Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Mitt Romney
Romney attends Pacquiao-Marquez fight Dec 8, 2012 10:17 PM
Defeated presidential candidate Mitt Romney was a guest ringside Saturday night at the fourth fight between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez.
White House: Obama to meet Romney Thursday Nov 28, 2012 9:49 AM
The White House says President Barack Obama will meet privately Thursday with his vanquished rival Mitt Romney, their first face-to-face encounter since the election.
Women overrule moody male voters Nov 24, 2012 8:17 PM
For the first time in research dating to 1952, a presidential candidate whom men chose decisively — Republican Mitt Romney — lost. More women voted for the other guy.
Editorial: Letís move to post-election bipartisanship Nov 7, 2012 11:41 AM
Now that Election Day is over, it is time for a new spirit of bipartisan collaboration -- in Washington and in Springfield, a Daily Herald editorial says.
Re-elected, Obama heads back to divided government Nov 7, 2012 9:24 PM
One day after a bruising, mixed-verdict election, President Barack Obama and Republican House Speaker John Boehner both pledged Wednesday to seek a compromise to avert looming spending cuts and tax increases that threaten to plunge the economy back into recession. Added Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. "Of course" an agreement is possible.
How Obama victory could affect areas of US economy Nov 7, 2012 1:54 PM
America's decision to re-elect President Barack Obama over Mitt Romney will affect important elements of the U.S. economy and financial system — from the health care law to the overhaul of financial rules.
Obama, Romney conclude Election Eve campaigning Nov 6, 2012 1:55 AM
President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney made last-minute pleas for votes Monday, employing their last vestiges of energy, celebrity boosters and plenty of jet fuel to encourage every supporter and the few remaining undecideds to tip the 2012 election in their favor.
Voters in NY, NJ not deterred by stormís effects Nov 6, 2012 9:01 AM
Election Day turnout was heavy Tuesday in several storm-ravaged areas in New York and New Jersey, with many voters expressing relief and even elation at being able to vote at all, considering the devastation.
Last-minute stops as Romney ends White House quest Nov 6, 2012 10:12 AM
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's years-long quest for the presidency is ending with a last-minute round of campaigning in one state he's showered with attention and another he's largely ignored. After he cast his vote near his Boston-area home, Romney was visiting Cleveland and Pittsburgh on Tuesday, betting an eleventh-hour appeal to working-class voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania will help him defeat President Barack Obama.
After grinding campaign, now itís up to voters Nov 6, 2012 10:57 AM
Two fierce competitors who've given their all, President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney now yield center stage to voters Tuesday for an Election Day choice that will frame the contours of government and the nation for years to come. After a grinding presidential campaign that packed suspense to the finish, Americans head into polling places in sleepy hollows, bustling cities and superstorm-ravaged beach towns deeply divided.
A look at the most competitive states in the race Nov 4, 2012 8:15 PM
A look at the race between President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney for the 270 electoral votes needed to win the White House. With two days left in the campaign, Obama appears closer to the goal, but Republican Mitt Romney has closed on the Democrat and pulled narrowly ahead in some battleground state polling.
Judge orders Florida county to extend early voting Nov 4, 2012 8:00 PM
A judge extended early voting hours in one Florida county Sunday after Democrats sued to allow more time in a presidential battleground state where more than 4 million ballots have already been cast.
Rivals stress differences and bipartisanship hopes Nov 4, 2012 9:13 PM
Two days from judgment by the voters, President Barack Obama raced through four far-flung battleground states on Sunday while Mitt Romney ventured into traditionally Democratic Pennsylvania, seeking a breakthrough in a close race he mused aloud he might lose.
Hours to go, so many promises to keep Nov 4, 2012 4:28 PM
Mitt Romney has a ton of promises to keep if he becomes president, and thatís on his first day alone, never mind the other 1,460 days. Barack Obama was similarly brimming with will-doís in his first presidential campaign, racking them up by the hundreds, big and small.
Obama and Romney: Where they stand on the issues Nov 4, 2012 9:35 PM
As President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney bring their campaigns down the homestretch, here's a detailed summary of where they stand, and where they differ, on the major issues, from the economy, the debt, foreign policy and a variety of social issues.
Romney, Obama each get something in jobs report Nov 2, 2012 8:18 AM
President Barack Obama and Republican rival Mitt Romney each got something Friday out of the final snapshot of the nation's economy heading into Election Day, with more job creation and an uptick in unemployment. That data fresh in hand, both candidates were plunging into a hectic pace of campaigning.
Presidential politics reignites in Sandyís wake Nov 1, 2012 1:54 PM
Presidential politics reignited in the wake of natural disaster Thursday, with the candidates beginning their full-throttle closing arguments with new vigor on the same pocketbook concerns that have dominated the campaign from the start.
Romney collects supplies in Ohio for storm victims Oct 30, 2012 1:44 PM
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney collected relief supplies in Ohio on Tuesday in an attempt to strike the right tone after superstorm Sandy.
Romney China-made Jeep comments become Ohio campaign issue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 PM
Mitt Romney’s focus on Chrysler Group LLC’s desire to build some Jeeps in China has spawned a TV ad battle in Ohio, where the Republican presidential candidate and President Barack Obama are trying to attract car-minded voters with a week to go until Election Day.
Nasty campaign tactics: Phony voting instructions Oct 31, 2012 9:37 AM
With a week to go until Election Day, the nasty campaign tactics are coming out. People in Florida, Virginia and Indiana have gotten calls falsely telling them they can vote early by phone and don't need to go to a polling place. In suburban Broward County, Fla., a handful of elderly voters who requested absentee ballots say they were visited by unknown people claiming to be authorized to collect the ballots.
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- No more excuses
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Teacher uses N-word in Carol Stream classroom
- Early voting, mail voting setting new Cook County records
- 10 ideas -- from tame to terrifying -- for Halloween
- Gire: 'Nightcrawler' sheds dim light on crime news
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- How bad will our winter be? A caterpillar can tell you.
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) CUSTOMER SERVICE / INSIDE SALES - C.S/Inside Sales Mgr-NW Chicago Sub. Growing Fastener Co needs exper. Mgr with good PC and phone skills. Email Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389208)
- COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) KITCHEN HELP - Maintenance Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660)
- JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) DELIVERY DRIVER / WAREHOUSE WORKER - Delivery Driver/Warehouse Worker -Arlington Hts, IL Duties: assembling equipment, delivery, pick-up and installation of office equipment to clients locally. Requirements: high school diploma and a valid driver's license. Good work ethic, clean driving record, mechanical aptitude, clean working conditions, ability to lift 75 lbs. Apply to email@example.com Toshiba Business Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer "M/F/D/V -EOE" (id:4389341) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.