Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lakewood
Crystal Lake teen identified as Lakewood crash victim Oct 19, 2014 5:20 PM
The woman killed Saturday in a fiery rollover crash in Lakewood has been identified as 19-year-old Jacquelyn Paulson of Crystal Lake. McHenry County Coroner Anne Majewski announced Sunday morning that an autopsy is scheduled for today to determine the cause and manner of Paulson’s death.
Crystal Lake teen killed in Lakewood crash Oct 19, 2014 3:36 PM
The woman killed Saturday in a fiery rollover crash in Lakewood has been identified as 19-year-old Jacquelyn Paulson of Crystal Lake. McHenry County Coroner Anne Majewski announced Sunday morning that an autopsy is scheduled for Monday to determine the cause and manner of Paulson’s death.
Bethany Lutheran welcomes Lyric Opera contralto Gwendolyn Brown Oct. 12 Oct 6, 2014 5:12 PM
Renowned opera singer Gwendolyn Brown will perform as part of the Bethany Arts Series at 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 12, at Bethany Lutheran Church in Crystal Lake. Brown will make her debut this fall season with the Chicago Lyric Opera as Maria in Gershwin’s “Porgy and Bess.” Other recent operatic appearances include covering Queenie in “Showboat” with both the Lyric Opera of Chicago and the Washington National Opera in 2013.
MAV Music Leadership Award nominations now open Sep 19, 2014 7:15 PM
The McHenry County Music Center recently announced that nominations for the fourth annual Marie Ann Vos Music Leadership Award are now being accepted. Marie Ann Vos was the founder of MCMC and this award was created in her name to honour this achievement and more.
Woodstock Theatre completes construction with ‘Big Ticket Tear’ ceremony Jul 10, 2014 3:58 PM
Woodstock city staff and mayor, as well as executives from the Woodstock Chamber of Commerce, joined with the management and owners of the Woodstock Theatre in marking the grand opening of the renovated and expanded theater.
Afternoon of Music and Song was a success! Jun 30, 2014 4:18 PM
On June 25, Anthony Kawalkowski, often called the "young Andre Rieu," brought to the Listening Room in Crystal Lake an afternoon of high quality music and entertainment.
Elgin lieutenant to become police chief in Lakewood Jun 20, 2014 1:17 PM
If it hadn't been for a client who was accused of murdering her husband 22 years ago, Elgin Police Lt. Leigh Rawson, then a lawyer, would have never joined the police force. Rawson retired Thursday after 20 years in Elgin to become the new police chief in Lakewood.
‘the Listening Room’ at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park Presents: “A Night of Light” with Annie Sander and Shawn Christopher May 30, 2014 2:26 PM
At 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, two local Christian artists, Annie Sander and Shawn Christopher, will perform in the Listening Room at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake. These artists combine their passion for R&B, soul and contemporary Christian music to inspire all music lovers. These Chicago artists also share a single focus; the eradication of human trafficking both domestically and abroad. “A Night of Light” is an intimate evening of music where the artists will combine their passion of music to motivate others toward awareness and action. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. To reserve your tickets today, visit www.LakesideLegacy.org or call (815) 455-8000.
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park hosts local art show on June First Friday May 28, 2014 6:41 PM
Lakeside Legacy Arts Park at the Historic Dole Mansion in Crystal Lake hosts a monthly art show called First Friday that is the perfect, local event. The public is welcome at the upcoming showcase on Friday, June 6, from 5 to 8 p.m., which is free to attend but donations are appreciated, as Lakeside is a 501(c)3 charitable organization.
Voices in Harmony accepting new members May 22, 2014 1:19 PM
Page 2 Voices in Harmony, a community choir, is accepting new members for their summer concert season.
Voices in Harmony accepting new members May 15, 2014 4:15 PM
Voices in Harmony is accepting new members for their summer concert season.
Woodstock Theatre Debuts Expanded Party Room! May 6, 2014 5:28 PM
The Woodstock Theatre has opened an adjoining party room perfect for celebrating your child’s next birthday at the movies. The party room can now accommodate two small parties or one large bash for up to 24 guests. Plan a birthday party in one of the bright and cheerful party rooms, and watch your child’s eye light up when they get to actually start the movies in the projection booth! Located at 209 Main Street, the Woodstock Theatre offers the Woodstock Theatre Birthday Party Package starting at $11 per guest. This price includes movie admission as well as a Kiddie Concession Combo containing a drink, fruit snacks and popcorn.
Compassion4Campers seeks volunteers to feed, aid homeless May 5, 2014 4:01 PM
Compassion4Campers, the program which supports homeless PADS clients while the church-based rotating shelter sites are shut down for the warmer months, is gearing up for a third year of service and is seeking volunteers to help out.
Son arrested in Algonquin Township couple's 2006 slayings Jan 17, 2014 12:42 PM
More than seven years after he told authorities he found his parents murdered in their Cary-area home, a former Algonquin man is behind bars in a Nevada jail facing charges he killed the couple. Michael Romano, 54, was arrested Tuesday in Las Vegas after a McHenry County grand jury indicted him on four counts of first-degree murder stemming from the slayings of Nick and Gloria Romano.
Husband of ex-Grafton official found not guilty of battery Jan 15, 2014 6:02 PM
The husband of Grafton Township's ex-supervisor has been found not guilty of a dust-up that involved a former township trustee. David Moore, 51, of Huntley, had been charged with misdemeanor battery in 2010 after police said he shoved then-Township Trustee Gerry McMahon.
Voices in Harmony accepting new members Jan 6, 2014 4:31 PM
Voices in Harmony, a community choir, is accepting new members for their "Season of Passion: Hope Eternal" concert on April 13.
A look at the Fox Valley’s biggest news stories in 2013 Dec 26, 2013 10:31 AM
The year 2013 saw at least a half dozen court cases across the Fox Valley came to an end, turnover in key political positions, progress on several construction projects and important property acquisitions. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair also made a trip across the pond to speak to a select group at Judson University and Batavia rejoiced when after more than 100 years its football team won the Class 6A state football championship. Those stories and the others that follow, had all of us talking.
Huntley offering temporary rides to Sun City seniors Nov 27, 2013 5:07 PM
Huntley has inked a deal with a local cab company to temporarily offer rides to seniors living in both Rutland and Hampshire townships. In doing so, those accustomed to riding Grafton Township’s buses won’t see a break in service — Grafton leaders terminated the bus rides effective Friday and the cab service starts the following day.
Will Huntley hire taxi service for Rutland riders? Nov 26, 2013 6:00 PM
While Grafton Township officials are still on track to eliminate bus service for Rutland Township’s senior and disabled riders Saturday, they are hopeful Huntley leaders pick up the slack. At the same time, Huntley’s youngest trustee has made a proposal to keep the service going for a year.
Could special tax be answer to Rutland’s bus woes? Nov 15, 2013 5:30 AM
Even though the Rutland Township board refused to make a decision on financing bus service for its senior and disabled residents, Township Supervisor Margaret Sanders isn’t giving up just yet. At the same time, officials from Huntley and the Sun City subdivision have no interest in starting their own bus system, but in Sun City’s case, officials are figuring out how to help the 130 Rutland residents who won’t have transportation after Nov. 30.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Dawn Patrol: Cold Halloween weather coming; Neuqua Valley to reopen
- Glen Ellyn students' costumes are saintly, not scary
- How does Google Maps find out about traffic delays?
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- Glenbard West wins third consecutive regional title
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- St. Charles East completes trifecta against Waubonsie Valley
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.