Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hoffman Estates High School
New postseason life for Hoffman Estates Mar 2, 2015 9:08 PM
Playoff time is like a second season for teams. And nobody needed a second season more than Hoffman Estates. The Hawks ended a 12-game losing streak and rallied past Buffalo Grove 70-59 Monday in the opening round of the Class 4A Fremd boys basketball regional in Palatine. Hoffman Estates (6-19) which is seeded 16th in the Barrington sectional, will meet second-seeded Lake Park Wednesday at 6 p.m. Lake Park beat Hoffman 53-33 in mid January.
Barrington’s Tenyer turns it up for 17th place Feb 21, 2015 8:12 PM
As the song says, what a difference a day makes. Or in the case of Sarah Tenyer, a day and half to be exact. The Barrington sophomore, who admitted that she had a “little bit of nerves” on her first trip to the girls bowling state tournament in Rockford, started slowly Friday with a morning 3-game series of 561. That score her saw languishing near the bottom of the pack of competitors at Cherry Bowl Lanes. Then came a stellar afternoon session Friday — and an even bigger day Saturday. Beginning Friday afternoon and continuing through the tournament finale, Tenyer, the Mid-Suburban League champion, posted series marks of 687-700-644 en route to a 17th-place overall finish.
Peak performance powers Barrington Feb 21, 2015 8:39 PM
Right on schedule, the Barrington boys swimming team was peaking. That paid serious dividends at the Illinois High School Association sectional meet the Broncos hosted Saturday afternoon. Barrington led the way with six champions out of 12 total events, all of whom advanced to next weekend’s state meet at New Trier. The Broncos also had eight total qualifiers, the most among a crowded field of strong squads, including Stevenson, which won the team title with 238 points.
On her own, Leyden’s Kriston rolling right along Feb 20, 2015 7:42 PM
Ashley Kriston is getting to be a familiar face at Cherry Bowl Lanes. The Leyden senior has competed at the state bowling tournament in Rockford each of her four prep seasons, and now she’s poised for her best finish ever. Kriston rolled games of 267 and 248 Friday enroute to a 6-game pinfall of 1365, which places her third overall entering Saturday’s final session. Her afternoon 739 was the top 3-game series of the day.
Dist. 211 honors Hoffman Estates H.S. alumnus for military service Feb 20, 2015 12:39 PM
This year, District 211 started a tradition to honor alumni for the service they have given to their country.
Boys swimming: Sectional scouting, Northwest Feb 19, 2015 3:32 PM
Here's what to expect from Saturday's boys swimming and diving sectional meets, from the perspective of teams in the Mid-Suburban League plus St. Viator and Maine West.
Fremd turns back Zion-Benton Feb 17, 2015 11:52 PM
Fremd, the state’s No. 4-ranked girls basketball team in Class 4A, kicked off its postseason on Tuesday with a 55-44 victory over No. 16-seeded Zion-Benton in the Lake Forest regional semifinal.
Big comeback buoys Barrington Feb 16, 2015 11:50 PM
Barrington’s girls basketball team faced a 14-point deficit against Grayslake Central heading into the final quarter of the Rams’ own Class 4A regional quarterfinal on Monday night. Barrington coach Babbi Barreiro has said all season her No. 14-seeded Fillies will not quit. In true form, they rallied back for a 44-42 triumph, outscoring the No. 17 Rams 24-8 in the final period. The 24 points were more than the Fillies had scored in the first three quarters combined.
Schaumburg rolls to Meadows sectional title Feb 14, 2015 7:47 PM
Schaumburg coach Mark Kelly said his team saved what he called “our most consistent performance of the season” for the perfect time. Led by a 6-game series of 1320 from junior Jessica Halas, the second-best individual performance of the day, the Saxons won Saturday’s Rolling Meadows girls bowling sectional to move on to next weekend’s state finals. Schaumburg posted a total pinfall of 5841, while Mid-Suburban League rivals Hersey (5758) and Hoffman Estates (5710) also qualified for a trip to Rockford’s Cherry Bowl Lanes, where the state tourney is held.
Benet clinches sixth straight 20-win season Feb 14, 2015 10:27 PM
The Benet boys basketball team reached a big milestone on its senior night when it defeated Hoffman Estates 56-49 on Saturday. However, the Hawks wouldn’t allow the ink to dry on that milestone until very late in the game.
Gold-medal efforts at Barrington Feb 14, 2015 9:00 PM
The wide array of sports being contested at Barrington High School on Saturday almost gave the campus the feel you’d find at a Olympic-style winter sports festival. Wrestling over here, basketball over there — and down this hallway, the Mid-Suburban League boys swimming and diving championships. And in the pool, the host Broncos ended up celebrating a successful defense of their MSL team title, emerging on top in a finish that was much more tightly grouped than usual. Barrington won with 233 points, followed closely by Fremd (218). Rolling Meadows (183) turned in its highest-ever finish in third place, with Palatine (169) taking a big jump up as well to fourth.
