Activate Your Free
Articles filed under James B. Conant High School
Conant closes out Hoffman Estates Dec 19, 2014 10:34 PM
Conant finally found a way to win a close one. The Cougars, who had heartbreaking losses to Fremd and Barrington, held off a late charge by host Hoffman Estates on Friday and topped the Hawks 60-55.
Buffalo Grove’s Savage rolls 300 game Dec 17, 2014 9:52 PM
In 40-plus years of Mid-Suburban League girls bowling, there had been only six 300 games thrown until the gem last week by Karsyn Burgess of Wheeling put the total at 7. Now, make it 8. Buffalo Grove junior Joanne Savage stole the spotlight Wednesday, firing her first-ever 300 in the second game of her match against, of all teams, the Wildcats.
Dolce, defense carry Conant Dec 16, 2014 10:53 PM
Chris Dolce scored a team-high 13 points, and a dominant first-half defensive performance helped carry host Conant past Buffalo Grove 56-26 on Tuesday in a Mid-Suburban League crossover.
Larock lifts Prospect at Conant Dec 13, 2014 8:24 PM
Prospect coach Randy Smith was effusive in his praise of senior Maddie Larock, and who could blame him after her performance Saturday at the Conant girls gymnastics invitational? Larock, in a tremendous effort, helped lead the Knights to an upset win and the first place trophy in the 36th annual meet in Hoffman Estates. The senior finished second on the uneven parallel bars event and tied for second on balance beam as Prospect (108.52) edged Carmel (108.45) for the title.
Williams, Dellorto break 500 records in Meadows’ victory Dec 13, 2014 12:08 AM
Rolling Meadows earned its first dual victory of the boys swimming season, topping Elk Grove 136-44 on Friday in the facility both teams share at Elk Grove High School in a Mid-Suburban East dual. Both teams got to celebrate program records in the 500-yard freestyle. Elk Grove senior Colin Williams won the event in 4:53.61, erasing the mark that had existed since 1977. It’s already Williams’ second team record of the season, as he established a new benchmark the previous week in the 200 IM. The second-place finisher in the 500 free was Rolling Meadows freshman Josh Dellorto. He touched in a personal-best 5:01.14 and also broke the Mustangs’ program record.
Fremd comes back at Conant Dec 12, 2014 11:02 PM
Fremd had to dig deep for this one — really deep. The visiting Vikings dug themselves a huge hole, a 13-point deficit in the third quarter in their Mid-Suburban West boys basketball game at Conant on Friday, but they scratched and clawed and climbed out to escape with a 37-35 victory.
Short-handed Fremd hangs on at Conant; Barrington rolls Dec 12, 2014 12:25 AM
Fremd’s girls basketball team overcame the absence of standout sophomore Grace Tworek on Thursday night and extended its winning streak to 16 games in the Mid-Suburban West with a 46-41 triumph at Conant. Senior Haley Gorecki led the Vikings (9-1, 3-0) with a game-high 22 points and also collected 11 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals while teammates Erin Lenahan and Bryana Hopkins each chipped in 8 points. Brianna Lewis handed out 4 assists with 2 steals and 6 points.
Wheeling frosh Burgess busts out a 300 Dec 10, 2014 9:05 PM
The already boisterous atmosphere of a Mid-Suburban League girls bowling meet got an extra shot of adrenaline Wednesday night. Karsyn Burgess, a Wheeling freshman, fired the first 300 game the conference has seen since the 2010/11 season. A no-doubt-about-it final strike put Burgess in the MSL record books. “I’m really excited,” said the frosh. “I’m used to stringing strikes together, and after the ninth frame I was already pretty proud of myself. “Then came the 10th frame, and the pressure was on.”
Fourth straight win for Schaumburg Dec 6, 2014 11:44 PM
After starting the season with a pair of losses, Schaumburg’s boys basketball has found the winning groove. The Saxons worked overtime on Saturday at the Ken Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights before posting a 59-54 victory over Hersey. Brendan Parker (18 points), Jason Schoo (13) and Charlie Quilco (10) weer top scorers for Schaumburg (4-2). Payton Haas and Joseph Coffaro each scored 18 points to pace Hersey (3-3).
Schaumburg gets back at Conant Dec 6, 2014 12:38 AM
After being swept by rival Conant last season in both regular- season contests, the Schaumburg boys basketball team had a long wait before it got another crack at the Cougars. But the wait seemed to be well worth it as the Saxons hosted the Cougars and used a second-half explosion to push by their nemesis, 48-37, in Mid-Suburban League West play Friday night.
Rolling Meadows runs by Elk Grove Dec 6, 2014 12:42 AM
Rolling Meadows junior guard Megan King put on a 3-point shooting clinic in the first half as the Mustangs began defense of their Mid-Suburban League East championship with a 65-49 victory at Elk Grove. King’s game-high 21 points all came in the first half from long distance as Meadows improved to 6-1 overall.
Wrestling: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Here's what to expect from the wrestling teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus Maine West, St. Viator and Leyden this season.
Girls gymnastics: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school girls gymnastics teams of the Mid-Suburban League plus Maine West and Leyden this season.
