Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lake Zurich Unit District 95
Debate continues on shooting drills with students Feb 17, 2014 4:49 AM
A new state law requires all schools to conduct at least one "active shooter" drill every school year. Many suburban school districts, though, have been doing them well before they were mandatory. But one area of disagreement is whether these realistic drills, with SWAT teams and staged casualties, should involve students. “Kids in our system don’t know school without those kinds of drills,” said Bob Ross, assistant superintendent for secondary education for Naperville Unit District 203.
New principal at Lake Zurich’s Isaac Fox Elementary School Feb 17, 2014 4:53 PM
Lisa Gregoire has been hired to take over as principal in July at Isaac Fox Elementary School in Lake Zurich. She'll replace the retiring Jill Brooks. Isaac Fox serves prekindergarten through fifth grade.
New District 95 principal: Feb 14, 2014 6:06 PM
The Lake Zurich Unit District 95 school board voted Feb. 13 to hire Lisa Gregoire as the new principal for Isaac Fox Elementary School, the district said in a news release.
District 95 debates tax zone request Feb 14, 2014 12:27 PM
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 officials are mulling whether to support village government's request to extend the life of a special taxing zone that was enacted to ignite downtown redevelopment.
Seth Paine School to perform “The Little Mermaid Jr.” Feb 6, 2014 7:59 PM
Seth Paine Elementary 4th and 5th grade students are holding a dress rehearsal for an upcoming performance of Little Mermaid Jr. at their school from 3-5pm Thursday, February 6. The performance will be at Lake Zurich high school's Performing Arts Center on February 14 and February 16.
District 95 cuts registration fees: Feb 4, 2014 8:21 PM
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 has reduced the annual registration fees for all students for the 2014-15 academic season. The reductions vary according to grade level, but fees were cut an average $40 to $50 per student.
District 95 kindergarten session: Jan 31, 2014 4:53 PM
Lake Zurich Unit School District 95 will host a kindergarten information and registration night on Thursday, Feb. 6, from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at each of the five elementary schools, a district news release said.
District 95 preschool screening: Jan 23, 2014 7:09 PM
Lake Zurich Unit District 95 will offer a preschool screening on Friday, Feb. 7, for 3- and 4-year-old children for whom there may be concerns with gross or fine motor skills, speech-language, or conceptual development.
Three families want to leave Lake Zurich District 95 to join neighboring districts Jan 11, 2014 8:00 AM
Three families are seeking approval from a regional education agency to leave Lake Zurich Unit District 95's boundaries. They want their properties to be within Kildeer-Countryside Elementary District 96 and Stevenson High School District 125. “It really has to do with geographical issues,” one resident said.
Lake Zurich band makes it home: Jan 8, 2014 4:19 PM
After a two-day delay, a group of Lake Zurich High School marching band members and chaperones has made it home from Madrid.
Lake Zurich band students still trying to get home Jan 7, 2014 6:14 PM
More than 75 Lake Zurich High School band members trying to get home from a performance in Madrid, Spain are now well past the halfway mark in their quest. Lake Zurich Unit District 95 spokeswoman Jean Malek said the group flew out of Madrid on Tuesday morning, but only made it as far as John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.
Some Lake Zurich band members delayed in Madrid Jan 6, 2014 5:00 PM
Weather problems in the States forced some members of Lake Zurich High School's marching band to stay in Madrid longer than planned after performing in a prestigious parade there on Sunday. One group of band members got off the ground and back home on Monday.
Lake County schools in Lake Zurich, Gurnee bullish on iPads Jan 1, 2014 6:45 AM
Personal tablet use at two Lake County school districts has led to improved student classroom engagement and other benefits, according to teachers and administrators. Lake Zurich Unit District 95 started its mobile device initative in August when 1,300 iPads were issued to middle and high school students. Gurnee Elementary District 56 is in first full academic season with all 2,500 pupils in possession of iPads.
