Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Libertyville Township
Older, younger students team up on gingerbreak house projects at Rockland School Dec 21, 2013 12:00 AM
First-graders armed with frosting, graham crackers and candy teamed up with their fifth grade book buddies to make gingerbread houses at Rockland Elementary School in Libertyville.
Carolers bring Christmas cheer to District 128 office in decades-old tradition Dec 20, 2013 12:00 AM
Continuing a tradition that goes back at least 30 years, Vernon Hills High School students sang Christmas carols at the district office Friday morning. The 24 teenagers, wearing matching blue-and-silver scarves and hats to reflect the school's colors, performed a cappella songs both classic and modern. The audience loved every note. “It really starts our holiday,” administrative assistant Fran Wohlrab said.
New twists in plan to convert former Libertyville High Dec 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Libertyville voters will be asked in March whether they would approve a tax hike to pay for up to $11.5 million in bonds to be issued by the village to rehab the former Libertyville High School into a community center. The project includes a higher estimated price and aspects that are different from what originally was envisioned. “There could be some pushback from seniors and the Civic Center board.” Mayor Terry Weppler said.
Highland Symphonic Orchestra plays seasonal favorites Dec 13, 2013 12:00 AM
Highland Middle School's Highland Symphonic Orchestra brought cheer to Libertyville elementary students as they played a selection of seasonal favorites on Friday.
Dancers entertain and educate at Libertyville High School Dec 12, 2013 12:00 AM
Members of the Thodos Dance Chicago company performed an array of pieces for students from Libertyville and Vernon Hills high schools Thursday. The visit was part of a two-part project that also has a Thodos choreographer working with Libertyville High students on pieces they will perform later in the year.
Libertyville High School flood repairs approved Dec 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Eight months after a subbasement at Libertyville High School flooded during heavy rains, the District 128 board has approved a $650,000 repair plan. The Stuckey Construction Co. of Waukegan will perform the work during the upcoming winter break.
Leaky pipe, bad smell to be fixed at Libertyville High Dec 9, 2013 12:00 AM
An enormous generator will provide heat for Libertyville High School while crews fix a leaky steampipe, District 128 officials said Monday.
Dist. 128 board meets today Dec 8, 2013 12:00 AM
The Libertyville-Vernon Hills Area High School District 128 board will meet today to discuss staffing changes, a plan to fix flooding at Libertyville High School and other issues.
Dist. 70 holds fundraiser for tornado, typhoon victims Dec 5, 2013 12:00 AM
Libertyville Elementary District 70 is holding a fundraiser, “Sheltering From the Storm,” to help downstate Illinois residents hurt by a recent tornado, as well as Filipinos left devastated by a recent typhoon. Coin collection buckets are set up until Dec. 13 at the five district schools and in the administration office, 1381 W. Lake St.
Libertyville High School students help area charities Dec 4, 2013 12:00 AM
Twenty Libertyville High School student council members and teachers spent Wednesday morning forming a human food chain as they moved hundreds of boxes person-to-person from storage areas inside the building to Libertyville Township trucks.
Abbott recalls blood glucose test strips Nov 29, 2013 12:00 AM
Abbott Laboratories is recalling some of its FreeStyle and FreeStyle Lite blood glucose test strips because they could produce incorrect readings.
Abbott named top dealmaker for sixth consecutive year Nov 19, 2013 12:00 AM
The Deal, a business unit of TheStreet, has named Abbott Laboratories as one of its Most Admired Corporate Dealmakers for the sixth consecutive year. Abbott was recognized by The Deal as the best all-around dealmaker in health care.
Trail connection would improve regional access for northwest Libertyville area Nov 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Libertyville Township is considering a link to improve access to a regional bike trail system and the Independence Grove Forest Preserve. The township has hired a firm to produce exhibits in advance of a public open house. "We're just starting a conversation," said Kathleen O’Connor, township supervisor. "We kind of want to get the public’s input from the beginning."
Copeland Manor students get chemistry lesson Nov 15, 2013 12:00 AM
What do you get when you mix baking soda with citric acid and water? A pretty cool class. Copeland Manor fifth grade students got a chance to learn about chemistry Thursday by mixing chemicals to create various substances during a science program called Kids in Chemistry at the Libertyville school.
