Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hinsdale
West Chicago Mayor Delivers 2014 State of the CityApr 10, 2014 12:00 AM
Mayor Credits "Thoughtful Planning and Strategic Foresight" For City's Solid Financial Position in the 2014 State of the City Address
Buddha’s Birthday Celebration Apr 10, 2014 12:00 AM
IBPS Chicago will have a Buddha’s Birthday Celebration this year on Sunday, May 4. Besides the Buddha Bathing Ceremony, they also have a Baby Blessing Ceremony for newborns and children up to 10 years of age.
A Scholarly ExampleApr 9, 2014 12:00 AM
Glenbard West graduate Janet Vazquez is currently in her second semester at the College of DuPage thanks to a full two-year scholarship presented to her by Glen Ellyn Infant Welfare. Each spring the GEIW scholarship committee works closely with the counseling staffs at Glenbard West and Glenbard South to award full time two year scholarships to graduating seniors.
ommission Members Bring Backgrounds to Volunteer AppointmentsApr 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Commission Members Bring Impressive and Accomplished Backgrounds to Volunteer Appointments
Downtown Retailer Celebrates First AnniversaryApr 7, 2014 12:00 AM
Downtown Retailer Celebrates First Anniversary
Suburban woman was more than just a receptionistApr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
Patricia Tyrrell worked as a longtime receptionist at the famed Chicago ad agency J. Walter Thompson, but her role superseded her title. As the receptionist on the agency’s creative floor, she served as the gatekeeper to celebrities that waited to meet with producers, casting directors, and designers who created some of the firm’s iconic ad campaigns.
Bad polling, money influenced primaryApr 1, 2014 12:00 AM
A Hinsdale letter to the editor: As one who came within two votes per precinct of the GOP nomination for governor, I read “Another lesson in the problems of political polling” carefully. I agree with Opinions Editor Jim Slusher’s question “whether the polls did more harm than good.” When the dust settled, Bruce Rauner’s margin was about one-tenth of some predictions.
Dillard says RTA chair job a possibilityApr 1, 2014 12:00 AM
State Sen. Kirk Dillard, a Hinsdale Republican and runner up two weeks ago in the primary for governor, says he’s been asked about being chairman of the Regional Transportation Authority, a post he would consider taking.
Oak Brook Park District Lifeguard Receives National Top HonorMar 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Oak Brook Park District is proud to announce that the agency has not only recently been awarded the prestigious Gold International Aquatic Safety Award by international risk management company Jeff Ellis & Associates, Inc., but it’s very own lifeguard, Darius Melton, 23, has been recognized as one of the top lifeguards in the nation.
Lourdes H S Class of 1959Mar 31, 2014 12:00 AM
High School Reunion
Elizabeth Hanson joins Coldwell Banker Downers Grove officeMar 28, 2014 12:00 AM
COLDWELL BANKER RESIDENTIAL BROKERAGE DOWNERS GROVE OFFICE ANNOUNCES ASSOCIATION WITH ELIZABETH HANSON
Demand for Abortion Recovery on RiseMar 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Demand for abortion recovery is on the rise. CareNet DuPage's program to address the problem has received a substantial grant from Christ Church of Oak Brook.
Crown Service Systems Joins A Non ProfitMar 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Crown Service Systems Donating Free House Cleaning to Women With Cancer
Generations run Volo’s Fish Lake, while generations have returnedMar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Kukec's People features Volo's Fish Lake Resort and how five generations have kept it moving ahead for 75 years.
How video games might actually help kids lose weightMar 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Kids these days are often living a more sedentary lifestyle which has contributed to increasing obesity.
No task too big or small for Adventist Employee of the YearMar 19, 2014 12:00 AM
As a human resources generalist for Adventist Midwest Health, Michelle Nordquist provides a competent hand in recruitment, new employee orientation, accurate timecard input and organization of employee events. But she may be most appreciated for the handling of lesser-known tasks.
Dillard says he’s a 'winner no matter what'Mar 18, 2014 12:00 AM
State Sen. Kirk Dillard risked it all to be Illinois’ next governor. The unlucky toss of the dice cost the longtime political fixture his state senate seat but he was unrepentent after preliminary results showed businessman Bruce Rauner clinching the race for Republican nominee for governor in Tuesday’s primary.
