Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Mundelein High School
Basketball mourns coaching losses, but their lessons will endure Feb 12, 2015 5:41 PM
Two college coaching giants died this week, Dean Smith and Jerry Tarkanian. Their influence on the game of basketball and other coaches is widespread. In that vein, Patricia Babcock McGraw polled boys coaches in the Daily Herald's Lake County coverage area about their biggest influences in coaching.
Mundelein students make Valentine’s cards for Spanish-speaking vets Feb 11, 2015 5:14 PM
Mundelein High School Spanish students cut out hearts and wrote sincere messages Wednesday for Valentine’s Day cards they’re sending to Spanish-speaking military veterans. The project offered a way for students to combine community service with vocabulary lessons.
Pro-actively, Calhoun is in at Mundelein Feb 10, 2015 10:07 PM
Larry Calhoun is not promising championships, nor Mike Singletary. “We’re in negotiations,” Calhoun joked after being introduced by the Mundelein District 120 board of education Tuesday night as Mundelein’s new football coach. For Calhoun, discovering a linebacker that has the piercing eyes or plays with the warrior mentality that Singletary did will probably suffice, for starters. Calhoun, 52, comes to Mundelein after serving as Elk Grove’s coach the last three years. His son, Cooper, is married to Singletary’s daughter Kristen. Cooper and Kristen have a young daughter, and that’s the reason Calhoun and his wife made the move to Illinois’ northwest suburbs from Texas three years ago.
Rappe, Carmel snap skid against Deerfield Feb 10, 2015 11:10 PM
Emma Rappe scored 19 points, and Carmel Catholic’s girls basketball team snapped a six-game losing streak with a 51-37 nonconference win over visiting Deerfield on Tuesday night.
Vernon Hills adds record season Feb 10, 2015 11:11 PM
Robby Nardini had 19 points (three 3-pointers) and 4 steals, and Bo Manso dished out 16 assists, as Vernon Hills’ boys basketball added to its school-record win total by cruising past visiting Chicagoland Jewish 87-23 in a nonconference game Tuesday night.
Mundelein’s Kehr comes through, wins parallel bars Feb 9, 2015 11:14 PM
McKenzie Kehr had a painful memory from a year ago, one that spoiled her chance at a spot in the state meet. The Mundelein senior wasn’t going to let history repeat in Monday night’s Mundelein girls gymnastics sectional. So, Kehr, as the final performer on the uneven parallel bars, chalked up the best routine of the meet, a 9.45 that qualified her to the state meet at Palatine on Feb. 20. “I really didn’t want a repeat of last year,” Kehr said. “I just gave it my all. I actually tore my fingernail off in the middle of it and kind of stopped. This time, I was luckier. I was just pumped up with the team and wanted to make it there (to state), with the team.” Kehr was the runner-up in the all-around at 37.325 in addition to taking second on vault (9.55) and fifth on beam (8.925). As a team, Mundelein will have to wait and see if it will quality to state with an at-large berth, as the Mustangs finished behind sectional champion Glenbrook South (142.625). Mundelein (141.325) was second and Carmel Catholic third (141.125).
Wrestling: Deerfield edges out short-handed Stevenson Feb 7, 2015 9:33 PM
Host Stevenson gave it the old college try, but unfortunately for the Patriots they fell just short of the mark Saturday at their own Class 3A wrestling regional. In the end, being without its full lineup proved to spell trouble for Stevenson as a very strong Deerfield squad held off a late comeback attempt by the Patriots to capture the regional championship, 184.5 to 177.5. Libertyville looked very good with a third-place score of 149.5 points; the Wildcats will be sending eight wrestlers to the individual sectional at Barrington next weekend.
Images: Competitive Cheerleading Finals Feb 7, 2015 8:01 PM
See images from Saturday's finals in Competitive Cheerleading at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington.
Images: Mundelein vs. Libertyville, boys basketball Feb 6, 2015 10:22 PM
The Mundelein Mustangs hosted the Libertyville Wildcats for boys basketball action on Friday, Feb. 6 in Mundelein.
Images: Competitive Cheerleading Prelims, Fox Valley and DuPage County Feb 6, 2015 10:23 PM
See images of DuPage County and Fox Valley schools from Friday’s prelims in Competitive Cheerleading at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington.
Images: Competitive Cheerleading Prelims, Northwest and Lake Co. Feb 6, 2015 10:47 PM
See images of Northwest Suburban and Lake County schools from Friday’s prelims in Competitive Cheerleading at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington.
