Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Marengo
ComEd and Openlands Offer Municipalities Cash Grants for Green Projects Jan 16, 2014 12:00 AM
Local municipalities are eligible to receive Green Region grants for their efforts to conserve open spaces.
Palatine Author Pauline Gruber Publishes First Young Adult NovelJan 15, 2014 12:00 AM
The Girl and the Raven, a young adult paranormal romance, was published in December, 2013 and is available at Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble.
Anat Cohen to headline NIU's Feb. 1 Clarinet CornucopiaJan 15, 2014 12:00 AM
World-renowned jazz clarinetist Anat Cohen is scheduled to perform at NIU's Boutel Concert Hall at 1:15 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1
The Lakeside Legacy Foundation Presents Gary Vincent, Singer/Songwriter, and Friends with Morgan FreemanJan 15, 2014 12:00 AM
On Friday, January 31st at 8:00pm, Gary Vincent will be performing in ‘the Listening Room’ at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake, IL. Gary Vincent is an original artist who writes and performs his own songs. Vincent has partnered with friend and movie star, Morgan Freeman on the television music series called “Down to the Crossroads”. Freeman’s voice will be incorporated into Vincent’s performance in ‘the Listening Room’ at the end of January. You do not want to miss this unique performance. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. To reserve your tickets today, visit www.LakesideLegacy.org or call 815-455-8000. “The 2014 schedule of performers for ‘the Listening Room’ includes many notable entertainers, and Gary Vincent is just one of them,” remarked Siobhan Cottone, Lakeside’s Executive Director. “This year we will expand our offerings and bring national caliber performs to Crystal Lake.”
Martin Luther King Jr. Day events in and around the Fox Valley aim to inspire Jan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
A great leader deserves to be honored and remembered. Here’s where you can find Martin Luther King Jr. events in and around the Fox Valley.
“Investigate Your World” Event & Book Signing Jan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
CSI fans and Book lovers unite! Both will enjoy coming out for this fun event -- January 25! "Investigate Your World" combines a book signing with some great resources in "Crime Scene" field! Here is your chance to meet a Private Investigator, Police Officer, and others with a Criminal Investigative background, and check out the latest book by Len Bailey, "Sherlock Holmes and the Needle's Eye." A Book Above, in Elmhurst, will also have on-hand, well over 100 titles related to investigative work, mysteries, and career books, for those considering CSI related jobs.
HUD Awards $69,000 To Lake County Housing Authority To Promote Family Self SufficiencyJan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today awarded a grant of $69,000 to Lake County Housing Authority to help public housing residents to gain access to education, job training and employment.
Sculpture/Guy J. Bellaver Wins Sculpture Competition From Washington & Jefferson CollegeJan 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Sculpture/Guy J. Bellaver is pleased to announce that Mr. Bellaver has won a public art competition at Washington & Jefferson College. The college is commissioning this sculpture to celebrate the myriad changes that occurred at W&J during the 1970 academic year.
Midwest Sports Academy offering free Martin Luther King Basketball ClinicJan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Sixth- through eighth-grade boys and girls are invited to sharpen their skills at Midwest Sports Academy’s Martin Luther King Keep the Dream Alive Basketball Clinic. The free event takes place from 9 a.m. to noon at The Einstein Academy in Elgin.
Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital physicians Recognized by Chicago MagazineJan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Seven physicians from Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital were recognized among Chicago’s 2014 ‘Top Doctors’ in the January issue of Chicago Magazine.
Kids can make New Year’s resolutions tooJan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
The New Year offers us an opportunity to start anew, to make resolutions and commitments that we know can help improve the quality of our lives.
Illinois athletes chasing Olympic dreamsJan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Illinois athletes chasing Olympic dreams
Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale?Jan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Comedian, Story Teller - Kelly Swanson Brings Humor, Laughter and Hope. “Who Hijacked My Fairy Tale? Home of the Sparrow is hosting a comical ladies luncheon to bring awareness to the community of the services that we offer homeless women and children in Northern, Illinois
Illinois taekwondo athletes chasing Olympic dreamsJan 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Illinois taekwondo athletes compete at the Olympic Training Center
"Molten" - A Nationally Juried Glass & Metals ShowJan 11, 2014 12:00 AM
“Molten” will run Jan. 11 through Feb. 15. 2014 in the Kavanagh Gallery on the Fine Line campus, and will feature wearable, decorative and functional creations formed of glass and/or metals.
Lakeside Legacy Arts welcomes John Samorian Quartet Jan. 25Jan 10, 2014 12:00 AM
On Saturday, January 25th at 8:00pm, the John Samorian Quartet will be performing in ‘the Listening Room’ at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake, IL. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. To reserve your tickets today, visit www.LakesideLegacy.org or call 815-455-8000. “We are bringing Broadway to Crystal Lake,” exclaimed Siobhan Cottone, Lakeside’s Executive Director! “Samorian and Shriver are known for their work with the Book of Mormon, Jersey Boys and the revival of A Chorus Line. Plus Samorian has performed with “Blood Sweat and Tears. This concert will not disappoint,” said Cottone.
Violinist Rachel Barton Pine to perform Feb. 16 in Crystal LakeJan 10, 2014 12:00 AM
On Sunday, February 16th at 3:00pm, Rachel Barton Pine will be performing in 'the Listening Room' at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake, IL. Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door. To reserve your tickets today, visit www.LakesideLegacy.org or call 815-455-8000. “Purchase a ticket to this concert, and you will have a rare and up-close opportunity with a world renowned musician,” stated Siobhan Cottone, Lakeside's Executive Director. “Barton Pine is a vibrant performer who appeals to classical fans while having a modern 'rock' edge,” Cottone also said.
