Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hoffman Estates
Moving Picture: Hoffman Estates man portrays Jesus every Good FridayApr 18, 2014 12:00 AM
For the past twelve years on Good Friday, tens of thousands have watched and walked with Hoffman Estates resident Romualdo Alvarado, who portrays Jesus in the final moments of his life before his crucifixion. Via Crucis, The Way of the Cross, takes place at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe on the Maryville Campus in Des Plaines. “Now, I’m ready for the cross. I love the cross,” Alvarado says, “I don’t follow Jesus for the milk or the bread. I follow Jesus because he promised me eternal life. I believe in his words, that’s why I follow him.”
Elgin Area Chamber CEO Unplugged-All in the Family featuring Mark Seigle Apr 18, 2014 12:00 AM
How does an accomplished family business owner reinvent himself after its long-standing Elgin business is sold? Why would he start a new business after being retired? How did market conditions and changes affect the business, the family and its employees?
Schaumburg Township Mental Health Awareness FairApr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
The Schaumburg Township Mental Health Committee and Township Board of Trustees are hosting their 2nd annual Mental Health Awareness Fair on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 from 2-6 p.m., at Schaumburg Township, 1 Illinois Blvd., in Hoffman Estates. Admission is free and open to the public.
Free Kite Fly in PalatineApr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Ninth annual Flying 4 Kids event to be held April 26 at Riemer Reservoir.
Variety of Children’s Programs Coming to Schaumburg Township District LibraryApr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Comedy, magic, stories and more are coming in April and May to the kidsZone of the Schaumburg Township District Library, 130 S. Roselle Rd., Schaumburg.
Library Sells Earth Day T-Shirts To Benefit Schaumburg Township Food PantryApr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Three styles of Earth Day T-shirts will be for sale from noon to 2:30 p.m., on Earth Day, Tuesday, April 22 in the lobby of the Schaumburg Township District Library, 130 S. Roselle Rd., Schaumburg.
Girls on the Town Event Coming to Palatine April 25Apr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
The evening offers extended hours from select local merchants, with opportunities to shop, pamper, dine and learn.
Free Screening of Documentary That Explores Economic InequalityApr 17, 2014 12:00 AM
In partnership with A Just Harvest, Congregational United Church of Christ will host a free screening of the award-winning documentary “Inequality for All” at 1pm on Wednesday, April 23. A lively discussion led by congresswoman Jan Schakowsky will follow the viewing.
College readiness seminar in Hoffman EstatesApr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
The Hoffman Estates Youth Commission will present a College Readiness Seminar and Scholarship Panel from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at Hoffman Estates village hall, 1900 Hassell Road, to help residents understand and combat the ever-increasing costs of higher education. Learn about how families can get their children through college without any major out-of-pocket expenses or student loans.
‘Cupcakes for Autism’ at Conant H.S. April 26Apr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
The Autism Society of Illinois is partnering with Conant High School’s student clubs for Cupcakes for Autism and Special Olympics, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at the school, 700 E. Cougar Trail in Hoffman Estates. Cupcakes are $2 each or $20 for 12. There also will be free entertainment, crafts, face painting, a DJ for dancing, balloon artist, meet-and-greet with the band 7th Heaven and much more.
Hanover Township lauds Hoffman Estates doctorApr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
Hanover Township has recognized a Hoffman Estates doctor who provides free colonoscopies to low-income residents with the first Trisha L. Simon award. Dr. Brian Muska is the inaugural recipient of the award, named in honor of the township’s former community health director who died in 2012 after a long battle with colon cancer.
Hidden Gems in Our CommunityApr 16, 2014 12:00 AM
Hidden Gems in Our Community is a program, sponsored by Illinois State Representative Michelle Mussman, as a women’s issues advisory committee meeting. “It was developed based on the idea that there are many women living within the area, who have inspiring and unexpected stories to share,” said Magdaleno.
Sears names leader for home services businessApr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Sears Holdings Corp. said Arun Arora will join the company as senior vice president and president, Home Services.
Hoffman Estates Improvement Day April 26Apr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Hoffman Estates Village Improvement day returns this month. To prepare open spaces for spring enjoyment, the Hoffman Estates Sustainability Commission is sponsoring the event from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 26. The village has identified various parks and natural areas for cleanup.
From the superintendent: Dist. 54 follows fiscal planApr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
In sports, it is called a game plan. The construction industry uses a blueprint. Business refers to it as a strategic plan. In School District 54, our Mission, Vision, Commitments and Goals outline the action plan we follow.