District 128 panel meets Nov 3, 2013 12:00 AM
The Libertyville-Vernon Hills Area High School District 128 board’s program and personnel committee will meet Monday to discuss student report card data, the school calendar and other issues.
Culinary fundraiser in Dist. 128: Nov 1, 2013 12:00 AM
The District 128 Foundation for Learning invites the community to attend a culinary fundraiser called Food for Thought. The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15, at Café Pyrenees, 1762 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
Mundelein teacher could get plea deal in 2010 molestation case Oct 23, 2013 12:00 AM
The three-year-old case against a former West Oak Middle School teacher accused of molesting a 14-year-old student may be close to wrapping up, attorneys said Wednesday. A negotiated plea deal is expected to be presented to Lake County Judge Victoria Rossetti by Dec. 6, in the case against former teacher Nicole Jacobsen, 42, who is charged with molesting the student in a classroom following a middle school volleyball game in May 2010, attorneys said.
Abbott 3Q profit beats Wall Street estimates Oct 16, 2013 12:00 AM
Abbott Laboratories Inc. said Wednesday that its net income fell more than 50 percent in the third quarter because of the spinoff of its branded drug business, but the results from remaining operations beat Wall Street expectations. The company also raised its dividend 57 percent to 22 cents per share, sending shares higher in morning trading.
True costs of converting old high school into a community center being assessed Oct 10, 2013 12:00 AM
A fact-finding group in Libertyville is drilling into the costs of converting the former Libertyville Township High School into a community center. Taxpayers on March 18 will be asked whether they want to raise taxes for the project. “The whole purpose is what are realistic numbers for the taxpayers and what can we expect,” said Mayor Terry Weppler.
Lea to lead regional group: Oct 1, 2013 12:00 AM
Libertyville-Vernon Hills Area High School District 128 Superintendent Prentiss Lea was elected president of the Mid-America Association of School Superintendents.
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Elgin officials: Despite glitch, July 4 celebration a success
- Elgin city manager a finalist for Iowa job
- 5 reasons U.S. economy outpacing rest of world
- Fire damages Long Grove home
- Car hits house in Elk Grove Village
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service -Now Hiring Managers and Crew for a new McDonalds in Lake Zurich on 123 Quentin RD. Immediate Interviews on Monday and Thursday 9am-5pm at 653 Rand Rd in Lake Zurich. (id:4377366) CNA'S - CNAs part time wknds or full time on wknd-only program. Ask about our EXCITING new wknd incentives. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler, at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St., Des Plaines, IL ph: 847-635-4000 fax: 847-827-5796 (id:4378623) A/R BILLING & COLLECTIONS - Accounts Receivable -Elk Grove Contractor seeks talented individual to integrate into busy office environment & perform: Billing, A/R, Collections. Will work closely with Service & New Construction Dpts. Minimum related work history of 5 yrs a must. Req'd to possess strg computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office & QuickBooks. Knowledge of Construction billing & AIA con-tracts preferable. The right candidate will establish their own workflow to meet demand- ing daily needs. Exc. pay/bene- fits. resume email@example.com (id:4377060)
- SR ART DIRECTOR - Senior Art Director Sr Art Director (Print, Display, Retail Design, Merchandising Design & Digital): With Copywriter, develop bold, strategic & award-winning creative print, display & digital advertising campaign components from concept to execution. Duties: generate creative concepts & develop advertising art across all shopper touchpoints, incl print/digital, retail messaging/merch; present concepts, refine/develop ideas; review through prod; mock up graphics w/verbal/email/sketch direction; lead/collaborate with photogs, retouching houses, etc.; attend/lead dvlpmt mtgs; manage schedules. Lead jr members of team. Chicago loop loc. Req's B.A. in Design, Communication Design or related & 2 yrs exp as ad agency Art Director on print & digital projects. Exp must incl a) designing Retail Marketing comms/messaging solutions, b) application of theory/practices of retail design, & c) Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, MS Powerpoint, Keynote & Mac. College must have incl'd 2 courses in Typography & 1 course in Illustration or work exp must have incl'd 2 yrs in Typography & 1 yr in Illustration. Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 W Wacker Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com EOE (id:4379055) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) JOB FAIR - In House Job Fair Hiring for: Residential Sales Representative In House Job Fair Wednesday, July 9th 6:00pm -8:00pm 1030 National Parkway Schaumburg, IL 60173 Interested applicants, apply via www.wowwway.com (id:4377233)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.