Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Lake Bluff
Scholarship Offered for Gardeners Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
Grayslake Greenery Garden Club The Grayslake Greenery Garden Club is offering its annual scholarship for the 2015 school year.
HLC approves expansion of Trinity distance learning programs Mar 25, 2015 3:19 PM
The Institutional Actions Council of the Higher Learning Commission has approved a stipulation for Trinity International University that will lead to expanded distance learning options.
Mano a Mano marks 15-year anniversary with annual gala Mar 25, 2015 3:20 PM
Mano a Mano Family Resource Center will hold its annual gala on Saturday, April 11, 2015, at the Round Lake Beach Civic Center and Cultural Center.
Bach Week Festival to bring ‘Brandenburg’ Concertos Mar 25, 2015 9:26 PM
The 42nd annual edition of the Chicago area’s Bach Week Festival will feature all six of J.S. Bach’s beloved “Brandenburg” Concertos, performed in the course of concerts on April 10 at Nichols Concert Hall in Evanston and on May 1 and 3 at Anderson Chapel at North Park University on Chicago’s North Side. The festival is a collaboration between Bach Week and North Park’s School of Music.
March 31: Mini job fair with small business/entrepreneur focus at CLC Mar 25, 2015 3:07 PM
Small businesses will be recruiting for applicants at a mini job fair to be held from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on March 31 at the College of Lake County in Grayslake.
March 30-31: Book Fair at CLC Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
A “Books Are Fun Book Fair” will be held on March 30 and 31 in Brandel Court at the College of Lake County Grayslake campus, 19351 W. Washington St. Sponsored by CLC’s Literary Arts Society, the sale’s hours are Monday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Buyers will enjoy 30-70 percent savings on great books and gifts to fill everyone’s Easter baskets.
April 10-18: CLC Theatre presents three one-act comedies Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
A trio of comedic one-act plays by three popular playwrights will be presented by the College of Lake County Theatre Department April 10-12 and 16-18 as part of Play On!, the 2015 Theatre Student Showcase.
April 10 to May 16: CLC’s 34th Annual Student Art Competition exhibit Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
A huge variety of artwork by College of Lake County students will be on display from April 10 through May 16 at the Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art on the Grayslake campus. The 34th Annual CLC Student Art Competition is a juried exhibit featuring painting, drawing, computer graphics, photography, ceramics, jewelry, digital media and sculpture.
April 10: The Second City touring ensemble to perform at CLC Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
Chicago’s famous comedy troupe, The Second City, will serve up comedic twists on today’s local headlines and present some of the best sketches from the past at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 10 at the James Lumber Center for the Performing Arts at the College of Lake County in Grayslake.
Woodlands Academy’s Congé: Fundraising for Student Financial Aid Mar 25, 2015 2:55 PM
Online bidding in April for silent auction items such as a 2015 BMW Golf Championship package and a hockey puck autographed by the Blackhawks’ Patrick Sharp is just one way of participating in the 42nd annual Congé fundraiser, Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart’s largest campaign to support ongoing academic and student financial aid programs. Congé is derived from the French word for “play date.”
Hear the greats with Trinity Jazz Ensemble Mar 19, 2015 1:50 PM
The Trinity International University Jazz Ensemble will present an evening of jazz music Friday, March 27, at 7:30 pm in the A. T. Olson Chapel on the Deerfield campus, located at 2065 Half Day Road.
The 24 Hour Book Bridge Cycling Challenge Relay Mar 18, 2015 3:14 PM
Grayslake, Illinois: Limited space is still available for teams and individual cyclists in the 2nd annual Book Bridge Challenge on March 20-21, 2015.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
Pot legalization bad for Illinois Mar 14, 2015 1:00 AM
A Lake Bluff letter to the editor: Even before Illinois’ Medical Cannabis Pilot Program is up and operating, legislation was introduced by state Sen. Michael Noland, an Elgin Democrat, and state Rep. Kelly Cassidy, a Chicago Democrat, in their attempts to dismantle drug laws.
Moving Picture: Trainer teaches sailors welding that can save a ship Mar 15, 2015 7:58 AM
Shouts of “hot metal!” ring throughout the welding area at Hull Maintenance Technician A School as Master Training Specialist Travis Parent, 27, dips a freshly welded bar into a tub of water with a sizzle. Parent leads sailors fresh out of basic training in a two-week crash course in welding, brazing and sewage maintenance Great Lakes Naval Station.
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
CLC student wins national Hispanic leadership scholarship Mar 16, 2015 9:55 AM
Guadalupe Granados of Mundelein, a College of Lake County student, received the National United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI) Dr. Juan Andrade, Jr. Scholarship for Young Hispanic Leaders during the USHLI National Conference, held Feb. 13 in Chicago.