Lake Zurich finishes what seniors started Feb 6, 2015 10:23 PM
It dates back to the days of the Junior Bears. That’s the last time, until now, that those five players got on the court at the same time. The fivesome in question are Theresa Baumann, Elly Daleske, Rachel Dawson, Megan Holbrook and Allison Trybula. And all those years later, those five seniors took the court on senior night in Lake Zurich. And give those seniors a hand as they held their own for one quarter with visiting Mundelein before Lake Zurich coach Chris Bennett began substituting with the rest of his roster. Daleske is a regular in the Bears’ starting group. However, she didn’t find the hoop until late in the first half. That didn’t stop her mojo on this night. Daleske had 8 of Lake Zurich’s 10 points in the third quarter. The Bears (12-13, 5-6) held serve on senior night with a 51-40 win over NSC Lake foe Mundelein.
Mansfield, Libertyville leg out a victory Feb 6, 2015 11:29 PM
The collision of knees, which caused Libertyville’s Jake Mansfield to wince and hobble off Mundelein’s basketball court, wasn’t funny. Never mind that the hit was to a “funny bone” area. “I was going for a loose ball and the top of the (Mundelein) kid’s knee hit the soft tissue of my knee — like the funny bone on your elbow,” Mansfield said. “It stings when that happens.” Mansfield took a seat at the end of the bench, and with Libertyville comfortably ahead early in the third quarter, there was no need for his return. Libertyville’s starters could have some fun cheering on their backups, as the Wildcats cruised to an 86-52 win in North Suburban Lake Division boys basketball action Friday night.
Warren’s Falish gets it right for senior year — and beyond Feb 5, 2015 4:25 PM
Warren guard Jake Falish was tortured last year when he decided not to play basketball so that he could spend more time working on baseball. He regretted his decision right away and struggled to watch his teammates play on without him last winter. He returned to the hardwood this season with modest expectations and instead has blown the roof off at Warren. He's the team's leading scorer (20 ppg) and is one of the top 3-point shooters in the area. Oh yeah, and he's going to play sports (yes, plural) in college, where he won't be forced to choose between baseball and basketball.
Wrestling: Scouting regionals, Lake County Feb 5, 2015 4:37 PM
Here's a look toward this weekend's wrestling regional meets, from the perspective of teams in the North Suburban Conference plus Grayslake North, Grayslake Central and Carmel.
Shanahan, Mundelein claim regional championship Feb 3, 2015 10:58 PM
Taylor Shanahan is finding out that being on Mundelein’s girls gymnastics team was a good move to make in her sophomore year after spending the previous year as a Mustangs cheerleader. She still gets to cheer a bit — for her team, as it’s been concentrating on taking a successful next step in the state series. For the second straight year, Mundelein is a regional champion. The Mustangs scored 142.275 to edge Warren (121.1) i nthe regional hosted by Mundelein on Tuesday. Niles West finished at 134.2 and Evanston 124.6.
Carlson, Wauconda handle Grant Feb 3, 2015 11:11 PM
Ben Carlson collected 14 points, 11 rebounds and 3 blocked shots, and Wauconda’s boys basketball team defeated host Grant 52-42 in North Suburban Prairie Division action Tuesday night. Ricky Sidlowski added 13 points and 6 rebounds for the Bulldogs (12-9, 6-3), who won their third game in a row. Danny Stanley scored a season-high 9 points. Grant (2-20, 1-8) received a game-high 18 points from Jacob Hanlin. Lake Forest Academy 82, Carmel 80: The Corsairs dropped the nonconference game, despite 22 points apiece from C.J. Duff and Shareif Bailey. Carmel (11-13) also got 21 points from Brian Julien and 13 from Nathaniel Reid. Prairie Ridge 49, Grayslake North 48: Payton Otto beat the buzzer with a jumper, as the host Wolves delivered the Knights a heartbreaking loss in Fox Valley Fox action. Grayslake North fell to 11-8 and 5-3. Lakes 58, North Chicago 42: Benett Haviland and Colton Jewell each scored 12 points for the host Eagles in the North Suburban Prairie contest. Ethan Sage added 10 points for Lakes (12-10, 7-1), which won its third in a row and seventh in eight games.
Images: Competitive Dance Finals Jan 31, 2015 5:36 PM
See images from Saturday's finals in Competitive Dance at U.S. Cellular Coliseum in Bloomington.
