Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hinsdale
State Rep. Flowers visits Northwestern College in Bridgeview Mar 27, 2015 8:09 PM
This week, Northwestern College was pleased to welcome Illinois State Rep. Mary Flowers of the 30th District to its Bridgeview Campus for a tour and to meet some of its faculty and administrators. It was Rep. Flowers’ first visit to the college, which provided an opportunity for her to meet numerous instructors and to view the various student labs, many of which featured health care technology.
Official: Hinsdale South student brought BB gun to school Mar 25, 2015 11:26 PM
A Hinsdale South student brought a broken BB gun to school Wednesday, district officials said. An investigation began as soon as a student reported that a fellow student brought a weapon to school, Hinsdale Township High School District 86 officials said in a news release.
Jury gives millions to man who was injured in 2005 taxi crash Mar 17, 2015 11:26 PM
A former successful real estate partner at a Chicago real estate firm was awarded more than $20 million in damages in light of the crash that left him with severe permanent brain damage.
Health Insurance for People 65 + Years Mar 17, 2015 3:12 PM
This lesson will explore the options and tools necessary for health insurance decisions by people approaching or whom are already on Medicare.
Elmhurst Choral Union includes local church choir in new work Mar 16, 2015 5:37 PM
Elmhurst Choral Union and Orchestra will be joined by the Chancel Choir and Memorial Chancel Ringers First United Methodist Church of La Grange for music written by ECU’s conductor, James MacDonald, at its April 19 concert. The work was commissioned and premiered by the La Grange church last year. MacDonald, who is Associate Professor of Music at Columbia College, Chicago, has also written a composition for Chicago Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra. The concert also includes sacred music and opera arias by Puccini, including his rarely heard “Messa di Gloria”. ECU is accompanied by a professional orchestra and soloists Cornelius Johnson and Andrew Schultze. For more information on the Sunday, April 19 concert at Hammerschmidt Chapel, Elmhurst College, contact Elmhurst Choral Union at elmhurstchoralunion.org or 630-758-1100. Elmhurst Choral Union is an auditioned volunteer choir, performing choral masterworks of all eras.
Naperville Teen Wins Soroptimist Award Mar 16, 2015 5:44 PM
Trisha Prabhu of Naperville is the winner of this year’s Violet Richardson Award. Soroptimist International of Suburban Chicago honors Trisha for her project, Rethink, which is an anti- cyberbullying app that will benefit others globally. Trisha is a student at Neuqua Valley High School in Naperville. In the fall of 2013, after learning about an 11 year old girl’s suicide because of cyberbullying, she set out to find a way to stop this from ever happening again. She wanted to define and design a long-term solution to stop cyberbullying. Her research and hard work led her to the product Rethink, which won a spot as a Google Science Fair 2014 Global Finalist. Rethink gives someone trying to post an offensive message on social media a second chance to reconsider their decision. Her “Rethink” has had a lot of media coverage both locally and globally. She spoke about “Rethink” at TEDxTeen in London (www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkzwHuf6C2U). She currently holds a Provisional Patent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office for her Rethink idea. She has always been interested in the inner workings of the brain. Prior to her Rethink project, Trisha won an award for her research on the cognitive distraction that causes distracted driving. As an advocate of STEM in education (importance of science, technology, engineering and mathematics for future United States global competitiveness and future economic prosperity), she believes that technology is the future. Aside from her love of science and technology, Trisha is a published author of four books. She was also named Chicago’s Financial Literacy Ambassador by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. Soroptimists strive to improve the lives of women and girls in the local area and globally through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. Soroptimist International of Suburban Chicago offers several Grants/Awards for women and girls. The award celebration for Trisha and other Suburban Chicago winners will be held in May. If you would like to learn more about us, please visit our web site, www.si-suburbanchicago.org , or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Display your skills for collegiate coaches at JUCO Spring Hoops Showcase Mar 13, 2015 11:49 PM
High school and junior college men’s and women’s basketball players with collegiate aspirations are invited to display their talents for coaches at the JUCO 2015 Spring Showcase. The event takes place on Saturday, April 25, at Judson University in Elgin.
Express Employment Professionals Hosts National Leadership Event Featuring Daymond John, Dan Aykroyd and Liz Murray Mar 13, 2015 4:02 PM
Back for its sixth year and sponsored by the Chicagoland Express Employment Professionals offices, the FREE event will be held Wednesday, April 8 at the Rosemont Theatre, 5400 N. River Road in Rosemont, Ill. Doors open at 7 a.m. and the program begins at 7:50 a.m.
