Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Leusch, John
Hindenburg excited about volleyball future at New Orleans Dec 15, 2014 5:12 PM
Back in the early days of Fremd girls volleyball, Lane Hindenburg’s mother Sue was an outside hitter for the Vikings’ varsity team. Standing 5-foot-8, Sue was the tallest player on the team. “Volleyball has definitely changed,” she said. And Sue’s daughter Lane sure changed a lot of matches in favor of the Vikings for the past four seasons with her powerful spiking abilities. The 6-foot outside hitter developed into one of the top attackers in the Mid-Suburban League over the last four seasons and recently made a commitment to play Division I volleyball at the University of New Orleans, where she plans to study psychology.
Stevenson grad Ohnsted is on his game for Augsburg Dec 15, 2014 5:22 PM
Mack Ohnsted has played a key role for the Augsburg men’s hockey team in its hot start to the 2014-15 season. The Stevenson High School graduate led the Auggies’ offense with a 3-point weekend (2 goals, 1 assist) when Augsburg (Minneapolis, Minn.) split with No. 13-ranked Saint John’s. In the win, the junior forward had the overtime game-winning goal over the Johnnies. For his performance, Ohnsted won the MIAC men’s hockey athlete of the week award.
Support aplenty for Wheeling’s May Dec 8, 2014 8:54 PM
When talking about Steve May, Wheeling girls athletic director Don Rowley quickly points out how well respected the school’s assistant/principal of students activities is by his peers. That will be quite evident on Dec. 16, when May is honored in National Harbor, Md., during the banquet at the 45th annual National Athletic Directors Conference. May is one of 10 individuals who have made outstanding contributions to interscholastic athletics and have been named recipients of the 2014 Distinguished Service Awards given by the National Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association.
Sabatello impressing with Purdue Dec 8, 2014 8:56 PM
Danny Sabatello enjoyed one of the finest weeks of his collegiate wrestling career and received accolades from the Big Ten. The former Stevenson wrestler, now a 133-pound competitor for Purdue, was named the conference’s co-wrestler of the week.
Armour still making a difference for Parkside Dec 1, 2014 3:17 PM
Kelsey Armour began her high school career in style, being named all-conference as a freshman at Warren High School. Eight years later, she was still enjoying success in her final year of collegiate soccer. Armour, Wisconsin-Parkside’s senior captain this fall, finished her career with a Rangers team that was ranked third in the nation for Division II. Armour had 5 goals and 4 assists for Parkside which went undefeated in the Great Lakes Valley Conference and won the league tournament.
Boldog’s volleyball raid extends overseas Dec 1, 2014 3:15 PM
Once a Pirate, always a Pirate. It seems to have worked out that way for former Palatine all-area volleyball standout BJ Boldog. He is now making a living playing the sport professionally for Chemie Volley Mitteldeutschland in Germany. The club goes by the nickname of the Pirates.
LaTulip courting success at Illinois Nov 24, 2014 11:49 AM
Illinois junior basketball walk-on Mike LaTulip, who usually plays a few minutes when games are decided, has seen extended minutes in the Illini’s last two contests. The former Prospect standout tied his career high with 7 points against Coppin State, then collected 9 points in eight minutes during a 107-66 win against Austin Peay at State Farm Center.
Stevenson’s Weisman in the running for Burlsworth Trophy Nov 24, 2014 11:47 AM
Mark Weisman walked on to the University of Iowa’s football team. Once there, he never stopped running. The senior running back is now part of an elite group. A Stevenson High School product from Buffalo Grove, Weisman is one of 10 semifinalists for the 2014 Burlsworth Trophy. The award is presented annually to the most outstanding football player in America who began his career as a walk-on. Three finalists are expected to be announced Tuesday and the award will be presented Monday, Dec. 8.
Hollingsworth adds to honors at Wheaton College Nov 17, 2014 4:31 PM
Marshall Hollingsworth made some history this fall. The former Libertyville Wildcat became the first College Conference of Illinois & Wisconsin in league history to win both the CCIW Newcomer (2012) and ‘Player of the Year’ awards. Hollingsworth is the 21st Wheaton player to win the award since the conference began the honor in 1989.
Hailey courts all-conference success at Carthage Nov 17, 2014 4:30 PM
While her high school alma mater was enjoying a championship season in volleyball, Bria Hailey was doing the same in college this fall. Hailey, a former Schaumburg Saxon, now plays middle blocker for Carthage College and she was named to the College Conference of Wisconsin & Illinois first team. Schaumburg enjoyed championships in the Mid-Suburban West and the regional this fall under coach Jeanette Pancratz, who played a key role in Hailey’s decision to attend Carthage. Hailey helped the Lady Reds to a school record regular-season 35-3 record and league championship.
