Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lake in the Hills
Suburban women in politics on Jane Byrne as an inspiration Nov 16, 2014 11:10 AM
Suburban women in politics said Friday they owe a lot to Jane Byrne for making it clear that women, too, could be players in the political arena. “She was an inspiration for me,” former Palatine Mayor Rita Mullins said. “(Her election) gave any woman the idea that it was possible that a woman could be mayor."
ECC named Military Friendly School for fourth consecutive year Nov 13, 2014 7:08 PM
Elgin Community College has been named a Military Friendly School for 2015 by G.I. Jobs magazine, one of the premier publications for people transitioning from the military to civilian life.
The Land Conservancy taking nominations for Living With Trees Award Nov 13, 2014 7:24 PM
The Land Conservancy of McHenry County is taking nominations for its Living With Trees Award through Dec. 15. The program was started to recognize those individuals, businesses, local governments and others who go above and beyond to ensure that our McHenry County community will have oaks in the future.
Spring Hill Mall welcomes Santa Nov. 15 Nov 13, 2014 7:50 PM
Santa arrives at the mall this year at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 15, with Spring Hill Mall’s third annual Santa’s Arrival Parade. Several local organizations will accompany Santa in a parade route around part of Spring Hill Mall ending inside Spring Hill Mall near Santa’s Chalet.
Nonprofit leaders can learn best way to write a grant Nov 13, 2014 12:09 PM
Speak with the leader of any nonprofit organization and you will find that grant development and writing are an important aspects of their job. Grants are the primary avenue to funding for many nonprofit organizations.
MCC lecture explores Sherman’s historic march to the sea Nov 13, 2014 1:53 PM
On Tuesday, Nov. 18, McHenry County College will host Barry Bradford, nationally-recognized speaker and award-winning history teacher, who will present the multimedia presentation “Sherman’s March to the Sea: The Rail of Death and Destruction That Saved the Union.”
Learn to navigate Affordable Care Act enrollment Nov 13, 2014 1:41 PM
The McHenry County Department of Health has scheduled English and Spanish informational presentations at local libraries to discuss insurance enrollment options through the Affordable Care Act. The “Enroll McHenry” open enrollment kickoff will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov, 15, at the Shah Center in McHenry.
Huntley students to perform ‘Shakespeare in Hollywood’ this weekend Nov 12, 2014 9:56 PM
Huntley High School students will present “Shakespeare in Hollywood” by Ken Ludwig at 7 p.m. Thursday to Saturday, Nov. 13-15, and 3 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 16. Directed by Steve Sturm, William Shakespeare’s classic comedy combines with Hollywood’s classic comedy in a night of love, laughter and mistaken identity. It’s 1934, and Shakespeare’s most famous fairies, Oberon and Puck, have magically materialized
West Elementary students honor veterans with re-enactment of “The Wall” Nov 11, 2014 8:15 PM
The packed room was filled with a sea of red, white and blue as kindergarten through fifth-grade students and staff members donned patriotic colors and West Elementary School Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts proudly wore their uniforms. Each year, students play an active role in the special day by singing songs, reading poetry and enacting a touching story about veterans.
Lake in the Hills breaks ground on veterans memorial Nov 11, 2014 5:48 PM
Lake in the Hills village officials broke ground Tuesday on a long-planned veterans’ memorial at village hall. The project could cost up to $250,000 and take possibly three years to complete. The Veterans Memorial Committee has collected $80,000 not counting pledges of $37,500 from the Lake in the Hills Rotary and Castle Bank, village board member and committee Chairman Russ Ruzanski said. “We are well on the way,” he said.
Help feed 150 homeless students and their families at Nov. 17 food drive Nov 11, 2014 9:16 PM
Help share hope this Thanksgiving join Lifeline Christian Church for “Food Fight for Local Families” from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Nov. 17, at Brunswick Zone XL in Algonquin. For the fifth year, Lifeline Christian Church is working in conjunction with Community Unit District 300’s homeless committee to provide Thanksgiving dinner, “More Than a Meal” for the homeless students and their families.
FaithBridge to hold interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 23 Nov 11, 2014 8:56 PM
Members of various local faith communities will come together at 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 23, at the Blue Lotus Temple, 221 Dean St. in Woodstock, for the eighth annual Community Interfaith Thanksgiving Celebration. The theme of this year’s event is “Melodies of Gratitude.”
Pottery Sale and Ceramic Workshop at the College of Lake County Nov 10, 2014 4:14 PM
The Community Clay Association at the College of Lake County will present two events in November: a workshop with artist Mark Pharis on Nov. 14 and 15 and a Pottery Sale on Nov. 20 and 21.
CLC Mechatronics program offers monthly information sessions Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM
Want to learn about robotics and other cool stuff? In one year of full-time study, you can become a highly sought-after and well-paid mechatronics technician, qualified to install, maintain, modify and repair automated, “intelligent” machinery used in manufacturing. The College of Lake County’s mechatronics certificate helps local students train for these high-tech jobs, which have excellent starting salaries.