Beyak, Mack pace Prospect’s victory Feb 14, 2015 12:47 AM
Prospect senior Kyle Beyak shot 8-for-10 from 2-point range and 2-for-5 from beyond the arc on his way to a game-high 26 points as the visiting Knights topped Wheeling 75-58 on Friday in Mid-Suburban East boys basketball. Sophomore guard Frankie Mack shot 5-for-6 from 3-point range and finished with 20 points and a team-best 9 rebounds for the Knights (11-10, 5-4).
Boys swimming and diving / Scouting the Mid-Suburban League meet Feb 13, 2015 8:19 PM
Here's a look ahead to the Mid-Suburban League boys swimming and diving championships, where host Barrington hopes to defend its title. Diving will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, with swimming scheduled to start at 1 p.m. Saturday.
Kuzmanic (35 points) excels in home finale victory Feb 11, 2015 12:27 AM
Playing her final home game of a standout four-year girls basketball career at Wheeling High School, Deanna Kuzmanic put up one of the finest performances. The Alabama-Birmingham recruit scored a season-high 35 points with 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals as the Wildcats raced past visiting Barrington 56-30 in the Mid-Suburban League crossover on Tuesday night. “It was quite a game,” said Wheeling coach Matt Weber who has had quite a first season directing the Wildcats to 20 wins. “It was the best individual performance I’ve seen this year and last year as an assistant.”
Standout efforts from Stevenson, Barrington’s Tenyer Feb 7, 2015 7:51 PM
Stevenson senior Sam Szura, a competitor since her freshman season, called her four seasons of participation in varsity girls bowling “a real trip.” “We started at the bottom and worked our way up, that’s for sure,” said Szura. “That’s why I’m so ecstatic right now. I’m crying.” The tears that Szura and her teammates were shedding Saturday were tears of joy as the Patriots surprised by winning the Palatine Regional at Brunswick Zone in Deer Park. “We expected to advance,” said Szura, “but we never expected to win the regional. I was nervous all day — I’m kind of a worry-wart — but in the end we were able to pull through, and I’m thrilled that we did.” Stevenson’s pinfall of 5,515 was a whopping 120 pins better than second-place Hoffman Estates (5,358), and both teams will advance to Saturday’s sectional tourney hosted by Rolling Meadows. Schaumburg (5,308) and Lake Zurich (5,288) will also move on to the sectional meet to be held at Brunswick in Mount Prospect, while the magical season of Barrington sophomore Sarah Tenyer continued in earnest. Just a week after winning Mid-Suburban League honors, Tenyer won medalist bragging rights at Deer Park with a 6-game total of 1,302 pins, including games of 246 and 235.
Fremd completes another perfect West run Feb 7, 2015 1:00 AM
Twenty six in a row. That’s the Mid-Suburban West winning streak the Fremd girls basketball team will carry into the 2015-16 season after completing a 10-0 run for the second straight season on Friday night. Haley Gorecki (18 points), Bryana Hopkins (13), Briana Lewis (12) and Julia Wacker (10) all reached double figures in the state-ranked Vikings’ 68-33 triumph over visiting Palatine. Fremd (22-4) has not lost a MSL West game since Schaumburg defeated the Vikings 46-37 three years ago.
Barrington’s back on top in MSL West Feb 6, 2015 11:24 PM
Even after a vintage performance like Friday night’s 67-48 homecourt win over Hoffman Estates, Barrington thinks it can play better. The Broncos badly out-rebounded the Hawks, nailed their open looks, forced Hoffman into 18 turnovers and kept their composure when the Hawks made a run at them. When they needed it, their defense carried them through. The Barrington victory, combined with a loss by Fremd, puts the Broncos back in front by themselves in the Mid-Suburban West boys basketball race. Palatine and Fremd are both 1 game back with two divisional games remaining.
Milestone and clincher for Gorecki, Fremd Feb 4, 2015 12:37 AM
Haley Gorecki scored 15 points and became only the second player in Fremd girls basketball history to reach 2,000 points on Tuesday night when the state-ranked Vikings rolled past visiting Hoffman Estates 74-30. The Vikings also clinched their sixth straight Mid-Suburban League title under coach Dave Yates. They will play for the MSL crown a week from Wednesday at either Prospect or Hersey. Gorecki’s 2000th point came on a layup late in the second quarter.