Call for Distinguished Alumni nominationsApr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Harper College is accepting nominations for its 2014 Distinguished Alumni Awards, an annual honor saluting former students for outstanding career and community achievements.
Chicago Skyliners Big Band to play in PalatineApr 15, 2014 12:00 AM
Chicago Skyliners Big Band to perform at Cutting Hall on April 27.
Business owner left behind Wall Street for Libertyville streetsApr 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Kukec's People features Bill Kaiser, who was a broker for 36 years, owning William S. Kaiser Corp. since 1978, which then morphed into Zap Futures Inc. when he introduced electronic trading in 1994. He had 24 brokers and 12 support staff and even did live 5-minute reports from the Mercantile Exchange daily for CNBC. Now, he owns two family-oriented businesses in Libertyville. What made him change?
Distracted drivers are what’s truly scaryApr 14, 2014 12:00 AM
A Hoffman Estates letter to the editor: In reference to Fran Puchli’s era of scary (“Era of concealed carry is scary,” March 17), Fran, there are many other areas of our society that are more scary than concealed carry. One big area is driving on the road.
French dining in Hoffman Estates April 24Apr 14, 2014 12:00 AM
Join Hoffman Estates’ Sister Cities Commission for its 17th annual French dining evening, “Soiree Culinaire — Discovering French Delicacies,” from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, April 24 at The Stonegate Conference & Banquet Centre, 2401 W. Higgins Road. Enjoy the flavors of France prepared by Chef Patrick Guat from Hoffman Estates’ Sister City of Angouleme, France.
- Naperville teacher knows what makes students tick
- Gurnee cops seek missing teen
- Boy, 15, recovered from Crystal Lake pond is dead
- Renteria has message for his 4-11 Cubs
- Blarney Island being raised above Chain flood levels
- Naperville officer drives squad car atop rock
- Authorities file objections to some concealed carry permits
- Study: Suburban schools could lose or gain if tax drops
- Dist. 214 may drop out of national lunch plan
- Barrington man accused of drug trafficking
SOSEScript: generic_rss failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 101 position 3: Object required: 'rssXML'
- FERIADE TRABAJO LIMPIEZA - Limpieza en oficinas, bancos Y escuelas medio tiempo por las tardes se buscan gerentes de area con experienca tiempo completo. Aplicar en persona al 955 Busse Rd, Elk Grove Village 847-378-8758 (id:4370549) MATERIAL HANDLER - Material Handler Elgin Plastic Co. seeking candidates for all shifts. Must speak/read English, have good math skills, high attn. to detail, able to lift 55 lbs. Bi-lingual a plus. We offer health/dental ins. & 401k. $12-$14/hr. Email: email@example.com or Fax 847-468-9951 (id:4370872) LEGAL SECRETARY WITH FAMILY LAW EXPERIE - St. Charles law firm looking for part-time secretary with family law experience. Flexible hours, salary based on experience. Send resumes to 630-443-6204 or firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4368900)
- DRIVER - Local company seeks drivers to transport railroad crews up to a 200 mile radius from Aurora/Eola, IL. Must live with-in 20 min. of Aurora/Eola, be 21 or older & pre-employment drug screen req'd. A company vehicle is provided, paid training & benefits available. No special license needed. Compensation is $8.50/hr. Apply at www.renzenberger.com (id:4370001) ACTIVITY ASSISTANT - Healthcare Hiring Immediately! Activities Assistant Thurs, Sunday & Monday 24 hrs/wk -9:30am-6:00pm Must work assigned schedules including Holidays(No Exception). Plan, organize and facilitate activities for residents with cognitive disabilities. HS Dip, 1 yr exp reqd, AA prefd. Apply: www.belmontvillagejobs.com Call: 847-537-5000, fax: 847-537-5308, apply in person at: Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 EOE (id:4370798) BANKING - Banking-A Wintrust Community Bank. FT Teller Mgr, HS Diploma 2+ yrs exp Email: email@example.com Wintrust and all its subsidiaries are EOE (id:4370941)
- CNA'S - C.N.A.'s 2nd & 3rd shift F/T Must be certified. Apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor Healthcare, 1301 Lee St, Des Plaines, IL phone 847-635-4000 fax 847-827-5796 (id:4370716) MACHINIST - Machinist Opening for setup/operator Vertical & Horizontal Machining Centers. Must have experience. Email resume firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4370382) COUNTRY CLUB COOK - Full time ala carte cooks for snack shop and kitchen.Exp. pref.-Meals and uniforms provided.Email email@example.com (id:4370916)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.