Grand finale at Lewis for Vernon Hills’ Choi Nov 10, 2014 1:53 PM
Amy Choi is going out in style in her fifth year on the Lewis University women’s volleyball team. The former Vernon Hills standout, who redshirted in 2013, has been named to the 2014 Women’s Volleyball Capital One Academic All-District 4 Team. Choi graduated with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and a minor in computer science last year with a 3.90 GPA. She is currently pursuing her graduate degree in information security.
Wimer takes his spot in Palatine’s Hall of Fame Nov 10, 2014 1:47 PM
One of the finest swimmers and water polo players to attend Palatine High School recently received his dues when he was inducted into the school’s athletic Hall of Fame. Dan Wimer was a Mid-Suburban League champion five times with four sectional championships. He was an eight-time state finalist and set multiple school records, capping his career by winning the 50-yard freestyle in the state finals his senior year.
O’Brien honored for powering Palatine diving Nov 3, 2014 11:58 AM
When coach Donna O’Brien arrived at Palatine High School in 1983, the Pirates’ swim team was not exactly known for its prolific divers. But once Donna O’Brien dove into things, a lot changed. O’Brien not only built the program from the ground up, she turned it into a powerhouse. She was recently honored for her accomplishments by being inducted in the Palatine Athletic Hall of Fame.
Lake Zurich grad Walding giving Northeastern a big assist Nov 3, 2014 11:58 AM
When she played for Lake Zurich’s girls volleyball team, Kristen Walding was referred to as an assist machine. She is still making her teammates look good — now at Northeastern University in Boston, Mass. After earning her seventh double-double of the season in a thrilling five-set win against Elon University (N.C), Walding was named CAA Rookie of the Week. The freshman setter collected 54 assists, averaging 6.75 per set and netted 20 digs as well as 7 kills in two weekend matches.
Stevenson’s Radtke making an impact at NIU Oct 27, 2014 2:50 PM
Lake County fans saw former Stevenson standout Jenna Radtke collect plenty of blocks at the net during her career as a Patriot. So it should come as no surprise that for the second time in her collegiate career, Radtke has been honored for her defensive prowess. The Northern Illinois sophomore was named the Mid-American Conference’s West Division ‘defensive player of the week’. She also earned the selection on the week of Nov. 11, 2013.
Prospect’s Karz warms to collegiate baseball future Oct 27, 2014 2:26 PM
Prospect senior Lucas Karz has already thought about his first winter in college. “I won’t need to shovel the driveway in the winter,” he said with a smile. Instead, he will probably be gripping a baseball bat during those months. That’s because Karz, thanks to his baseball skills, will be attending Presbyterian College in South Carolina.
Stevenson’s Miller helping Illinois get in the swing Oct 20, 2014 5:15 PM
Stephanie Miller, the two-time high school girls golf state champion from Stevenson, now swings her clubs for the University of Illinois. And she is helping the Illini swing into gear during its fall campaign. Illini coach Renee Slone’s team brought home its second tournament title in as many weeks by winning three rounds of match play at the Hoosier Fall Invitational in Noblesville, Ind. On the final day, Illinois squared off against Fresno State for the championship of the match-play style event. Miller came back from an earlier loss to top Samantha Spencer 3 and 2.
Fairfield’s in the future for Schaumburg’s Akinola Oct 20, 2014 5:09 PM
When Oyinkan Akinola made the trip to Connecticut to visit Fairfield University this past July, she was quite a distance from her home in the northwest suburbs. “But when I was there, it felt like home,” said the Schaumburg senior who is the leading attacker for the Saxons with her explosive arm swing. Fairfield will eventually become her home after she graduates from Schaumburg next May. The 5-foot-10 senior committed this summer to the Stags’ Division I volleyball program and coach Todd Kress, who has an overall record of 328-239 and was the second youngest coach in NCAA history with 200 career wins. Kress previously was the head coach at Buffalo and Florida State.
Grayslake North’s Steinhoff nets weekly honor at Concordia Oct 14, 2014 4:13 PM
Junior Liz Steinhoff of Chicago-Concordia University was honored by the school as an Athlete of the Week for her work on the tennis courts against Lakeland College. The 2012 graduate of Grayslake North High School defeated Shyenne Gennette 6-4, 6-2 in No. 2 singles as the Cougars won the meet, 8-1.
Krzysko quickly a hit in Arkansas’ lineup Oct 15, 2014 1:56 PM
It was less than two years ago when area softball fans were watching one of the all-time best displays of home run hitting. Loren Krzysko became Barrington’s all-time home run hitter in the spring of 2012 when the 2012 Daily Herald all-area honorary softball captain belted a school-record 18 and finished her career with 42. Both numbers rank No. 9 on the all-time IHSA list.Krzysko is now a redshirt freshman for Arkansas, which opened its fall softball season 10 days ago. Guess her hit the first homer of the season for the Razorbacks? In the second game of a doubleheader with Oklahoma State, Krzysko had 4 hits including a homer as the Razorbacks won 14-5 to gain a split with the Razorbacks.
