Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hoffman Estates
Ebola Awareness for Village of Schaumburg Residents Oct 31, 2014 7:11 AM
Ebola Awareness for Village of Schaumburg Residents
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Oct 31, 2014 7:36 AM
Elk Grove Theatre Presents “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
Palatine Park District Launches Website for Community Engagement Oct 31, 2014 7:43 AM
Palatine Park District Launches Website for Community Engagement
Schaumburg Public Works Receives APWA Accreditation Oct 31, 2014 7:34 AM
NOWEB Schaumburg Public Works Receives APWA Accreditation
Adocate Health Care job fair seeks experienced nurses Oct 31, 2014 10:47 AM
Three Advocate Health Care facilities are teaming up for a job fair in search of experienced nurses. The registered nurse job fair will take place from 2 to 7 p.m. Monday, Nov. 10, at the Chicago Marriott Northwest.
Northwest suburban police blotter Oct 31, 2014 3:34 PM
A Des Plaines man was scammed out of $2,500 after he placed an ad on Care.com looking for employment. He received a text message from a subject stating that an elderly lady was moving to Des Plaines and would need an adult sitter. The victim was sent a check by US mail for $2,850. He was instructed to keep $350 and purchase four Green Dot Money Cards valued at $500 each. He gave the numbers on the cards to a caller.
Marcel’s Culinary Experience, Glen Ellyn, Announces New Gift Boxes, Private/Corporate Event Options Oct 31, 2014 4:52 PM
Marcel’s Culinary Experience (www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com), a gourmet retail store and recreational cooking school in downtown Glen Ellyn, is gearing up for the year-end holidays with new gift boxes and private event options. “With the improving economy, our customers are getting into holiday mode earlier this year. Many weekend evenings already are booked with corporate and family holiday parties, and we’ve been getting inquiries about gift baskets and boxes for a while,” says Marcel’s Proprietor Jill Foucré. With gift giving and entertaining in mind, Marcel’s staff has assembled six collections of small-batch specialty foods, starting at $75, that come attractively packaged in a Marcel’s branded box for pick up at the store or shipment anywhere in North America. Themes include Taste of Italy, Party Starter and Marcel’s Favorites (as selected by the staff). Many items are made by Chicago area and regional purveyors. “We also can create custom-designed gift baskets or boxes, based on a customer’s preferred theme and budget, and we can even include a bottle of wine,” says Foucré. She encourages individuals and corporate event planners looking to create fun, food-oriented holiday parties, private group classes and other special events to contact her soon, especially if they have a specific date in mind. “Weekends are booking up quickly, as is the entire month of December,” she says. Since its September 2011 opening, Marcel’s has been the site of an increasing number of private events, including birthday and anniversary parties, baby and bridal showers, club meetings, corporate team-building outings, and company celebrations of all types. With its beautifully appointed, professional quality kitchen, skilled chefs, and wide choice of menus, Marcel’s lends itself to a variety of event themes and formats. Options range from cocktail parties to demonstration and participatory cooking classes for all skill levels (including kids and teens) to seated meals and everything in between. “Guests can create an unforgettable meal under the guidance of one of our professional chefs, or they can sit back, relax, savor a glass of wine and watch as our chef takes the reins on their culinary journey,” says Foucré. The Marcel’s staff works with each host to tailor the menu, beverages and guest participation levels according to the specific budget. Events typically range from 10 to 60 people, depending on format and events for smaller groups are available as well. In addition to food and beverages prepared and served at each event, guests receive copies of the featured recipes, a Marcel’s apron, and a 10% discount on all purchases made at Marcel’s that day. For more information about gift boxes or hosting a party or other event at Marcel’s Culinary Experience, stop by the store at 490 N. Main St., Glen Ellyn, call 630-790-8500 or visit www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com.
Suburban teen releases song/video for Chronic Pain Awareness Nov. 2 Oct 31, 2014 6:12 PM
A local 14-year-old girl wrote, recorded and released a song on iTunes and a music video on YouTube to create awareness for reflex sympathetic dystrophy, also known as complex regional pain syndrome. The song, written by Danielle Stratton, is about her struggle with chronic pain over the last four years.
Fine Line show features holiday gifts by top artists Oct 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Mark your calendar for Christmastime at the Fine Line Show and Sale, Dec. 5-13. This annual juried event in St. Charles showcases the best of our members’ artistic talents, and offers a wide range of unique holiday gifts.
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week Oct 29, 2014 7:29 AM
Ebola awareness panel, other events highlight International Education Week
Hoffman Estates offering flu shots Oct 29, 2014 4:55 PM
The Hoffman Estates Department of Health and Human Services will offer Quadrivalent vaccines to protect adults and children (must be 6 months old) against four strains of flu viruses. Three clinics will be held in November.
Two new Hoffman restaurants in line for tax breaks Oct 29, 2014 5:30 AM
Hoffman Estates officials are recommending that new Moretti’s and Whiskey River restaurants at the southeast corner of Higgins and Barrington roads be eligible for up to $550,000 in property tax reimbursements from the tax increment finance district in which they’re locating. Neither restaurant has a scheduled opening date.
