Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Lincolnshire
Chambers to merge: Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The Greater Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce and the Buffalo Grove Area Chamber of Commerce are merging, officials announced Friday.
Mundelein makes it happen Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
It’s been quite a while since Mundelein’s girls gymnastics team was taking podium pictures in the North Suburban Conference meet. The most recent occurrence dates back to 1982 — before Friday. After going unbeaten in conference duels, the Mustangs earned runner-up honors in the league meet at Libertyville. Stevenson took top honors, posting a 138.3. Mundelein came in at 137.525 and Libertyville was third (133.85). In the final league standings, the Mustangs earned the top spot, with Libertyville second and Stevenson right behind in third place. “We went in undefeated, and this was our first loss,” Mundelein coach Nancy Toland said. “Points coming in helped us out. We’ll take the win. “Winning the conference is something that I’ve never had as a coach, this being my 14th year. The girls are working hard and doing what they need to do.”
Point taken, as Stevenson tops Mundelein Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Tom Dineen made his point. Midway through the second quarter of Friday night’s North Suburban Lake Division showdown at Mundelein, Stevenson’s girls basketball coach convinced the referee to take a foul away from Patriots point guard Ashley Richardson. It would have been the fourth foul for the talented freshman, who, nonetheless, took a seat on the bench. The Patriots then made their point. They failed to fold with their primary ballhandler out of the game, instead seizing control of a tight contest en route to a must-have, 59-44 win that kept the Patriots tied atop the NSC Lake standings with Zion-Benton.
NSC stage set for Libertyville, Grant finale Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
People were expecting another showdown between perennial powers Libertyville and Grant Friday night in the opening day of the 59th Annual North Suburban Conference wrestling meet in Vernon Hills. And that is exactly what they got, as the defending champion Wildcats will take a 108-106 advantage over the Bulldogs heading into the final day of competition beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday. The semifinals are scheduled for 10:15 a.m. with the finals slated for 2:30 p.m.
Sloan, Libertyville savor special win Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Libertyville’s girls bowling team won its first North Suburban Conference meet in 12 years on Friday. That great accomplishment was especially poignant for the Wildcats’ Taylor Sloan. She’d undergone heart surgery in August but managed to make her way back to compeitition in time to contribute to the team and sport she loves. “Actually, it didn’t hit me until after surgery, three months afterward,” said Sloan, a sophomore. “It’s a weird feeling. I never realized I’d really had heart surgery, until one day, we watched a video in Driver’s Ed class. That’s when it hit home. I went home cried to my mom (Jennifer).” No tears Friday — just cheers and smiles for Libertyville, which won during the 6-game tournament with a team total of 5,125 pins, beating runner-up Warren by 38 pins.
Images: Competitive Dance Prelims, DuPage and the Fox Valley Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The preliminary round for DuPage County and Fox Valley schools at the IHSA Competitive Dance state championships on Friday, January 30th, in Bloomington.
Images: Competitive Dance Prelims, Northwest and Lake County Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The preliminary round for Northwest suburban and Lake County teams of the IHSA Competitive Dance state championships took place Friday, January 30th, in Bloomington.
St Mary School Wishes Megan Bozak and US Olympic Team Good LuckJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Saint Mary School children gathered together to send a good luck message to Saint Mary Alumni Megan Bozak and the Women’s Olympic Hockey team.
Forest Villa Nursing & Rehabilitation becomes Avanti Wellness & Rehabilitation – Brings New Philosophy of Care & Hospitality to FocusJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Forest Villa Nursing & Rehabilitation is now Avanti Wellness & Rehabilitation. With this new name, comes a wellness-focused philosophy of care.
Centre Clubs to Host Free Community Health and Wellness FairsJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Advocate Condell’s Centre Clubs will be hosting two community health and wellness fairs in February.
Construction of College of Lake County campus master plan to begin in MayJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The College of Lake County's Sustainable Campus Master Plan will soon begin to move from the “plan” phase to construction.
Feb. 4: CLC offers free class on knowing the 10 signs of Alzheimer’sJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The College of Lake County will offer a free class called “The 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s” from 7-8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 4 in Room T323, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake
Feb. 21: The Irish Rovers’ Farewell Tour stops at CLCJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The Irish Rovers are conducting their 50th anniversary farewell tour, with a performance scheduled at the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at the College of Lake County in Grayslake at 8 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 21
Before the Celebration, Check the InspectionJan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. If you are thinking of taking your loved one to a local restaurant to celebrate, the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center encourages you to first check the restaurant’s inspection history.
Readers’ Choice Award-winning author coming to Lincolnshire Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
A best-selling author is coming to Lincolnshire to talk about his book.
Need more like Sente in Springfield Jan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
Letter to the editor: David Hochberg of Northbrook says it's hard to discredit state Rep. Carol Sente when she has established such a good record of performance in Springfield.
Vocal group to perform at Stevenson: Jan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
The vocal group Chapter 6 will return to Stevenson High School in Lincolnshire for a performance on Feb. 8.
Lake County’s coaches counter with contact inclusion Jan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
Lake County football coaches aren't fond of an IHSA proposal that could put strict limits on summer practices. They've come up with some proposals of their own.
