Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Nazareth Academy
Cycenas, St. Francis rally to advance Feb 18, 2015 12:01 AM
As the lone senior starter and one of only two on the St. Francis girls basketball team, guard Elinor Cycenas has been through the growing pains.
A special game for Benet's Gerken Feb 13, 2015 11:33 PM
The Benet boys basketball team’s senior night is Saturday night, but Friday’s home game against Nazareth still had extra importance to senior reserve Sean Gerken. The 6-foot-5 Gerken lives in Western Springs and attended St. John of the Cross, a feeder school for the East Suburban Catholic Conference high school in nearby LaGrange Park. “I know a couple of the guys on the team, so it’s a little fun to win the rivalry, get a little bragging rights,” Gerken said. “(But) it’s just like any other game, really — a conference game, just hoping to win and help the team out.”
St. Francis can’t stay with Love, Nazareth Nov 23, 2014 2:13 AM
Love may not have been in the air during Saturday’s penalty-plagued Class 6A semifinal between St. Francis and Nazareth, but Love certainly found the end zone. Nazareth's Julian Love scored on 29- and 27-yard catches, a 22-yard interception return and a 93-yard kickoff return as No. 1 seed Nazareth ended No. 6 St. Francis’ magical season 56-28 in LaGrange Park.
Nazareth stops St. Viator in regular-season finale Oct 25, 2014 7:27 PM
St. Viator’s football team came up short in its East Suburban Catholic Conference finale against Nazareth Academy, falling 49-21 on Saturday. The host Roadrunners, who’d already clinched the league championship, scored 28 unanswered points in the first quarter and went on to complete an unbeaten regular season, finishing 9-0 overall and 7-0 in the ESCC.
Live video: St. Viator vs. Nazareth Oct 25, 2014 9:37 AM
St. Viator vs. Nazareth football
Live video: Benet vs. Nazareth Oct 3, 2014 7:59 AM
Benet vs. Nazareth football
Finely-tuned Nazareth grinds past Benet Oct 4, 2014 1:35 AM
Benet’s football team knew the second half of its season would be more challenging than the first. Nazareth hammered home a reminder on Friday. The powerful Roadrunners put in another machine-like performance in a 35-13 East Suburban Catholic Conference victory over Benet at Lisle’s Benedictine University.
Scouting this weekend’s DuPage County football games Oct 2, 2014 12:23 PM
A quick look at this weekend's DuPage County high school football games.
Nazareth surpasses Willowbrook Jul 17, 2014 10:34 PM
As the innings clicked by, so did Willowbrook’s missed opportunities. Nazareth’s baseball team ultimately took advantage by pulling away to Thursday’s 7-2 victory over the Warriors at the Fenwick regional final in the IHSBCA summer state tournament in River Forest.
Glenbard West gets serious May 28, 2014 1:01 AM
About the time Nazareth Academy took a 5-4 lead in Game 2 of Tuesday’s Glenbard West regional semifinal, the host Hilltoppers became noticeably more serious about the match.
Benet scores 15 in first to clinch ESCC May 21, 2014 9:35 PM
By the end of the first inning, Benet’s baseball team left little doubt about its motivation level to remain East Suburban Catholic Conference champions. A 15-run bottom of the first — yes, 15 runs — powered the Redwings to Wednesday’s 17-7 five-inning victory over visiting Nazareth to clinch back-to-back ESCC titles for the first time in program history.
Good news for Carmel: A win, and Behan’s OK May 7, 2014 10:10 PM
Carmel could breathe a sigh of relief Wednesday. First, the Corsairs learned that Jenny Behan suffered “only” what the junior called a left elbow injury during Tuesday’s game at Johnsburg. Then, Carmel held on to beat visiting Nazareth Academy 6-5, avenging an 11-4 defeat two days earlier, in East Suburban Catholic Conference action.
Montini stays calm, blows out Nazareth Feb 25, 2014 11:23 PM
It takes more than a good half of girls basketball to throw a scare into Montini. “It’s happened a lot,” Montini senior Kateri Stone said. “I think because we’re seniors now it helps that we’ve been in this situation before. So it’s our responsibility to keep everyone calm and then slowly turn the game around.” Nazareth’s good first half at the Class 3A Glenbard South sectional semifinals only served to remind the top-seeded Broncos they can’t take anyone for granted. The Broncos’ strong second half gave them a 70-44 victory Tuesday night in Glen Ellyn.
