Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Maple Park
Jon Conover to release new three song EP and launch Songwriter Series Dec 1, 2014 9:00 PM
Chicago singer/songwriter Jon Conover, recorded three new original songs at Reba McEntire’s Starstruck Studios in Nashville, Tenn., this September. Jon Conover coproduced and performed acoustic guitar and vocals on the tracks and now, after a lot of hard work, the songs are ready to be released on Tuesday, Dec. 2.
AID receives Harvey and Ethel Daeumer Foundation grant Dec 1, 2014 9:08 PM
The Association for Individual Development is the grateful recipient of a generous $5,000 from the Harvey and Ethel Daeumer Foundation.
Fox Lake Theatre Presents Free Screening of “The Polar Express” Dec 2, 2014 4:07 PM
Celebrate the holiday season at the Fox Lake Theatre with a FREE screening of “The Polar Express.” This special show is slated for Saturday, December 13, 2014, at 10 AM at the Fox Lake Theatre, located at 115 Town Centre Lane in Fox Lake. The film is sponsored by the Lions Club. Santa will be on hand to greet children before the film.
Santa Hustle Chicago 5K to benefit ACS, Toys for Tots Foundation Dec 2, 2014 6:16 PM
The Santa Hustle Chicago 5K is comin’ to town this weekend-don’t miss out on all the jolly fun! Picture thousands taking to the streets and pathways of Chicago’s beautiful lakefront, outfitted in Santa hats and beards as holiday cheer overtakes the windy city!
Fox Valley Festival Chorus to perform holiday concerts Dec 1, 2014 7:30 PM
The Fox Valley Festival Chorus presents “Hallelujah, Hodie and Hayes!,” its annual holiday concert also featuring Festival Chorus Brass. The Fox Valley Festival Chorus, under the direction of Mary Beth McCarthy, is putting finishing touches on its annual holiday concert which will include a number of favorites including “The Hallelujah Chorus,” “Hodie Christus Est,” “Santa Claus Boogie” and many more.
Enjoy old-fashioned holiday cheer at Garfield Farms Museum Nov 28, 2014 11:42 AM
Take time away from the chaotic rush of the holiday season and travel down the country road to Garfield Farm Museum for its annual Candlelight Reception from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6, and Sunday, Dec. 7. Interpreters wearing period clothing will share with guests what life was like for people during the height of the horse and wagon era.
Plan ahead for Black Friday shopping in the Fox Valley Nov 26, 2014 3:34 PM
Make a plan. If you're heading out to shop Black Friday or Thanksgiving Day, that's the one piece of advice expert shoppers and mall officials say is necessary. Especially now, when some stores don't open until Black Friday, while others are open Thanksgiving and still others are offering big deals today.
Extension offers tips on choosing perfect Christmas tree Nov 25, 2014 9:46 PM
Selecting the perfect Christmas tree this holiday season is simply a matter of following a few steps. “When I was growing up, we would often cut down a Christmas tree growing on my grandparents’ farm,” said Ron Wolford, a University of Illinois Extension horticulture educator. “Today you can purchase trees from garden centers, pop-up lots, big box stores, and Christmas tree farms. The following tips can help you select a fresh tree for your home and keep it looking its best throughout the holiday season.”
Kaneland High’s 37-year tradition: the Madrigal Feaste Nov 25, 2014 9:22 PM
Celebrating holidays and traditions with families is a great way to create memories that last a lifetime. As the holiday season is quickly approaching, Kaneland High School would like to remind you of a 37-year tradition just around the corner in our community. The Kaneland High School Madrigal dinner performances are scheduled for Friday, Dec. 12 to Sunday, Dec. 14.
Volunteers recognized for contributions to Master Gardener program Nov 25, 2014 3:06 PM
University of Illinois Extension of Kane County celebrated its Master Gardeners with an awards and appreciation night Oct. 25 in St. Charles. The volunteer group has already completed more than 2,900 hours of service for 2014.
Mooseheart’s Holiday Lights features new displays Nov 25, 2014 2:39 PM
Back for its fifth year, Mooseheart’s Holiday Lights show has become a family tradition, not only for communities in Kane County, but for individuals and families who enjoy a break from the frantic pace associated with the holidays.
NIU Law alums, faculty honored by Chicago Daily Law Bulletin Nov 25, 2014 7:22 PM
Northern Illinois University College of Law alumni Kenya Jenkins-Wright (2003) and Heather Wier Vaught (2005) join clinical assistant professor Colleen Boraca in being honored as “40 under 40” attorneys by The Chicago Daily Law Bulletin.
Holidays hit their stride with Elburn Christmas Stroll Nov 24, 2014 9:15 AM
From 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 29, downtown Elburn will feel like Christmas with Santa, hot chocolate, s’mores and a spectacular holiday light show.
Top ten tips for holiday food safety Nov 24, 2014 6:53 PM
As families and friends across Illinois makes plans for their holiday feasts, the Illinois Poison Center is offering its top ten tips for proper food handling techniques this season. According to the Centers for Disease Control, more than 76 million people experience foodborne illness each year.
St. Charles Singers to ring in season with ‘Candlelight Carols’ Nov 26, 2014 12:07 PM
The St. Charles Singers will present the 31st annual edition of its “Candlelight Carols” Christmas program on Friday, Dec. 5, to Sunday, Dec. 7, in Chicago and St. Charles.
Stitches & Woodchips to host 13th annual Holiday & Primitive Craft Sale Nov 21, 2014 11:14 PM
Stitches & Woodchips will hold its 13th annual Holiday & Primitive Craft Sale from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 28 to Sunday, Nov. 30, at 1024 Duncan Ave. in Elgin. They specialize in quality primitive and homespun items for the home as well as unique handmade gifts. See handmade quilted items and wool designs, ornaments, shelving and more.
