Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lincolnshire
Trinity accepts donation of 500-year-old Torah scroll Sep 29, 2014 3:29 PM
An Ashkenazi Torah originating in late 15th century Germany has been donated to Trinity International University, where it will be displayed and used as an academic resource.
Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury Sep 29, 2014 3:28 PM
This story is about Bill Kornfeind - The business owner of Ultimate Car Wash in Round Lake Beach and a longtime Wauconda resident. Bill suffered a tragic accident which left him a quadriplegic. We would like to share his story through the fundraiser that is setup to help him.
Discover the rich rewards of quilting, weaving and embroidery at Fine Art of Fiber Sep 26, 2014 7:11 PM
Have you loved an heirloom quilt to threads, and wish you could make a new one for future generations? Do you sit in awe of the people you see happily knitting on the train? Are your fingers itching to embroider flowers along the hem of an old pair of jeans? You may be channeling that age-old creative force that compels people to make things with their hands and express themselves through craftwork.
Entertain Your Taste Buds Sep 25, 2014 4:13 PM
Food Tasting to Benefit Children and Adults with Disabilities
O’Toole’s Of Libertyville Gastropub’s New Chef-Driven Concept Will Add Sizzle To Red Hot Libertyville Restaurant Row Sep 25, 2014 4:09 PM
O’Toole’s of Libertyville, www.facebook.com/OToolesLibertyville, 412 N. Milwaukee Avenue, later this year will bring with it a chef-driven concept new to the O’Toole’s Pub Group highlighted by the same great craft beer and wine selection, hip comedy club, and unique special events made famous at its renowned sister locations in Chicago and Gurnee under the award winning Timothy O’Toole’s banner.
The Illinois Brass Band Presents ‘An Evening With Sousa’ Sep 25, 2014 4:09 PM
The Illinois Brass Band opens their 2014 -2015 season as they present "An Evening With Sousa."
Oct. 6-8: CLC’s Artcetera Gallery Shop holds Fall Art Sale Sep 25, 2014 4:05 PM
Unique gifts for art lovers will abound at the College of Lake County Artcetera Gallery fall sale, which will be held from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Oct. 6-8.
Oct. 18: Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio star in ‘Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey’ at CLC Sep 25, 2014 4:05 PM
“Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey,” starring Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio, will be performed at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18 at the College of Lake County.
CLC Theatre to present ‘Doctor Dolittle’ Sep 26, 2014 9:19 PM
A delightful children’s theatre production of “Doctor Dolittle” will be presented by the College of Lake County Theatre department Oct. 2-5. Performances for school groups will be held at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 2, and Friday, Oct. 3. Public performances will be held at 3 and 7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 4, and at 2 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 5.
CLC student literary magazine wins first place award; four win individual awards Sep 24, 2014 3:03 PM
The 2013-14 edition of Prairie Voices, the College of Lake County’s student literary arts magazine, has won first place in the central division of the Community College Humanities Association 2014 Literary Magazine Competition. In addition, four students won individual awards.
Oct. 23: CLC hosts Illinois Regional College Fair Sep 24, 2014 11:30 AM
Nearly 150 colleges will participate in the Illinois Regional College Fair, hosted by the College of Lake County from 6-8 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 23.
CLC sponsors its fall international film series Sep 25, 2014 10:25 AM
International films will be presented for free on Friday nights this fall by the College of Lake County Center for International Education.
RPM Advertising celebrates 20th anniversary at Chicago Cultural Center Sep 25, 2014 4:20 PM
It was a grand affair on Thursday evening,August 21, in Preston Bradley Hall at the Chicago Cultural Center, for close to 400 people who attended RPM Advertising’s 20th anniversary celebration. And most guests “dressed to impress” as the tongue in cheek request suggested on the invitation. The cocktails flowed, whimsical hors d’oeuvres were passed and music by the popular Freddy Jones Band, a native Chicago group that has found international fame, rocked on until 11 p.m.
Chicago Family Fun Expo offers hands-on fun Sep 22, 2014 3:29 PM
Chicago Family Fun Expo is coming to the DuPage Expo in St. Charles Oct 18-19. The primary goal of the Chicago Family Fun Expo is to assist nonprofits through the promotion of hands-on activities and fun shows and seminars throughout the weekend.
A red convertible he couldn't get off his mind Sep 22, 2014 9:22 AM
Vintage Oldsmobiles were out in force recently at the Marriott Resort in Lincolnshire, site of the Quad States Car Show. The show celebrated the 50th anniversary of the muscle-bound 442, and one longtime admirer is Mike Klumb. The West Bend, Wisconsin, resident inherited his love of Oldsmobiles from his father, a 30-year mechanic for the GM brand.
