Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Harry D. Jacobs High School
Jacobs, South Elgin’s Norasith excel at sectionalMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
It was déjà vu all over again at the Jacobs boys tennis sectional on Saturday. The Golden Eagles won their second straight sectional team title while South Elgin senior Andre Norasith repeated as the individual champion. Both won at the Elgin sectional a year ago.
Baseball: Scouting the Class 3A/4A postseason in the Fox ValleyMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Scouting the Class 3A and 4A baseball postseason in the Fox Valley.
Crystal Lake South’s Lenzini runs to 800 winMay 23, 2014 12:00 AM
David Lenzini’s plan was simple. Run smart. And his tactics worked. The Crystal Lake South senior, who was fourth entering the final lap of the 800 meters, sprinted past the field to win the race in a school record time of 1:55.24 at Friday night’s Class 3A Huntley boys track and field sectional.
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Friday, May 23May 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Waubonsie Valley 1, South Elgin 0: The Storm (17-13, 10-9) saw their six-game winning streak come to an end in this Upstate Eight Valley contest. Sam Helton was 3-for-3 for South Elgin and Taylor Rees had a double, Paige Allen suffered the loss in the circle, allowing just 6 hits.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen, Cary-Grove’s Schulz in top formMay 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Jacobs junior Lauren Van Vlierbergen and Cary-Grove junior Morgan Schulz made the most of their opportunities at the Class 3A girls track preliminaries on Friday. On a pleasant spring afternoon at Eastern Illinois University’s O’Brien Stadium, Schulz flashed her speed by qualifying in both the 800 meters and 300 low hurdles. And Van Vlierbergen cruised to qualifying marks in both the 800 and 1,600.
Images: Girls State Track & Field Preliminary RoundMay 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Images from the Girls Track & Field Preliminary Round at O'Brien Field on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston on Friday, May 23.
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, May 22May 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Burlington Central 8, North Boone 5: Andrew Wiss (3-for-4, RBI, 3RS) was a single short of hitting for the cycle in a Big Northern East victory for the Rockets (18-11, 9-3), which clinched a share of the division title with Richmond-Burton.
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, May 22May 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Fresh off its first conference championship in 33 years, the Hampshire softball team added another notch to its belt Thursday, beating Jacobs 6-2 in a Fox Valley Conference crossover, marking Hampshire’s first 20-win season since 2003.
Huntley nails down FVC Valley titleMay 22, 2014 12:00 AM
It didn’t take the Huntley baseball team long to wrap up the outright title in the Fox Valley Conference on Thursday. Playing Crystal Lake South in the completion of a game suspended on Tuesday in the bottom of the sixth inning with the score tied 3-3, Huntley scored twice in the sixth on a walk and 3 straight hits and Nick Constantino retired the Gators in order in the seventh to finish a 5-3 victory. The win secured Huntley’s first outright title in the Fox Valley Conference’s Valley Division. The Red Raiders shared the FVC Valley title in 2010 and 2013.
Cary-Grove puts dent in Jacobs’ title hopesMay 21, 2014 12:00 AM
The Cary-Grove baseball team said enough is enough. Having already absorbed two regular-season defeats against Jacobs with a regional semifinal matchup against the Golden Eagles looming next Thursday, the Trojans collected 11 hits against four Jacobs pitchers to win 10-3 in Algonquin on Wednesday.
Hampshire, Cary-Grove lead Fox Valley contingent to CharlestonMay 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Girls high school track is alive and well in the Fox Valley area. This weekend’s girls state track and field finals at O’Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston features no shortage of local participants. At the forefront of the pack are representatives from the successful Hampshire and Cary-Grove teams.
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Tuesday, May 20May 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Grayslake North 2, Hampshire 0: The Whip-Purs were unable to secure the Fox Valley Conference Fox Division title outright as they fell to Grayslake North, leaving them in a first-place tie with Grayslake Central. Sara Finn, Aly Snider and Becca Hurst had the only hits in the loss for Hampshire (19-12, 10-2). Haley Widmayer (17-10) didn’t allow an earned run, gave up just 4 hits and had 8 strikeouts with 3 walks in suffering the loss.
FVC Valley conclusion will wait until ThursdayMay 20, 2014 12:00 AM
The intense Fox Valley Conference Valley Division race won’t be decided until Thursday. The Jacobs baseball team, tied with Huntley for first place in the FVC Valley with 2 games left for each, saw Tuesday’s tilt at rival Dundee-Crown suspended by lighting after eight innings, tied 2-2. Meanwhile in Huntley, the Red Raiders and Crystal Lake South likewise were suspended due to weather right after the Gators had rallied for 3 runs in the top of the sixth to knot the score 3-3. That contest was halted with Huntley coming to bat.
Jacobs takes second at FVC meetMay 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Kallash Panchapakesan won the No. 1 singles championship and Kendrick Chong finished second at No. 2 singles Tuesday to lead Jacobs to a second-place finish at the Fox Valley Conference boys tennis tournament.
Huntley blanks Jacobs; other games postponedMay 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Focused. Chip on its shoulder. However you want to describe Huntley’s mood, the Red Raiders’ girls soccer team was certainly ready for the postseason. Scoring 5 first-half goals, the top-seeded Red Raiders blitzed fourth-seeded Jacobs 5-0 in semifinal action of the Class 3A Huntley regional Tuesday night.