Join GLMV Chamber of Commerce at economic luncheon Mar 13, 2015 12:57 PM
Business leaders, managers and executives can prepare for the future at the GLMV Chamber of Commerce 2015 Economic Outlook Luncheon to be held Tuesday, March 17, at Dave & Busters, Westfield Mall, Vernon Hills.
GLMV Chamber of Commerce Presents Breakfast For Growth Seminar: ‘March Into Marketing You Biz’ - 3/18 Mar 12, 2015 10:13 AM
Get pro tips and discover how to use the power of marketing to increase exposure and visibility of your business, at the upcoming GLMV Chamber of Commerce Breakfast For Growth Seminar "March Into Marketing Your Biz" to be held Wednesday, March 18, 7:30 - 9 am at the GLMV Chamber Office, 1123 S. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville.
The Birches sponsors Alzheimer’s research education event Mar 10, 2015 5:44 PM
On March 19, The Birches Assisted Living in Clarendon Hills is partnering with the Alzheimer’s Association and The Community House to raise awareness about Alzheimer’s research. As part of a series of Alzheimer’s Association education events titled “Alzheimer’s Research: Get Informed, Get Involved,” The Birches and The Community House will host a presentation by keynote speaker Kumar Bharat Rajan, Ph.D. from Rush University Medical Center. The presentation will take place from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Community House, 415 W. Eighth Street, Hinsdale. Dr. Kumar Bharat Rajan will discuss current trends, efforts and directions in dementia research and will provide information about the benefits of participation in research and local studies. He will also be awarded a check for $49,957.00 through the New Investigator Research Grant program to fund the first year of his research titled “Role of Activities on Genetic Risk of Neurodegeneration by Race/Ethnicity.” At the end of the presentation, participants will have the opportunity to enroll in the Alzheimer’s Association’s TrialMatch program. The TrialMatch program is a free service provided by the Alzheimer’s Association that matches individuals with Alzheimer’s, caregivers, healthy volunteers and physicians with current Alzheimer’s studies. The Alzheimer’s Association’s TrialMatch database contains more than 225 clinical studies that are being performed at 700 trial sites throughout the country. Clinical trials play an important role in finding new treatments and, ultimately, a cure for Alzheimer’s disease. Scientists have already made great strides in developing treatments for Alzheimer’s. Drugs have been developed that can temporarily improve the symptoms of Alzheimer’s, but more research is necessary to develop treatments that slow or stop the progression of the disease. For clinical trials to be productive, volunteers are needed from a variety of backgrounds. Those diagnosed with Alzheimer’s play an important role in research, but researchers also need volunteers without Alzheimer’s. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, recruiting and retaining trial participants is the greatest barrier to finding new Alzheimer’s treatments besides funding. “I think raising awareness about the need for volunteers in clinical trials is important,” said Birches’ Director of Encore and Memory Care Services Jackie Raschke. “A lot of people would love to help find a cure for Alzheimer’s but don’t know what they can do. TrialMatch gives people a concrete way to contribute.” This event is free and open to the public. To register, call 847-933-2413 or register online at www.alz.org/illinois. The Birches Assisted Living in Clarendon Hills is a premier retirement community dedicated to providing professional services that support its residents’ physical, social, intellectual and spiritual growth. The Birches offers a full calendar of purposeful programs and activities designed to promote a healthy aging lifestyle and a strong sense of community. For more information about The Birches, call 630-789-1135 or visit: birches.net.