Lincolnshire cops, firefighters team to help girl’s leukemia fight Sep 22, 2014 5:30 AM
Lincolnshire’s police officers and firefighters will trade their guns and hoses for spatulas and tongs this weekend to help a Lake County girl fighting cancer. And you’re invited to grab a plate and chip in a few bucks, too.
Church in Lincolnshire to hold garage sale Sep 19, 2014 4:53 PM
The Community Christian Church in Lincolnshire will hold its annual community garage sale on Saturday, Sept. 27. The event will run from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the church, 1970 Riverwoods Road.
National Farm Safety & Health Week focuses on “Protecting What Matters” Sep 24, 2014 11:37 AM
National Farm Safety and Health Week will be observed Sept. 21-27, 2014. "Safety Counts - Protecting What Matters" is this year's theme, and the week focuses on promoting awareness of safe farm practices, to everyone involved in agriculture and to the general public.
Dining events: Pinstripes hosts bocce tourney, wine dinner Sep 18, 2014 6:00 AM
Bocce fans rejoice in a weekend-long tournament at Oak Brook's Pinstripes featuring bocce lovers from all over the country. The weekend kicks off with a five-course wine dinner Saturday, Sept. 21. Qualifying rounds begin Saturday and championship rounds happen Sunday with a $15,000 first-place prize.
Judge Tristano Addresses September NARFE Gathering Sep 18, 2014 7:19 AM
Judge Tristano provided and overview of the Circuit Court of Cook County and stressed the importance of completing the judicial retention ballot in the November election.
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns with sex toys at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Passengers quarantined with Ebola-like symptoms
- Former Barrington Hills couple accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Leap of faith led Elgin native to 'Ellen'
- Construction begins on Chicago-Moline rail line
- 'Girlfriend' crack makes Obama voting all laughs
- Elk Grove Village police make arrest in bank robbery
- Leap of faith led Elgin native to 'Ellen'
- Police: Elgin woman starved dog on apartment balcony
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- McHenry sheriff: Shooter ready to 'finish off' wounded deputies
- Injury sidelines Blackhawks goalie Crawford
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Suburban papers could change if sold by Sun-Times
- Chinese investor offers $100K for former Elgin school
- Early voting problems arise in Cook suburbs
- Quinn, Rauner give voters feisty last look in debate
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- WAREHOUSE SIT DOWN FORKLIFT OPERATOR/ P - Warehouse Sit Down Forklift Operator-Picker-Packer requirements: and middot;1+ year RECENT Picking-Packing and-with Forklift Operation experience. and middot;ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and middot;good numerical matching skills and middot;strong attention to details and middot;reliable work ethics and middot;team spirit Pls send the resume to: email@example.com (id:4388989) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389002) DRIVER - DRIVERS/Retirees welcomed to drive late model vehicles. In & around Des Plaines area. FT/ PT Approx $10.00/hr 847-871-0370 (id:4388956)
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers Local CDL"A" Drivers WE make It BETTER! Better Home Time! Better Benefits! Better Company! Above Average Pay! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Bonus to the first 10 Drivers hired before October 27th, 2014. Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. The Custom Companies Inc., 317 W. Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4388972) FOOD SERVICE - Food Service McDonald's Corporation -Restaurant For people who think the best jobs are those with a future! Right now, we've got all kinds of job openings -at different times of the day. They all need friendly, responsible, hard-working people. People like you! Let's get together: Hiring for the following locations. Apply here: Lake Zurich (653 Rand Rd) -www.mcstate.com/3718 Wauconda (511 W. Liberty) -www.mcstate.com/10231 Palatine (275 W. Northway Hwy.) -www.mcstate.com/12184 Arlington Heights (1920 N. Arlington Hts. Rd.) -www.mcstate.com/1783 McDonald's is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. (id:4386618) MECHANICAL - Mechanical -Installation and maintenance co. in Addison seeks people with basic electrical/pipefitting/mechanical skills. Exc. driving record a must. Benefits. Email: email@example.com (id:4389156)
- CNC MACHINIST - 3-5 yrs exp set-up-operations, Mastercam programming. NW Suburb Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4388990) JOB FAIR - Now hiring in Hoffman Estates, IL! SEASONAL JOB FAIR Choose the date most convenient for you! Wed Oct 22nd, Thurs Oct 23rd & Fri Oct 24th 9AM-7PM Hoffman Estates Retail Store Walk-ins welcome. Resume required. Scheduled interviews preferred. We are currently hiring: Seasonal Outfitters Clothing, Footwear, Cashier, Gun Counter, Warehouse Must be at least 18 years of age and able to pass a drug & background test. Gun Counter applicants must be 21 years of age. Must have minimum 20 hours availability including weekends. We offer generous merchandise discounts. Candidates are encouraged to call 847-645-0428 to schedule an interview time or apply online prior to the event at www.cabelas.jobs EOE (id:4389063) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.