Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Home Show
Home selection can also be lifestyle choice Mar 27, 2015 12:00 AM
Do you want to change your lifestyle from “ho hum” to “wow?” Several new home communities in the suburbs offer more than a house. If you want to live among nature, if you’d like to live in a waterfront home, or if you’re into sustainable living, it’s time to live your dream.
Design trends revealed in local model homes Mar 20, 2015 12:00 AM
When purchasing a new home, one of the most important decisions buyers make is choosing a good floor plan. Today’s best floor plans reflect how buyers have moved to interactive lifestyles with open designs and the kitchen being the center of the action.
Today’s top model homes reveal newest design trends Mar 13, 2015 6:00 AM
What’s happening in the world of interior design? You’ll see exciting and creative interiors with lots of pizazz in today’s new homes. Gray still reigns as the new neutral.
Master bedrooms have grown in style and stature Mar 7, 2015 7:00 AM
Once a simple place to sleep, the master bedroom has evolved into a luxury suite where owners can get away from it all for some private time and a little pampering. Today the master suite is plush, comfortable and full of luxury. It often comprises a good-sized bedroom, his-and-hers closets, a reading or sitting area and a spalike bath. If homeowners desire, the suite can include all the amenities of a five-star hotel.
High visibility and use put kitchens in the spotlight Feb 27, 2015 3:49 PM
Beautiful and efficient kitchens take center stage in today’s open-style home designs. No longer walled away out of sight, today’s kitchens welcome family and friends into an entire living area where everything is open and on display.
First-time Wheeling home show declared a success Feb 9, 2015 5:36 AM
Suburban homeowners had a chance to talk with contractors, gardeners, builders and even a television star Sunday about the latest in residential products and trends, during the North Shore Home and Garden Expo Sunday at the Westin Chicago North Shore in Wheeling. “This is a first-time event and has been really well attended. It has been phenomenal for everybody,” said Sandy Hardescy, president of Showcase Productions.
Sneak peek: Geneva Christmas House Tour homes Dec 3, 2014 7:01 AM
Get holiday decorating ideas at the annual Christmas House Tour. Five homes, each with their own distinctive character, will open for self-guided tours from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Dec. 5 and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 6. Each home will shine in holiday adornments presented by local decorators and designers.
Find holiday spirit at Geneva Christmas Walk and House Tour Dec 2, 2014 7:01 PM
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, as the holiday elves have been busy creating a magical experience in Geneva for its 47th Christmas Walk on Friday, Dec. 5, and House Tour festivities on Friday and Saturday, Dec. 5-6.
Buyers today want a home that matches their lifestyle Oct 6, 2014 10:54 AM
When purchasing a new home, people today have diverse ideas of where and how they want to live, and it may not be the home and neighborhood of their grandparents. For example, a buyer’s top priority may be finding a low-maintenance townhouse or condominium in a downtown setting, or an active-adult community for seniors.
Kitchens are the heart of the home Sep 26, 2014 12:01 AM
Several years ago when the walls came down, the open floor plan took off and home designs continue to cater to our more relaxed, busy lifestyles. Combining the kitchen and adjacent living areas into a large open gathering space fosters togetherness.
Frank Lloyd Wright home featured on Batavia House Walk Sep 25, 2014 6:42 AM
Although each of the five homes on the Batavia MainStreet House Walk is special, organizers expect one in particular to be popular — it's a Frank Lloyd Wright home. The eighth annual house walk, which includes a tea at Water Street Studios, takes place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 28.
Large, luxury custom homes remain as popular as ever Sep 19, 2014 12:01 AM
While most people living in the Chicago area don’t own a mansion worth millions of dollars, there’s no reason homebuyers can’t have a smaller slice of the pie. Those who can afford large luxury homes have always been attracted to them. And, if history offers an indication of the future, beautiful homes in ideal locations will always draw homebuyers, builders say.
Housing demand sparks new construction in suburban Chicago Sep 5, 2014 1:42 PM
Ready buyers, strong demand for new homes and restored consumer confidence add up to good news for area homebuilders as they begin to develop land and open new communities. “We have a strong demand in the market and a very limited supply of good homes in good locations,” said Lance Ramella, senior vice president with John Burns Real Estate Consulting.
Art meets history in Elgin’s annual House Tour Sep 4, 2014 6:01 PM
Now in its 33rd year, the annual Historic Elgin House Tour is an opportunity to experience firsthand just a few of the reasons why Elgin was named “Best Place to Buy an Old House” in 2009 by This Old House magazine. The tour is set for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 6, and features six homes located along Elgin’s prestigious Douglas Avenue.
