Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Kaneville
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Renz Center to host “Epicurean Delight” fundraiser Oct 8, 2014 10:56 AM
In celebrating 53 years of community service, Renz Addiction Counseling Center is hosting its 7th Annual Epicurean Delight Fundraiser from 5:30-8:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at Max McGraw Wildlife. Community residents are invited to attend and enjoy such gourmet fare as almond crusted duck salad with blackberry dressing, smoked salmon, pheasant kabobs, sesame chicken and an assortment of vegetarian canapé among other appetizers and desserts by McGraw’s top culinary chef. Max McGraw Wildlife Foundation is located in West Dundee, and sits on 1,200 acres of picturesque hardwoods, prairies, lakes, and streams.
Girl Scouts open Camp Explorers Oct 7, 2014 2:17 PM
Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois will open Camp Dean in Big Rock to the public for a Camp Explorers program on Saturday, Oct. 25, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This youth and family-friendly event will include cardboard boat races, archery, crate stacking, fishing, and a scavenger hunt.
‘Uncommon Threads’ fashion-art show returns to St. Charles Oct 5, 2014 5:03 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together phenomenal textiles and accessories created by local and national artists.
Illinois Railway Museum to restore classic Streamliner Oct 3, 2014 7:11 PM
The Illinois Railway Museum in Union has begun a restoration project planned to return the famous streamlined Electroliner to operational condition in 2017. The museum's Electroliner received an external restoration when it returned to Illinois in the 1980s, but problems with the train's eight electric motors prevented the streamliner from returning to operation. Work is now under way to return the luxury streamliner to operable condition within the next three years. In addition to work on the motors, work is needed on the wheels, trucks, air brakes and air conditioning before it can be operated.
Family Shelter Service Fundraiser October 16 at York Theatre Oct 3, 2014 5:31 PM
In recognition of domestic violence awareness month, a fundraiser benefitting the Family Shelter Service will be held at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, at the York Theatre, 150 N. York St., in downtown Elmhurst. A $10 donation is recommended.
How Well Do You Know Your Car? Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Learning about the maintenance on your car.
4-H is Preparing Youth for the Challenges of Life Oct 3, 2014 4:23 PM
Lake County youth are joining the more than 6 million other 4-H members across the nation in celebration of National 4-H Week Oct. 5-11.
“Uncommon Threads” event returns to St. Charles Oct 2, 2014 5:42 PM
Tickets are now on sale for "Uncommon Threads," the annual one-of-a-kind wearable art show and luncheon, presented by Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles. Superlative wearable art is the focus of this event, which brings together textiles and accessories created by local and national artists. A juried runway show is the star of the day. Featuring wearable works of art, all items will also be available for purchase that afternoon. In its 28h year, this event — Fine Line's biggest annual fundraiser — will take place at Q Center in St. Charles on Sunday, Oct. 19.
Rep. Tryon to sit on SB16 forum panels in McHenry, Kane counties Oct 2, 2014 5:23 PM
State Rep. Mike Tryon (R-Crystal Lake) will join other local legislators this month for two Senate Bill 16 impact forums in McHenry and Kane counties. A forum will be held in Kane County from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 7, in the St. Charles North High School auditorium.
Local surgeon wins international awards for best surgical video contributions Oct 1, 2014 5:17 PM
On Sept. 12, Dr. Jonathan Y. Song of TLC Medical Group won multiple awards at this year's Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons meeting which was held in Las Vegas. Dr. Song won the coveted Carl J. Levinson Award for Best Surgical Video in the field of gynecologic surgery, as well as the Carl J. Levinson Award for Best Overall Minimally Invasive Surgical Video.
Halloween Hustle 5K Fun Run & Walk Coming Up in Palatine: Sign Up Today! Sep 29, 2014 8:02 AM
The 9th annual event will start in historic downtown Palatine and include a .5K Kid's Dash as well as an after part at Durty Nellie's!
Support Bill’s Needs From a Spinal Cord Injury Sep 29, 2014 3:28 PM
This story is about Bill Kornfeind - The business owner of Ultimate Car Wash in Round Lake Beach and a longtime Wauconda resident. Bill suffered a tragic accident which left him a quadriplegic. We would like to share his story through the fundraiser that is setup to help him.
Entertain Your Taste Buds Sep 25, 2014 4:13 PM
Food Tasting to Benefit Children and Adults with Disabilities
The Illinois Brass Band Presents ‘An Evening With Sousa’ Sep 25, 2014 4:09 PM
The Illinois Brass Band opens their 2014 -2015 season as they present "An Evening With Sousa."
Chicago Family Fun Expo offers hands-on fun Sep 22, 2014 3:29 PM
Chicago Family Fun Expo is coming to the DuPage Expo in St. Charles Oct 18-19. The primary goal of the Chicago Family Fun Expo is to assist nonprofits through the promotion of hands-on activities and fun shows and seminars throughout the weekend.
Sugar Grove rallies around ill former library director Sep 22, 2014 9:21 AM
Sugar Grove residents are rallying around former library director Beverly Holmes Hughes as she battles malignant brain cancer.
National Farm Safety & Health Week focuses on “Protecting What Matters” Sep 24, 2014 11:37 AM
National Farm Safety and Health Week will be observed Sept. 21-27, 2014. "Safety Counts - Protecting What Matters" is this year's theme, and the week focuses on promoting awareness of safe farm practices, to everyone involved in agriculture and to the general public.
Tri-County 4-H members earn top honors at Illinois State Fair Sep 18, 2014 6:45 PM
Tri-county 4-H’ers earned 34 Superior Honors and 60 Awards of Excellence at the Illinois State Fair junior exhibit judging in Springfield in August. Nearly 100 DuPage, Kane and Kendall County youth shared their qualifying 4-H projects with judges on Aug. 9. The Award of Excellence is given to youth whose county project earned them a trip to the Illinois State Fair.
- When smoke clears, Cubs will hunt for free agents
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Spellman's Scorecard: Maddon will be a real treat
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Rauner vs. Quinn: Seven issues where they will clash
- Judge denies delay for Crystal Lake bleacher demolition
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- Can one family save downtown Long Grove?
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Sleepy Hollow voters asked to double their taxes
- Sun-Times reporter quits over paper's handling of story
- $1.9 million spent, but Cook court parking fees ditched
- Gene & Georgetti to replace Rosewood in Rosemont?
- Change-of-plea hearing set for Farnham
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- St. Charles North takes 2nd at own invite
- RETAIL - Retail -Carson's/Yorktown hiring seasonal associates. Flex hrs, immediate 20% discount. Apply online careers.bonton.com (id:4389245) EDUCATION - Summit School needs 2 paraprofessionals, part time receptionist; fulltime counselor/social worker call 847-468-0490 (id:4387981) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389553) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) POWER UNIT BUILDER - Hydraulic lift manufacturer in St. Charles, Illinois has an immediate full time opening for a panel-power unit builder. Candidate must have extensive electrical, electronic and hydraulic experience to layout and build control panels and power units from Cad drawings, electrical schematics and hydraulic drawings. Candidate must be well versed in the use of hand and power tools as well as various multimeters and hydraulic valve test equipment. Send resume to fax# (630) 584-9895 Email:email@example.com (id:4389188)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.