Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Marmion Academy
Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs Oct 29, 2014 8:58 PM
Whether you’re the 256th — and last team — to qualify for postseason play (Aurora Christian) or the defending Class 6A state champions (Batavia), it really doesn’t matter any longer. What matters most is that your team is still playing.
Batavia draws marquee matchup in opening round Oct 25, 2014 10:27 PM
Football coaches say to be the best you’ve got to beat the best. Batavia gets its chance.
St. Charles East runs away with title Oct 25, 2014 7:17 PM
St. Charles East put four runners in the top 10 to win the Class 3A Glenbard North regional going away Saturday morning in Glendale Heights. Mark Sciurba (second, 14:55), Jack Rzpecki (sixth, 15:26), Will Muckian (eighth, 15:32) and Mike Gerkin (ninth, 15:41) all placed top 10 while senior Mike Skora wasn’t far behind in 15th in 15:49.
Montini picks off Marmion Oct 25, 2014 12:40 AM
Two interceptions, one in the end zone to deny an opponent just before halftime, can make a young man feel pretty good. “It felt like I was on top of the world,” Montini sophomore cornerback Mitch West said.
Live video: Marmion vs. Montini Oct 24, 2014 9:35 AM
Marmion vs. Montini football
Scouting Tri-Cities Week 9 football games Oct 23, 2014 10:17 PM
Week 9 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
St. Charles East finishes 11th at state Oct 18, 2014 8:40 PM
St. Charles East fared much better on the second day of the Class 3A boys state golf tournament in Bloomington on Saturday.
Marmion throttles Aurora Christian Oct 18, 2014 3:06 PM
Marmion Academy quarterback Rusty Joyce threw just one pass Friday night, a 40-yard bomb that fell incomplete. Yet the senior signal caller walked off the field at Aurora Christian sporting one of the widest smiles of any Cadet player after Marmion Academy’s crosstown clash with the Eagles.
Previewing Week 8 Tri-Cities area football games Oct 16, 2014 9:21 PM
Week 8 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
Football: Week 7 MVPs Oct 15, 2014 11:36 PM
St. Francis senior quarterback Clint Bobowski and Hersey senior defensive back Cole Monckton have earned Daily Herald MVP honors for their performances in Week 7 of the high school football season.
Marmion gets back on track Oct 11, 2014 12:17 AM
A humbling 49-13 defeat to Fenwick on Marmion’s homecoming Oct. 3 left the Cadets facing the brink of elimination from state football playoff contention heading into their home finale with De La Salle on Friday. In a despondent locker room after the Fenwick loss, Marmion’s coaching staff asked its players how they would react to having their proverbial backs to the wall. The Cadets’ response against De La Salle had their coaches smiling all night.
Images: Marmion vs. De La Salle football Oct 10, 2014 10:09 PM
Marmion hosted and won 49-7 over De La Salle for football action on Friday, Oct. 10 in Aurora.
St. Charles North volleyball making difference off the court Oct 10, 2014 10:04 AM
St. Charles North volleyball player Taryn Dal Degan said her family rings the bell for the Salvation Army during the holiday season. They make sandwiches for Lazarus House to distribute to people who are hungry. The senior setter said one of the quotes they like at her National Honor Society meetings is: the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
Scouting Tri-Cities Week 7 games Oct 9, 2014 8:26 PM
Week 7 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
Batavia wins first regional since 1982 Oct 7, 2014 8:27 PM
Tim DeBruycker had to revise his thoughts as the Class 3A Oswego boys golf regional progressed Tuesday afternoon in Bristol.
Team effort lifts Naperville Central Oct 4, 2014 9:37 PM
Naperville Central relied on a true team effort Saturday to win the St. Charles North Invitational at Leroy Oakes in St. Charles. The Redhawks didn't have anyone run in the lead pack and it took awhile before the first Naperville Central runner ran into the chute. But once Geoffrey McCullough came in, taking ninth in 15:35, his teammates followed close behind. That pack running proved the difference for Naperville Central (97 points) finishing ahead of Prairie Ridge (134), Batavia (151), Marmion (156) and Sandburg (171).
