Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under NHL
Hossa scores in Blackhawks’ 6-3 win over Jets Nov 21, 2013 12:00 AM
Marian Hossa returned to the lineup and put the Blackhawks ahead for good with a third-period goal as the Hawks beat the Winnipeg Jets 6-3 Thursday night.
‘Helmet Pardy’ won’t be permitted Thursday Nov 20, 2013 12:00 AM
The Winnipeg Jets on Wednesday distanced themselves from a local disc jockey’s suggestion for fans to wear hockey helmets to Thursday’s game against the Blackhawks. It was called a “Helmet Pardy” by the DJ in response to the incident at the United Center during a game Nov. 6 where Jets defenseman Adam Pardy had his helmet ripped off his head by a fan after he was sent crashing through the glass by a check from Brandon Bollig.
Some glitches, but Blackhawks still in a good place Nov 20, 2013 12:00 AM
While a bit of adversity has crept into the picture for the Blackhawks, they still have reached a quarter of the season tied with Anaheim for first place in the Western Conference with 32 points. Tim Sassone takes a closer look at the season so far, and what's ahead, in today's report.
Blackhawks fall in Avalanche of goals Nov 19, 2013 12:00 AM
No one was laughing Tuesday night after the first game of the Blackhawks' circus road trip as the Hawks kicked off their seven-game trek at Colorado with a dud of a loss, falling 5-1 to the Avalanche.
Varlamov leads Avalanche past Blackhawks 5-1 Nov 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Semyon Varlamov stopped 36 shots, Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist and the Colorado Avalanche beat the Chicago Blackhawks 5-1 on Tuesday night. Gabriel Landeskog and John Mitchell also scored during Colorado’s three-goal first period. P.A. Parenteau and Cody McLeod added goals in the second and third for Colorado, which snapped a three-game skid.
Red Wings’ DeKeyser hurts shoulder, leaves game Nov 19, 2013 12:00 AM
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Danny DeKeyser will be out at least for the rest of the week after injuring his left shoulder in a 2-0 loss to the Nashville Predators on Tuesday night. DeKeyser was checked into the boards on his second shift early in the first period by Predators forward Patric Hornqvist.
Versteeg sees good changes with Hawks Nov 18, 2013 12:00 AM
When Kris Versteeg found out he was traded back to the Blackhawks on Thursday he figured the assimilation process would be a breeze. Well, the 27-year-old forward has found out just how quickly things can change.
Blackhawks, Hartman agree to 3-year deal Nov 18, 2013 12:00 AM
The Blackhawks have agreed to terms of a three-year deal with forward Ryan Hartman, the team’s first-round selection (30th overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. Hartman, a 19-year-old from West Dundee, has posted 21 points (10g, 11a) in 20 games this season with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League.
Hawks’ Crawford stronger than everNov 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Patrick Sharp scored 2 goals, the second coming in the third period on a penalty shot, while Brandon Pirri, Jonathan Toews and Kris Versteeg were the other goal scorers Sunday night for the Blackhawks, who rebounded nicely from Saturday’s disastrous 7-2 loss at Nashville with a 5-1 victory over San Jose at the United Center.
Hawks’ Khabibulin goes on IRNov 17, 2013 12:00 AM
The Blackhawks placed goalie Nikolai Khabibulin on injured reserve Sunday with a lower-body injury suffered in the first period of Saturday’s blowout loss at Nashville. To take Khabibulin’s roster spot, the Hawks recalled Antti Raanta from Rockford.
Blackhawks pound Sharks 5-1 Nov 17, 2013 12:00 AM
Patrick Sharp scored two goals, including one on a third-period penalty shot, and Kris Versteeg had a goal and an assist to lead the Blackhawks to a 5-1 win over the San Jose Sharks on Sunday night at United Center.
Tough night all around for Blackhawks Nov 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Maybe it wasn’t the biggest game of Nikolai Khabibulin’s career. This is a guy, after all, who has won Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final over Calgary when he was with Tampa Bay. But it was still a big game for Khabibulin on Saturday night against Nashville as far as his career with the Hawks is concerned.
Predators surge past Blackhawks 7-2 Nov 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Rookie Marek Mazanec made 39 saves for his first NHL victory and the Nashville Predators beat the Chicago Blackhawks 7-2 Saturday night. Craig Smith scored a goal and added two assists for the Predators. The three-point game equaled the Madison, Wis. native’s career high.
Versteeg big fan of Blackhawks coach Nov 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Kris Versteeg made his Blackhawks re-debut Saturday with the team that was at the top of his wish list. Versteeg had a no-trade clause with Florida, but the Hawks were the one team about which he didn’t have to be asked. One of the key reasons for wanting to play for the Hawks was getting reunited with coach Joel Quenneville. “I do have a no-trade, and you get to choose teams and obviously Chicago was at the top of the list,” Versteeg said. “Joel is a winning coach, and he’s proven that ever since he’s been with the Avalanche and the Blues and obviously coming here now and winning two Stanley Cups in five years."
Hawks looks past Versteeg’s ACL injury Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Kris Versteeg’s health is not an issue, insists Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman. Versteeg suffered a torn ACL in his knee last March 12 and is close to 100 percent recovered. “He’s been playing this year and is ready to go,” Bowman said.
Shocked Versteeg excited to rejoin Blackhawks Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Kris Versteeg couldn’t get back to Chicago fast enough. “I had about 30 minutes of sleep last night,” Versteeg said after arriving in time to make the 11:30 a.m. practice. “You’re just excited and really trying to process everything that’s going on.
