Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Island Lake
Island Lake board settles disputes with two former employees Mar 27, 2015 1:45 PM
Island Lake officials have approved financial settlements with two of the village's former top employees.
Heart Sounds 2015 Symposium to highlight innovations in cardiology Mar 26, 2015 6:15 PM
Medical professionals are invited to attend “Innovations in Cardiology: Heart Sounds 2015”, a one-day symposium hosted by Presence Saint Joseph Hospital in Elgin. The educational program for registered nurses, emergency medical technicians, doctors and other clinicians will be held Saturday, April 18.
Learn how to ‘echo weave’ at Fine Line Mar 24, 2015 4:23 PM
Fine Line weaving instructor Beth Duncan will offer “Echo Weave, A Starting Point,” on Saturdays, April 4 and 18. “Learning to weave can seem daunting at the start; there is a lot of prep work before the actual weaving begins. As with all things worth learning, take your time and practice," Duncan said.
Scholarship Offered for Gardeners Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
Grayslake Greenery Garden Club The Grayslake Greenery Garden Club is offering its annual scholarship for the 2015 school year.
Mano a Mano marks 15-year anniversary with annual gala Mar 25, 2015 3:20 PM
Mano a Mano Family Resource Center will hold its annual gala on Saturday, April 11, 2015, at the Round Lake Beach Civic Center and Cultural Center.
Island Lake candidate concerned about transparency Mar 24, 2015 4:12 PM
Three of the candidates running for seats on Island Lake's village board believe the local government is more transparent that it was under the previous administration -- but a fourth still has concerns.
April 10-18: CLC Theatre presents three one-act comedies Mar 25, 2015 3:08 PM
A trio of comedic one-act plays by three popular playwrights will be presented by the College of Lake County Theatre Department April 10-12 and 16-18 as part of Play On!, the 2015 Theatre Student Showcase.
Images: See the winning entries from our weekly photo contest Mar 20, 2015 7:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of them and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of March 16.
Justice and Healing Seminar offered March 28 at Barrington UMC Mar 18, 2015 8:26 PM
A Justice and Healing Seminar will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 28, at Barrington United Methodist Church. Join the presenters as they lead a dialogue on justice and healing for the nation. They will share their perspectives on the church’s responsibility to create the “beloved community,” their personal experiences, what your individual and collective Christian responsibilities are in understanding the issues, speaking out about injustices and acting in ways that demonstrate commitment to Christian ideals.
Understand Your Pain Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
Understand Your Pain: Arthritis and Orthopedic Issues as We Age Understand Your Pain is the second 2015 Wellness Ministry program sponsored in coordination between Advocate Condell Medical Center and Ivanhoe Congregational Church. It will be held on Monday, March 23, at 7 pm at Ivanhoe Congregational Church, 21078 W. Route 176, in Mundelein.
Cook of the Week: Teen takes healthy approach to dinnertime Mar 17, 2015 6:00 AM
Alexia Ballasch knows how to whip up a meal for her family. It took her a year to perfect a meatball recipe that she felt was not only good enough to serve her family but to bring before a panel of judges at the 2014 Illinois State Fair. That win is just one of a string of culinary competitions the home-schooled teen from Island Lake has tackled.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
We need law on food labeling Mar 15, 2015 1:00 AM
An Island Lake letter to the editor: I understand there is a bill coming to the floor in our legislature in Springfield regarding the labeling of GMO food products.
Island Lake police chief is recovering after aneurysm Mar 13, 2015 8:15 AM
Island Lake Police Chief Don Bero continues recovering from an apparent brain aneurysm last month, officials said Thursday. “I talked to him today and visited him,” acting Chief David Walz said. “He's doing a lot better.”
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
Camping World to build call center in Island Lake, without grant Mar 13, 2015 4:36 PM
A planned expansion of the Camping World business in Island Lake is moving forward without a $18,000 village grant the retailer requested last month. Company representatives had wanted the money to install high-speed Internet cables for a new customer call center at the business, 4450 Darrell Road. “I was excited about the prospect of that call center moving in, and we wanted to help them as much as we can,” Mayor Charles Amrich said.
