Articles filed under NFL
Top pick Long, Bears agree to contract May 17, 2013 12:00 AM
The Bears and first-round draft pick Kyle Long agreed to terms on a four-year contract Friday night with an option for a fifth year. The Bears have now signed all six of their draft picks.
Spellman's Scorecard: Not best of times for Allstate Arena May 17, 2013 12:00 AM
It hasn't been the best of weeks for Allstate Arena general manager Pat Nagle. First, he discovers the new owner of the Chicago Rush has been accused of not paying the team's bills and thus, for the second time in recent years, the team is taken over by the league — once again leaving the future of the franchise in limbo. And then it's announced Thursday that another Allstate tenant, DePaul, will soon be playing its games in a new downtown arena.
Will Bears send Carimi packing? May 14, 2013 12:00 AM
Offensive lineman Gabe Carimi, the Bears' first-round draft pick in 2011, missed his second straight OTA (organized team activity) Tuesday, possibly jeopardizing his future with the team. Carimi continues to work out on his own in Arizona, while teammates learn a new offense under first-year coach Marc Trestman and offensive coordinator Aaron Kromer.
Bears’ Greene finds linebacker more to his liking May 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Fourth-round pick Khaseem Greene had a major impact on the Rutgers' defense when he was moved from safety to linebacker, especially with his ability to force fumbles, a skill that should help him fit in nicely in the Bears' defense.
Trestman impressed with QB Blanchard May 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Lake Zurich High School's Matt Blanchard is getting a long look in the off-season, and he hopes to impress the new coaching staff enough to hang on to the No. 3 quarterback job behind Jay Cutler and Josh McCown.
Wide receiver Wilson looks like good find for Bears May 11, 2013 12:00 AM
Marquess Wilson was a record-setting wide receiver at Washington State but fell to the seventh-round after quitting his team following a dispute with coach Mike Leach, but the tall, thin 20-year-old says he's just happy the Bears are giving him a second chance. "The way I looked at it, I was just happy I got drafted," Wilson said. "I was just happy that I got a second opportunity, another chance to play football again."
Bears’ top pick Long will do some long-distance learningMay 10, 2013 12:00 AM
After this weekend's rookie mincamp is over, first-round pick Kyle Long won't be able to practice with his Bears teammates until training camp begins in late July, but neither the team nor the Oregon offensive lineman are concerned that the separation will adversely affect his progress.
Bears get Bostic signed in time for rookie minicamp May 9, 2013 12:00 AM
With the signing of second-round linebacker Jonathan Bostic on Thursday, the Bears have already agreed to terms with five of their six draft picks on the eve of this weekend's rookie minicamp. Only first-round pick Kyle Long remains unsigned.
Bears agree to 4-year deal with LB Bostic May 9, 2013 12:00 AM
The Bears have agreed to a four-year contract with second-round draft pick Jon Bostic. A linebacker at Florida, Bostic started every game his final two years in the middle for the Gators and figures to compete with veteran free agent acquisition D.J. Williams for Brian Urlacher's old job.
Carrie Underwood to sing ‘Sunday Night Football’ theme May 7, 2013 12:00 AM
Carrie Underwood will take over the theme song for "Sunday Night Football." After Faith Hill announced last month that she would not perform the intro for a seventh season, NBC is sticking to the formula of a female country music star. The network said Tuesday that Underwood will sing a new version of "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night."
A Golden derby pick that makes ‘cents’May 3, 2013 12:00 AM
With the size of the melon that floats at the top of this column, you'd think that picking a horse named Orb in the Kentucky Derby would be a no-brainer for me. And you'd be right. Sort of.
2 more Bears draft picks agree to deals May 2, 2013 12:00 AM
Two morek rookies, linebacker Khaseem Greene and wide receiver Marquess Wilson, have agreed to four-year contracts with the Chicago Bears, team officials announced Thursday.
Tebow clears waivers, now a free agent Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Tim Tebow is free to sign with any NFL team that might want him. The popular but polarizing quarterback cleared waivers Tuesday, a day after being let go by the Jets following an embarrassingly unsuccessful year in New York.
Jaguars WR Blackmon suspended for substance abuse Apr 30, 2013 12:00 AM
Justin Blackmon's latest violation of the NFL's substance-abuse policy will cost him money — maybe lots of it. The league suspended Blackmon on Tuesday for the first four games of the 2013 season for his second violation in less than a year. He will not get paid for the four-week hiatus. Maybe more importantly, the suspension triggers language in his contract that voids future guarantees.
Tebow time in New York over after Jets cut QB Apr 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Tebow time is over in New York — before it ever got started. Tim Tebow was waived by the Jets on Monday, the end of an unsuccessful one-season experiment in New York. Chicago could be a possibility since new coach Marc Trestman worked with Tebow before the NFL draft in 2010 and in the Senior Bowl and liked what he saw.
Quick look Bears’ 2013 draft picksApr 28, 2013 12:00 AM
Wrapping up the Bears 2013 draft picks
Mills knows all about Bears-Packers rivalry Apr 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Jordan Mills, the Bears' fifth-round pick, has a cousin he's close to on the Packers, cornerback Tramon Williams. But the rookie offensive tackle said it won't end well for his relative if they run into each other on the field.