Benedictine, John Marshall offer dual M.B.A./J.D. degree program. Partnership gives students competitive edge in business and law Mar 10, 2015 5:50 PM
Individuals seeking a graduate degree to enhance their careers should consider Benedictine University’s new dual Master of Business (M.B.A.) and Juris Doctorate (J.D.) program with John Marshall Law School. After meeting admissions requirements at both schools, students can take classes at John Marshall toward a law degree and at Benedictine toward earning an M.B.A. “This program is fully integrated for students seeking degrees in both law and business to gain an advantage in today’s global business environment,” said Rick Holman, assistant professor and chair of Benedictine’s Graduate Business Administration program.”Benedictine is providing an opportunity for students who have an interest in the area of management whereby the combination of a law degree and an M.B.A. degree will give them an advantage in the corporate world.” As students continue to grow in business through market uncertainty, global competition, ethical challenges and constant change, the M.B.A. and J.D. dual degree will help Benedictine students develop quantitative, qualitative and legal competence as professionals who can assess business risks and strategic alternatives, Holman said. Students enrolling in the dual degree program can attend classes part-time or full-time. However, full-time law students must attend the first year of law school exclusively at John Marshall. After successfully completing the first year of law school, the student can combine law courses with Benedictine M.B.A. courses for the remainder of the program. Part-time students can attend classes simultaneously at Benedictine and John Marshall. Benedictine University, an accredited, nonprofit private Catholic institution which has been providing graduate business programs to adults for more than 50 years, believes that a quality education and an advanced degree should be both accessible and affordable. Though some other higher education institutions also offer dual M.B.A. and J.D. degree programs, Benedictine’s emphasis on values-based education is a distinct advantage as global corporations place greater emphasis on the correlation between ethical behavior and more sustainable and profitable results. Students within Benedictine’s M.B.A. program can customize their program to fit their needs. Courses are interactive, taught by faculty and instructors who are practicing professionals and provide real-world business planning and strategic management experiences. Both Benedictine and John Marshall accept applications on a rolling admissions basis throughout the year. Applicants seeking information about Benedictine’s M.B.A. program can visit ben.edu/mba or contact Admissions at email@example.com or (630) 829-6300.
Mindfulness and Soul Care Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
Mindfulness is the act of paying purposeful attention to the present moment. It offers us a way to enjoy our lives more and reduce stress through a few simple practices.
2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference Mar 10, 2015 3:00 PM
More than 100 seventh and eighth grade youth learned ways to improve their leadership skills at the 2015 Illinois 4-H Junior Leadership Conference held Feb. 28 and March 1 at the Decatur Conference Center and Hotel in Decatur.
“American Ingenuity” theme of Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 4, 2015 3:29 PM
“American Ingenuity” will be the theme of the upcoming Fox Valley Antiques Show on March 14-15 in St. Charles. The focus will be on design elements of our past, highlighting the ability of top decorators to incorporate those elements into today’s modern look. Blending “old with new” is currently evident in nearly every decorating magazine, catalog and TV show. Antiques are so commonly used that many of the top stores offer reproductions at prices much higher than the cost of an original.
Be bold, get cold for Special Olympics Illinois in Lake Bluff on Saturday Mar 9, 2015 4:11 PM
Be a fan of brrr-avery! Support Special Olympics athletes by jumping into the waters of Lake Bluff at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 7. The funds raised from the Law Enforcement Torch Run Polar Plunge will benefit Special Olympics Illinois Far West Suburban/Area 2, which serves athletes with intellectual disabilities in DuPage, Kane and Kendall counties.
Modern style intersects with history at Fox Valley Antiques Show Mar 10, 2015 5:52 PM
Come find your original (not a mass-produced, “Made in Taiwan” copy) at the Fox Valley Antiques Show. The gathering will feature 55 dealers from 14 states, bringing a great variety of 18th- to early-20th century antiques to St. Charles on March 14-15.
Mueller promotes three managers to directors Feb 28, 2015 12:02 AM
CPA and Management Consulting firm Mueller today announced that it has promoted three managers to directors of its Audit and Tax practices, respectively. The promotions are effective immediately.
Lake County 4-H holds International Festival Mar 5, 2015 1:41 PM
The annual Lake County 4-H International Festival was held Feb. 22 at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day Wednesday, March 18, 2015 Feb 26, 2015 11:11 AM
The Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com will be sponsoring their annual Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 in Springfield, IL.
