Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hoffman Estates High School
Schaumburg earns share of West title Oct 9, 2014 11:55 PM
The Schaumburg girls volleyball team clinched a tie for first in the Mid-Suburban West on Thursday night with a 25-23, 25-9 victory at Hoffman Estates. Senior Oyinkan Akinola put down 8 kills for the Saxons while Mallory Gerber and Lexi Ross each added 3. Schaumburg improved to 16-6 and 8-1 in the West, one match ahead of Fremd (7-2) and Palatine (7-2) with one to play.
Football: Scouting Week 7, Northwest Oct 10, 2014 1:09 AM
Here's a look ahead at the Week 7 matchups of the high school football season involving teams from the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Maine West, Leyden and Christian Liberty Academy.
Make its 12 straight MSL East titles for Hersey Oct 9, 2014 11:21 PM
The longest division winning streak in Mid-Suburban League girls volleyball history is alive and well.Hersey made it 12 straight East crowns on Thursday night when the Huskies rallied from a second-set loss and a 10-7 deficit in Set 3 to post a 25-18, 20-25, 25-12 victory at Buffalo Grove.
Wheeling keeps hope alive, meets Hersey for East title Oct 9, 2014 11:17 PM
Wheeling was a forgotten team during the first half of the Mid-Suburban League boy ssoccer season as others in the division stormed ahead of the reigning conference champs. But five straight victories have put the Wildcats (11-5-4, 7-2-1-22 points) on the brink of a second consecutive trip the MSL Cup, with only Hersey standing in the way.
Prospect passes key test against Hersey as Liva soars Oct 9, 2014 10:19 PM
Last season, Prospect ended Hersey’s six-year string of girls swimming and diving championships in the Mid-Suburban East. This fall, it looks like Prospect has started a streak of its own. On senior night for the Knights at Wheeling’s pool, Prospect used a 1-2-3 finish in the 100-yard backstroke to pull away from Hersey 101-85 in the matchup pitting the top two teams in the MSL East. Prospect still needs a victory against Wheeling next week for an outright championship, but the toughest obstacle to repeat has been cleared — and in breathtaking fashion. Knights senior diver Dana Liva made sure of that, hitting all six of her dives on the way to breaking her own team and pool records with a 311.65 score. The lowest score the Wisconsin-bound standout received on any dive was a 6. She was awarded nothing below an 8 on her first dive, a back dive in the pike position.
Barrington takes aim at 20th straight MSL title Oct 8, 2014 10:52 PM
The next few weeks will be intense for the Mid-Suburban League and other northwest suburban girls tennis teams as the postseason begins with conference tournaments. The MSL teams will compete at Schaumburg today through Saturday. Barrington (16-5) has established quite a reliable trend, having won the league title for 19 straight years. The Fillies have already gone 5-0 to secure the MSL West Division title and will be tough to beat as they go after a 20th consecutive overall league crown.
Hersey secures share of East title Oct 7, 2014 11:32 PM
Senior Night proved to be a big hit for Hersey’s girls volleyball team at the Ken Carter Gymnasium in Arlington Heights. Providing some of the biggest hits were Liz Fuerst (7 kills), Caity Strozewski (6), Gabri Olhava (4) and Kelly Hill (3) as the Huskies posted a 26-24, 25-18 victory over visiting Wheeling. Hersey (18-4, 8-0) clinched a tie for its 12th straight Mid-Suburban East crown under coach Nancy Lill.
Hoffman Estates win Peoria Central Invite Oct 4, 2014 5:52 PM
Hoffman Estates placed seven girls in the top 27, helping the Hawks secure first place with 77 points at the Peoria Central Invite on the Detweiller Park course. Junior Meagan Biddle paced the Hawks by taking fifth place in 17:55.
Second-half surge favors Palatine Oct 2, 2014 11:00 PM
Palatine's Jordan Irwin and the rest of the linebacking corps for the Pirates played downhill Thursday. Meanwhile, teamate Chris Cornelius was off to the races. Irwin, along with Dillon McHugh, Vince Serio and Michael Williams, kept Hoffman Estates' offense bottled up in the second half as Cornelius 2 of his 4 touchdowns while Palatine ran away from host Hoffman Estates 31-14 in a Mid-Suburban West matchup.
Palatine, Prospect win MSL divisional titles Oct 2, 2014 10:46 PM
Palatine's girls cross country team won its eighth straight Mid-Suburban West title, while Prospect grabbed its seventh straight divisional crown in the MSL East.
Rolling Meadows tops Wheeling Oct 2, 2014 10:26 PM
Jessie Ligenza and Anna Frantom gave visiting Rolling Meadows a 1-2 finish in the 200-yard IM, and they later provided a 2-3 finish behind teammate Erin Pletch in the 100 breaststroke as the Mustangs edged Wheeling 98-76 in Mid-Suburban East girls swimming and diving on Thursday.
BG claims MSL East; Hoffman grabs West title Oct 2, 2014 9:41 PM
Buffalo Grove’s Kevin Salvano cruised to the title in 15:39 at the Wheeling triangular on Thursday, leading the Bison to their second Mid-Suburban East boys cross country title at MacArthur Middle School. Hoffman Estates topped both Barrington and Schaumburg to grab the MSL West crown.
Schaumburg, Fremd still tied in West Oct 3, 2014 12:37 AM
The Schaumburg and Fremd girls volleyball teams remained tied for first in the Mid-Suburban West with two-set wins on Thursday night.
Football: Scouting Week 6, Northwest Oct 1, 2014 7:34 PM
Here's a look at Week 6 of the high school football season for teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator, Leyden, Maine West and Christian Liberty.