All-around champ Larock leads Prospect to regional title Feb 2, 2015 10:24 PM
Prospect is back on track in an effort to gain a second straight spot in the girls gymnastics Elite Eight. The Knights earned a spot in next week’s Lake Park sectional by delivering the top score in Monday’s regional meet at Schaumburg. Prospect’s score was 142.050, with Schaumburg coming in at 138.475 and Rolling Meadows at 131.975. Senior Maddie Larock led the way for Prospect, taking all-around honors with a total of 37.525 and making a clean sweep individually with victories on vault (9.525), uneven parallel bars (9.525), balance beam (9.300) and floor exercise (9.175).
Hoffman H.S. iCompete program wins grant Feb 1, 2015 3:31 PM
Hoffman Estates High School’s iCompete program is one of the beneficiaries of the Township High School District 211 Foundation’s innovation grant. High school student mentors in the iCompete program work with fourth, fifth and sixth graders students from John Muir Elementary School in Hoffman Estates to provide positive learning and team-building experiences within the community.
- Prosecutors: 'Rejection' helped push Naperville man in stabbing case
- Are you smarter than a third-grader? Take the PARCC practice test.
- Route 137 near Grayslake reopens after crash
- You could win a 'Back to the Future' DeLorean
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- Buffett criticizes spinoffs, but some like AbbVie well-liked
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- New critical-thinking state tests cause angst
- Prosecutors: 'Marry me' text prompted Geneva murder
- Services set for White Sox legend Minoso
- We missed big snow, but wintry mess heading our way
- Sharp, Hawks deny any team turmoil
- Rozner: Blackhawks needed help and Bowman scored big
- Constable: Runner shirtless every winter day
- Rauner's transportation budget: Bikers up, transit down
- Bouncer shot during Fox Lake bar brawl
- Trial set to begin in Naperville teacher's slaying
- House GOP has a Homeland Security funding dilemma
- LeGere: Could be time to move on for some Bears
- McCarthy, Wahlberg apparently staying in area
- Rauner targets unions in Lake County speech
- George Kotsiopoulos talks 'Fashion Police' exit, new line
- Elgin lawmaker: Let people have up to 5 pot plants
- 3-person slate presses for COD reform
- Law would tighten religious exemptions on vaccinations
- Campaign boss text message likens Breuder to Hitler
- Most COD candidates don't want Breuder's name on building
- More students receiving special-ed services
- Why 7 people want to be on Geneva school board
- Putting themselves to the test: Fittest Loser contest starts
- RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Exp'd bartend- er, waitstaff, cooks, busboy/ dishwasher. Winthrop Harbor Call Lee at 574-329-4643 (id:4399374) PARALEGAL - Corporate, Commercial Real Estate & Litigation Paralegal Exp'd paralegal needed im- mediately for Wheaton law firm. email@example.com Incl. Paralegal Candidate on subj line (id:4399493) DRIVER / AUTO MECHANIC / WELDER - Driver/auto mechanic/welder welding exp. & auto repair with own tools, CDL A. Business located in Elgin: pick up/ deliver to local Chicagoland area. firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399336)
- TEACHER PRESCHOOL - Teacher FT Rolling Meadows PreSchool. Must be teacher qualified. Salary and benefits. Call Sara at 847-991-7900 or vcarolling email@example.com (id:4398779) PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE - Franklin Pk -Reliable and hardworking person needed for an entry level position. Union pstn w-good benefits. Resume-job history to Fax 847-455-8837 or resume-submission@hotmail No Phone Calls! (id:4399514) INDUSTRIAL SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR - Industrial Sewing Machine Operator $10/hr Lincolnwood/ Skokie area English a must. 773-205-1555 (id:4399617)
- MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing/ Plastics $9/hr 6:45am-7pm and 6:45pm-7am Temp to Hire with GREAT Benefits upon perm hire!! Immediate Jobs 630-620-9800 (id:4399754) MANUFACTURING OPEN HOUSE - Manufacturing OPEN HOUSE Orientations EVERY Tuesday in March & April, 10am-3pm! ANDREWS STAFFING 726 East Dundee, Palatine, IL ;; Maintenance Mechanic-to $14 Material Handler $12 Injection Molding to $12 Assembly -$12 Picker to $12 Office Clerk -to $14 Tester/ Packer $10 Machine Operator -to $9.75 Data Entry Clerk - $9 Call 847-202-6200 for details. firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399637) JOB FAIR - JOB FAIR EVENT Wed. 3/4/15 -10am -4pm Holiday Inn Express 6600 Manheim Road Rosemont, IL 60018 -Exciting job fueling commercial aircraft -Team environment focused on keeping aircraft safe and on schedule -Career-oriented position with opportunity for paid training and job advancement -Access to great benefits like Health, Life, 401K and tuition reimbursement Pay starts at $9.25. Qualified applicants will possess high school diploma or GED and valid drivers license; no previous experience required. Please complete your online application to apply for positions at Chicago O'Hare International Airport www.asig.com/employment Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. (id:4399773)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.