Boys swimming: Scouting Northwest Dec 4, 2014 9:21 PM
Here's a team-by-team look at what to expect from boys swimming in the Mid-Suburban League and at St. Viator this season.
Football: Northwest all-area team Dec 4, 2014 1:45 PM
Introducing the Daily Herald's Northwest all-area team, featuring players from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
Shanahan, Conant edge Buffalo Grove Dec 3, 2014 11:34 PM
Conant senior Bridget Shanahan took top honors on vault and floor exercise to help the visiting Cougars edge Buffalo Grove 132.4-127.3 in Mid-Suburban League girls gymnastics on Wednesday.
Girls bowling: Scouting Northwest Dec 2, 2014 9:07 PM
Here's what to expect of the girls bowling teams from the Mid-Suburban League and Leyden this winter.
Will closer to record as Prospect rolls Dec 3, 2014 12:32 AM
Taylor Will scored a game-high 25 points on Tuesday night in Mt. Prospect to help lead Prospect to a 72-38 victory over visiting Schaumburg.Will, a senior guard headed to Brown University, closed to within 5 points of becoming the Knights’ all-time leading scorer in girls basketball history. She made 10 field goals (three 3-pointers) and 2 free throws on Tuesday at the Jean Walker Field House, named after the coach who was in charge when Colleen Grant set the school record of 1,352 points from 1977 to 1981.
Strong start for new-look Hoffman Estates team Dec 1, 2014 9:10 PM
Hoffman Estates freshman Allura Magsino admitted that it was a little “nerve-wracking” going into her first Mid-Suburban League match. “But I really wasn’t that nervous,” said Magsino, “because I knew my team was there to support me.” And if there were any worries about how the freshman would perform under pressure, those doubts were dispelled Monday night at Arlington Lanes. Magsino fired a 204 in the first game en route to a 561 series as the Hawks defeated Hersey 2,697 pins to 2,604 in a matchup of what should be two of the MSL’s top teams this season.
Murphy (30 points), Rolling Meadows top Tilden Nov 28, 2014 11:04 PM
Rolling Meadows sophomore Jared Murphy canned three 3s and finished with a game-high 30 points to help the Mustangs’ boys basketball team top Tilden 78-60 and improve to 2-1 after the completion of pool play at Palatine on Friday.
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- Ponzi scheme nets N. Barrington man 25-year sentence
- Hall of Fame conversations with an old St. Charles friend
- Lawmakers: COD should be punished for Breuder buyout
- Mom says son charged with murder was frustrated with living arrangements
- COD board again approves Breuder deal, despite outcry
- 26 apply for vacant Palatine District 15 seat
- Wauconda candidates spar over local political unrest
- Bloomingdale man wins 'Biggest Loser'
- Hoffman Estates candidates debate future of Sears
- Two men arrested in Mount Prospect shooting
- Police: Delnor suspect arrested in Indiana
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Lake Co. authorities find children kidnapped in 2006
- Sheriff's sergeant rifle found in road
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. murder
- Sears lays off more than 100 workers
- ISU student from Crystal Lake dies; Lombard man charged
- Blackhawks' Shaw hoping to stay out of the doghouse
- PAYROLL - Payroll Employee Needed. Salary 35K-45K. Full time, twelve month position. Start immediately. Apply online at www.asd4.org under employment. (id:4395657) PROPERTY MANAGER - Property Manager Property Manager for senior independent living rental com-munity in Elgin. Key areas of expertise that are needed, but not limited to: apartment leasing, planning activities, supervising maintenance, rent collection and working with in-spectors and contractors. Com-puter literacy required, LIHTC regulations & affordable housing experience a plus. Must enjoy working with seniors. Fax resume to: 630.499.0156 or email to: email@example.com (id:4396257) ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLERS - Electronic Assemblers Sun-Thur 11pm-7:30am Ability to work with small parts. Posses manual dexterity Ability to effectively write and read English Goodwill TalentBridge 1475 S. Wheeling Road Wheeling, IL 60090 Applications: M-F 10am-3pm (id:4396408)
- MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR - PUBLIC WORKS SUPERVISOR Village of Glencoe seeks Supv. in PW Dept. Reports to Gen. Supt., provides support to all divisions. Req. related exp. in streets, sewers, water, for-estry, fleet; Class B CDL; Class C-D IEPA wtr. oper. cert. desirable. Start Sal. $66,731. Cvr. ltr., resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr.'s Office by 4 pm, Feb 27, 2015. Appls. avail. at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396443) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service OUTBOUND CALL CENTER REP Electronic Merchant Systems is looking for energetic people to set appointments. If you have telemarketing or custom- er service experience, as well as a clear phone voice and reliable work history and are available full time. $10. p/hr + commission to start. Call to apply: 847-261-9850 (id:4396565)
- SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) GENERAL LABOR - GENERAL LABOR Niles printing plant seeks full time laborers. No experience needed. Must lift 50 lbs. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396295) CASHIER / STOCK - PT Stock/Cashier nights and weekends. Garfield's Beverage Warehouse Barrington/ Palatine. 847-387-3676 or 847-359-0400 (id:4396177)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.