Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Harry D. Jacobs High School
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Friday, March 27 Mar 27, 2015 9:38 PM
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Friday, March 27
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, March 26 Mar 26, 2015 8:39 PM
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, March 26
Girls track: Scouting the Fox Valley Mar 26, 2015 9:12 PM
Here's what to expect from the girls track and field teams in the Fox Valley this season.
Girls soccer: Scouting the Fox Valley Mar 26, 2015 9:12 PM
Here's what to expect from the girls soccer teams in the Fox Valley area this season.
Boys track: Scouting the Fox Valley Mar 26, 2015 9:12 PM
Here's what to expect from the boys track and field teams in the Fox Valley area this season.
Jacobs wins two more in Marion Mar 24, 2015 9:34 PM
Jacobs’ baseball team scored 4 runs in the bottom of the fifth inning Tuesday then held off a Cary-Grove rally in the top of the seventh to beat the Trojans 5-4 at Rent One Ballpark in downstate Marion.
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Monday, March 23 Mar 23, 2015 9:16 PM
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Monday, March 23
Baseball: Scouting the Fox Valley Mar 19, 2015 3:32 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school baseball teams of the Fox Valley this spring.
Softball: Scouting the Fox Valley Mar 19, 2015 3:32 PM
Here's what to expect from the high school softball teams of the Fox Valley this spring.
Huntley claims FVC indoor crown Mar 18, 2015 10:44 PM
Brennan Bell and the Huntley boys track team seem to be in midseason form. With Bell winning the 55-meter intermediate hurdles and the 55 high hurdles, the Red Raiders were able to cruise to the Fox Valley Conference indoor team title with 136 points Wednesday at Dundee-Crown. Grayslake Central was a distant second with 82 points.
Jacobs rallies to tie Johnsburg Mar 17, 2015 8:43 PM
After posting a disappointing 3-13 record last season, Jacobs girls soccer coach Stephanie Schuck wanted to start the 2015 campaign on a positive note. Mission accomplished. Scoring 2 goals in the final 11 minutes and 22 seconds, the host Golden Eagles rallied to forge a 2-2 tie with Johnsburg in nonconference action in Algonquin Tuesday afternoon.
Wrapping up another season starts with some memories Mar 15, 2015 9:40 AM
In the ever evolving world of high school sports one thing hasn’t changed. The memories. High school sports have and, hopefully, always will create lifelong memories for those who participate, watch, administer and, yes, report on them. This year’s girls state basketball tournament gave us a chance to relive some of those memories, as it does every year. But this year held a bit of a special meaning as it was the 30th anniversary of the only girls state championship produced by a team from an Elgin school.
Images: Daily Herald All-Area Team Captains, Basketball Mar 5, 2015 1:35 PM
See images of the Daily Herald Honorary All-Area Team Captains in boys and girls basketball for 2015.
Boys basketball: Fox Valley All-Area team Mar 5, 2015 2:06 PM
Presenting the 2014-15 Daily Herald Fox Valley All-Area team for boys basketball.
Jacobs’ Orange lived up to expectations Mar 5, 2015 6:18 PM
When former Jacobs coach Jim Hinkle announced his retirement in August of 2012, he made a point of saying he wasn’t leaving the proverbial cupboard bare for the next coach. Though his time to retire had arrived, the hall-of-fame coach lamented the fact he would only coach then-up-and-coming sophomore Chrishawn Orange for one varsity season, saying he expected the talented point guard to “have a big impact on the Fox Valley Conference” before his three-year varsity career was through.
Girls basketball: Fox Valley All-Area team Mar 6, 2015 8:43 AM
Presenting the 2014-15 Daily Herald Fox Valley All-Area team for girls basketball.
Pauletti’s shot lifts Bartlett over Jacobs Mar 5, 2015 5:07 AM
Bartlett guard Tyler Pauletti missed a contested jump shot at the end of regulation that would have beaten Jacobs in Wednesday’s Class 4A Bartlett regional semifinal. The 6-foot-2 junior didn’t let the opportunity to play hero slip away a second time in a thrilling 42-40 overtime victory.
Images: Jacobs vs. Bartlett, boys basketball Mar 4, 2015 9:41 PM
Jacobs faced Bartlett in the Class 4A Bartlett regional boys basketball semifinal on Wednesday, March 4 at Bartlett High School.
Boys basketball: Scouting the Class 3-4A postseason Feb 28, 2015 9:29 PM
Boys basketball: Scouting the Class 3-4A postseason in the Fox Valley
Jacobs notches 14th win in a row Feb 27, 2015 11:55 PM
When Jacobs boys basketball coach Jimmy Roberts analyzed his team’s schedule after a disappointing fourth place finish in the Hinkle Holiday Classic, he told his team there was absolutely no reason for it to lose and of its final 14 regular-season games. In fact, Roberts said he was going to do everything he possibly could to win 14-straight, and knew his Golden Eagles had it in them, too. Parts 1 through 13, completed over the last 8 weeks, racked up an undefeated Fox Valley Conference Valley Division crown and nonconference wins against Waukegan, Elgin and Libertyville. But part 14 of that long, second-half odyssey finally concluded Friday on Senior Night when Jacobs beat Prairie Ridge 71-61 in Algonquin in an FVC crossover between the two division leaders for the unofficial conference title.