CLC students win awards at Skyway Conference art competitions Mar 26, 2015 12:52 PM
Six College of Lake County art students won eight awards, including best in show at the 2015 Illinois Skyway Art competition, held at Morton College on March 6.
University Center of Lake County Welcomes New Board Members & Adds Programs Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
The Governing Board of the University Center of Lake County affirmed new leadership, welcomed new members, and approved new programs at its quarterly meeting on March 5. Former State Representative Kathy Ryg, who has served on the University Center’s Governing Board since 2011, was elected its new Chair.
Midlakes Health Center in Round Lake Beach Expands Hours and Staff Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
The Midlakes Community Health Center is expanding its hours and staff. The Round Lake Beach facility, one of the Lake County Health Department’s eight community health centers, is also increasing the availability of same day appointments.
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Harper president tried free tuition program at his last school
- Images: An Hour in Bloomingdale
- Miles: Can Cardinals quiet the doom-and-gloomers again?
- 15,000 eggs up for grabs at Mooseheart Easter egg hunt
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Barrington blasts 6 home runs
- Mediocre foes bring out the worst in the Hawks
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Eliminate Illinois' gym class requirement?
- Lawmakers trying to figure out how to punish COD, exempt other schools
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- Rauner's immigration message leaves advocates perplexed
- Mediocre foes bring out the worst in the Hawks
- Durbin statements show double standard
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- The Soapbox
- 3 pigs perish in morning Huntley barn fire
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR - Quality Control Inspector 2nd Shift 2:00pm-11:00pm Aerospace Manufacturing Duties: CMM experience, ability to perform dimensional inspection of complex machined parts experience with setting up and using bore gages. Benefits: Shift Premium, 401K, Blue Cross Health Insurance Send Resume Fax: 847 439 0230 or email resume PamS@ajrindustries.com See web site for more information at www.ajrindustries.com (id:4400160) LABORER / LANDSCAPE - Laborer -Acres Group is hiring landscape Maintenance Foremen and Laborers for the entire Chicagoland area. Interested applicants must have valid driver's license and proper documentation. Apply in person North: 610 W. Liberty St. Wauconda-(847) 526-4554, Central: 250 N. Garden Ave Roselle-(630) 351-4336, South: 23940 W. Andrews Rd. Plainfield-(815) 439-2022. (id:4400043) PAYROLL - Payroll -NSSEO, a special education public school district, has an immediate FT Payroll Officer position available in Mt. Prospect. Responsibilities include processing payroll for 400+ employees & being a key liaison between HR, Business & outside service providers. Ideal candidate will possess a strong payroll or accounting background with exceptional Excel skills & customer service driven attitude. Exp. with AS400 or Infinite Visions a plus. Competitive salary & benefit package starting at $24.19/hr. Apply online at www.nsseo.org. EOE (id:4401863)
- DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) DRIVERS - Part-Time Drivers Wanted Manheim Auto Auction, the world's leading provider of vehicle remarketing services is seeking energetic individuals to join Manheim Arena in Bolingbrook, IL. Simple to qualify: Regular driver license and clean record. Able to work 7-29 hrs/week. Good attention to detail and safety sense. Ability to stand, enter/exit cars during shifts. Able to pass background check and drug test. Apply at www.ManheimDriverJobs.com search for job 144958. (id:4401696) TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Small, independent Preschool in Rolling Meadows, IL offering full and part day programs, looking for a full time 3-4 yr. old teacher. Must be teacher qualified. Familiar with all State and NAEYC accreditation standards. Full time year around position. Top salary and benefits based on qualifications. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4400186)
- PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) CLEANING - CARPET CLEANING Water Damage Tech. Must have DL & speak Eng. $12 -15 to start + bonus potential. McMaid Rolling Meadows 847-991-2383 (id:4402039) JOB FAIR - COME AND EXPLORE THE EXCITING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT BRIARWOOD HEALTHCARE CENTER JOB FAIR Giveaways!!! Refreshments! WHEN: THURSDAY, APRIL 2, 2015 1:00 PM -5:00 PM WHERE: 350 W. SCHAUMBURG RD. SCHAUMBURG, IL 60194 Bridgewater place -SARAH'S GROVE Career Opportunities Available: Registered nurse (FT/PT/POOL) Certified nursing assistant (FT/PT) ON-THE-SPOT INTERVIEWS will be offered! Bring your resume! Friendship Village offers excellent salary and benefits. www.friendshipsenioroptions.org Friendship Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4402540)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.