Activate Your Free
Articles filed under House 44
Candidates for 44th House seat clash over campaign ads Oct 29, 2014 5:30 AM
In the race to represent the moderate 44th Illinois House district, state Rep. Fred Crespo and his Republican rival Ramiro Juarez are trying to protray the other as out-of-touch with voters. The election rematch has turned heated, with negative ads and state party leaders jumping into the fray. "The little games are just par for the course,” Crespo said. “This time it was a little over the top.”
Crespo, Juarez split on how to raise minimum wage Oct 19, 2014 2:35 PM
State Rep. Fred Crespo and his opponent in the race for the Illinois House 44th District seat agree on raising the minimum wage in Illinois, but have different ideas on how the increases would be structured. Crespo, a Hoffman Estates Democrat, thinks future increases should be tied to inflation, while Republican challenger Ramiro Juarez says the state should take steps to reduce the cost of living in Illinois.
Endorsement: Crespo for his positive record in House Dist. 44 Oct 11, 2014 1:01 AM
The Daily Herald endorses state Rep. Fred Crespo for re-election in House District 44.
Ramiro Juarez: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Candidate information for Ramiro Juarez, running for 44th District Representative
Fred Crespo: Candidate Profile Oct 10, 2014 3:55 PM
Candidate information for Fred Crespo, running for 44th District Representative
Riopell: Conservative radio host Dan Proft will spend $2 million in Illinois election Sep 25, 2014 6:19 PM
Talk radio host Dan Proft says he’s planning to spend $2 million before Election Day trying to help Republicans get elected to seats in Springfield. The conservative WLS-AM morning host heads up the Liberty Principles PAC, which will do ads and mailers for suburban Republican candidates and has already made a TV ad for businessman Mel Thillens of Park Ridge, who is running against Democratic state Rep. Marty Moylan of Des Plaines.
Moylan, Crespo giving up extra pay Jul 11, 2014 4:14 PM
Some Illinois lawmakers are taking matters into their own hands after the legislature moved for the first time in years not to take furlough days to save taxpayer dollars. Democratic state Reps. Fred Crespo, Marty Moylan and Republican Rep. Don Moffitt are among those who plan to donate to charity the minimum $3,100 in additional money they’ll see in their paychecks this year.
44th District Representative Juarez: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Candidate information for 44th District Representative Juarez, running for 44th District Representative
44th District Representative Crespo: Candidate Profile Oct 9, 2014 11:24 AM
Candidate information for 44th District Representative Crespo, running for 44th District Representative
Crespo easy winner in 44th House District Nov 6, 2012 11:59 PM
Hoffman Estates Democrat Fred Crespo will take on a third term representing the 44th District of the Illinois House after scoring an easy victory over his Republican challenger, Ramiro Juarez. "I think Democrats won nationwide and it reflected in the results of Illinois," Juarez' campaign manager Mark Kramer said.
Hot state races to watch in Northwest suburbs Nov 5, 2012 6:00 AM
State legislative candidates may not command the same day-to-day attention as presidential and congressional hopefuls, but Illinois is grappling with enough crises of its own this year that several Springfield races are hot enough to give Northwest suburban voters reason to head to the polls Tuesday.
44th House candidates want quick pension reform Oct 23, 2012 6:32 PM
The candidates for the 44th district of the Illinois House agree that pension reform needs to be addressed immediately. Democrat incumbent Fred Crespo, of Hoffman Estates, and Republican Ramiro Juarez, of Streamwood, said they would like to see the state make payments in full and on time, but disagreed on whether the burden should be shifted to the local level. Juarez said he would support a small percentage being required of school districts if it is phased in gradually.
State hopefuls debate education at U-46 forum Oct 12, 2012 10:12 AM
Pension reform, teacher evaluations and unions were among the topics candidates during an election forum at Elgin High School. The 22nd District race features incumbent Democrat Michael Noland of Elgin and challenger Cary Collins, a Republican from Hoffman Estates. Fred Crespo, a Democrat from Hoffman Estates and incumbent in the 44th District race, took on Republican challenger Ramiro Juarez of Streamwood.
Candidates debate education funding at Schaumburg forum Oct 11, 2012 12:19 AM
In a candidates’ forum sponsored by the Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs Wednesday night, it’s perhaps only to be expected that the issue of Illinois’ establishing a reliable funding stream for education should get the biggest spotlight. Different approaches to reaching this goal were shared by the Democratic incumbents and Republican challengers in the 44th and 56th District state House races and the 22nd and 28th District state Senate races at Addams Junior High School in Schaumburg.
Endorsement: Crespo over Juarez in House Dist. 44 Oct 10, 2012 5:00 AM
Experience and his knowledge of the issues earns incumbent Fred Crespo the Daily Herald endorsement in state House District 44.
Schaumburg Township PTAs host candidate forum Oct 9, 2012 6:40 PM
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs will host a candidate forum Oct. 10 at Addams Junior High School, 700 S. Springinsguth Road in Schaumburg. Candidates from the 44th and 56th District state House races and the 22nd and 28th District state Senate races are invited.
Key statehouse battles take shape in suburbs Oct 2, 2012 6:59 AM
With a lot at stake in the upcoming election, several key suburban legislative races are receiving extra attention from Republican and Democratic leaders. If issues including cutting teachers retirements and gambling expansion aren’t settled this fall, they’ll land in the laps of lawmakers elected in November.
Schaumburg PTAs host state candidates’ forum Sep 28, 2012 5:13 PM
The Schaumburg Township Council of PTAs will host a candidates’ forum at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 10, at Addams Junior High School, 700 S. Springinsguth Road in Schaumburg. Both the Democratic and Republican contenders in the 44th and 56th state House races and the 22nd and 28th state Senate races have been invited.
44th House candidates disagree on Sears deal Sep 19, 2012 6:31 PM
The two candidates for the 44th district of the Illinois House agree on a lot of issues, but one they cannot see eye to eye on are tax breaks for Sears. Incumbent Fred Crespo, of Hoffman Estates, supported the break, while Ramiro Juarez, of Streamwood, thought it was approached the wrong way. "I think people were more angry because there was no transparency," Juarez said.
Ramiro Juarez: Candidate Profile Sep 21, 2012 4:42 PM
Candidate information for Ramiro Juarez, running for 44th District Representative
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Attorney general: DuPage forest preserve should release termination letter
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Dist. 95 critical of proposed state education funding change
- Streamwood lives to play another day
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.