker, Brian McLaren, will speak at Presbyterian Church of Barrington on Feb. 7, 2015
Norwegian National League of Chicago offers scholarships Jan 26, 2015 9:15 AM
The Norwegian National League of Chicago is offering scholarships and cash prizes to deserving students who are of Norwegian heritage residing in the counties of Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, McHenry and Will.
Barrington 220 to host Chinese New Year performance Jan 21, 2015 6:26 PM
To celebrate the start of Chinese New Year, the Barrington Area Unit School District 220 will host a traditional Chinese dance performance Jan. 29 featuring the professional dance company Yellow River Dancers, as well as some district students.
Sign up with Health Insurance Marketplace before Feb. 15 Jan 26, 2015 8:58 AM
With the Feb. 15 deadline approaching for getting health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace, Lake County residents have a variety of opportunities to sign up.
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl! Jan 21, 2015 7:09 AM
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl!
VP Business Showcase: Shop and Support Local in the Northwest Suburbs! Jan 21, 2015 7:16 AM
VP Business Showcase: Shop and Support Local in the Northwest Suburbs!
Ela Township Supports First Responders Jan 21, 2015 11:32 AM
Ela Township will be hosting a “First Responders Appreciation Luncheon” for the first responders who serve the Ela Township community
Rotary Club of Long Grove, Kildeer and Hawthorn Woods: International Dental Mission in Nicaragua Jan 20, 2015 7:07 AM
Rotary Club of Long Grove, Kildeer and Hawthorn Woods: International Dental Mission in Nicaragua
Singing Valetine’s or Telegrams Jan 19, 2015 7:18 AM
Singing Valetine’s or Telegrams
Donations for Good Shepherd renovations reach milestone Jan 19, 2015 7:07 PM
The four-year, $247 million campus modernization project at Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Lake Barrington isn’t yet halfway done, but thanks to Barrington-area donors, fundraising efforts are more than 80 percent complete. Hospital spokeswoman Erin Abbey said more than $20.5 million has been raised toward the completion of the project which will add private patient rooms, better technology and more convenient access to inpatient and outpatient services to the 36-year old hospital.
Essay contest winner to be named at Martin Luther King Jr. Interfaith Prayer Breakfast Jan 16, 2015 3:28 PM
FaithBridge is pleased to announce that the winner of this year’s MLK Essay Contest is from Richard Bernotas Middle School in Crystal Lake District 47. This year’s topic: “How do you bring about peace in the midst of challenge and controversy?” Based on this quote: The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at time of challenge and controversy.
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Tell the truth on global warming
- FAFSA workshop Jan. 17 at Maine East
- Americans are too optimistic about long-term care options
- Activist wants Schaumburg to lead on reusable bags
- Woodridge man charged with rape, robbery of 80-year-old Westmont woman
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Mexican restaurant opening in Randhurst Village
- Woman accused of leaving kids to die plans to plead insanity
- Rozner: Sox not scared of expectations
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- POLICY TYPIST - Rolling Meadows insurance office seeks detail-oriented person with good typing-data entry skills. Prior insurance experience a plus. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396304) DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4396251) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: email@example.com (id:4396444)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556)
- SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396294) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408) MANUFACTURING - MANUFACTURING Hoffer Plastics Corp. is seeking reliable and motivated mold techs, inspectors, and machine ops for 2nd and 3rd shifts. OT available. No exp. Necessary. HS diploma or GED required. Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org or apply within 500 N. Collins St., South Elgin. www.hofferplastics.com (id:4396567)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.