Wheaton Academy runs out of power against Nazareth Feb 21, 2014 11:25 PM
A power outage on Thursday turned the Class 3A Timothy Christian girls basketball regional final between the Wheaton Academy Warriors and the Nazareth Academy Roadrunners into a two-part series. Near the start of the fourth quarter Thursday night — with the Roadrunners (18-11) up 44-28 — the outage stopped play for the night, to be resumed Friday afternoon. The 16-point deficit was too much for the Warriors to overcome in the 7:07 left on the clock, and Nazareth took the game 58-41. Despite the 15-point final difference the Warriors (16-9) made it interesting, cutting the lead to 8 with 1:16 remaining thanks to a 3-pointer from Jaimie Netzley and four free throws from Marissa Gagliano. “(We wanted to) just come out and finish,” said Warriors coach Beth Mitchell. “We’ve got seven minutes, seven seconds to try and chip away at the lead and we wanted to play physical and play hard, and I think the girls came out and did that and we were able to cut it to eight. Naz is a great team, I think they’ll do really well in the sectional.” The Roadrunners missing some crucial free throws in the fourth gave Wheaton Academy some life, but Nazareth got its act together once the Warriors started fouling, putting away the much-needed points. “I told them that we’re going be in a position that we’re gonna be on the free-throw line and we’re going to have to make more than 50 percent and we actually shot 50 percent,” said Nazareth coach Kim Connell. “So everything I was worried about that could happen in seven minutes actually happened. But we did what we needed to do to win the game.” In the first half Nazareth took the lead with the game’s first basket with 5:22 remaining in the first quarter and it held the lead for the remainder of the game. The two teams went into halftime with the Roadrunners up 24-18, but the game was still there for the taking, until Nazareth’s third-quarter performance, that is. The Roadrunners dropped 18 points in the third and held Wheaton Academy to only 7 points. Nazareth dropped three 3-pointers and had the defensive effort being led by senior Tetre’Anah Cross, who ended with 15 points in the game. “It was tough match,” Cross said, “but I know we just had to play physical and I know we just had to front the post and I know my teammates were going to help me if they tried to go over the top, so you know we just attacked them that way.”
Benet’s O’Mara passes 1,500-point mark in win Feb 14, 2014 11:54 PM
Senior center Sean O’Mara scored 25 points to surpass 1,500 on the varsity and Benet used a huge third quarter to put away host Nazareth Academy 66-45 in front of a raucous boys basketball crowd Friday night.
Brooks, prepared Nazareth prey on Carmel Jan 31, 2014 10:53 PM
The Carmel boys basketball team is in the unusual position this season of being a team that is the hunted rather than the hunter. Off to its best start in nearly 30 years, the Corsairs have found of late that they can no longer sneak up on opposing teams. Even as the home team Friday night, visiting Nazareth was waiting for the Corsairs on senior night, and Roadrunners senior Michael Brooks and his teammates were ready. The visitors looked far more polished than their .500 record would indicate as they used a decisive 14-3 run late in the fourth quarter to hand Carmel a 56-47 loss in Mundelein.
Images: Benet Academy at Nazareth Academy football Oct 12, 2013 4:28 PM
Nazareth Academy hosted Benet Academy for football action on Saturday, Oct. 12 at Nazareth Academy in LaGrange.
Game video: Benet vs. Nazareth Oct 12, 2013 11:07 AM
Benet Academy takes on Nazareth Academy Saturday in Week 7 action. Follow the game here with video from High School Sube, then come back later for the replay and highlights.
Benet streak snapped Oct 12, 2013 7:48 PM
Momentum may swing away but one thing is certain. You always want to be the team holding it at the end of a football game. Nazareth’s late surge led to Saturday’s 28-18 East Suburban Catholic Conference victory over previously-unbeaten Benet in LaGrange Park, breaking the Redwings’ 12-game regular-season winning streak. The Roadrunners (5-2, 3-2) scored the game’s last 11 points while rallying from an 18-17 fourth-quarter deficit.
Scouting this weekend’s DuPage County football games Oct 10, 2013 1:27 PM
The top Week 7 high school football games in the DuPage County coverage area
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Man charged with concealing luxury cars during bankruptcy
- Facebook's 'On This Day' seeks to fix problem social media created
- Watchdog group questions more COD contracts
- Baseball scoreboard: Thursday's results
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- PM&L Theatre plans expansion in downtown Antioch
- Starved horses expose loophole in Indiana's neglect law
- Tyrell's towering blast helps Antioch soar
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Snow leads to slick roads, accidents in the suburbs
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Aurora cousins accused of plotting to bring 'flames of war' to suburbs
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Schaumburg donor drive seeks match for nurse
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Obama talks drug war with 'The Wire' creator David Simon
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Kuma's Corner may come to Schaumburg this summer
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Mediocre foes bring out the worst in the Hawks
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- Daughtry taking center stage at Naperville's Last Fling
- Watchdog group questions more COD contracts
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039)
- BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4401929) BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4402022) INSIDE SALES - Entry Level Inside Sales Looking for mechanically inclined individuals interested in working for a supplier to the automotive, heavy truck, agricultural, and associated industries. Will train. Opportunity for someone without a lot of experience but with a strong desire for future growth. $15-$18/Hr, Mthly Bonus, Benefits. AFI Industries, Inc. 630-871-7815 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401298)
- RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) CUSTOMER SERVICE - RN'S-FREE UP YOUR WEEKENDS! HINES & ASSOCIATES, INC. Due to large growth, we are offering FT Case Mgmt & Utilization Review Positions In our Elgin & St. Charles locations NO NIGHTS, HOLIDAYS OR WEEKENDS! Must be an RN w/ Min. 3 yrs hospital exp or HHC exp Rehab exp a plus! Fax resume to: 847-741-1728 Or email to: email@example.com Or call 877-429-7345 X 3426 with questions (id:4402637) DRIVER - MDC Environmental Services is currently hiring for driving positions. Applicants must be a Class-B CDL driver with air brake en-dorsement. Drivers are responsible for collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by front or rear load truck. This position will be extensive near-continuous physical exertion. We offer full benefit package that includes medical, dental, 401(k). Previous experience a plus. You must fill out an application and return to the Human Resources department at 5450 Wansford Way, Suite 201, Rockford, IL 61109 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer. Please locate our applications on: http://www.rresvcs.com/careers/employment-application EOE (id:4401910)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.