Daily Herald's print edition.
Articles filed under Lincolnshire
Records fall as Snarski, Libertyville roll Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Alex Snarski was at it again for Libertyville’s swimming team Tuesday night. The Northwestern-bound senior set a third individual pool record this season with a 50.37 clocking in the 100-yard butterfly, easily breaking former Wildcat Stevie Wimmer’s 2010 record of 51.20, as Libertyville defeated Stevenson 102-84.
Nichols helps another Stevenson win Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Stevenson’s boys basketball team makes opponents pay. With Jalen Brunson, who’s a big-money player. With “Cash” (Connor Cashaw). And, Tuesday night, with Nichols. “We got a bunch of great scorers on the team, so I’ve never really needed to score,” Patriots forward Parker Nichols said. “But when an opportunity comes, I’m willing to take a shot.” The 6-foot-5 junior took Stevenson’s first two shots against host Lake Zurich, made them both, including a 3-pointer to open the North Suburban Lake Division contest, and the Patriots never looked back en route to a 78-55 win.
Images from Sochi as BG Olympian arrives Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
With the Opening Ceremonies just two days away, Buffalo Grove Olympian Megan Bozek is getting her first look at the host city of Sochi, Russia, and she sent images to her family and friends to document her safe arrival. Bozek is a member of the U.S. women's hockey team, which is favored to contend for a medal at the 2014 Games.
Images: Daily Herald prep photos of the week Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
The Daily Herald Prep Photos of the Week gallery includes the best high school sports images by our photographers featuring the best from boys basketball, gymnastics and wrestling.
SAINT HUBERT SCHOOL SIXTH GRADERS DARE TO TAKE THE CHALLENGEFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Saint Hubert School sixth graders celebrate the successful completion of the DARE program with Mayor William McLeod and Hoffman Estates Police Officer John Bending.
Connect at GLMV Women's Network Group Power Luncheon - 2/11Feb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Business women looking to expand their circle of influence are invited to network with fellow business professionals, make connections, learn from each other, and of course increase business at the monthly GLMV Chamber of Commerce Women's Network Group Power Luncheon. Guests are welcome.
Consumers Credit Union Recognizes Employees of the YearFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Seven (7) employees earn top honors at Member-owned credit union
Lake County Health Department Receives Funding to Prepare for AccreditationFeb 4, 2014 12:00 AM
Members art exhibition on display at College of Lake County Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art at the College of Lake County in Grayslake features the Members Exhibition through Feb. 23. The show includes works by 85 artists and a wide variety of paintings, drawings, sculptures, photography and other media.
Buford, Way pace Stevenson victory Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Taylor Buford scored 16 points, Sophia Way added 15 and Stevenson’s girls basketball team netted a 65-47 nonconference win over host Grayslake Central Monday night. Stevenson (19-7) bolted to a 12-3 lead after one quarter and never looked back. The Patriots were up 27-17 at halftime and 44-34 after three.
Lifelong Friendship Fuels Sedgebrook Resident’s Heart for Volunteering Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
A former nun and a PhD with over 50 years of experience in health care, encompassing nursing, hospital administration and management, O’Malley has brought her volunteer spirit to Sedgebrook.
Special Day for Residents in Northwestern Lake County to Enroll in Health InsuranceFeb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Enroll Lake County! has scheduled a special day in northwestern Lake County for residents to enroll in health insurance under the Affordable Care Act. On Saturday, February 15, certified navigators will be available to answer questions and enroll residents from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Antioch Library, 757 Main Street and the United Methodist Church of Antioch at 848 Main Street in Antioch. Walk-in appointments will be available, but appointments are preferred, and can be made by calling: (847) 377-4999.
Area leaders invited to Chicago “Lessons in Leading” conference Feb. 20Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The NIU Executive Leadership Forum conference,“Lessons in Leading Today,” allows business leaders to share leadership practices and discuss gaining ground in a global economy and achieving competitive positioning. The event is open to the public and will be held from 2 to 6 p.m. Feb. 20 at the Mid-America Club in the Aon Building, 200 E. Randolph Drive in Chicago.