Sedgebrook Woodworker Brings New Life to Old Finds Nov 21, 2014 5:59 PM
Don Hollenbeck is disturbed by “move-in-ready” home makeover TV shows. “I can’t understand how people can just come into a place with things that someone else has picked out and set up for them,” said the woodworker and resident of Sedgebrook, a senior living community in Lincolnshire.
Auction at Geneva church raises over $5,000 for local organizations Nov 25, 2014 2:58 PM
The Unitarian Universalist Society of Geneva raised more than $5,000 for local humanitarian organizations at its “Saturday Night Feverish” auction. More than 100 people packed the church’s historic sanctuary to bid on a variety of items, including baskets of donated goods and services from local businesses and church members. Funds raised are being divided equally between Lazarus House and Mutual Ground.
VNA Hospice offers 20th annual holiday memorial service Nov 26, 2014 12:07 PM
VNA Hospice invites community members to their 20th annual Holiday Memorial Service at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 7.
Self-published authors can enter Soon to Be Famous Illinois Author contest Nov 20, 2014 9:02 PM
Illinois authors who have self-published an adult fiction book may enter the second year of the Soon to be Famous Illinois Author project until Monday, Dec. 15. The Soon to be Famous Illinois Author project is being coordinated in collaboration with the Illinois Library Association and Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) and is supported by the American Library Association Digital Content Working Group, the Public Library Association (PLA), Illinois Heartland Library System.
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- Warren was told to stay quiet, but she didn't listen
- 'DWTS' champs visit Deer Park
- One hurt in three-car crash in Rolling Meadows
- Trip to North Pole helps families leave health battles behind
- Hawks trade Morin to Columbus for Erixon
- Hinsdale teen critical after being struck by train
- Rozner: Bears have bigger problems than OC
- Auditions for 'Meet Me in St. Louis' in Antioch
- Dog's tennis ball key to DuPage courthouse security
- Wheaton Warrenville South mourns beloved coach
- Imrem: Kromer latest victim of Cutler's wreckage
- Ridley Scott talks religious casting, themes
- New Lombard tattoo studio hopes to break stereotypes
- Boys basketball scoreboard: Friday's results
- Pop-up vintage 'experiment' open in downtown Naperville
- Jacobs' Van Vlierbergen wins Wendy's Heisman Award
- Palatine family's suit against fraternity dismissed
- Cordell leaving Glenbard South
- Gay comments expected to draw crowd to Warren
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- SOCIAL SERVICES - Social Services -Help At Home is seeking caregivers/homemaker and drivers to service clients in Kane and McHenry county. FT and PT positions. We offer benefits, and sign on bonus, Pd holidays, Pd vaca, free training. Please contact Help At Home 630-443-1800. (id:4393164) INVENTORY TAKER PT - Inventory Taker PT -in NW Chicago. No exp. nec. Must be at least 18 & have reliable transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349. www.rgisinv.com keyword dist057 (id:4392727) FRONT DESK HELP - Hotel -Red Roof Inn seeks Front Desk GSR; must have strong cust. serv. skills, no exp. necessary (we'll train). Send resume to email@example.com or call Mirian Leon@224-310-3620. (id:4393253)
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Located in Champaign, IL, the State Universities Retirement System of Illinois (SURS; http:www.surs.com ) administers benefits and over $17.4B in assets for approximately 227,000 members. Responsibilities: Reporting to an eleven-member Board of Trustees, the Executive Director directs a staff of 130 through 10 direct reports, including a Chief Investment Officer. The Executive Director also serves as the chief governmental-legislation liaison with the General Assembly, its committees, and other governmental entities as necessary. Requirements: The ideal candidate will possess an advanced degree and progressive management responsibility culminating in a senior management position in a public pension fund, insurance or financial services company, as well as outstanding leadership attributes, excellent communication skills, professional presence and maturity, and sensitivity to issues of managing and funding a public trust fund. The ideal candidate will also have strong people and process management skills, political acumen, strategic agility, and the highest integrity and ethics. Compensation and Benefits: Compensation (base salary plus excellent benefits) will be based upon experience, credentials, and personal characteristics of the candidate. Relocation expenses will be negotiated on an individual basis. SURS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, or to apply, contact: Derrick Buckingham, Senior Vice President and Managing Director The Hollins Group Inc. 225 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1575 Chicago, IL 60606-1274 312-606-2478 firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393531) PROGRAMMER ANALYST II - Programmer Analyst II Idea Tech Solutions Inc currently has opngs for Programmer Analyst II. Jobs loc in Vernon Hills, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Gthr usr reqmnts & specs. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrieve spcfc docs, data, & info. Tst, mntn, & monitr comp progs & syss, incldg coordg the installtn of comp progs & syss. Wrk in conjunctn w/ Sr. Progrmmr Anlysts. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel. Send res w/cvr ltr: Idea Tech Solutions Inc 270 Center Drive, Unit 1, Ste 210 Vernon Hills, IL 60061 Job 14IDS26 EOE (id:4392975) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email email@example.com (id:4393303)
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4393064) HOUSEKEEPER - Cleaning -FT Housekeeper wanted for Lake Barrington Woods Retirement Community in Lake Barrington. Apply at www.seniorlifestyle.com (id:4392776) DRIVERS - DRIVERS-Earning potential avg. $64,000 year Ashley Distribution Services in Bolingbrook, IL seeks: -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch) -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -401k -Med/Life/Dental Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 8AM to 4PM CST for info & app or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4392863)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.