Activate Your Free
Articles filed under LPGA
Strong finish for Wheaton’s Streelman Oct 21, 2014 6:01 PM
Chicago’s golf season may be in its final days as far as 2014 goes, but you wouldn’t know it by developments over the last few days. Len Ziehm takes a look at the PGA Tour, where Wheaton’s Kevin Streelman made a final-round charge in the Shriners Hospital for Children’s Open in Las Vegas on Sunday. Ziehm also has the latest on the LPGA's International Crown event coming in 2016 to Rich Harvest Farms in Sugar Grove.
NIU’s Jeray fighting to keep her LPGA card Aug 12, 2014 1:15 PM
Nicole Jeray, Chicago’s only LPGA Tour player, needs one big tournament to give her career a boost. Len Ziehm has more in this week's golf column, which includes an update on a big week for Carlos Sainz Jr. on the Web.com Tour.
Spellman’s Scorecard: Well wishes for Wayne Catalano Jul 25, 2014 3:10 PM
A few days after winning yet another big race at Arlington International, trainer Wayne Catalano is in a fight for his life.
Mistwood ready for Illinois Women’s Open Jul 22, 2014 7:40 PM
A sold-out Sunday Pro-Am will kick off the 20th staging of the Illinois Women’s Open at Mistwood in Romeoville. Len Ziehm also provides a look at the upcoming International Crown.
Pace, Diaz share lead through 54 holes at Marathon Jul 19, 2014 6:27 PM
Lee-Anne Pace made a name for herself as an amateur in her native South Africa, then proved herself with eight wins on the Ladies European Tour. Now she’s ready to make waves in the U.S. Pace shot a 3-under 68 on Saturday to grab a share of the third-round lead with Laura Diaz in the Marathon Classic.
Inbee Park has 1-shot lead in Women’s British Open Jul 12, 2014 5:10 PM
One year later, Inbee Park is still chasing history at the Women’s British Open. Instead of trying to win an unprecedented fourth straight major, Park has a chance to become only the seventh woman to win four of the LPGA’s majors. Instead of photographers capturing her every move at St. Andrews, the 26-year-old South Korean has gone about her work without fanfare at Royal Birkdale.
Wie sets a standard in Women’s Open at Pinehurst Jun 20, 2014 5:10 PM
Michelle Wie delivered the best comparison of all between the men and women at Pinehurst No. 2. She was threatening to turn this major into a runaway. Wie made two big pars and closed with two birdies for a second straight 2-under 68, giving her a four-shot lead among those who played early Friday.
Rich Harvest welcomes NCAA men’s golf regional field May 13, 2014 3:02 PM
While the International Crown won't arrive at Rich Harvest Farms until 2016, owner Jerry Rich has five other major events scheduled for his Sugar Grove golf course, including this weeks's men’s NCAA Central Regional. Len Ziehm has that and more in this week's golf column.
Getting into the swing of golf season at subscriber event Mar 26, 2014 9:36 PM
With the Masters just two weeks away, Daily Herald subscribers got a jump on the golf season by taking part in a discussion Wednesday night with veteran sports writers Mike Spellman and Len Ziehm.
Ex-Kemper Lakes pro takes Georgia course to a new level Mar 15, 2014 5:09 PM
Former Kemper Lakes pro Bob Spence wants to take Kinderlou Forest in Valdosta, Ga., to a new level, and Len Ziehm checks in with Spence, who has spent 60 years as a golf pro, about his stunning 18-hole course.
For women’s sports, 2013 loaded with great stories Dec 27, 2013 6:13 PM
Patricia Babcock McGraw reviews the top women's sports stories of 2013, touching on international soccer, the LPGA, the WNBA, college volleyball, pro tennis and college basketbal.
Rich goes the distance for International Crown Nov 28, 2013 10:12 AM
In 2016, Rich Harvest Farms golf club in Sugar Grove will host the second staging of the International Crown, an innovative biannual team competition involving eight countries with the best women's golfers in the world. Owner Jerry Rich, meanwhile, hopes the event will become a regular event at Rich Harvest. Len Ziehm has more in this report.
American teen wins Malaysia title by 4 shots Oct 13, 2013 10:51 AM
American teenager Lexi Thompson shot a 2-under 69 on Sunday to win the LPGA Malaysia title by four strokes. The 18-year-old, who won her second career LPGA title and first of the season, finished on 19-under 265 to end the South Korean dominance at the Kuala Lumpur Golf and Country Club.
Iowa course awarded 2017 Solheim Cup Sep 23, 2013 4:35 PM
The LPGA announced Monday that the 2017 Solheim Cup will be held at the Des Moines Golf and Country Club. The biennial contest between teams of European and American golfers was held in Colorado last month with Europe winning 18-10.
Wie in the spotlight again as a Solheim pick Aug 14, 2013 6:17 PM
Few other golfers have received so much attention for winning so little. Now Michelle Wie faces additional pressure as a captain's pick for the U.S. Solheim Cup team.
Wie, Piller added to Solheim Cup team Aug 4, 2013 3:18 PM
The U.S. Solheim Cup team was completed Sunday at St. Andrews when Morgan Pressel tied for fourth and bumped Jennifer Johnson from the last of two spots through the world ranking. Mallon took Michelle Wie and Solheim Cup rookie Gerina Piller as her captain’s picks.
Lewis wins Women’s British Open Aug 4, 2013 3:18 PM
American Stacy Lewis finished with a pair of exquisite birdies on the Old Course on Sunday and closed with an even-par 72 at the Women's British Open. It’s her second major on the LPGA Tour, and it ends a record streak of 10 straight majors won by Asian players.
Park ends bid for 4 straight majors Aug 4, 2013 11:36 AM
Inbee Park’s bid for a Grand Slam ended long before she walked up to the 18th green at St. Andrews, giving her plenty of time to find perspective. “I’ve done something amazing this season,” she said. “I won three straight majors. I don’t know if I can do that again.” Park closed with rounds of 74-78, more than a dozen shots out of the lead at the Women's British Open.
Wind suspends 3rd round at Women’s British Open Aug 3, 2013 4:23 PM
Inbee Park was hopeful of tough conditions to help her make up an eight-shot deficit at the Women’s British Open. It turned out to be too tough. Park’s ball moved on the fourth green from 40 mph gusts at St. Andrews, and the third round was suspended a short time later.
Inbee Park falls 8 shots behind at St. Andrews Aug 2, 2013 6:18 PM
Inbee Park caught bad end of the draw at St. Andrews, made worse by not having her best golf. Before she can think about a chance to make history as the first golfer to win four professional majors in the same season, Park faced a more immediate concern Friday afternoon in the Women’s British Open — how to make up an eight-shot deficit against Na Yeon Choi.
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Tres, St. Viator blank Antioch
- Attorney general: DuPage forest preserve should release termination letter
- Indications point to Maddon, but Cubs mum
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Fremd educator named Illinois Teacher of the Year
- Vernon Hills readying for Biden's visit
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Pumpkin seeds and carving take center stage at BatFest
- Round Lake's homecoming parade a rousing affair
- Kaneland blanks Hampshire for regional title
- Tri-Cities police reports
- Palatine artist repairing his horse statue in Chicago
- AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman email@example.com -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
- POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.