Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Mike North
Mike North Video: Losing Peppers is Bears gainMar 17, 2014 12:00 AM
As the Green Bay Packers acquire Julius Peppers from the Chicago Bears, Mike North isn’t too worried since his better days are behind him especially at $17 million a year.
For Bears and McCown, it’s a lose-lose dealMar 14, 2014 12:00 AM
As Josh McCown leaves to go to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Mike North thinks it’s a lose-lose for the Bucs and the Chicago Bears because Josh won’t have the success there he had here, and the Bears lost a solid backup QB.
Mike North video: Jeter, Woods and ManningMar 13, 2014 12:00 AM
The media loves to pound a topic and Mike North thinks by the end of the year, we will be tired of three stories- Derek Jeter's retirement, Tiger Woods' injuries, and Peyton Manning being the greatest quarterback of all time.
Mike North video: Jackson should pass on Knicks jobMar 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Phil Jackson would give the New York Knicks some much needed credibility, but Mike North thinks he should pass on the job because his strength is coaching superstars, not rebuilding a franchise.
Overpaid Boozer adds a lot of value to the BullsMar 11, 2014 12:00 AM
Carlos Boozer might seem overpaid at $15 million a year, but Mike North still sees his presence as invaluable to the Chicago Bulls and is satisfied with what Boozer does bring to the table.
Mike North video: Bulls can get past PacersMar 10, 2014 12:00 AM
The Chicago Bulls seem to be playing better basketball without the injured Derrick Rose and the recently traded Luol Deng, and Mike North sees them easily getting past the Indians Pacers and maybe even the Miami Heat.
Bears let Hester go, but what about Tillman?Mar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
With Chicago Bears kickoff return specialist Devin Hester gone, will the Bears be able to sign star cornerback Charles Tillman? Mike North sure hopes so.
Mike North video: Thibs best Bulls coach everMar 5, 2014 12:00 AM
The way the Tom Thibodeau-led Chicago Bulls are playing right now, Mike North believes they could beat the Indiana Pacers and take a run at the Miami Heat in the playoffs.
Injuries have reduced D-Rose’s role to a bobblehead promotionMar 4, 2014 12:00 AM
As I was watching the Bulls game the other night, announcer Neil Funk read a spot for Derrick Rose bobblehead night — scheduled on March 24. The promotional night was brought up on Twitter, with some good-natured joking and ribbing — including tweets like, “Will Rose be wearing a Team USA jersey?” Or, “Will the bobblehead be in street clothes?”
Mike North video: Pound for pound Iverson one of the greatest athletesMar 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Former Philadelphia 76’er Allan Iverson had his number retired this past weekend and even though he has had plenty of issues, he is beloved by the city of Philadelphia. Mike North considers him pound for pound one of the greatest athletes of all time.
Sox fans hoping Abreu is worth his contractFeb 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Expectations are high for the first baseman Jose Abreu of the Chicago White Sox, and Mike North hopes Abreu proves he is deserving of his $68 million contract.
Mike North Video: Ready for Cubs/Sox baseball?Feb 27, 2014 12:00 AM
As baseball and spring hopefully approach, are you encouraged by the White Sox with Tyler Flowers, Jose Abreu and the thought of Robin Ventura or the Cubs with Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo?
Mike North Video: Heat like Bulls of the 90sFeb 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Look for the Miami Heat to 3-peat because their toughest competitor is the Indiana Pacers. The Pacers remind Mike North of the New York Knicks when they played the Bulls in the 90s — never able to get past them.
Odds not looking favorable for McCown’s returnFeb 25, 2014 12:00 AM
After a good year as a backup quarterback for the Chicago Bears, it looks like there is plenty of interest by other NFL teams in Josh McCown, including Tampa Bay’s new coach, Lovie Smith. Mike North shares his thoughts in today's column.
Mike North video: Daytona delay ends in victory for EarnhardtFeb 24, 2014 12:00 AM
The Daytona 500 , won by Dale Earnhardt Jr., should have been called off till Monday because of the 6 hour rain delay so fans and TV viewers could have seen the end of the race.
With Bulls playing hard, Thibs deserves more accoladesFeb 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Chicago Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau deserves some NBA Coach of the Year votes for what he has done with his team, and Mike North believes they might earn a first-round home series in the playoffs.
Mike North Video: Trade Cutler for No. 1 draft pick of Johnny ManzielFeb 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Texas A&M’s former QB Johnny Manziel is speaking out about being a No. 1 pick in the draft. Mike North says the Bears should trade Cutler for that pick and use it to snag this confident QB.
Mike North Video: Dempster says family before $13MFeb 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Former Chicago Cub Ryan Dempster turned down $13 million dollars to play this season with the Boston Red Sox because he wants to spend more time with his family. Here’s one athlete who actually means it.