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Monday, May 19May 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Ryan Sargent tossed a 5-hitter with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts, and Tim Hubner, Matt Kozlak and Brenden Heiss each drove in runs as the Jacobs baseball team defeated Cary-Grove 3-1 on Monday. The victory kept Jacobs (20-11, 13-4), which has never won a title in the Fox Valley Conference, tied for first place in the Valley Division with Huntley with 2 games remaining.
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Monday, May 19May 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Huntley, Cary-Grove split: After taking a 3-1 loss to start the day thanks to a rain-shortened makeup, the Red Raiders (17-14, 7-5) rebounded and won 6-2 to close out the day in Fox Valley Conference Valley Division action.
Images: Harry D. Jacobs High School graduation.May 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Harry D. Jacobs High School held their graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 17 at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates.
Girls soccer: Scouting the Fox Valley postseasonMay 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Scouting the girls soccer postseason in the Fox Valley.
Benson to be new Huntley boys basketball coachMay 17, 2014 12:00 AM
Marengo coach Will Benson has accepted an offer to be the next boys basketball coach at Huntley High School, pending District 158 board approval, according to multiple sources. He replaces Marty Manning, who resigned last month to take the vacant head coaching position at Schaumburg. Benson did not immediately return requests seeking comment.
- NBA waiting on decisions by James, Anthony
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- Woman crashes SUV into Buffalo Grove store
- 5 reasons U.S. economy outpacing rest of world
- Big trade brings Cubs closer to winning
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Elgin city manager a finalist for Iowa job
- Attention shifts to 2018 U.S. soccer team
- Horses, goat die in barn fire near Wauconda
- Elgin officials: Despite glitch, July 4 celebration a success
- Neighbors decry car-racing noise at Sears Centre
- The top six fireworks shows in the suburbs
- Berkshire Partners to buy Portillo's restaurants
- Where the Wheaton College ruling could lead
- 'Fantastic horseman' Bruce Duchossois dies at 64
- Local clergy hand out condoms at Aurora Hobby Lobby store
- Sources: Cubs trade Samardzija, Hammel to Oakland
- When, where to see fireworks in the suburbs
- Ryan: 'Americans should come to their senses'
- Three injured in Fox River watercraft accident
- OFFICE ASSISTANT FASTENERSANDSPHER - OFFICE ASSISTANT REQUIRES 4+ YEARS IN THE FASTENER and -OR SPHERICAL ROD END INDUSTRY. FULL TIME, FAX RESUME 847-647-6712 (id:4377952) MACHINIST - Machinist 630-812-6559 1st Shift ; ; $8.25/hr+ 2nd Shift ; ; $9.08/hr+ Machine Feeder, Grinder and Machine Operator w/ 6 months experience for multiple jobs in Addison, Lombard, Villa Park, Carol Stream & Glendale Hts. (id:4377530) CERTIFIED OPHTHALMIC TECHNICIAN - Technician -Certified ophthalmic techician, FT, Medical office in Arlington Hts. Please email resumes to email@example.com or fax 847-394-5380 (id:4378375)
- CLEANING - CLEANING Earn $11-13/hr. Daytime hours M-F. Weekly pay. Car necessary. Call Merry Maids, 847-352-1051. (id:4379109) JOB FAIR - Job Fair-The Lutheran Home 800 W. Oakton St. Arlington Heights, IL Wednesday, July 2nd 8am-5pm CNA's needed to provide a wide variety of direct care and indirect services to residents. Shifts available-7am-7pm and 7pm-7am. Part Time Diet Aides needed to plate meals, monitor portions, maintain pantries, and sanitize wares to provide customers with the ultimate culinary experience. Floor Technician need-ed for all aspects of facility cleaning and maintenance. Pls contact Liz at 847/368-7596 www.LutheranLifeCommunities.org Lutheran Home, a Lutheran Life Community, is among the most respected and fastest growing systems for senior living in the nation. The Lutheran Home, a well-known and respected community with Assisted Living, short-term rehabilitation services, Memory Support and Long Term Care, has been a part of the Arlington Heights community since 1892, faithfully serving older adults and their families. We offer: A competitive and complete benefits package 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match Flexible Spending Accounts Medical, Dental, Vision and free Group Life Insurance (id:4378393) OFFICE ASSISTANT - SmithAmundsen LLC is seeking an energetic and dependable office assistant to provide general office support to the lawyers and staff in our St. Charles office. Duties include typing documents (legal knowledge is not required), time entry, copying, faxing, coordinating marketing materials and supplies, etc. This position will be part-time with no benefits, working up to 30 hrs-week. Ideal position for a recent grad who is looking for a job while applying to grad school, etc. No prior experience required, we will train. Great office environment, business casual attire. To apply, send your resume to: HR@salawus.com. No phone calls, please. (id:4377842)
- RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) MANUFACTURING - Manufacturing : : : $8.25/hr Addison/ Lombard area Entry Level Machine Cleaner to clean machinery/ equipment. Good time management & able to complete tasks efficiently req. 1st Shift 630-812-6559 (id:4377527) RN/NAVIGATOR - Provides ongoing skilled (nursing) assessment and coordination of services within a continuum of care and oversees service delivery for multidisciplinary team within Community Physical Therapy. Provides clinical leadership through care coordination, patient education and support for patients and their families around the complexity of health care for seniors. Must be IL licensed. Navigator is expected to be completed in 4hr-wk per building. Please contact Rosy Carmody at 630-766-0505 ext. 212 email@example.com (id:4377025)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.