King’s one-timer lifts BG past Hoffman Estates Oct 1, 2014 10:57 PM
Buffalo Grove’s Sean King netted the game-winner just seconds from intermission to carry host Buffalo Grove to a 1-0 victory over Hoffman Estates in boys soccer on Wednesday night. After the officials made a ruling to put several more seconds on the clock late in the first half, King took advantage by scoring his goal when he ran onto Alexis Alvarez’s corner kick. “It’s a tough way to lose a game when the referee, who I respect for wanting to make the correct call, stopped the clock, then added time back on,” said Hawks coach Matt Sriver, whose club (3-10-0, 2-7-0) defeated Conant 2-1 on Tuesday.
Make it 7 straight for Prospect in MSL Oct 2, 2014 3:22 PM
You can take away its home course but you can’t take away its remarkable run of Mid-Suburban League championships.Prospect girls golf team, which has played and practiced exclusively on the road this season due to renovation to the Mt. Prospect Golf Club, continued its dominance in the MSL on Tuesday.Led by senior Kacie O’Donnell’s second-place finish (76) behind Barrington sophomore Reena Sulkar (74), the Knights captured a seventh straight MSL crown with a score of 332 on the par-72 Palatine Hills Golf Course.
Garmoe’s 73 helps Prospect tie Barrington Sep 30, 2014 8:32 PM
Robert Garmoe already knew what it was like to be a conference champion, having won the Mid-Suburban League individual junior varsity title as a freshman last year. This season, the Prospect sophomore golfer did it again — but this time on a much bigger stage. Garmoe fired a blistering 73 – a round that included a 35 on the back nine, the only under-par 9 hole mark of the day by any competitor – to win MSL varsity medalist honors Tuesday on a chilly, windy day at Chevy Chase Golf Course. The sophomore’s stellar round help boost the Knights to a co-title, as Prospect shared the team crown with Barrington. The Broncos, led by 74s from Tom Calbi and Cole Kempinski, entered Tuesday’s MSL tourney with 22 total points based on an 11-0 regular season record – but the Knights bested the Broncos at the meet in Wheeling 301-305 to forge a tie for the overall championship.
QBs both step up for Fremd Sep 26, 2014 11:30 PM
Fremd’s two-headed monster helped devour Hoffman Estates on Friday, thus spoiling Mike Donatucci’s return to his former school. Cordell Finley led Fremd to two quick touchdowns, and Nick Bossong came on to throw a pair of touchdown passes, all in the first half, as the Vikings rolled past Hoffman Estates 48-17 in a Mid-Suburban West opener in Palatine.
Live video: Fremd vs. Hoffman Estates Sep 27, 2014 9:43 AM
Fremd vs. Hoffman Estates football
Week 5 urgency as MSL East, West races get started Sep 25, 2014 3:35 PM
It’s time to get down to business in the Mid-Suburban League. After four weeks of nonconference football games, teams from the MSL will kick it off against conference foes beginning this week. Not only are conference titles in the East and the West to be contested, with the winners getting automatic postseason berths, but teams will also be jockeying to win enough games and thus playoff points to qualify for the playoffs with at-large bids.
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- No Indian mound means apartments can be built in Schaumburg
- Bundle up, there's scary Halloween weather ahead
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Our Lady of Destiny School in Des Plaines closing
- College fair planned for teens with disabilities
- Batavia football coach criticized over referendum email
- 1,700 pounds of marijuana recovered from Elk Grove warehouse
- Hossa hits milestone where it all began
- Harvest Christian wins 4th straight volleyball regional
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- POLISHER - Arlington Plating Company seeks a FT experienced metal Polisher. Requires ability to set up polishing wheels, handle small and large metal parts, stand for 8 hours, and work OT. Full-time benefits included. Apply on line at ww.arlingtonplating.com or in person. (id:4389982) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389254)
- DAY CARE TEACHER - Day care Teacher 10a-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $10-12.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 (id:4389751) PART-TIME CUSTODIAN - Fremont Public Libary, Mundelein. 16 hrs-wk, evenings and weekends. Cleaning, snow removal, meeting room set-ups. Knowledge of automated building controls a plus. Lift at least 70 lbs, read-write English. 1170 N. Midlothian Rd, Mundelein www.fremontlibrary.org-about-us-jobs (id:4389826) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $9-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4389575)
- MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) SALES - Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. is now hiring for the The Lombard Silverleaf Vacation Store! Silverleaf Sales Representatives are responsible for leading tours of the resort sales gallery, giving presentations of the Silverleaf Vacation Ownership Program to guests, as well as explaining and selling program benefits. This position requires NO cold-calling! Customers come to you EVERYDAY! The ideal Sales Representative is an excellent communicator with a positive, outgoing personality. You must be self-motivated, confident & results-oriented to boost the performance of our sales team. The ideal Sales Representative will also have: Competitive Pay Structure! -Previous sales or customer service experience -Confidence in giving presentations -Outgoing and approachable personality -Professional demeanor and image -Ability to work Wednesday through Sunday Sales Representatives receive: -Draw vs. commission (paid weekly)40k-60k Avg. First Year Earnings! -Monthly bonus potential -Energetic, fun work environment -Paid training ($15/hr) -Growth opportunities -Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401K Apply online: www.silverleafresorts.com/careers or contact Sales Recruiter: John Pogorzelski firstname.lastname@example.org Direct 224-240-5578 Silverleaf Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4388985) COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - Computer -Network & Computer Systems Administrator, Provide Network/Server system support for all dept. Bachelor's in Comp. Sci., IT related. Min. 1yr. exp. in network & computer SA. Mail resume to HR Mgr, Nuwave, LLC. 1795 N. Butterfield Rd, Libertyville, IL 60048 (id:4389213)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.