Chicago sports better than you thinkFeb 18, 2014 12:00 AM
While Chicago sports fans have the right to moan about their pro teams, Mike North says that when he listens to callers from across the country lament their teams, the situation in Chicago doesn’t look quite as bad.
Mike North Video: NBA all-star game didn’t disappointFeb 17, 2014 12:00 AM
With a combined total of more than 300 points scored, the NBA all-star game was entertaining, and the Cleveland Cavalier's Kyrie Irving just might give ex- Cav LeBron James something to think about.
- Estate owners, Cook forest preserve in tug of war over land
- Gacy case helps solve unrelated death
- Sage, Kramer quickly become best buds at Lakes
- Bicycle-van collision kills Roselle man, 47
- Bulls fall in OT to Wizards, trail 2-0 in series
- Schaumburg getting new Starbucks, first Which Wich
- Police: Drunken Naperville man slapped female bartender
- Softball: Tuesday's results
- Charlestowne Mall owners want $20M in incentives
- Elk Grove names Guth girls basketball head coach
- 2 customers injured when car plows into coffeeshop
- Dive teams remove car from Fox River in Elgin
- Bicycle-van collision kills Roselle man, 47
- How suburbanites can make good recycling even better
- Geneva dam drowning victim identified
- Motorola Mobility bids final adieu to longtime Libertyville home
- Charlestowne Mall owners want $20M in incentives
- Aurora teen mother, baby found safe
- Schaumburg budgeting for new village jobs
- Wauconda police officers cleared in fatal shooting
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS - Immediate Technician Openings $ 7 0 0 to $ 1 2 0 0 per WEEK Guarantee As Merlin's largest franchise operator, we are seeking SIX experienced automotive technicians for several of our suburban and regional market shops. MAY CONSIDER one high aptitude, energetic, and serious trainee. FULL BENEFITS including house purchase assistance, tool reimbursement, and 2-3 weeks of vacation per year. Aggressive production incentive plan (20-22%) and excellent paid training/career advancement opportunities. Do not get lost in a big corporation where you are just a number, or get held back in a small "ma and pa" operation. Personal interviews are available at our office in St. Charles, most Mondays, 10 am -12 pm, & Thursdays, 2 pm -4 pm. Call (630)-513-8200 to schedule, OR send a brief e-mail to KDegler@Merlins.com describing your skills, employment background, and goals. (id:4371190) WAREHOUSE/DISTRIBUTION - Warehouse/ Distribution Staff Force JOB FAIR Tuesday, April 22 2pm-7pm 1111 Plaza Drive, Suite 102 Schaumburg, IL 847-995-9155 Forklift Operators To $14/hr Pickers/ Packers To $10/hr General Laborers To $10/hr Unloaders $9/hr ALL Shifts Available (id:4371311) SAP TECHNO - FUNCTIONAL ANALYST - SAP Techno - Functional Analyst United Stationers Management Services is seeking a SAP Techno -Functional Analyst in Deerfield, IL with the following requirements: BS in IT, Comp. Sci., MIS, Accounting or Finance plus 5 years related experience including: performing Enterprise Resource Planning with SAP System in Business Operations and Enterprise Technology; configuring SAP MM/ FI/FSCM and SD modules; developing and configuring SAP VISTEX modules; performing ABAP/4 programming such as Interfaces (Flat file/EDI/IDocs), User-exits, Classical and Interactive ALV reporting, Conversions (BDC /LSMW), Data Dictionary objects, Dialog/Module pool, SAP Scripts, Smart forms, Function Modules, BAPI, BADI, Performance Tuning and data and file Archiving. Please apply online at www.unitedstationers.com/Careers and search for Job Number: 14-0777 (id:4370894)
- HOUSEKEEPING - HOUSEKEEPERS WANTED-JOB FAIR TUESDAY APRIL 15th 10am -12pm and 2pm -4pm 2300 Warrenville Road -Downers Grove M-F-Day and Evening Shifts (id:4370334) MERCHANDISER - Hiring P-T Merchandisers and Team Leads Shifts available: M-Th 6am-2:30pm and Sun-Wed 9:30pm-6am. Apply at www.fprs.com (id:4368898) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. 815-609-1852 M-F 9:00a -12:00 noon (id:4371463)
- CNA'S - C.N.A.'s 2nd & 3rd shift F/T Must be certified. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St, Des Plaines, IL phone 847-635-4000 fax 847-827-5796 (id:4371321) VETERINARY TECHNICIAN - Veterinary Technician Full time CVT or exp'd. tech (2nd & 3rd shift) for busy 24-hr Emergency animal hospital. Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package. Apply: Golf Rose Animal Hospital, 1375 N. Roselle Rd, Schaumburg. Fax:847-885-8352 firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4371511) BOOKKEEPER WANTED - Bookkeeper Wanted!! Position within insurance related business. Must be proficient with Quickbooks. email: email@example.com (id:4369428)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.