Seats Available for Library Bus Trip to Newsies Oct 28, 2014 8:33 AM
Seats Available for Library Bus Trip to Newsies
Sedgebrook Residents Pumping Iron Oct 28, 2014 3:32 PM
The Ironman Triathlon is widely considered to be among the most challenging athletic events in the world. Sedgebrook introduced a modified, but still impressive version of the Ironman/Ironwoman this summer, with approximately 40 residents signing on.
Hoffman Estates extends Sears Centre management contracts Oct 28, 2014 8:56 AM
Pleased with how Philadelphia-based Global Spectrum has turned around the fortunes of the village-owned Sears Centre Arena since 2010, Hoffman Estates trustees Monday recommended a five-year extension to the company’s management agreement.
Hoffman Estates hosts public works open house Nov. 8 Oct 28, 2014 5:06 PM
The Hoffman Estates Public Works Department will host an open house from 10 a.m. to noon, Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Susan H. Kenley-Ruplow Public Works Center, 2305 Pembroke Ave. Visitors will have the opportunity to tour the facility, get an up-close view of public works equipment and speak with an arborist about the emerald ash borer and other tree concerns. Kids in attendance can receive a personalized sign from the village sign shop, take a ride in a snowplow and take on a climbing wall.
When to trick-or-treat in the Northwest suburbs Oct 28, 2014 1:52 PM
In most Northwest suburbs kids are being asked to collect their Halloween loot within specific hours — to wear costumes easily seen by drivers and to visit only homes where the front lights are on. All trick or treat hours listed here are for Friday, Oct. 31.
Have a safe and spooky Halloween with safety tips from Illinois Poison Center Oct 28, 2014 5:59 PM
With children across Illinois set to hit the streets for trick-or-treating, the Illinois Poison Center is urging parents and guardians to be cautious about Halloween products like dry ice and cosmetics that could prove dangerous if used improperly.
Get tickets now for Literacy Connection’s 30th anniversary celebration Oct 28, 2014 8:30 PM
The Literacy Connection is hosting its 30th anniversary celebration and fundraiser at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, at the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin. The agency provides free literacy tutoring to adults in our community, and the tutor training teaches volunteers to help their neighbors learn to read, write, speak and understand English better. RSVP or make a gift by Oct. 29.
DUI suspect slams into Hoffman Estates school Oct 27, 2014 7:46 PM
A man suspected of drunk driving slammed his car into Eisenhower Junior High in Hoffman Estates while fleeing from a traffic stop early Saturday morning, causing significant damage to the school's gymnasium. According to a message on Eisenhower's website, a structural engineer will be visiting the school today to determine a plan of action for the necessary repairs. The school was planning on conducting physical education classes and basketball practices outdoors.
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Cubs make it official: Rick Renteria out, Joe Maddon in
- Insurance firm sues to avoid cost of arrested-cops cases
- Trial date set for ex-Bear Avellini on DUI charges
- Live video: Upstate Eight Conference girls swimming and diving meet
- A trip back in time
- U-46 CEO: A few things could create $24 million deficit
- Joe Caputo & Sons to open Elk Grove Village store by January
- Waves slam Chicago lakeshore
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Batavia picks off Geneva
- Palatine gets it right
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- A last chance to end 50-year Rt. 53 extension struggle
- Why did Marine from Elk Grove Village take his life?
- Palatine powers past Barrington
- Facebook post gets heat from Elgin police
- Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse
- Imrem: Toughest thing about Bears is watching them
- MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - Mechanic -Simpson Strong-Tie is looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic Repair all facility equipment and ground maintenance. Experience in electrical, HVAC, and plumbing repairs a plus. Landscape maintenance, snow removal, factory housekeeping. Forklift exp. desired. Great benefits. Fax to 630-596-1458 or email email@example.com (id:4389553) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892)
- SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST - CONSULTANT WANTED SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST PLEASE NOTE: We are looking for someone to do the work, NOT tell us how to do it. Leading auto aftermarket supplier of consumer and industrial chemical products seeks an industry expert to work with our team on an ongoing basis (annual retainer). Areas of expertise we are seeking include: Sourcing (packaging components, chemicals, display, promotion) Manufacturing / Operations National manufacturing & distribution. Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. We have # 1 brands and sell to most major chains. Some travel may be required. Please respond to email@example.com with your credentials. (id:4389177) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254) DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751)
- MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing100 Jobs! Plastics company in Hanover Park needs Pickers/ Packers, Assemblers, Inspectors and Machine Operators NOW for 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4389520) WAITSTAFF - Wine Bar Servers & Wait Staff Wanted Experienced Only Need Apply Please send resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Ken Siwieck 1111 Willis Ave. Wheeling, IL 60090 We are an equal opportunity employer (id:4389440) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.