University Center of Lake County Welcomes New Board Members & Adds Programs Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
The Governing Board of the University Center of Lake County affirmed new leadership, welcomed new members, and approved new programs at its quarterly meeting on March 5. Former State Representative Kathy Ryg, who has served on the University Center’s Governing Board since 2011, was elected its new Chair.
Midlakes Health Center in Round Lake Beach Expands Hours and Staff Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
The Midlakes Community Health Center is expanding its hours and staff. The Round Lake Beach facility, one of the Lake County Health Department’s eight community health centers, is also increasing the availability of same day appointments.
Express Employment Professionals Hosts National Leadership Event Featuring Daymond John, Dan Aykroyd and Liz Murray Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Back for its sixth year and sponsored by the Chicagoland Express Employment Professionals offices, the FREE event will be held Wednesday, April 8 at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road in Rosemont, Ill. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the program begins at 7:50 a.m.
Join GLMV Chamber of Commerce at economic luncheon Mar 13, 2015 12:57 PM
Business leaders, managers and executives can prepare for the future at the GLMV Chamber of Commerce 2015 Economic Outlook Luncheon to be held Tuesday, March 17, at Dave & Busters, Westfield Mall, Vernon Hills.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- New-look Lake Zurich High stadium
- Willowbrook student wins Illinois National Geogaphic Bee
- Budget fix averts shutdowns but cuts schools
- Baun, Paliotta sign on with Hawks
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Who will opponent be when Bulls start playoffs?
- Prosecutor: Family heard murder victim's screams
- Agbuke's career game leads No. 2-seed Baylor over Iowa 81-66
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- One Island Lake trustee candidate concerned about transparency, but other candidates are pleased
- Tollway sets higher speed limits, bucks state law
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Suburban lawmaker's plan to decriminalize marijuana rejected
- You could win DeLorean if Cubs win World Series
- Judson kicks off new inspirational world leaders series this fall
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elk Grove Joe Caputo & Sons opening by July 4
- BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402022) PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) GRAPHIC DESIGNER - Arlington Heights, IL company is seeking to fill a pt-time-first shift Graphic Designers position. InDesign; Strong in Illustrator-Photoshop. This position MAC only.Accuracy and consistency are key. Send resume to email@example.com for consideration. (id:4402023)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401406) DRIVER - VAN DRIVER/PART-TIME /20 HOURS WEEK Nonprofit agency in Palatine has 20 hour week job transporting adults with disabilities from home to work site for AM & PM routes. Applicants need valid driver license/good driving recd. Contact Liz @847-540-3703(P),847-438-9698 (F), email@example.com (id:4401851)
- MANAGEMENT - Science: Hospira, Inc. seeks Manager, Regulatory Affairs in Lake Forest, IL. Coordinate regulatory advice & support to manuf ops & other functional groups, & other local & global project teams. Review global reg strategies for new & marketed products to ensure they are in line w/ compliance & biz objectives, and cGMP reqs. 15% dom & int'l travel to meet w/ regulatory agencies. REQs: MS in Pharm, Bio, Chem, Pharmacology, Enviro & Occ Health, Public Health or related field & 5 yrs work exp OR BS in Pharm, Bio, Chem, Pharmacology, Enviro & Occ Health, Public Health or related & 7 yrs exp Must have exp w. R&D, Quality, & Mfg; developing products; Project Mgmt; ICH, EMA, & ASEAN; domestic & intl submissions w/ FDA & int'l reg agencies; & compliance with cGMP. Interested applicants: send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org reference: REQ#: IL0020. EOE (id:4400980) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Garibaldi's Restaurant in Arlington Hts., or Hoffman Estates, FT & PT positions available: counter help, pizza makers, delivery drivers, grill cooks. Call between 9a & 11a or 2p-4p. 847-577-4000 (id:4401439) DRIVERS - Janitor Hourly Pay and Benefits Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k Paid Vacation and Holidays Financially Sound Company Established 1934 Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Apply in person at: Old Dominion Freight Line 255 W Oakton Des Plaines, IL 60018 Or Fax Resume to 847-827-5990 (id:4402037)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.