Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lily Lake
Over 200 turn out for Grace Lutheran’s Oktoberfest Oct 30, 2014 5:06 PM
More 200 people came out for the annual Oktoberfest at Grace Lutheran Church in Lily Lake Oct. 25. Sixty hot dogs were donated by Pete’s Famous Hot Dogs and Country Restaurant in Lily Lake, as well as 60 brats, homemade by a couple from the church.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Delnor Glen Senior Living to offer “Introduction to Essential Oils” Oct 29, 2014 8:48 PM
Delnor Glen Senior Living will offer "Introduction to Essential Oils" at 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 3, at 975 N. Fifth Ave., St. Charles. Come to a fun and informative talk about how you can use essential oils to improve your health and well-being.
Vero Voce Young Performers Series presents “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” Oct 29, 2014 9:00 PM
Vero Voce Theater in St. Charles will present “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow” as its Halloween special Young Performers production, with direction by David Rodriguez. Performances are at 1 and 4:30 p.m. Saturdays, and 3 p.m. Sundays, Nov. 1-9.
Nov. 18: CLC sponsors Partnership to Global Success Conference Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
Lake County companies wishing to expand into global markets are invited to attend the Global Success Conference, sponsored by the Illinois Small Business Development and International Trade Center at the College of Lake County.
Nov. 7: Veterans Day Ceremony and Welcome Home Fair at CLC Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
The annual Veterans Day Ceremony will be held at noon on Friday, Nov. 7 in Room C005 (C Wing Auditorium) on the Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington Street. New this year is a Veteran and Military Welcome Home Benefit Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., also cosponsored by the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
Nov. 14-22: CLC Theatre presents ‘Crimes of the Heart’ Oct 28, 2014 3:51 PM
“Crimes of the Heart” by Beth Henley will be presented by the College of Lake County Theatre department Nov. 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 16 at 2 p.m. in the Studio Theatre of the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake.
Pottawatomie Garden Club names new board members Oct 28, 2014 3:54 PM
At the recent fall luncheon, “Autumn’s Abundance,” the Pottawatomie Garden Club introduced new officers and board members for next year. The Landscape Commendation Award was presented to Debra Gallaway from Elite Extrusion Technologies for their landscape of mostly native plants. She and her husband, Glen, transformed a barren landscape into an award-winning one.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Two weeks after historic Chicago stunt, Nik Wallena comes to St. Charles Oct 28, 2014 9:06 PM
World-renowned daredevil Nik Wallenda will join Christ Community Church weekend services on Nov. 15-16, just two weeks after tightrope walking 50 stories above Chicago. A seventh-generation member of The Flying Wallendas family, Wallenda holds eight Guinness World Records for various acrobatic feats, including tightrope walking over Niagara Falls and the Grand Canyon. Like those feats, the walk over the Chicago River will be broadcast live; The Discovery Channel will air Skyscraper Live in more than 200 countries on Nov. 2.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
St. Charles Clean as a Whisker grand opening offers free pet grooming Oct 27, 2014 4:12 PM
Clean as a Whisker Pet Grooming is set to open Monday, Nov. 3, at 322 W. Main St. in downtown St. Charles. As a grand opening special, they are offering free grooming for their new clientele. Ongoing specials will be $5 walk-in nail trims with no appointment necessary.
Kids learn about nature and stewardship in Mighty Acorns Oct 27, 2014 6:56 PM
Thirteen sixth-graders grabbed their journals and sat down ready to learn more about the environment during the Mighty Acorns program, offered by The Conservation Foundation in partnership with the Boys and Girls Club of Elgin.
Chicago Pet Show comes to St Charles Nov. 8-9 Oct 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Join the fifth annual Chicago Pet Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles. Looking for pet services? Meet local vets, talk to food vendors, hang out with vet chiropractors, and find holistic methods available for your furry, feathery or scaly friends.
Deadline for St. Charles’ Electric Christmas Parade entries due Oct. 27 Oct 24, 2014 2:26 PM
Businesses and organizations are invited to participate in the Electric Christmas Parade on Saturday, Nov. 29. The parade steps off at 5:30 p.m. on Main Street. Those interested in taking part in the parade are encouraged to return completed forms as soon as possible as the Downtown St. Charles Partnership is now accepting entries through Monday, Oct. 27.
Illinois Brass Band joins Veterans Celebration Concert at St. Charles North Oct 23, 2014 12:41 PM
St. Charles North High School will present the eighth annual Veterans Celebration Concert saluting the men and women of the armed services at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 11. This year’s concert will also feature special guests, the Illinois Brass Band, under the direction of Stephen Squires.
Fall fashion show to aid CASA Kane County Oct 23, 2014 12:57 PM
On Wednesday, Oct. 29, join CASA Kane County for a fall fashion show, featuring Jane Pabon Boutique’s models showing the newest trends, at Wildwood Restaurant in Geneva. All proceeds benefit CASA Kane County and the nearly 600 abused and neglected children they serve.
Holiday cards to support the Leukemia Research Foundation Oct 22, 2014 6:32 PM
The Leukemia Research Foundation announces its annual Holiday Card Sale. This year’s catalog includes cards for many occasions — and all can be customized. Cards for birthdays, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and the New Year are available in many styles from general to business, religious, multicultural, progressive and more. The cards can be personalized and customers are able to customize verses. Cards range in style from a watercolor reproduction to traditional holiday scenes.
Dealership employees to help out at Habitat site; auto dealer to donate 2014 car Oct 23, 2014 1:44 PM
On Sunday, Oct. 26, a dozen volunteers from Fox Valley Auto Group will join in demolishing a fire-damaged home in Aurora for the Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity. Volunteers from dealerships in St. Charles, West Chicago and Schaumburg are expected for the first of two consecutive Sundays of deconstruction at the 911 W. Galena Blvd. site from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Residents: Dangerous Route 58 intersection needs light
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- Schofield, Carmel return to form against Palatine
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email email@example.com (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.