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Pension crisis is not real
- In 2016 campaign, the lament of the not quite rich enough
- Here's why the Apple Watch won't free you from your iPhone
- Volo woman charged after bank robbery in Grayslake
- Baun, Paliotta sign on with Hawks
- Author appearances: Tim Gunn signs newest book at Naperville's North Central
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Who wins, loses under Illinois school funding proposal
- Endorsement: Our choices for the College of DuPage board
- One Island Lake trustee candidate concerned about transparency, but other candidates are pleased
- Endorsements: Burke, Gerber, Recker, Yung for Dist. 211 school board
- Mom asks Arlington Heights schools to ban peanuts
- Pension crisis is not real
- Residents with autism could see relief in dentist's office
- Harper College promises two years of free tuition
- Rozner: Bears show true colors with McDonald signing
- The Soapbox
- PET SITTER - ELGIN-BASED PET CARE PROVIDER SEEKING FULL TIME and PART TIME PET SITTER ASSISTANT. EMAIL RESUME TO ELGINPETSITTER@GMAIL.COM. (id:4401494) BILINGUAL THERAPIST - Bilingual Spanish Therapist, Elgin and Aurora -Masters with LCSW-LCPC. M-F, 35 hrs. + benefits. Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org. (id:4401929) ASSOC TECHNIAL DIRECTOR - Assoc Technical Director Assoc Technical Director: Oversee build, deployment & release processes, administer & manage a multi tiered distributed internet hosting infrastructure, resp for maintaining agile app support & development tools, & automation. Duties: collaborate w/cross-functional teams to implement maintenance changes & functional enhancements; provide leadership on implementation of configuration files, build & deployment templates; serve as the tech expert for DEV, QA, Staging & Production environments & execute multi branded releases; monitor system & app health; resp for on-call escalation for ops & app issues; monitor & ensure consistency of build; document How-To knowledge repository & friction points, common implementation problems & develop tech recommendations; provide tech support, assistance & guidance to Project Mgrs & Team Leads; administer & own build & deployment systems & processes; evaluate new tools & tech-nologies, presenting business case recommendations to agency & client mgmt; promote build & release process efficiency through automation using processes, existing tools & enhancements. Chicago loop location. Req's B.S. in Comp Sci & 5 yrs of post-degree, progressive exp as Project Lead. Exp must incl: a) Websphere Application Server, Tomcat, JBoss; Solution architect on Enterprise middleware technologies; b) performance mgmt tools (jProfiler, jProbe); c) systems & app monitoring software (HP OpenView, Nagios); d) Perl & Shell scripting; e) Internet/e-Com app development; f) Java build tools (ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins); g) designing, installing & managing multi-tiered distributed hosting infrastructure, both Virtual (VMware, Citrix XenServer) & Cloud based (Rackspace, Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus); & h) change mgmt systems & version control tools (JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Subversion, IBM Rational ClearCase). Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4402713)
- DRIVERS - Drivers Se solicitan conductores Quality Carriers, la lnea de camiones cisterna No. 1 en EEUU est buscando conductores con licencia CDL-A con disponibilidad inmediata. Quality Carriers tiene ms de 100 aos de existencia, y cuenta con 100 terminales. Solicite hoy y compruebe la diferencia que Quality puede hacer en su vida! $5000 de Bono de Contratacin para Operadores Propietarios! $1000 de Bono de Contratacin para Conductores de la Compaa Hay Puestos para Conduccin en Carretera y Local Disponibles Ahora Solictud Sencilla en www.work4qc.com. Llame a Ken hoy 1-708-457-7600 Ofrecemos: Paga Mxima y Beneficios Equipo con Modelos Actuales Horario Regular Trabajo estable todo el ao Estndares de Seguridad Lderes en la Industria Disponibilidad de paquete completo de beneficios Para Calificar: Registro de Vehculos de Motor Limpio 22 aos o mayor Avalado por Hazmat o Tanker Habilidad de obtener la tarjeta TWIC 1 ao de experiencia en TT TANKER TOUGH Call 1-708-457-7600 (id:4400963) WAREHOUSE PT - Warehouse PT, no exp. nec., up to 30 hrs/wk, morning & afternoon shifts available. Start at $10/hr. Apply at 6450 Muirfield Ct, Hanover Pk, IL 630-671-0100 (id:4401971) CUSTOMER SERVICE - PART TIME SEASONAL - Job Description: Manufacturing company is seeking a Customer Service Representative. The position is part-time seasonal with potential to be re-hired. The hours include Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. Duties Include: Answers and addresses incoming calls regarding product and service questions. Processes customer orders for existing and new customers. Recommends potential customers to distributors by analyzing customer needs. Skills and Qualifications: Experience in Customer Service. Proficient with phone skills, resolving conflict and analyzing information. Solid multi-tasking and listening skills. Quickbooks-Office experience preferred Must qualify on E-verify. Spanish or Greek speaking is a plus. Send resumes to: LE@OPTIMALAUTOMATICS.COM (id:4400513)
- RESTAURANT - Restaurant -Ditka's in Arlington Heights is now hiring for ALL POSITIONS for both AM and PM shifts -servers, ser-ver assistants, food runners, bartenders, bar backs, hosts, line cooks, prep team, and dishwashers. Please apply in person between the hours of 2pm and 4pm. 2000 West Euclid Ave. (id:4401722) ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE - West Chicago office looking for a full time person to perform credit, collection, and light data entry duties. $14 to $16 per hour plus full benefits. Email replies to email@example.com. (id:4402421) BINDERY OPERATOR - Arlington Heights manufacturer is looking for a full time second shift bindery operator. Should have experience using guillotine cutters, collators, and stitchers. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402022)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.