Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Imrem, Mike
Imrem: These aren’t your dad’s Bears, Packers Sep 28, 2014 8:01 PM
Black and blue looked more like pretty pastels as the Packers and Bears combined for 854 total yards. Vince Lombardi and George Halas must have been wondering "what the heck is going on here?"
Imrem: White Sox’ Konerko always the true professional Sep 25, 2014 11:03 AM
Paul Konerko is about to join a select list of Chicago professional athletes who retired as beloved figures because of the way they conducted themselves on and off the field of play.
Imrem: Good time for Bears to make a point against Packers Sep 23, 2014 7:50 PM
The Packers, who play here Sunday, still are the NFC North's team to beat despite their 1-2 start. The Bears' assignment is to be the team that beats the team to beat.
Imrem: Cutler efficient enough to get job done Sep 23, 2014 12:35 AM
Jay Cutler wasn't spectacular against the Jets but just being efficient -- meaning zero interceptions -- was enough to lead the Bears to victory.
Imrem: Still some questions about upcoming Wrigley renovations Sep 21, 2014 8:54 PM
Wrigley Field won't be the same Wrigley Field next season. That's OK as long as the makeover plans include creature conveniences for fans as well as cash for the team.
Imrem: NFL done in by its own popularity Sep 17, 2014 10:31 PM
The NFL has been done in by its own popularity. It's hard for a sports league to hide from scandal when its year-round pursuit of attention lets everyone knows where to find it.
Imrem: Perfect time to appreciate ‘Peanut’ Sep 16, 2014 10:55 PM
If this is the end for Peanut Tillman, the Ray Rice/Adrian Peterson cases make it the perfect time to point out what an asset the Bears' cornerback has been to his team, league and community.
Imrem: We are to blame for NFL’s arrogance Sep 15, 2014 8:16 PM
The NFL's scandalous week hardly put a dent in its popularity over the weekend. This confirms suspicions that there's nobody to blame for the league's arrogance but ourselves.
Imrem: Just like that, all is well for Bears Sep 15, 2014 11:36 AM
Crisis? What crisis? The angst over the Bears' opening loss to Buffalo last week was soothed by a gutsy victory in the 49ers fancy new stadium.
Imrem: Fans and media also to blame for NFL’s mess Sep 10, 2014 7:51 PM
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says the NFL is held to a higher standard. However, you and me and the rest of America have failed in our duty to hold the league to that standard.
Imrem: A little fire and passion from Bears' Trestman wouldn't hurt Sep 9, 2014 5:14 AM
The Bears could use a little more fire and it wouldn't hurt if once in awhile a vein popped out of the neck of cerebral, composed, measured head coach Marc Trestman.
Imrem: No doubt about it, Goodell must go Sep 9, 2014 8:59 PM
It's tragically amusing that anyone has to even ask whether Roger Goodell should remain as NFL commissioner. He should be fired if he doesn't have the good sense to resign.
Imrem: Full Cutler on display: Good, bad and ugly Sep 8, 2014 10:49 AM
All of Jay Cutler was there for the world to see: the good, the bad and the ugly. Give him credit for somehow sensing that his 2 interceptions would be viewed negatively.
Imrem: Luck such a big factor in NFL Sep 6, 2014 9:33 PM
Here's a prediction of the Bears' final regular-season record but, to be honest, going into the opener your guess is as good as anybody's.
Imrem: Bears, Briggs serve up some controversy Sep 4, 2014 12:24 PM
Defensive star Lance Briggs went on the offensive, offensive guru Marc Trestman went on the defensive and the Bears' controversy officially became a "gate." Maybe you heard that Briggs received permission to take a personal day and skip Monday's practice. Maybe you also heard — though apparently Bears management didn't until after the fact — that Briggs went to California for the opening of his Double Nickel barbecue restaurant.
Imrem: It’s easy these days to appreciate the McCaskeys Sep 3, 2014 10:18 AM
Recent embarrassments involving Jim Irsay and Jerry Jones inspire a new appreciation of the McCaskeys as people, and maybe even as owners of the Bears.
Imrem: Time for Bears' Cutler to show he's all grown up Sep 2, 2014 4:59 AM
Jay Cutler isn't a kid anymore. If the Bears' want to fulfill their championship aspirations anytime soon, their quarterback will have to play like he's all grown up, Mike Imrem says. And why not? Cutler has the right head coach in Marc Trestman, a talented supporting cast and a franchise quarterback's contract.
Imrem: This is no time to sour on Da Coach Aug 20, 2014 6:46 PM
Remember this whenever Mike Ditka goes on a rambling rant that you might disagree with: Even if he's a crank, he's our crank.
Imrem: College athletics keeps getting slimier Aug 20, 2014 9:04 AM
Amid an alleged academic scandal involving football players, Notre Dame showcased its new football uniforms. Will someone please connect the dots here?
Imrem: D-Rose, Anthony Davis & Jabari Parker. Why not? Aug 18, 2014 5:46 AM
A Bulls fan's hoop dream might be that there is a hoop dream team out there waiting patiently to happen. How does a combination of Derrick Rose, Anthony Davis and Jabari Parker sound to you? A couple of the hang-ups are that Rose will have to do some serious recruiting, which he has been reluctant to do, and the basketball triplets can't come together for a while anyway because of contractual obligations under NBA rules.
- Cubs take next step and fire Renteria
- Reputed gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Northwest suburban trick-or-treating hours
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- St. Peter Lutheran School celebrates 150 years
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group email@example.com (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.