Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hitzeman, Harry
Report: Forgetful drug defendant brings pot to Kane courthouse Oct 26, 2014 5:42 PM
A forgetful defendant headed to the Kane County courthouse to apply for a "second chance program" on a felony drug charge was caught with pot at a security checkpoint; an Elburn woman reaches an out-of-court settlementin her suit alleging she suffered a concussion during an Aurora haunted house visit in October 2010.
Lawsuit says Elgin hair salon injured 7-year-old Oct 19, 2014 4:34 PM
A 7-year-old girl went to get a haircut in Elgin this spring, but ended up with a trip to the hospital instead. That’s the allegation in a lawsuit recently filed in Kane County.
Settlement closes last chapter in McHenry wrongful conviction Oct 12, 2014 4:22 PM
McHenry County leaders have closed the final chapter of a 1990s wrongful conviction by securing a $700,000 settlement to pay for county legal defense fees.
Tributes roll in ahead of service for Elgin attorney killed in plane crash Oct 5, 2014 4:17 PM
Condolences and tributes continue to pour in ahead of a Saturday memorial service for a longtime Elgin attorney who was killed a small plane crash. John E. Juergensmeyer, 80, died Sept. 28 when his plane went down in a cornfield near Plano.
More prescription drug disposal sites in Kane County Sep 28, 2014 4:29 PM
The Kane County Sheriff's Office is teaming with police deparments in Sugar Grove and Pingree Grove to add permanent prescription drug drop-off boxes in each department lobby.
Turn in unused prescription drugs in Kane County Saturday Sep 21, 2014 4:24 PM
Turn in unused, unwanted prescription drugs Saturday; an Elgin man gets 8 years in prison for firing shots near a school last year; Kane County Sheriff seeks citizen of the year nominations
Probation, jail for Elgin Tower arsonist Sep 15, 2014 8:55 AM
A homeless man gets jail and probation for setting fire to the Elgin Tower Building earlier this year; a Kane County prosecutor is promoted to the priority prosecution unit; and Kane County State's Attorney Joe McMahon talks about completing his first Ironman Triathlon.
St. Charles Dist. 303 settles playground bully lawsuit Aug 31, 2014 4:33 PM
The family of a St. Charles elementary school student has settled its lawsuit against St. Charles Unit District 303, in which they alleged the boy’s right arm was broken because school officials failed to protect him from a bully. The suit was settled and dismissed this summer, according to court records, after the district’s insurance carrier paid $15,000 to cover the 8-year-old boy’s medical expenses.
Hitzeman: Carpentersville SUV ramming case set for trial Aug 17, 2014 5:34 PM
A Chicago woman accused of running down two teens in Carpentersville with her sport utility vehicle last year because they were bullying her nephew is scheduled for trial Oct. 20.
McHenry prosecutor up for anti-DUI honor Aug 10, 2014 4:20 PM
A McHenry County prosecutor will be honored by Mothers Against Drunk Driving, and an Aurora police officer receives special recognition for going above the call of duty to solve a cellphone robbery.
Convicted murderer faces stalking charge in Kane County Aug 3, 2014 4:29 PM
Kane County prosecutors turn up the heat on a murder parolee accused of stalking a stripper.
Lake in the Hills man gets second chance after drug arrest Jul 27, 2014 5:05 PM
A Lake in the Hills man accused of dealing drugs out of his home gets a second chance when prosecutors let him plead guilty to a reduced misdemeanor charge; Aurora police and support personnel will volunteer at an Illinois Special Olympics fundraiser Aug. 6; a wrongful death lawsuit filed after a fatal February 2013 crash in Batavia has been settled.
Former Woodstock streets employee gets diversion program for rock salt theft Jul 20, 2014 3:34 PM
A former Woodstock streets employee enters a pretrial diversion program for a rock salt theft; an Elgin wrongful cremation lawsuit drags on; applications are being accepted for the Aurora Police Department's fall Citizen Police Academy, now in its 20th year.
Court upholds forfeiture of 8 horses in Crystal Lake abuse case Jul 14, 2014 1:01 AM
An appellate court recently upheld the seizure and forfeiture of eight horses from a Crystal Lake woman accused of abusing and neglecting the animals. Jamie Koy, 40, of the 6100 block of Hillside Drive, Crystal Lake, had argued that the Humane Care for Animals Act under which the horses were seized is unconstitutional.
St. Charles police warn of suburban IRS scam Jul 6, 2014 4:45 PM
St. Charles police are warning of a suburban scam in which a caller with a 202 area code tells potential victims they owe money to the IRS and immediate payment is needed to avoid arrest and eviction; an Elgin man faces up to six years in prison for a gang fight last year.
Kane County Bar Association, volunteers help with legal advice Jun 29, 2014 4:21 PM
Thanks to volunteer attorneys, the Kane County Bar Association offers programs that act as a starting point for people who must navigate the legal system; Geneva mourns the loss of a police department records specialist.
Kane County Bar Association awards top honors, names new president Jun 22, 2014 4:16 PM
The Kane County Bar Association named a new president and awarded its top honors recently. Among the honorees: attorney Patrick Flaherty, for his work representing the developmentally disabled, and former law librarian Nancylee Brown.
Attorney hopes Maple Park neighbors can get along Jun 1, 2014 4:22 PM
A 54-year-old Maple Park man, who was sued by his neighbor on allegations he intentionally hurt her horse riding stable’s business, recently was found not guilty of shooting off an air horn last August that spooked a horse and threw its rider. Now the attorney for Donald R. Cinkus hopes his client can get along with Dora Christensen, the owner of Epona Dressage, Inc., who sued him last year.
Need cash? Report a drunken driver May 25, 2014 9:27 PM
Report a drunken driver and collect a $100 reward through the Drunkbuster program by the Alliance Against Intoxicated Motorists; St. Charles police warn of utility scam; Aurora man gets probation after 2010 child porn arrest.
Avoiding home repair fraud easy as 1-2-3 May 18, 2014 4:15 PM
Authorities offer a 1-2-3 strategy to avoid home repair scams, and the Kane County Bar Foundation holds its annual comedy night fundraiser Friday in Geneva.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- ESHOF to honor Nemmers with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Stevenson High earns top marks on report cards
- Focused Cary-Grove a regional champ
- Des Plaines gifted school cuts hair for a cause
- Calabrese loves his BC Sprint contender's chances
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- St. Charles East completes trifecta against Waubonsie Valley
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.