Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lake in the Hills
Nov. 7: Veterans Day Ceremony and Welcome Home Fair at CLC Oct 28, 2014 3:44 PM
The annual Veterans Day Ceremony will be held at noon on Friday, Nov. 7 in Room C005 (C Wing Auditorium) on the Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington Street. New this year is a Veteran and Military Welcome Home Benefit Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., also cosponsored by the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center.
Nov. 14-22: CLC Theatre presents ‘Crimes of the Heart’ Oct 28, 2014 3:51 PM
“Crimes of the Heart” by Beth Henley will be presented by the College of Lake County Theatre department Nov. 14, 15, 20, 21 and 22 at 7:30 p.m. and Nov. 16 at 2 p.m. in the Studio Theatre of the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake.
MCC welcomes NIU choir Cor Cantiamo for concert Oct 28, 2014 3:40 PM
McHenry County College will host a choral concert featuring Cor Cantiamo, the Northern Illinois University School of Music Ensemble in Residence, at 4 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2. Cor Contiamo will perform “Inspirited: A Concert Exploring the Divine,” directed by Eric A. Johnson, the ensemble’s founding artistic director.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Get tickets now for Literacy Connection’s 30th anniversary celebration Oct 28, 2014 8:30 PM
The Literacy Connection is hosting its 30th anniversary celebration and fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency provides free literacy tutoring to adults in our community, and the tutor training teaches volunteers to help their neighbors learn to read, write, speak and understand English better. RSVP or make a gift by Oct. 29.
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Follow the progress of 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train project Oct 29, 2014 10:03 PM
At 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 2, the Dundee Township Historical Society welcomes William Werst, executive director of the the 2015 Lincoln Funeral Train. After President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated in 1865, his body and that of his son Willie were returned to Illinois for burial in Springfield.
Clearbrook Cuisine Curbs Suburban Appetites Oct 27, 2014 7:27 AM
AOIIs “Focus on College” on Nov. 12 in Prospect Heights
MCC seeks presenters, vendors for Child’s World Conference Oct 27, 2014 3:41 PM
McHenry County College is looking for workshop presenters and vendors for the 2014 Child’s World Conference from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, at the college, 8900 Route 14 in Crystal Lake.
Mobile unit offers vascular screening Oct 27, 2014 3:33 PM
Vascular disease is among the leading causes of death in the United States, yet is generally asymptomatic until a catastrophic event occurs, such as a stroke or aneurysm rupture. Although preventive screening is available, millions of Americans at risk for stroke or death from vascular disorders remain unaware of their risk.
Join Howl-O-Ween Bash fundraiser Oct 24, 2014 6:54 PM
Join the “Howl-O-Ween Bash” on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 6 to 10 p.m. This event is hosted by A Heart for Animals and 31 North Banquets. A Heart For Animals is a no-kill nonprofit animal welfare organization. All proceeds from this event will go toward the operating costs involved in the rescues.
Chicago Pet Show comes to St Charles Nov. 8-9 Oct 24, 2014 5:57 PM
Join the fifth annual Chicago Pet Show from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, and Sunday, Nov. 9, in the Prairie Events Center at the Kane County Fairgrounds in St. Charles. Looking for pet services? Meet local vets, talk to food vendors, hang out with vet chiropractors, and find holistic methods available for your furry, feathery or scaly friends.
Woodlands Academy Hosts Open House Nov. 11 Oct 24, 2014 4:06 PM
Learn about the dynamic educational experience at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart during an open house Tuesday, Nov. 11.
2 Dudes and The Duchess review “Altar-Ed: Scenes in a Bridal Shop” Oct 24, 2014 7:55 PM
“2 Dudes and The Duchess,” who host a show Huntley Community Radio 101.5 FM, review the Judson University show "Altar-ed Scenes in a Bridal Shop," now on stage.
How Island Lake cops' heroic actions saved lives Oct 24, 2014 5:11 AM
Island Lake Police Officer Gilbert Hueramo is a walking medicine chest. On Oct 16, he got a chance to put the equipment and his training to use as he and fellow Officer Victoria Gwizdak helped save the lives of two wounded deputies in Holiday Hills. “The most important thing is, whether it's a police officer or a civilian who is wounded, you've gotta stop the bleeding and get them out to a trauma center,” Hueramo said.
Discover ways to reduce your carbon footprint at Green Living Expo Oct 23, 2014 12:53 PM
Discover how to create a more energy efficient household and make your daily routine more earth-friendly at the seventh annual Green Living Expo from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 1, at McHenry County College in Crystal Lake.
Lakeside Legacy Foundation presents ‘Paranormal’ Joe Diamond at the Dole Oct 23, 2014 12:50 PM
At 7 and 9 p.m. Friday, Oct. 31, Joe Diamond will fill the audience with shock and awe from his magic and paranormal skills in the Listening Room at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park in Crystal Lake.
Violence, bullying topics for symposium at MCC Oct 23, 2014 12:45 PM
The 22nd Judicial Circuit Family Violence Coordinating Council in cooperation with McHenry County College will host “All in the Family: Violence and Bullying in the Home, School and Community,” on Wednesday, Oct. 29. The program aims to bring a multidisciplinary approach to educating participants about violence and bullying.
District 47 Bernotas teacher named ‘Teacher of the Month’ Oct 23, 2014 1:30 PM
Home State Bank and McHenry County radio station Star 105.5 honored seventh-grade language arts and social studies teacher Belinda Strebel as “Teacher of the Month” on Sept. 30 at Home State Bank. Strebel was nominated for the award by former student Elena Starcher, who is now an eighth-grader at Bernotas Middle School.
Spring Hill Mall to host Fall Family Festival, visit by Staley Da Bear Oct 22, 2014 6:43 PM
In celebration of the fall season, Spring Hill Mall will host its fifth annual Fall Family Festival featuring family-friendly activities from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25. Parents are invited to bring their children, age 2 to 12, to the mall for an afternoon of fun that includes hayrides, pumpkin decorating, make-and-take crafts, face painting, prizes and more.
- Americans' new way of losing pounds is leaving Weight Watchers behind
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- News media continue to side with liberals
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Time-lapse video: St. Peter Lutheran students form '150'
- A trip back in time
- 5 fun things to do this weekend in the suburbs
- Glenbard West coach, others raising funds to fight Ebola
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
- SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751)
- MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4389520) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.