Activate Your Free
Articles filed under House 52
Endorsement: McSweeney’s drive merits return in House 52 Oct 13, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald recommends David McSweeney for a second term in the Illinois House 52nd District.
Bill Downs: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Candidate information for Bill Downs, running for 52nd District Representative
David McSweeney: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Candidate information for David McSweeney, running for 52nd District Representative
Dist. 52 candidates curtail campaign spending Sep 22, 2014 4:23 PM
Two years ago, the race for the state House 52nd District seat was the costliest legislative race in Illinois. This year, one of the candidates says he's avoiding campaign donations altogether.
52nd District Representative McSweeney: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Candidate information for 52nd District Representative McSweeney, running for 52nd District Representative
52nd District Representative Downs: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Candidate information for 52nd District Representative Downs, running for 52nd District Representative
State reps speak at Barrington HS April 3 Mar 28, 2013 3:07 PM
Members of the public are welcome to hear Republican state Rep. David McSweeney of Barrington Hills and Democratic state Rep. Christian Mitchell discuss various regional and state legislative topics from 10:15 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 3 before students at Barrington High School, 616 W. Main St. in Barrington. McSweeney is himself a graduate of Barrington High School and said he wanted to provide an opportunity for the current generation of students to hear about government and public service.
State Rep. McSweeney to host first town-hall meeting Feb 12, 2013 2:44 PM
Newly elected state Rep. David McSweeney, a Barrington Hills Republican representing the 52nd House District, will host his first town-hall meeting from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at the Algonquin Township offices, 3702 Route 14, Crystal Lake.
McSweeney handily defeats Beaubien in 52nd House District Nov 6, 2012 11:25 PM
In one of state's most contentious and high-priced battles, Republican David McSweeney will win the 52nd House District seat by a commanding margin over Independent Dee Beaubien. With 77 of 92 precincts reporting in the district's four counties, unofficial results show McSweeney ahead with 14,831 votes, or 60 percent of the total. Beaubien had 9,763 votes, or 40 percent. "I'll be laser-focused on getting things done in Springfield," McSweeney said. "There's one mission, and that's to improve the economy."
Hot races to watch in the Fox Valley Nov 5, 2012 6:01 AM
While the very top of the election ticket is undoubtedly getting the most attention, there are still plenty of local races to talk about. They range from a contentious and high-profile statehouse race to Kane and McHenry County Board contests where several incumbents are at risk of getting bounced out of office.
Hot state races to watch in Northwest suburbs Nov 5, 2012 6:00 AM
State legislative candidates may not command the same day-to-day attention as presidential and congressional hopefuls, but Illinois is grappling with enough crises of its own this year that several Springfield races are hot enough to give Northwest suburban voters reason to head to the polls Tuesday.
Beaubien not so independent Nov 2, 2012 4:40 AM
A Cary letter to the editor: I feel if Dee Beaubien is an independent she should support all Illinois residents in being able to show their independence - through an open primary - when it is time to vote.
Beaubien a voice of independence Oct 31, 2012 4:40 AM
A Barrington letter to the editor: Dee Beaubien's opponent complains that American citizens who are Democrats are supporting Dee Beaubien. Well, given a choice between Beaubien, as a middle of the road candidate, and the extremism of Beaubien's opponent, most of the people we talk to find Beaubien's independence to be a welcome fresh breeze.
Beaubien’s familiarity, experience important Oct 27, 2012 4:40 AM
A Crystal Lake letter to the editor: Dee Beaubien has always reasoned independently; and they know it in Springfield where she has often lobbied for Mark Beaubien's legislation. They trust her. Trust is a powerful tool in breaking barriers, such as in finding a solution to the pension stalemate — the taxpayers' nightmare.
Big money follows suburban legislative candidates Oct 16, 2012 2:12 PM
NewsCandidates for seats at the Statehouse are sprinting toward Election Day, and their growing accounts of campaign cash show where both parties are spending their money in the suburbs.
