Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Libertarian Party
Judge rules Libertarian candidate can be on ballot Sep 18, 2014 5:37 PM
A Sangamon County judge on Thursday rejected the Republican Party’s attempt to have a Libertarian candidate for Illinois governor struck from the Nov. 4 ballot.
GOP appeal seeks to knock Libertarian off ballot Sep 17, 2014 11:08 PM
A Sangamon County judge is considering an appeal by Republican attorneys to remove a Libertarian candidate for Illinois governor from the November ballot. Circuit Judge Patrick Kelley heard arguments Wednesday in Springfield over the appeal, in which the GOP attorneys question the validity of the voter signatures Chad Grimm, a Lake Zurich High School alumnus now living in Peoria, gathered to get on the ballot. Grimm could draw votes that otherwise would go to Republican candidate Bruce Rauner. Attorneys representing the Libertarians had asked a judge to dismiss the case, arguing the Sangamon County court did not have proper jurisdiction. The court overruled that motion on the grounds that the State Board of Elections meeting was held via video conference in Springfield as well as in Chicago. The State Board of Elections decided last month to allow Grimm to appear on the ballot alongside Rauner and Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn. At the same time, the board ruled that Green Party, Constitution and Independent candidates should not be included on the ballot because the parties gathered too few valid signatures. Democratic Party attorneys had challenged the validity of the signatures for the Green candidate, who could have taken votes away from Quinn.
Libertarian allowed on gubernatorial ballot Aug 22, 2014 8:35 PM
The Illinois State Board of Elections voted Friday that Libertarian candidates for governor and lieutenant governor can appear on the ballot Nov. 4.
Rand Paul to deliver tea party response to Obama Feb 8, 2013 4:27 PM
The Tea Party Express, one of the largest organizations in the movement, said Friday that Kentucky senator Rand Paul will deliver its response to the state of the union speech.
System broken for enforcing campaign finance rules Sep 24, 2011 4:00 AM
A Daily Herald editorial says the state elections board must do a better job of collecting the fines it levies for violations of campaign finance rules. Otherwise, its existence is pointless.
Giannoulias talks up Libertarian in attempt to siphon votes from Kirk Feb 8, 2011 3:23 PM
An Oak Brook Libertarian candidate for U.S. Senate got a boost Thursday from an unlikely source - Democrat Senate candidate Alexi Giannoulias, who gave props to Mike Labno while predicting his Republican opponent will fall victim to tea party wrath.
Carpentersville man wants to make run as Libertarian in 14th District Mar 25, 2010 12:01 AM
Doug Marks spent 2008 and much of 2009 in an immersion experience with what he quickly came to see as problems in the United States that need fixing.
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- Ponzi scheme nets N. Barrington man 25-year sentence
- Hall of Fame conversations with an old St. Charles friend
- Lawmakers: COD should be punished for Breuder buyout
- Mom says son charged with murder was frustrated with living arrangements
- COD board again approves Breuder deal, despite outcry
- 26 apply for vacant Palatine District 15 seat
- Wauconda candidates spar over local political unrest
- Bloomingdale man wins 'Biggest Loser'
- Hoffman Estates candidates debate future of Sears
- Two men arrested in Mount Prospect shooting
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Lake Co. authorities find children kidnapped in 2006
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Sears lays off more than 100 workers
- ISU student from Crystal Lake dies; Lombard man charged
- Blackhawks' Shaw hoping to stay out of the doghouse
- PAYROLL - Payroll Employee Needed. Salary 35K-45K. Full time, twelve month position. Start immediately. Apply online at www.asd4.org under employment. (id:4395657) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: email@example.com (id:4396257) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565)
- SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396295) CASHIER / STOCK - PT Stock/Cashier nights and weekends. Garfield's Beverage Warehouse Barrington/ Palatine. 847-387-3676 or 847-359-0400 (id:4396177)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.