CLC offers information session on business fields Nov 10, 2014 4:13 PM
Information sessions on how to prepare for a variety of business careers will be offered by the College of Lake County in the coming months.
Grade School Girls Use Math Creatively at Woodlands Academy Event Nov 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Nearly 50 6th and 7th grade girls from eight area schools put their math skills to the test in creative, problem-solving ways during Mathalon at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart in Lake Forest Nov. 1.
McHenry County College hosts open house Nov. 12 Nov 10, 2014 1:14 PM
High school students, parents and community members are invited to the 10th annual MCC Night, an open house, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12. It is an opportunity to learn more about what McHenry County College has to offer in financial aid support, college classes for high school students, scholarships, accessing disability services and student activities, as well as meet instructors and collect information about the 40-plus college programs and the various degree opportunities. Workshop highlights include choosing a major, the college transfer process and support services at college.
Woodlands Academy debaters succeed at Fremd tourney Nov 13, 2014 1:35 PM
The Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart Debate Team made a strong showing at the William Fremd High School Invitational Debate Tournament in Palatine
ECC to host LGBTQ consultant as guest speaker Nov. 14 Nov 7, 2014 12:36 PM
The Department of Professional and Organizational Development at Elgin Community College will host Ronni Sanlo, Ed.D., for a special screening of the film "A Letter to Anita" and a community lesbian gay bisexual transgender workshop on Friday, Nov. 14. All events are free and open to the public.
Sedgebrook residents take part in own Ironman challenge Nov 7, 2014 8:41 AM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
- Arlington Heights man charged in wife's slaying
- Palatine HS runner hit by car
- 3 suburban school districts recognized at White House
- Rozner: Bears' treatment of Lynch makes more sense now
- CA-Ching ... new details of Elgin-O'Hare tolls
- Rauner: State finances are "stunningly bad"
- Elgin man named Illinois Professor of the Year
- Kane clerk pleads guilty to ethics violation
- Elgin cop a lifesaver
- Carol Stream fire commissioners recommend firing battalion chief
- Rozner: Bears' treatment of Lynch makes more sense now
- St. Charles tavern to be penalized for 4th violation in '14
- Elk Grove finalizes lineup for summer concert series
- Brainerd Building demolition starts today
- Kane plans 'No Refusal' DUI patrol on Black Wednesday
- Rolling Meadows teen found dead in Hawthorn Woods park
- Anti-overdose initiative launched in Lake County
- Video of police shooting of hospital patient released
- Schools plead two sides of proposed state funding
- New restaurant opening in Palatine under old name
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- ARLINGTON PLATING - JOB FAIRS - Arlington Plating Co. is hiring for Plating, Inspection, Buffing and Polishing. We offer various shifts, great benefits,room for growth, and competitive wages (based on exp.) Immediate interviews and offers, if qualify. 600 S. Vermont St., Palatine, IL 60078. www.arlingtonplating.com. Street parking only. NO calls, please. EEO M-F-D-V (id:4391037) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983) DRIVERS - DRIVERS-Home Weekly Ashley Distribution Services in Bolingbrook, IL seeks: -TRUCKLOAD DRIVERS (No Touch), Earning potential avg. $64,000 year -Home Weekly -Paid Vacation -401k -Med/Life/Dental Class A CDL & at least 1 year current OTR exp. Clean MVR/ PSP Reports. Call 1-800-837-2241 8AM to 4PM CST for info & app or email: email@example.com or www.ashleydistributionservices.com to apply under jobs. (id:4390652)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer service needed Full time -will train Bi lingual preferred Send resume to Jobs@insureonthespot.com (id:4390997) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4391497) CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL CDL A DRIVERS Local City Runs That Make Money ! -Home Every Day & Weekends! -Comprehensive Benefits w/401K Match! -Strong, Stable and Friendly Company! $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Bonus to the first 10 Drivers hired before December 15th, 2014. Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. The Custom Companies Inc. 317 W Lake Street Northlake, IL 60164 Email: email@example.com Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4391225)
- CNA/DIRECT CARE - C.N.A/DIRECT CARE/FT Nonprofit Agency in Palatine Has Full-time & Part-time job opportunities working w/ adults with disabilities teaching job & life skills. Contact human resources@firstname.lastname@example.org or call 847-540-3703. (id:4391205) FILM CREW/SUPERVISOR/BARTENDER/COOK - Be a part of AMC's new Red Kitchen experience! We are looking for engaged Supervisors, Film Crew, Bartenders, Cooks for our state of the art restaurant theatre. Please apply for "AMC Yorktown 18" at amctheatres.com-careers Job Fair: Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM@AMC Yorktown 18, 80 Yorktown Shopping Center, Lombard IL 60148 (id:4390803) SET-UP TECHNICIANS - PLASTICS SET-UP TECHNICIAN Elgin plastic injection molder, 1st. 2nd & 3rd shifts. We offer health ins. & 401-k. Email re- sume to email@example.com (id:4391328)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.