Lake County schools in Lake Zurich, Gurnee bullish on iPads Dec 31, 2013 3:14 PM
Personal tablet use at two Lake County school districts has led to improved student classroom engagement and other benefits, according to teachers and administrators. Lake Zurich Unit District 95 started its mobile device initiative in August when 1,300 iPads were issued to middle and high school students. Gurnee Elementary District 56 is in first full academic season with all 2,500 pupils in possession of iPads.
May Whitney pupils in ‘Schoolhouse Rock Live Jr.’ Dec 27, 2013 2:37 PM
Students at Lake Zurich Unit District 95’s May Whitney Elementary School will be performing “Schoolhouse Rock Live Jr.” onstage next month. Fourth- and fifth-graders from May Whitney will perform at Middle School North on Saturday, Jan. 11, at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 12, at 2 p.m. Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 4 and older. Children 3 and younger are free.
Lake Zurich high classroom evacuated after pepper spray released Dec 20, 2013 6:39 PM
Two Lake Zurich High School students were taken to a hospital Friday after someone released pepper spray or a similar chemical in a classroom, authorities said. The students, both girls, were not critically injured.
Lake Zurich District 95 gets air conditioning estimates Dec 20, 2013 5:30 AM
An air conditioning feasibility study commissioned by Lake Zurich Unit District 95 shows it could cost $19 million to $25 million to chill five schools. District 95 school board members reviewed the report during a meeting Thursday night.
Police: Boy with weapon causes lockdown at Lake Zurich schools Dec 10, 2013 4:46 PM
Lake Zurich police say a boy was taken into custody after it was believed he had an unspecified weapon inside a middle school and caused a lockdown of two buildings. Authorities said Lake Zurich Middle School South and Isaac Fox Elementary School, which are connected, were ordered into lockdown mode Tuesday morning. Police Cmdr. David Bradstreet said both Cuba Road schools no longer were locked down in the afternoon.
Lake Zurich students to perform “A Christmas Carol’ Dec 3, 2013 6:07 PM
Around 100 Lake Zurich Middle School North students make up the cast and crew for the upcoming performances of "A Christmas Carol." The students will perform the classic Charles Dickens tale on stage at the school at 7 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6, and Saturday, Dec. 7.
Lake Zurich High School band has big-time gigs coming in Chicago, Madrid Nov 22, 2013 6:00 AM
Lake Zurich High School’s marching band will continue its tradition of high-profile performances in the coming weeks. It will march in Chicago on Thanksgiving Day and on Jan. 5 in Madrid, Spain.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Pro athletes are way overpaid
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Improvements coming to Lombard Prairie Path crossing
- Parties pouring money into 56th District race
- Drawing on friends to bury happy, outgoing 30-year-old
- Endorsement: Yes for home rule in Barrington, Lake Zurich
- Bill Melton, the '72 Sox and what might have been
- Hottest job on market: Cybersecurity professionals
- Fall Off the Bone Slow Cooked Baby Back Ribs
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) IT MANAGER - Part-Time IT Manager experienced with video surveillance and cash register/POS systems. Need to understand Apple, Windows and Android products. Email resume: email@example.com United Cash Register Video Division ph# (708)780-1200 (id:4389084) OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737)
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) SALES DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT - N-W Computer Company seeks energetic, self motivated person for the position of sales assistant Must excel in written and verbal communications, MS Office. Experience in sales of products and services a plus. Excellent work environment with great benefits. E-mail: HR@A-TechInc.com (id:4388043) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440)
- ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) SECURITY OFFICER - SECURITY OFFICER (DEERFIELD) Security Positions FT/PT Deerfield All Shifts Available Guardsmark, a prestigious national security contractor, is current- ly hiring unarmed officers for both full-time and part-time positions in Deerfield starting at $11.00 per hour. Applicants need a H.S. Diploma or GED, must be 21 years or older, must have clean criminal background and be drug free, and possess a valid driver's license. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care, free life insurance, matching 401k retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free uniforms, and various award programs. If interested, please fax your resume to (630) 571-1156 or email to email@example.com or come to the Guardsmark office in person to fill out an application and have an interview Monday-Friday from 10am-3pm at 800 Enterprise Drive, Suite #107, Oak Brook, IL 60523. No experience necessary. No Phone Calls Please (id:4389782)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.