The DuPage Community Foundation surpasses $50 million in managed endowmentMar 17, 2014 12:00 AM
WHEATON, IL—This winter, The DuPage Community Foundation surpassed $50 million in total assets under management! “This is truly a momentous milestone for our community,” said David McGowan, president of The DuPage Community Foundation. “It is the culmination of nearly 30 years of dedicated work by our Board and staff and the generous advocacy and support of our many donors, volunteers and other friends who share our passion.”
Jim Ryan endorses DillardMar 7, 2014 12:00 AM
State. Sen. Kirk Dillard won another major endorsement to be the Republican candidate for governor, this time from former Illinois Attorney General Jim Ryan.
Wine tasting banishes cabin fever for record crowdMar 6, 2014 12:00 AM
On Saturday, February 22, over 450 people wined and dined at the 50th annual A Grapevine of Friends Wine Tasting, benefitting Clearbrook’s Employment Services Program.
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST - Financial Sr. Financial Analyst -Charge Master Full-time, Days This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; Master's degree preferred. Requires a minimum five to seven years of health care experience and knowledgeable of the healthcare industry, reimbursement programs, hospital coding, provider billing, and revenue analysis. Apply online at: www.rockfordhealthsystem.org EOE (id:4369976) MERCHANDISER - Hiring P-T Merchandisers and Team Leads Shifts available: M-Th 6am-2:30pm and Sun-Wed 9:30pm-6am. Apply at www.fprs.com (id:4368898) LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE - Moore Landscapes, Inc La compania de Moore Landscapes localisada en Northbrook il esta solicitando trabajadores para los suburbios de Chicago. De preferencia que tengan experiencia. Por fabor llamar a Simon Garcia al (847)774-0753. (id:4368882)
- SR TECH ANALYST - Computer Sr Tech Analyst: Provide on-going tech analysis/development in of enterprise storage mgmt & reporting. Resp for admin & maintenance of storage infrastructure & serve as migration, deployment & admin expert. Provide tech expertise for data center migration/consolidation projects. Chicago, IL loc. Req's MS in Comp Eng'r'g & 2 yrs exp as Systems Analyst. Exp must incl: a) admin & maintenance of storage infrastructure, b) data center migration/consolidation, c) V-Max to V-Max long distance replication for data migration; d) install/ config of ECC 6.1 w/Performance Mgr & Storage scope components; e) config of Cisco 9124e switches, & f) install/ config of Cisco Fabric Mgr. Send resume to: Lion Re:Sources, Inc., 35 W. Wack-er Dr, Chicago, IL, 60601, Attn: J. Capp. Ref # 202MH. (id:4370015) COMMUNITY SERVICE OFFICERS - Part-time Community Service Officers Village of Lombard The Village of Lombard has three positions available for Part-time Community Service Officers assigned to the Police Department. The Community Service Officers perform a variety of routine and complex tasks relating to the interpretation of adopted codes, rules and regulations to achieve compliance and mitigate problems. The successful candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent with up to one year of experience communicating with the general public, preferably in a law enforcement environment; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge skills and abilities for this job. Job requires CPR certification and the possession of a valid Illinois driver's license. Starting hourly rate is $18.73. This position will work an average of 29 hours a week. The hours will vary; weekends between 7 a.m. -10 p.m. There may be one weekday also added. Please submit a completed application and resume by Friday, April 11, 2014 to: Village of Lombard 255 E. Wilson Lombard, Illinois 60148 fax: (630) 620-8222 or email: email@example.com EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (id:4368816) EDUCATION - Education Harper College Summer Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Summer 2014 Adjunct Faculty positions: Credit Classes: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu harpercollege.edu Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Exploring Learning Illuminating Academic ESL Adult Education/Literacy ESL Astronomy Certified Nursing Assistant Chemistry Engineering General Biology German Human Anatomy Human Physiology Mathematics Philosophy Physical Science Physics Spanish (id:4369579)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.