New type of accounting internship enters its 3rd yearJan 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Six competing CPA firms work together to provide a well-rounded internship, designed to provide a broader view of the accounting industry than a classroom allows. The program exposes the interns not only to hands-on learning, but also to business networking and client interaction.
New digital media courses offered at McHenry County College Jan 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Learn how to digitally design creatures and characters for animation or learn how to create illustrations for the web and print with two new digital media classes — “Character Development” and “Digital Illustration” — offered by McHenry County College beginning in the spring 2014 semester.
People in Need Forum at MCC to marshall social services Jan 9, 2014 12:00 AM
McHenry County College, in cooperation with several area organizations, will host the 11th annual People in Need Forum from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 25. It is open to the public and will showcase resources available throughout the county to help anyone in need of social services.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- '3 Days' really two bad movies in one
- Park Ridge boy in Amber Alert found unharmed
- Lake County lawmakers want to dissolve Fox Waterway Agency
- Suburban doctor charged with illegally dispensing OxyContin
- Algonquin man on 'most wanted' list arrested
- Ex-Addison cop facing multiple charges gets $200,000 bond
- Religious leaders unite against graffiti attacks
- Small business owners sound off in Elgin
- Route 137 opening has immediate impact
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Will I-90 tollway project raise water rates?
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Elk Grove mayor recovering from heart surgery
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- JOB FAIR - Upcoming Job Fairs Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Sat., March 1 & Sat., March 8 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Location: Holiday Inn 200 E. Rand Rd, Mt Prospect A new, healthy and fresh way to grocery shop is taking root in the Midwest, and we want you to join the Fresh Thyme team! Come to one of our job fairs to learn more about full-time, part-time and manager positions for the upcoming Mount Prospect store opening Spring 2014 and Deerfield store opening Summer 2014. Onsite interviews that day! www.freshthyme.com (id:4365078) BOOK KEEPER - PT - Bookkeeper wanted -must know latest version of Quickbooks, payroll processing, filing of wkly & qtrly taxes, can do bank recs, must know Excel, detail oriented & reliable. $15-$18/hr, 20-30 hrs./wk Email email@example.com (id:4366199) ACCOUNTANT - PT - Accounting -Seeking a PT Independent Accountant at our Carol Stream Office, consruction background preferred. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4365507)
- DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SERVICES - The Director of Business Services (Department Administrator) will provide administrative leadership and overall programmatic, strategic and operational support for the Dept. of Emergency Medicine's clinical, educational, research and service missions under the direction of the Chair of Emergency Medicine. The programmatic functions within the Department are complex spanning several distinct entities. As such, the Director will also interact with the leadership of the School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH), UW Hospitals and Clinics (UWHC), the American Family Children's Hospital (AFCH), the Middleton Veteran's Administration Hospital, UW Medical Foundation (UWMF), and other UW departments and administrative units. Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience required. Demonstrated management experience is required, preferably in an academic medical center or other healthcare organization. An in-depth understanding of academic medicine's multiple missions of education, research, clinical and community service is highly preferred. Demonstrated skill and experience in effective policy development, strategic planning, change management, quality improvement, and program development are major expectations. Superior communication skills with the ability to effectively work with faculty, staff, students and external stakeholders, excellent presentational and organizational skills, and the ability to operate in high-pressure situations with conflicting priorities are requirements. Madison offers a vibrant lifestyle with excellent schools, rich cultural events and indoor and outdoor activities year round. Madison is ranked as one of the best places to live and work in the United States. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Full info: http:go.wisc.edu-78c2c0 . To apply please provide a resume and cover letter to: Kathy Woytych, 1685 Highland Avenue, Suite 5000 UW Medical Foundation Centennial Building, Madison, WI 53705; or by email to: email@example.com. Email is preferred and appreciated. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. Application must be received by March 3, 2014 to ensure consideration. (id:4365192) RESTAURANT - Seasons of Japan Franchise Restaurant Cashier/Food Runner wanted Vernon Hills 847-770-3776 (id:4365900) SERVICE PLUMBER - SERVICE PLUMBER Industry leading plumbing contractor seeks 1-2 good men to add to our growing Service Dept. Competitive salary/benefits. Never on call. 4 YEARS EXP. as a LEAD MAN absolutely necessary. Jon 847-PLUMBER email: J_romano@jsplumb.com (id:4365760)
- CLASS A/B DRIVERS - Competitve Wages and Insurance. Apply in person, North Coast 1640 Fullerton Ct ,Glendale Hts. Ask for Rick S (id:4366197) JANITORS - Janitors -Part Time M -F 6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. Seeking exp'd Janiitors/House- keepers for basic cleaning/jan- itorial duties. Must be reliable & have good working ethic. Email to:firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 708-615-8806. Pls apply 8a-3p, M-F at The Custom Companies, Inc. 317 W. Lake St., Northlake, IL, 61064 www.customco.com (id:4366047) DRIVER - NIGHT ROUTE DRIVERS NEEDED IN CHICAGO AREA HOME EVERY DAY O'Reilly Auto Parts is accepting applications for full time DOT driving/delivery positions. These position requires a Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement and at least one year of verifiable driving experience. Delivery routes are in the Chicago and surrounding area. We offer competitive pay, advancement opportunities and excellent benefits. Visit www.oreillyauto.com for more company information. Apply on-line at oreillyauto.com, email resume to email@example.com, fax resumes to 317-456-5950 or mail resume to O'Reilly Auto Parts 511 Eastpoint Circle Brownsburg, IN 46112 Drug Free applicants only (id:4365774)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.