Sez here that Bears should retire Peanut’s number Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM
What if the Bears found a way to retire one more jersey number and the three guys they had to choose from to receive that honor were Brian Urlacher, Charles Tillman and Lance Briggs? Whom should they select?
Blackhawks beat Coyotes 5-4 in shootout Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Jonathan Toews and rookie Brandon Pirri scored in a four-round shootout, and the Blackhawks beat the Phoenix Coyotes 5-4 on Thursday night for their fourth straight win. Radim Vrbata had the lone shootout goal for Phoenix, 7-1-1 in its last nine games.
Hawks no big fans of shootouts Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM
More and more general managers want to cut down on the number of shootouts, which would be just fine with Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville and star winger Patrick Kane. There were several options discussed by the GMs at their meeting this week in Toronto, such as expanding the present 4-on-4 overtime format from five to 10 minutes. This season in the NHL, 40 first 262 games went to a shootout. Detroit GM Ken Holland even proposed five minutes of 4-on-4 and then three minutes of 3-on-3.
Blackhawks’ championship book/dvd on sale Nov 14, 2013 12:00 AM
“One Goal II,” the commemorative championship book produced by Blackhawks Publishing, will go on sale on Tuesday, Nov. 19, at all Blackhawks Store locations, team officials announced Thursday. The book, which includes the hour-long team DVD “17 Seconds,” also can be pre-ordered online via blackhawksstore.com.
- Mt. Prospect school mourning loss of beloved teacher
- TCF Bank to close 37 branches in Jewel-Oscos
- Suburban gas station owners charged with tax fraud
- 'Miracle baby' heads home to Schaumburg
- Lake Villa standoff ends peacefully
- Police: Boy causes lockdown at Lake Zurich schools
- Sox acquire Eaton in three-way deal
- Pedestrian accident in Grayslake halts Metra
- Office Depot bypasses Naperville; 1,600 local employees affected
- Bitter cold freezes Chicago area
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Better to get fined and go uninsured?
- Can we not keep Christ in Christmas?
- Suburban Dominick's stores to be Mariano's next year
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Lake Villa standoff ends peacefully
- Volunteer accused of stealing from Gurnee Youth Baseball
- Office Depot bypasses Naperville; 1,600 local employees affected
- Suggs found guilty of killing Round Lake Park woman
- 105-year sentence in death of Round Lake Park woman
- FIREPLACE INSTALLER - Installer -70 Yr Old Patio Furniture, Fireplace, BBQ Co. in Arl Hts seeks FT fireplace In- staller. Exp. a plus. Will help train, ins. avail. 401K, must have valid DL. Call 847-253-1905 (id:4360222) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist -NW suburban co. is looking for a receptionist. Applicant must be proficient in Word & Excel. Must be motivated, dependable, team player, self-starter. Exp. req'd Please e-mail resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com (id:4360440) COMMERCIAL LINES ACCOUNT MANAGER - Dntn Arl Hts Ins Agency seeking EXP Comm Lines Acct Mgr AMS360 helpful Sal. Comm. w-EXP Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4359031)
- ASST MANAGER - Asst Manager Credit Union 1 is hiring for its Libertyville location! Coordinates daily branch operations to maintain efficient & convenient member service. 1-2 yrs teller, loan & supervisory exp. Full benefits package salary is $33,253-$49,880 yr based on experience. Apply at www.creditunion1.org (id:4360436) VAN DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PT/ 20 HRS. WK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P), 847-438-9698(F) email@example.com (id:4360130) STAFFING COORDINATOR - Human Resources Staffing Coordinator FT Coordinate staffing schedules of Senior Living community. Reqs: Office skills, typing, filing, computer based systems including MicroSoft Office. HS Dip or equiv., 1 yr exp as a primary care Apply online www.belmontvillagejobs.com fax 847-537-5308, apply in person. Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 EOE (id:4360309)
- CALL CENTER - Call Center B to B call center rep, M-F + bonus, $14/hr, plus bene pkg. Call 630-889-5750 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (id:4359947) LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER - DataStage Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for DataStage Analyst. Jobs loc Schaumburg IL & var unanticip locs t/o U.S. Wrk w/app dvlpmnt team incldg Sr. DataStage Analysts in dvlpng cmplx apps. Prfrm technl dsgn & dfne stndrds, procs & prcdrs for BI app dvlpmnt wrkg w/Sr. DataStage Analysts. Dvlp BI layrs & bld reprts. Cmmuncate w/mngmnt archtctre prgrss. Wrk w/var technlgs, specifc incldg DataStage, Oracle, & SQL. No on/job traing provd. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o US for LT/ST asgnmts at clt sts. Reqs MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (scintfc, techncl, mathtcl) or rel. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO BOX 59058 Schaumburg IL 60159 Job 13ET105 EOE (id:4359580) DATABASE SERVICES SUPPORT ANALYST - A Transportation Software developer in Des Plaines, IL seeking a part time position for highly motivated detail oriented individual who is eager to learn and provide support for databases we maintain internally and for customers. Responsibilities include misc. database maint., internet research-analysis-analytical problem resolution. Qualifications: -Strong Communication and Interpersonal Skills -Good analytical skills -Proficient in Word-Ecxel(Access a +) -Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency is necessary in this position -Transportation knowledge related to shipping-receiving a plus Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4358916)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com