Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Long Grove
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Nov. 18: CLC sponsors Partnership to Global Success Conference Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
Lake County companies wishing to expand into global markets are invited to attend the Global Success Conference, sponsored by the Illinois Small Business Development and International Trade Center at the College of Lake County.
Nov. 7: Veterans Day Ceremony and Welcome Home Fair at CLC Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
The annual Veterans Day Ceremony will be held at noon on Friday, Nov. 7 in Room C005 (C Wing Auditorium) on the Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington Street. New this year is a Veteran and Military Welcome Home Benefit Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., also cosponsored by the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
Nov. 14-22: CLC Theatre presents ‘Crimes of the Heart’ Oct 28, 2014 3:51 PM
“Crimes of the Heart” by Beth Henley will be presented by the College of Lake County Theatre department Nov. 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 16 at 2 p.m. in the Studio Theatre of the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights Oct 27, 2014 7:24 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
Route 53 extension: Hopes and concerns of those along the corridor Oct 27, 2014 10:29 AM
The prospect of a Route 53 extension has been part of life in central Lake County for five decades. A new version of the project is on the table, but is it a transportation and economic benefit the region can’t afford to pass by or an expensive dream that will never be built? Those who live and work along the corridor want to know what happens next.
A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle Oct 27, 2014 9:36 AM
After 50 years of debate over the future of a Route 53 north extension into Lake County, a make-or-break decision is in the works with a new proposal that hinges on balancing interests involving environmental protection, improved transportation and economic development. “This is our last best chance. We've gotten further with this project than any of the other efforts,” said Lake County Board Chairman Aaron Lawlor.
NORTHWEST CHORAL SOCIETY ANNOUNCES PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE FOR 2014-15 SEASON Oct 24, 2014 7:48 AM
NORTHWEST CHORAL SOCIETY ANNOUNCES PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE FOR 2014-15 SEASON
Congregation Beth Judea hosts Torah Scribe Oct 24, 2014 7:43 AM
Congregation Beth Judea hosts Torah Scribe
Woodlands Academy Hosts Open House Nov. 11 Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Learn about the dynamic educational experience at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart during an open house Tuesday, Nov. 11.
Coming Sunday: Special report on Route 53 Oct 24, 2014 10:01 AM
The newest incarnation in the 50-year struggle to extend Route 53 north into central Lake County is heading to a make-or-break decision about its future. Starting Sunday, read Mick Zawislak’s two-part report, which includes videos, photos, detailed map/graphics and an interactive Web map/graphic.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Long Grove man dies after crash Oct 22, 2014 11:23 PM
A Long Grove man died after his vehicle ran into a parked semi Wednesday afternoon, police said. The crash happened just after 1 p.m. on the southbound shoulder of Old McHenry Road north of Prairie Wind Drive in Long Grove, police said in a news release.
Rotary Club Sponsors Community Dinner at Emmaus House Oct 22, 2014 8:37 AM
Rotary Club Sponsors Community Dinner at Emmaus House
Rotary Club of Long Grove, Kildeer and Hawthorn Woods and Sunset Foods to host Blood Drive October 25, 2014 Oct 28, 2014 3:17 PM
Rotary Club of Long Grove, Kildeer and Hawthorn Woods and Sunset Foods to host Blood Drive October 25, 2014
Can Forsythe family bring Long Grove back to glory days? Oct 21, 2014 5:37 AM
A family of developers has bought about a third of the famous Long Grove historic business district and is attempting to revive the area with new businesses and restaurants to bring in a younger crowd. But not everybody in Long Grove thinks all the changes - like video gambling - is such a good thing.
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois Oct 20, 2014 7:45 AM
Nominations now being accepted for The Outstanding Young Person of Illinois
Pit bulls, pinot and patriots in Long Grove Oct 19, 2014 5:54 PM
Pits, pinot and patriots came together Sunday in Long Grove to help turn resuced dogs into service animals for veterans and first responders. The 2nd annual Pinot with Pits For Patriots at Valentino’s Vineyard raised money to help veterans in need.
CLC volunteers to participate in Make A Difference Day Oct 17, 2014 12:39 PM
About 200 volunteers from the College of Lake County, along with volunteers from United Way of Lake County, will join millions of volunteers nationwide for service projects on Saturday, Oct. 25, Make A Difference Day, “The National Day of Doing Good.”
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Bulls' strategy a success in season opener
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Committee spikes Kane coroner's request for $140,000
- Walmart vs. the $1.2 million RV in Glen Ellyn
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.