- Suburban districts get funding boost for preschool programs
- Community decries board member's 'no gay' remarks
- Libya: Fighting closes largest oil export terminal
- Hawthorn Woods wants to get it right on Route 53 recommendation
- Aurora fire, pipe burst damages high-rise units
- Video helps refugee share his story with Glen Ellyn classmates
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- Craig Ferguson to bring tour to suburbs
- Memorial service for Topinka set for Wednesday
- For Cubs and Lester, it was perfect timing
- Stevenson students caught in sexting investigation
- Rozner: NIU expansion plan leads to Big 12 talk
- Are Bears more embarrassing on, off field?
- Bears GM addresses Kromer situation
- Fire battalion chief terminated
- Bears' season continues to take on water
- Couple charged after Crystal Lake drug raid
- Flu coming earlier, harsher than last year
- Rauner: State agencies say they'll run out of money
- Barrington player's mock highlight reel goes viral
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service -Get your career moving join our team today! Handling Company is looking for Passenger Service Agents for international/domestic operations at O'Hare Intl Airport. Full-Time and Part-Time positions available. Benefits. Apply in person at 515 Express Center Dr, Chicago IL 60666 or on-line www.tasinc.aero (id:4393675) ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - Assistant Maintenance Engineer Full-time position for 300-unit, 32 acre senior apart-apartment community in Elk Grove Village. Experience with boiler heat and turning apartments mandatory. Fax or email resume. Fax 847-593-4283. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393303) ORDER ENTRY OFFICE ASSISTANT - Immediate PT Order Entry in Wood Dale. $12-hr + FT potential. Quickbooks exp preferred. email@example.com (id:4393448)
- EDUCATION - SUBSTITUTES NEEDED Community Unit School District 200 District 200 is seeking sub teachers and teaching asst. to serve grades PreK-12 in the Wheaton/Warrenville area. Salary: $85/day Sub Teacher $10.25/hr. Sub Teach Asst. Online Application: www.cusd200.org (id:4393586) INVENTORY TAKER PT - Inventory Taker PT -in NW Chicago. No exp. nec. Must be at least 18 & have reliable transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349. www.rgisinv.com keyword dist057 (id:4392729) MOLDING SUPERVISOR - Production -3rd shift injection Molding Supervisor. Supervise 3 operators and one material handler. Work schedule: Mon-Thurs 10:30pm -6:15am, Friday 10:30pm -7am. Air conditioned shop. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393349)
- PT OFFICE TECH - VILLAGE OF GLENDALE HEIGHTS PART-TIME OFFICE TECHNICIAN GLENDALE LAKES GOLF CLUB The Glendale Lakes Golf Club is accepting applications for a part-time Office Technician. The schedule for this position is Monday through Sunday with varying days and shifts as needed by the facility. This is a 20-25 hour per week position. The part-time Office Technician performs routine clerical work in answering telephones, receiving and responding to the public both verbally and in writing, providing customer assistance, cashiering, data processing, data entry, bookkeeping and filing as well as general office and clerical work. Graduation from High School or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, reception, answering telephones, data entry, accounting and bookkeeping, and two years of responsible related clerical experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent computer and customer service skills and also have the ability to interact with the public and a diverse population of business and professional clients. Applicants will be tested on MS Office skills (Excel and Word), customer service skills and their typing speed and accuracy rate (35 wpm minimum). HOW TO APPLY Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and a Village of Glendale Heights employment application to: Village of Glendale Heights Attention: Human Resources Division 300 Civic Center Plaza Glendale Heights, Illinois 60139 All job offers are conditional upon the satisfactory outcome of pre-employment drug testing and a complete background investigation. Employees are required to have their permanent residency within a 15 mile radius of the Village. Posted 11-4-14; applications being accepted until position is filled. An Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4392743) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Administrative Assistant Arl Hts Contractor seeks detail oriented admin to assist our project managers -typing, copying, scanning, filing, file-maintenance, email, purchase order entry and related document follow-up. Will also handle work comp, gen liab & auto claims w/our ins carriers. Receive initial claim info, review w exec/mgmt, enter claims online, paper & elec filing, maintain internal incident & OSHA logs. Attend claim review and safety meetings along with various other safety projects and functions. Other resp may incl EEO docs, I-Pass replenishment & vehicle registrations, purchasing printed materials and office supplies. Ability to use outlook, excel & word is required. Insurance experience is highly preferred. Salary commensurate with exp, benefits. Email resume to email@example.com (id:4393509) FIRST PRESSMAN - Leading provider of commercial printing and direct mail services seeks an experienced First Pressman to: (1) set up and operate all types of full web printing equipment (36 inches or wider); (2) ensure production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting company performance standards, customer specifications and delivery requirements; (3) find innovative solutions to problems and look for opportunities to improve processes and outcomes; and (4) train and develop other Pressroom employees. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4393599)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.