National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend Kicks Off On-Site Cookie “Booth” Sales Feb 3, 2014 12:00 AM
To kick off National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend (Feb. 7-9) and on-site cookie “booth” sales, Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana is teaming up with the USO to launch Gift of Caring: Troop to Troop, an initiative to support men and women in the U.S. military by sending them a sweet “taste of home” - Girl Scout Cookies®. Girl Scout troops throughout Chicago and Northwest Indiana are encouraging individuals and businesses to purchase and then donate boxes of Girl Scout Cookies® to the men and women serving in the military. Customers can purchase cookies for the U.S. military troops at $4 per box. The cookies will be distributed directly to the soldiers.
Suburban cheer teams step it up at sectionals Feb 2, 2014 12:00 AM
Dozens of cheerleading squads from across the suburbs competed in IHSA Sectional tournaments Sunday, trying to qualify to a trip to the State Final in Bloomington. “I'm amazed at how tough and skilled these kids are now,” said on spectator.
Book notes: Dan Stashower signs ‘Hour of Peril’ Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM
New York Times best-selling author Dan Stashower reads from and signs copies of his book "The Hour of Peril: The Secret Plot to Murder Lincoln Before the Civil War" at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4, at Anderson's Bookshop, 123 W. Jefferson Ave., Naperville.
Johnson helps Stevenson wear down Warren Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM
Two early fouls forced Stevenson junior Matt Johnson to take a front-row seat and watch Warren senior guard Eric Gillespie put on a sizzling first-half shooting display in Saturday night’s North Suburban Lake boys basketball game. Johnson was going to make sure the big crowd in Lincolnshire and ESPN3 television audience had seen enough. Johnson nearly shut out Gillespie when he was guarding him in the second half as the Patriots rolled to a 66-51 victory.
Grant comes up big, wins NSC title Feb 1, 2014 12:00 AM
It was a total contrast as Grant’s little guys and Libertyville’s big guys battle for team supremacy Saturday in the 59th Annual North Suburban Conference wrestling meet in Vernon Hills. The Bulldogs held a slim 222 to 220-point lead after the semifinals before they were able to extend that lead to 243 to 226.5 heading into the finals. That’s when Grant’s lower weights took over as the Bulldogs won first-place medals in five of the first six weight classes to build what proved to be an insurmountable advantage over the Wildcats. Libertyville did put together a late comeback with some great results at its higher weights. But it was not enough as Grant captured its ninth NSC crown in 14 years 271-251.5 over the Wildcats, who’d won four of the past five NSC titles. Stevenson (124) placed third while Warren (111.5) was fourth.
Stage is set for Saturday's state dance championships Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Plenty of suburban high schools have made the finals of the IHSA state competitive dance championships, which will be held Saturday in Bloomington. Ninety teams qualified to go downstate, but now only 30 remain.
CLC offers Alzheimer’s info: Jan 31, 2014 12:00 AM
The College of Lake County will offer a free class called “The 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s” from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 4, in Room T323, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake.
- Snow? Who knows? But the cold is a fact
- Bulls unlikely to land Granger
- Ravina lineup includes Carrie Underwood, James Taylor
- Mount Prospect bakery finds temporary home after fire
- Decade ago, everything seemed ducky for Prior and Cubs
- Glassmann, Fremd make it happen in MSL title game
- Schaumburg gives green light to Zurich American HQ
- Streamwood's Fireside Ale House off to a good start
- Are potholes inevitable, or can we prevent winter misery?
- Dawn Patrol: Lawmakers look at soda tax; Mundelein ready to buy land
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- '3 Days' really two bad movies in one
- Park Ridge boy in Amber Alert found unharmed
- Lake County lawmakers want to dissolve Fox Waterway Agency
- Suburban doctor charged with illegally dispensing OxyContin
- Algonquin man on 'most wanted' list arrested
- Ex-Addison cop facing multiple charges gets $200,000 bond
- Religious leaders unite against graffiti attacks
- Small business owners sound off in Elgin
- Route 137 opening has immediate impact
- Get ready for a huge loss of tax money
- Residents call for Dist. 54 chief's firing after DUI charge
- Lake Park pool push getting mixed reviews
- Duckworth shines bright in first term
- COD trustees reimbursed for driving to meetings
- First concealed carry permits could be issued next week
- Will I-90 tollway project raise water rates?