Mundelein measures up at Conant’s invitational Jan 31, 2015 6:25 PM
Mundelein took top honors in Saturday’s Conant Cougar Classic, a boys swimming invitational featuring flighted A, B and C heats in each event. Maine South placed second, followed by the hosts Cougars, Jacobs/Hampshire, Downers Grove North and Huntley. Mundelein winners in individual A heats included Duncan Black in the 50-meter free (25.79) and Will Garcia in the 400 free (4:30.80). The Mustangs also had the fastest 200 medley relay.
Images: IHSA Cheer Sectional- Rolling Meadows Jan 31, 2015 9:24 PM
Schools from throughout Cook and Lake counties competed in Saturday's IHSA Cheer Sectional in Rolling Meadows.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 111 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- 1 dead in apartment building fire in Rolling Meadows
- West Chicago cop killer dies in prison
- The DuPage County Boys Basketball All-Area Team
- Construction work tripped alarm at Hoffman Estates hospital
- Dineen out as Stevenson girls basketball coach
- Boys basketball: Northwest all-area team
- Rolling Meadows fire victim died from injuries in fall
- Stabbing victim testifies to drinking, not recalling much
- Park Ridge mayor remembered as taxpayer advocate
- Images: Daily Herald All-Area Team Captains, Basketball
- Spot check show rampant texting, driving in suburbs
- Griffin: Rauner plan could cost suburbs 25% of reserves
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- Error means bigger tax bill for some in Kane County
- Regional schools chief vows to fill Dist. 15 vacancy
- Constable: Runner shirtless every winter day
- Marshall trade means one less distraction for Bears
- Marshall trade not likely to help Bears much
- Rolling Meadows fire victim died from injuries in fall
- You could win DeLorean if Cubs win World Series
- MAINTENANCE - MAINTENANCE PERSON 80 Unit Apt Complex, Geneva, IL. Exp. required. Douglas Realty & Management, Ltd. Please email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399606) ENGINEERING - Engineer: FERMI RESEARCH ALLIANCE, LLC seeks Mechanical-Cryogenics Engr. II in Batavia, IL. Dvlp. power leads at cryogenic temps. Design, test & optimize current leads for cryostats. Req. Master's & 3 yrs. work exp., OR PhD & no work exp. Must have 3 yrs. exp. or acad. rsrch. involving: 1. low temp. instrumentation, electrical eng'g & indust. electronics, fundamen-tals of machine eng'g, & math. modeling of processes in cryogenics & refrigeration systs.; & 2. CAD. Also req. coursework or exp. in Cryogenic Eng'g; Thermodynamics & Fluid Dynamics; Heat/Mass Trnsfr.; Strength of Solid Materials; Superconductivity; mathematical software; & FEA syst. Send resume: Amanda Thompson, Fermilab, P.O. Box 500, Batavia, IL 60510. Ref: Mech.-Cryogenics Engr. II. (id:4399449) SECURITY - Security for govt bldg. 5pm-10pm Mon-Thurs Resume to Wheeling Township, Jo Stellato, 1616 N Arlington Heights Rd, Arl Hts, IL 60004. (id:4399916)
- WAREHOUSE - Warehouse General Labor $8.75/hr 1st and 2nd Shifts $9.00/hr 3rd Shift Chicago food manufacturer. 6 months experience, ability to lift up to 50 lbs, Spanish fluent & comfort working in a HOT environment are required. ALL Shifts! 773-205-1555 (id:4399613) QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160) RF ENGINEER III - Engineering -RF Engineer III, Sprint Corporation, Schaum-burg, IL. Radio frequency and/ or wireless transmission design. Apply at www.sprint.com/careers, Req# 166323BR. Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates regardless of previous criminal history. EOE Minorities/ Females/Protected Veterans/ Disabled. (id:4399274)
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Small, independent Preschool in Rolling Meadows, IL offering full and part day programs, looking for a full time 3-4 yr. old teacher. Must be teacher qualified. Familiar with all State and NAEYC accreditation standards. Full time year around position. Top salary and benefits based on qualifications. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or email@example.com (id:4400186) PAYROLL COORDINATOR - PAYROLL COORDINATOR West Chicago Elementary School District 33 is accepting on line applications for the position of Payroll Coordinator. Minimum 2 years experience preferred. Salary range: $38-42,000, starting date ASAP. Please apply on line at www.wego33.org and send co-ver letter and resume to: Department of Business and Operations West Chicago School District 33 312 E. Forest Ave. West Chicago, IL 60185 (id:4400143) EQUIPTMENT TECHNICIAN - Equipment Technician Full Time w/full Benefits Bartlett Park District Visit bartlettparks.org. (id:4399557)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.