These communities celebrate the great outdoors Mar 28, 2014 12:01 AM
Inspired by the beauty of nature, the joy of sustainable living or the tranquillity of water, these homes beckon you to unplug and head outdoors. It’s what’s on the outside that matters at these new home communities.
Modern floor plans maximize open spaces Mar 21, 2014 12:01 AM
Today the open floor plan reigns with the kitchen integrated into the breakfast, dinette and family room for one large gathering space.
Interior designers, model homes showcase decor trends Mar 14, 2014 12:01 AM
Outfitted in current colors, furnishings and styles, model homes must look good, feel good and fit the buyer’s lifestyle. Local builders want visitors to be inspired when they walk through their Chicago-area models and to envision themselves living there.
Master suites grow in stature and style Mar 7, 2014 12:01 AM
Today’s great master suite is all about luxury and comfort — a private sanctuary that pampers and pleases the eye. Do you want an elegant, romantic space or a casual, charming spot?
Modern kitchen is multipurpose Feb 28, 2014 12:01 AM
The recipe for today’s best kitchen is to create a space where family and friends will love to hang out — because today’s kitchens are for living. The kitchen is no longer just for cooking, but part of a larger kitchen/dining/living space.
Advances in electronics make for 'smarter' houses Oct 4, 2013 4:20 PM
Once the stuff of science fiction, high-tech gadgetry has moved into the mainstream as more and more people turn their houses into “smart homes.” How would you like to be sitting in bed and press a button on your iPad to lock your doors, turn off the lights and set the alarm before you retire at night?
- Duckworth to announce Senate bid Monday
- Struwing, South Elgin capture tournament title
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- FACT CHECK: Myths in the political roar over Common Core
- Lake in the Hills man remembered for volunteering, passion for living
- Chef Massimo's Vegan Puttanesca Sauce
- Elgin man gets 25 years in prison for sexually assaulting girl
- Singapore urges restraint as Lee mourners queue for 10 hours
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Earthquake reported west of Lake in the Hills
- Police: Huntley man killed his wife
- Why gas prices are rising in the suburbs
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- Aurora soldier and his cousin accused in terrorist plot
- Dawn Patrol: Quake near Lake in the Hills; student brings BB gun to school
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Parents: We shouldn't need permission to skip school testing
- Alone at controls, co-pilot sought to 'destroy' the plane
- Report: Walgreens employees to stop saying 'Be well'
- Why man is still paying for a 2004 speeding ticket
- Coyote rescued from car grille returns to wild
- State's attorney pledges help for suburban Sikhs
- Fox Lake fire district seeks tax increase April 7
- College of DuPage faculty: Endorsed candidates will bring integrity to board
- Batavia, Kaneland, Geneva school candidates' views on campaign contributions
- Would you like to print out a new part?
- Signing Ball gives Bears depth at cornerback
- Elk Grove Joe Caputo & Sons opening by July 4
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4402421) DRIVER - Drivers: Local P&D and Line Haul Openings! Great Home-Time, Pay & Benefits! CDL-A w/X & T, 1yr Exp. Req. (EOE/AA) Old Dominion Freight Line Call Tom Doyle: 1-800-245-2321 (id:4401893) RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722)
- CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING EVENT - Bob Rohrman Auto Group Schaumburg, IL This hiring event is for all 15 Chicagoland locations in the Bob Rohrman Auto Group! We have locations in Schaumburg, Arlington Heights, Libertyville, Gurnee, Oakbrook, Kenosha, WI and Chesterton, IN. Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University Our best sales associates make well over $100,000 per year. Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputation in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license -Interviews: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 2pm to 6pm Interviews held at: -ROHRMAN UNIVERSITY 1225 N Plum Grove Rd Schaumburg, IL 60173. Behind Red Lobster and across fromSchaumburg Honda. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman, 1-269-591-2223, Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4402016) MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - LIFEGUARDS LAKESIDE VILLAS in Wheeling is looking for Lifeguards for the 2015 pool season. Guards must have current certification and be at least 18 years old or must be entering their senior year of high school in the fall of 2015. Working hours from Sunday thru Saturday. Starting pay is $10.50 per hour. If you are interested or need further information, please contact the community's Property Manager, Maria Cardenas at email@example.com or at(630) 627-3303. (id:4401876)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513) HVAC TECHNICIAN - Seeking HVAC technican with 5 yrs. exp. for well established commercial co. Must be able to service RTU'S, unit heaters & air handlers. Benefits incl. health ins., pd vac & 401k. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4401848) PROJECT MANAGER AND SUPERINTENDENTS - Now hiring Construction Project Managers and Superintendents. Email your resume to email@example.com (id:4401406)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.