Coaching their sons creates unique memories for Fedderly, Piron and Thorpe Oct 3, 2014 2:22 PM
Batavia head football coach Dennis Piron and his staff did their job. That was the fun part. “Now I’ve got to do some damage control,” Piron said after Batavia’s 21-7 win over a tough St. Charles North team.
Live video: Marmion vs. Fenwick Oct 3, 2014 7:59 AM
Marmion vs. Fenwick football
Fenwick throttles Marmion Oct 3, 2014 11:36 PM
Marmion’s transition to the Chicago Catholic League hit another bump Friday as a strong first quarter against visiting Fenwick didn’t last in what became a 49-13 loss. Marmion (4-2, 1-1 in the Chicago Catholic League Green Division) used a pair of Connor Hoeft field goals to lead 6-0 after the first quarter. The rest of the night belonged to Fenwick (4-2, 2-0), who outscored Marmion 21-0 in the second quarter to lead 21-6 at halftime, then for good measure won the second half 28-7.
Scouting Week 6 Tri-Cities football Oct 2, 2014 7:48 PM
Week 6 high school football previews for the Tri-Cities coverage area
- Asteroid is coming -- and you can see it
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pradel praises 'teamwork' during 20 years leading Naperville
- Lawsuit filed in fatal Highland Park hospital shooting
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Counselors: Heroin treatment requires work, support
- Space heater blamed for Mount Prospect fire
- $1 million bail for Streamwood man in sex assault case
- Meet Naperville North's next principal
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Neighbors mourn woman killed in Barrington-area fire
- Rozner: Thank you, Mr. Cub, for giving your all
- Billy Williams: This is a time to celebrate Ernie Banks
- Rivalry adds memorable game
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- Girls basketball scoreboard: Saturday's results
- 63-year-old Grayslake woman drops 170 pounds
- Man shot while walking along Elgin street
- Society of respect begins with equal rights
- Just now concerned about middle class?
- Only 1 true patriot can save America
- Round Lake chaplain lauded for ministering to police
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- $270 million Mega Millions ticket sold in Glendale Heights
- Woodfield Mall reveals new look -- no more brick
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- Teen drug treatment addresses motivation, relationships
- LANDSCAPE LABOR - Landscape Laborer (temp 4/1-11/30/15) 10 openings w/ Paul Fritz Landscape Con-tractors, St. Charles, IL Emplr provides trans from office to/from jobs in Kane & DuPage co's to lay sod/seed; grade; mow, trim, plant, water; fertilize, dig, rake, prune; pull/chop weeds; install segmental units; use tools;lift/ carry up to 50lbs; sprvsd work; no exp/educ; 40hpw; 7:30a-5:30p M-F; Sat work;$12.72/ hr; $19.08/OT; raise/bonus; arranged shared rental housing. Fax resume to 8474640403 (id:4396491) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4395929) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - Palatine School District 15 will be having an Open House Thursday, January 22, 2015 from 5pm -7pm. The Open House will be held at our Transportation Building 1100 N. Smith Street Palatine, IL 60067 We are looking for full-time/ part-time school bus drivers. A current Class B CDL is preferred but not necessary to apply. Please visit CCSD15.net to complete our on-line application. (EOE) (id:4396415)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396639) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: email@example.com (id:4396257) DRIVER - A Class CDL driver -immed-iate position open -Glenview area. Hrly pay with benefits. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396382)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) INSURANCE - Get Under the Umbrella Travelers is one of the nation's leading insurance service organizations, and we're hiring those who can excel in our fast-paced work environment. NOW HIRING in Lake County: Outside Property Claim Reps w/Experience APPLY TODAY at www.travelers.com/careers Job ID# 815632 Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. (id:4396528) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4396556)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.