Could history repeat for Greene, Bears? Apr 27, 2013 12:00 AM
Bears fourth-round pick Khaseem Greene switched from safety to linebacker midway through his career at Rutgers and was named the Big East defenisve player of the year in both seasons at his new position. The last time the Bears drafted a player who had played safety in college but then converted to linebacker it turned out pretty well for them -- that was Brian Urlacher in 2000.
Bears love that Bostic can play all 3 LB spotsApr 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Bears general manager Phil Emery isn't predicting that second-round pick Jonathan Bostic will be a Day One starter. But Emery believes the 6-foot-1, 245-pound Florida linebacker has the versatility, athleticism and intelligence to step in as the starter at any of the three linebacker spots sooner rather than later.
Bears’ Kyle Long thrilled to be playing football Apr 26, 2013 12:00 AM
After being named a high school All-American in football and baseball, Bears first-round pick Kyle Long chose baseball because he wanted to be his own man, not Howie Long's kid. But Long figured out he couldn’t deny his heritage. But, as an offensive lineman, at least he doesn’t play the same position as his defensive end dad and older brother, Chris. He’s accepted the scrutiny that he shunned earlier.
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Police say Schaumburg cop under investigation
- COD paves new way to earn bachelor's degree
- State workers anxious as lawmakers debate pensions
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Don Mauer puts 'The 8-Hour Diet' to the test
- Man injured in suspected gang shooting in Elgin
- South Elgin High mourns student who died in his sleep
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Two charged in South Elgin heroin overdose death
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- Elgin man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault
- Hoffman Estates men accused of drug dealing
- After DUI, Huntley coach suspended for rest of season
- Apartment building catches fire in Palatine
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 57 position 8: Object required: 'selectSingleNode(...)'
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY - DELIVERY -Newspapers Early Mornings, Should have van or SUV. Palatine area. 847-571-3733 (id:4339735) JOB FAIR - AAA SALES JOB FAIR/ OPEN HOUSE! AAA is seeking sales professionals. We have opportunities available in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Northbrook, Orland Park, Wilmette and other offices in the Chicago area for: Insurance Sales Agents -Leisure Travel Agents Would you or someone you know be interested in these opportunities? We invite you to attend our: JOB FAIR/OPEN HOUSE Thursday, May 30 -5:00 -8:00pm AAA's Arlington Heights Branch -1840 S. Arlington Heights Road 847/364-4465 We seek candidates with sales experience and a demonstrated history of sales success. Interviews Conducted On-site! Bring Your Resume! If unable to attend, send your resume to Jobs@aaachicago.com Please reference Job Code: DHOH519; Fax: 630/236-7681. www.aaa.com/careers -EOE (id:4340052) BEVERAGE EQUIPMENT SERVICE SHOP - Beverage Equipment Service Shop needs labor help. Full or Part Time Abesco Inc. 2200 Stonington Ave. Suite 200 Hoffman Estates, IL. 847-884-9595 Apply in Person (id:4339414)
- POLICE OFFICER - POLICE OFFICER The Village of Mount Prospect Board of Police and Fire Commissioners will be conducting a Police Officer Examination. Preliminary application, requirements and testing information is available at: PublicSafetyRecruitment.com Call 1-800-343-HIRE with questions. APPLICATION AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION DUE BY NOON CDT, JULY 3, 2013 Mandatory orientation will be held on July 31, 2013 at 6:00 p.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Testing will be held on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. at Prospect High School, Mount Prospect, IL. Starting Salary $56,115 with full benefits package EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -M/F (id:4339311) HEALTH CARE - Life Experience Coordinator The Garlands of Barrington is seeking a creative and energetic leader to transition our Memory Care unit into a dynamic, activity and ability based model of service. This position will have direct involvement with families and other departments while developing individualized plans for each member. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing and implementing programs, as well as training and motivating others. A passion for dementia care is a MUST. A flexible work schedule to accommodate the needs of our members will include weekend and holiday rotation. Experience in a long term care environment as well as Supervisory experience preferred. Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423 (id:4340181) HEALTH CARE - The Garlands of Barrington is looking for special and caring individuals who want to make a difference in an older adult's life to join our team! We have opened our own homecare department, Garlands Homecare Solutions, and we are looking to fill the following positions: -C.N.A's Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Caregivers Part time -All shifts -1 year home health experience preferred -Live-In C.N.A. Full time 1 year home health experience preferred Apply today and experience The Garlands difference! We look forward to meeting you! Apply in person at The Garlands, 1000 Garlands Lane, Barrington IL 60010, email Sandy at Shlousek@thegarlands.com, fax to 847-756-3100 or call Sandy at 847-756-3423. (id:4340178)
- COMPUTER - Computer -Network Objects seeks Master's+0 or Bachelor's+5 or foreign equiv as System Administration (NOSA13): Lotus Script, VMWare, Sybase. Resumes: Resource Manager, 2300 Barrington Rd, Suite 400, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4337277) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse -Co in Lake Zurich seeks warehouse worker. Duties incl packing orders for shipment. 401K, health ins. ind. must speak & read English. Call Herb 847-438-4556 (id:4340099) RECEPTIONIST - Receptionist Glendale Hts Auto Dealer seeks part time Receptionist/ Cashier. Dealership exp. a plus. Multi-tasking and reliability a must. Responsibilities will include answering phones, cashiering and light filing. 20 -25 hours per week. Retail environment. Schedule will include some Saturday & holiday hours. Please email resume to Jan at firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4340098)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.
Powered by Local.com