Health dept. urges parents to protect kids' teeth during National Children's Dental Health MonthJan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
In conjunction with National Children’s Dental Health Month in February, the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center is urging parents to help protect their children’s teeth. Tooth decay is a common, preventable problem yet more than a quarter of U.S. children, ages 2 through 5, and half of youths aged 12 to 15 are experiencing tooth decay.
Lake County Young Professionals hosts Power Hour/Bowling Jan 30, 2014 12:00 AM
Area young professionals are invited to join Lake County Young Professionals for a monthly Power Hour.
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- '3 Days' really two bad movies in one
- Park Ridge boy in Amber Alert found unharmed
- Lake County lawmakers want to dissolve Fox Waterway Agency
- Suburban doctor charged with illegally dispensing OxyContin
- Algonquin man on 'most wanted' list arrested
- Ex-Addison cop facing multiple charges gets $200,000 bond
- Religious leaders unite against graffiti attacks
- Small business owners sound off in Elgin
- Route 137 opening has immediate impact
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Will I-90 tollway project raise water rates?
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Elk Grove mayor recovering from heart surgery
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- JOB FAIR - Upcoming Job Fairs Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Sat., March 1 & Sat., March 8 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Location: Holiday Inn 200 E. Rand Rd, Mt Prospect A new, healthy and fresh way to grocery shop is taking root in the Midwest, and we want you to join the Fresh Thyme team! Come to one of our job fairs to learn more about full-time, part-time and manager positions for the upcoming Mount Prospect store opening Spring 2014 and Deerfield store opening Summer 2014. Onsite interviews that day! www.freshthyme.com (id:4365078) BOOK KEEPER - PT - Bookkeeper wanted -must know latest version of Quickbooks, payroll processing, filing of wkly & qtrly taxes, can do bank recs, must know Excel, detail oriented & reliable. $15-$18/hr, 20-30 hrs./wk Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4366199) ACCOUNTANT - PT - Accounting -Seeking a PT Independent Accountant at our Carol Stream Office, consruction background preferred. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4365507)
- DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SERVICES - The Director of Business Services (Department Administrator) will provide administrative leadership and overall programmatic, strategic and operational support for the Dept. of Emergency Medicine's clinical, educational, research and service missions under the direction of the Chair of Emergency Medicine. The programmatic functions within the Department are complex spanning several distinct entities. As such, the Director will also interact with the leadership of the School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH), UW Hospitals and Clinics (UWHC), the American Family Children's Hospital (AFCH), the Middleton Veteran's Administration Hospital, UW Medical Foundation (UWMF), and other UW departments and administrative units. Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience required. Demonstrated management experience is required, preferably in an academic medical center or other healthcare organization. An in-depth understanding of academic medicine's multiple missions of education, research, clinical and community service is highly preferred. Demonstrated skill and experience in effective policy development, strategic planning, change management, quality improvement, and program development are major expectations. Superior communication skills with the ability to effectively work with faculty, staff, students and external stakeholders, excellent presentational and organizational skills, and the ability to operate in high-pressure situations with conflicting priorities are requirements. Madison offers a vibrant lifestyle with excellent schools, rich cultural events and indoor and outdoor activities year round. Madison is ranked as one of the best places to live and work in the United States. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Full info: http:go.wisc.edu-78c2c0 . To apply please provide a resume and cover letter to: Kathy Woytych, 1685 Highland Avenue, Suite 5000 UW Medical Foundation Centennial Building, Madison, WI 53705; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is preferred and appreciated. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. Application must be received by March 3, 2014 to ensure consideration. (id:4365192) RESTAURANT - Seasons of Japan Franchise Restaurant Cashier/Food Runner wanted Vernon Hills 847-770-3776 (id:4365900) SERVICE PLUMBER - SERVICE PLUMBER Industry leading plumbing contractor seeks 1-2 good men to add to our growing Service Dept. Competitive salary/benefits. Never on call. 4 YEARS EXP. as a LEAD MAN absolutely necessary. Jon 847-PLUMBER email: J_romano@jsplumb.com (id:4365760)
- CLASS A/B DRIVERS - Competitve Wages and Insurance. Apply in person, North Coast 1640 Fullerton Ct ,Glendale Hts. Ask for Rick S (id:4366197) JANITORS - Janitors -Part Time M -F 6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. Seeking exp'd Janiitors/House- keepers for basic cleaning/jan- itorial duties. Must be reliable & have good working ethic. Email to:email@example.com or Fax: 708-615-8806. Pls apply 8a-3p, M-F at The Custom Companies, Inc. 317 W. Lake St., Northlake, IL, 61064 www.customco.com (id:4366047) DRIVER - NIGHT ROUTE DRIVERS NEEDED IN CHICAGO AREA HOME EVERY DAY O'Reilly Auto Parts is accepting applications for full time DOT driving/delivery positions. These position requires a Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement and at least one year of verifiable driving experience. Delivery routes are in the Chicago and surrounding area. We offer competitive pay, advancement opportunities and excellent benefits. Visit www.oreillyauto.com for more company information. Apply on-line at oreillyauto.com, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax resumes to 317-456-5950 or mail resume to O'Reilly Auto Parts 511 Eastpoint Circle Brownsburg, IN 46112 Drug Free applicants only (id:4365774)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.