- Streamwood firehouse reopens 4 years after closing
- Wauconda administrator earns praise
- Elk Grove mayor recovering from heart surgery
- JOB FAIR - Upcoming Job Fairs Fresh Thyme Farmers Market Sat., March 1 & Sat., March 8 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Location: Holiday Inn 200 E. Rand Rd, Mt Prospect A new, healthy and fresh way to grocery shop is taking root in the Midwest, and we want you to join the Fresh Thyme team! Come to one of our job fairs to learn more about full-time, part-time and manager positions for the upcoming Mount Prospect store opening Spring 2014 and Deerfield store opening Summer 2014. Onsite interviews that day! www.freshthyme.com (id:4365078) BOOK KEEPER - PT - Bookkeeper wanted -must know latest version of Quickbooks, payroll processing, filing of wkly & qtrly taxes, can do bank recs, must know Excel, detail oriented & reliable. $15-$18/hr, 20-30 hrs./wk Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4366199) ACCOUNTANT - PT - Accounting -Seeking a PT Independent Accountant at our Carol Stream Office, consruction background preferred. Send resume to email@example.com (id:4365507)
- DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS SERVICES - The Director of Business Services (Department Administrator) will provide administrative leadership and overall programmatic, strategic and operational support for the Dept. of Emergency Medicine's clinical, educational, research and service missions under the direction of the Chair of Emergency Medicine. The programmatic functions within the Department are complex spanning several distinct entities. As such, the Director will also interact with the leadership of the School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH), UW Hospitals and Clinics (UWHC), the American Family Children's Hospital (AFCH), the Middleton Veteran's Administration Hospital, UW Medical Foundation (UWMF), and other UW departments and administrative units. Bachelor's degree in related field and at least 7 years of progressively responsible professional experience required. Demonstrated management experience is required, preferably in an academic medical center or other healthcare organization. An in-depth understanding of academic medicine's multiple missions of education, research, clinical and community service is highly preferred. Demonstrated skill and experience in effective policy development, strategic planning, change management, quality improvement, and program development are major expectations. Superior communication skills with the ability to effectively work with faculty, staff, students and external stakeholders, excellent presentational and organizational skills, and the ability to operate in high-pressure situations with conflicting priorities are requirements. Madison offers a vibrant lifestyle with excellent schools, rich cultural events and indoor and outdoor activities year round. Madison is ranked as one of the best places to live and work in the United States. UW-Madison is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Full info: http:go.wisc.edu-78c2c0 . To apply please provide a resume and cover letter to: Kathy Woytych, 1685 Highland Avenue, Suite 5000 UW Medical Foundation Centennial Building, Madison, WI 53705; or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is preferred and appreciated. Unless confidentiality is requested in writing, information regarding the applicants must be released upon request. Finalists cannot be guaranteed confidentiality. Application must be received by March 3, 2014 to ensure consideration. (id:4365192) RESTAURANT - Seasons of Japan Franchise Restaurant Cashier/Food Runner wanted Vernon Hills 847-770-3776 (id:4365900) SERVICE PLUMBER - SERVICE PLUMBER Industry leading plumbing contractor seeks 1-2 good men to add to our growing Service Dept. Competitive salary/benefits. Never on call. 4 YEARS EXP. as a LEAD MAN absolutely necessary. Jon 847-PLUMBER email: J_romano@jsplumb.com (id:4365760)
- CLASS A/B DRIVERS - Competitve Wages and Insurance. Apply in person, North Coast 1640 Fullerton Ct ,Glendale Hts. Ask for Rick S (id:4366197) JANITORS - Janitors -Part Time M -F 6:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m. Seeking exp'd Janiitors/House- keepers for basic cleaning/jan- itorial duties. Must be reliable & have good working ethic. Email to:email@example.com or Fax: 708-615-8806. Pls apply 8a-3p, M-F at The Custom Companies, Inc. 317 W. Lake St., Northlake, IL, 61064 www.customco.com (id:4366047) DRIVER - NIGHT ROUTE DRIVERS NEEDED IN CHICAGO AREA HOME EVERY DAY O'Reilly Auto Parts is accepting applications for full time DOT driving/delivery positions. These position requires a Class A CDL with Hazmat endorsement and at least one year of verifiable driving experience. Delivery routes are in the Chicago and surrounding area. We offer competitive pay, advancement opportunities and excellent benefits. Visit www.oreillyauto.com for more company information. Apply on-line at oreillyauto.com, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax resumes to 317-456-5950 or mail resume to O'Reilly Auto Parts 511 Eastpoint Circle Brownsburg, IN 46112 Drug Free applicants only (id:4365774)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.