Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Long Grove FPD
Fire contained to basement of Kildeer home Oct 14, 2014 2:32 PM
A fire contained to the basement of a Kildeer home caused about $75,000 in damage, authorities said. The Long Grove Fire Protection District continues to investigate what sparked the blaze in the home on the 20000 block of Middleton Drive.
Trucker killed in Long Grove crash Jun 10, 2014 5:57 PM
A semitrailer-truck driver was killed Tuesday morning in a collision with a dump truck on Route 22 in Long Grove, police said.
Two injured in head-on minivan collision in Long Grove May 11, 2014 4:36 PM
Two people were injured Sunday morning in a head-on collision involving two minivans in Long Grove, according to the Long Grove Fire Protection District. The crash occurred about 8 a.m. on Hicks Road (Old Route 53), about a ¼-mile north of Lake-Cook Road, according to the fire district.
Service restored for most homes near Long Grove explosion Apr 28, 2014 12:59 PM
Nearly every Long Grove resident living near the house that exploded Friday night has been given the all clear to return to their homes Sunday following natural gas service testing, according to a North Shore Gas representative. Eight homes, including the home that exploded, remain without natural gas service as the investigation into what caused the blast that could be felt for miles away continues.
Northwest suburban firefighters practice ice rescues Mar 10, 2014 2:24 PM
As Spring nears, the stability of ice will decrease and even though the surface of a pond or lake may look stable there is a good chance that there is an unseen danger. Buffalo Grove, Wheeling, Long Grove and Lincolnshire Riverwoods, members of the Combined Area Fire Training group, were out at their training facility recently practicing just in case they are called upon to make a rescue.
Popular Long Grove eatery reopens after fire Dec 5, 2013 1:20 PM
Enzo & Lucia Ristorante & Café in downtown Long Grove has reopened after a kitchen fire forced it to close its doors in June. The restaurant, which has been operating out of a historic, former Victorian-style home at 343 Old McHenry Road for 13 years, has seen brisk business since reopening late last month, its owner says.
Long Grove Fire Department open house Saturday Oct 9, 2013 11:24 AM
The Long Grove Fire Department will be holding its annual open house 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday Oct. 12, at the fire station, 1165 Old McHenry Road. The event is free and will be showcasing multiple demonstrations including an auto extrication, residential fire sprinkler, Lake County Sheriff K9 unit, and multiple fire trucks for the children to take photos on. Hot dogs, chips, refreshments and popcorn will be available.
Workers overcome by fumes in Long Grove Jul 11, 2013 8:01 PM
Two workers were rescued from a manhole containing dangerous gases Thursday afternoon at old Route 53 and Old McHenry Road in Long Grove.
No serious injuries in Long Grove house fire Jun 11, 2013 3:24 PM
Authorities are still investigating the cause of a house fire Monday in the 1500 block of Chickamauga Lane in Long Grove, which sent one firefighter to the hospital with a shoulder injury. Heavy smoke was billowing from the front door, the first floor windows and eaves, and from small cracks in the mortar on the lower level of the brick, raised ranch home when firefighters arrived at about 9:30 a.m., according to a news release.
Investigation continues for Long Grove fire May 30, 2013 12:24 PM
Officials at the Long Grove Fire Protection District are ruling a bedroom fire Tuesday in unincorporated Arlington Heights an accident and are exploring a possible electrical cause, Michael Schmitt, the district's fire marshal and lead investigator, said Thursday.
6 dogs, 4 people safe after Long Grove farmhouse fire Apr 6, 2013 10:49 AM
Six dogs were saved from the basement of a burning farmhouse in Long Grove after four residents also escaped unharmed, authorities said Saturday. A fire at an older, two-story farmhouse began about 9:15 p.m. Friday in the 4200 block of Route 83. It drew crews from multiple departments to extinguish flames that engulfed the front porch and spread through many of the walls, according to a news release from the Long Grove Fire Protection District.
Firefighters practice ice rescues in Buffalo Grove Jan 30, 2013 5:19 PM
With alternating warm and cold weather making walking on pond ice very dangerous, firefighters Wednesday practiced their ice rescue skills at a retention pond adjacent to the Combined Area Fire Training Facility in Buffalo Grove.
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- No school in Waukegan Thursday
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Metropolis needs changes to survive
- New executive director starts at Metropolis
- Our endorsement: Cross for Illinois treasurer
- Mundelein man dies in Michigan rafting accident
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389520) CLERK - MEDICAL RECORDS - Clerical -Medical Records Clerk to work in small friendly Home Health Agency located in Oak Brook. Call Bridget or Diane at Best Care 630-645-9600 or fax to 630-645-1455 (id:4389657) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- DRIVER CDL-A - West Suburban Stone Distributor seeks driver for Regional runs. Home 4-5 nights per week. Good driving record required. Complete benefits package. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4388662) STAFF SCIENTIST - Scientist: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. seeks remote Staff Scientist/Collaboration Scientist reporting to Hoffman Estates, IL. Engage in clinical investigation & research activities, eval & validation of prototypes, enhancements to angiography eqpmt for use in interventional procedures. Coordinate Angiography & X-ray research. Travel 80% w/in Houston, TX. Travel 20% various locations U.S. & Germany. Reports to HQ in IL, must reside in the Houston metro area. May work from home when no travel. Req a Master's in Medicine, Medical Sci/Physics, Engrg, or related & 3 yrs exp in imaging tech, OR PhD & 1 yr exp Also exp as tech consultant; medical imaging & equipment; interventional medicine; clinical eval & validation of prototypes; & presentation of results. Resumes: ATTN: Sarah Sadler, 2501 Barrington Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192. REQ#138206. EOE (id:4388934) WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388989)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.