Spotlight on social issues in 52nd House race Oct 13, 2012 8:00 AM
Republican David McSweeney and independent Dee Beaubien both say their top priority in Springfield would be improving the state’s economic climate, and yet social issues at times have taken center stage in the heavily contested race for the 52nd House District seat.
Endorsement: McSweeney over Beaubien in 52nd House District Oct 10, 2012 5:00 AM
David McSweeney, a Republican from Barrington Hills, gains the Daily Herald's endorsement over independent Dee Beaubien of Barrington in the Illinois 52nd House District.
Beaubien reiterates independence despite $50,000 from Madigan Oct 4, 2012 12:41 PM
Democratic House Speaker Michael Madigan has dialed up his support for Dee Beaubien a couple notches, signaling the party's belief that the independent candidate's Republican opponent in the 52nd House District race is vulnerable. According to a campaign finance report filed Monday night, Madigan's personal campaign committee transferred $50,000 to Beaubien's camp, further aiding her quest to defeat Barrington Hills financial consultant David McSweeney.
Gay marriage a big issue but not biggest, candidates say Oct 4, 2012 1:24 PM
While the question whether same-sex couples should be legally allowed to marry is percolating on both the state and federal levels, suburban candidates on both sides of the issue are stepping back from making it a central point in their campaigns. Legislation in Springfield to legalize gay marriage is getting attention, and a state court case trying to achieve the same goal is under review.
Beaubien, McSweeney differ on how to fix budget Oct 5, 2012 8:13 PM
Republican David McSweeney and independent Dee Beaubien, vying for the 52nd State House District seat, say their priorities are job creation, economic growth and bringing Illinois back to a healthier financial position. McSweeney's and Beaubien's approaches to solving the state's fiscal crisis often contrast, however, with differing opinions on gambling, the budget process and the income tax increase.
- Cubs take next step and fire Renteria
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Reputed street gang members accused of illegal drug, firearm sales
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Web site, app help students apply to colleges nationwide
- Where school scores soared in Lake County
- Sold-out Chicago match marks rugby's soaring popularity
- Problem is seeing facilities as cash centers
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Lawsuit: Mom, daughter assaulted by clowns at haunted house
- Family questions response to Elgin man who died
- Shooting suspect caught after passers-by spotted him
- FBI says Bolingbrook teen hoped to join ISIS
- Bolingbrook teen in ISIS case called intelligent, normal
- Skies now more friendly for kids on autism spectrum
- Upscale Italian restaurant opening in Palatine
- Ebola nurse on defensive gets call from Obama
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Vernon Hills man charged in sexual exploitation case
- PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your credentials. (id:4389177) SNOWBLOW DRIVER - Palatine location seeks snow- plow driver -$32/hr, Must be available 24/7. Valid DL 847-776-2400 (id:4389489)
- SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski email@example.com Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) AUTO SALES - Auto Auto Dealership Management Team The Bob Rohrman Auto Group continues to grow. How do we continue to do this? By finding the best people available to join our organization. Are you one of these people? We are currently looking for experienced Managers at our Kia store in Schaumburg. GENERAL MANAGER -We're looking for a "take charge" leader with proven past success to hit the ground running. In this key role you will oversee activities of all dealership departments NEW CAR SALES MANAGER -Responsible for all activities in the New Car Sales division including assisting Sales Consultants in closing sales as needed. USED CAR MANAGER -Manager inventory of 150+ vehicles. Ensure individual and department sales goals and quotas are met. You must be a good closer in this role. This is an outstanding opportunity at a store with great location, a strong product line, and solid sales growth in 2014. We offer one of the industry's best pay plans plus all the BENEFITS including Health, Dental, 401(k), Etc. To set up a confidential interview please e-mail resume to: John Barrett Director of Operations -Chicago Bob Rohrman Auto Group firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389812) RECEPTIONIST - Busy Pediatric office in Arlington Hts. Tuesday and Friday 8:15 -5:30, plus one Saturday per month 8:15 -12:30. Candidate should have basic computer knowledge, customer service skills, ability to multi task. Medical office experience helpful but not necessary. $12.00-hour Send resume to: email@example.com (id:4389983)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.