- Glenbard East cruises past Addison Trail
- DVD previews: 'The Imitation Game,' 'Interstellar,' 'Wild'
- Closed session and executive session are the same
- Pension crisis is not real
- Burlington Central's Ege ready for Top Times
- Daily Herald disputes Long Grove mailer
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- Singapore bids farewell to Lee Kuan Yew in elaborate funeral
- Trash bin fire causes smoke damage at Mundelein Goodwill
- Kuma's Corner coming to Schaumburg in July
- The sex discrimination trial that rocked Silicon Valley. What you need to know.
- Bulls thriving after being spurned by Melo
- Wheaton man charged with stealing from Downers Grove charity
- Ex-Islamic Foundation finance director admits theft
- Change in constitution is only permanent solution to pension crisis
- Rolling Meadows man charged with convenience store robbery
- Prosecutors: Employee stole $3,600 from Rosemont restaurant
- Elgin man charged with selling heroin near school
- Pension crisis is not real
- DuPage, Kane residents among state's healthiest
- Son's illiness causes Maryland coach Frese to 'enjoy the moment'
- Daily Herald disputes Long Grove mailer
- Fraud raises question of whether Apple Pay is secure
- Chicago funeral home to be turned into apartments
- Northwest suburban police blotter
- HUNTLEY FIREFIGHTER - is accepting applications for FIREFIGHTERS Application Deadline: 4pm. on 4-27-15 Application Fee: $30 Entry-Level and Subjective Written Exam: 9am, 5-16-15, Huntley HS Contact: IOS Recruitment Recruitment.iosolutions.org 800-343-HIRE firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4402403) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Programmer Analyst eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Programmer Analyst. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Cnvrt proj specs & statemnts of probs & procdrs to dtaild logcl flow charts for coding into comp lnguge. Dvlp & write comp progs to store, loc, & retrve spcfc docs, data, & info. Rsrch, anlyz & dtrmne info needs & dataflw reqmnts. Req exp w/ IBM Information Server, DataStage, & MS Visio. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 6 mos. of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI02 EOE (id:4401964) PROGRAMMER ANALYST - Lead Webmethods Developer eTek IT Services Inc has j/o's for Lead Webmethods Developer. Jobs loc in Schaumburg, IL & var unanticip locs t/o the US. Dsgn, build, or mntn web sites, usng authrng or scriptng lnguges, contnt creatn tools, mngmnt tools, & digital media. Cnfr w/ mngmnt or dvlpmnt teams to prioritize needs, reslve conflcts, dvlp contnt criteria, chooz solutns. Mxmz site up-time by mngng operatns; reslvng outages. Req exp w/ Webmethods, WebSphere, JMS, EnterpriseOne adapter, & Oracle. Trvl/reloc to var unanticip locs t/o the US for LT/ST asgnmnts at clt sites. Req: BS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 5 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Also OK: MS or frgn equiv in Comp Sci, Engg (any), or rel & 3 yrs of exp in the job/off or as a Comp S/W Profl. Mail res w/cvr ltr: eTek IT Services Inc PO Box 59058 Schaumburg, IL 60159 Job 14ETI33; EOE (id:4401634)
- DRYWALL TAPER / FINISHER - Drywall taper/finisher for new construction and remodeling work Call Chuck 630-330-6326 (id:4402475) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Support We are an Independent Food Broker located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago in business for 15 years. Summary: Manage client accounts and support Account Managers to ensure client, customer and company expectation are adhered to. Support Sales Team with order entry and sales presentations Assist with daily account management for select client accounts Ensure order entry database is maintained with accurate client/customer information Resolves problems in an efficient and courteous manner Organizes and files client correspondence, contracts, bill backs and deductions Process client claims and deductions for repayment Issue client check drafts in a timely and accurate manner and maintain log accurately Process misc. sales and customer service correspondence as needed Perform month end reporting invoicing for various account Requirements: Excellent customer service skills Strong organization, problem solving analytical and time management skills Attention to detail Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Taking initiative; strong sense of task completion Trustworthy; ability to handle confidential and sensitive information Able to work in a fast paced environment, organized, able to multi task TEAM orientated and hard working Prompt attendance Must be efficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) 2+ Years Sales Support or Customer Service College degree preferred Please send resume to HR@ISIMIDWEST.COM (id:4400672) CLEANING - CLEANING HOMES must have DL & speak Eng. $10-14 + bnfts. Call McMaid Rolling Mdws: 847-991-2383 Dwnrs Grv: 630-515-8800 Wauconda: 847-526-4447 (id:4402019)
- ASSOC TECHNIAL DIRECTOR - Assoc Technical Director Assoc Technical Director: Oversee build, deployment & release processes, administer & manage a multi tiered distributed internet hosting infrastructure, resp for maintaining agile app support & development tools, & automation. Duties: collaborate w/cross-functional teams to implement maintenance changes & functional enhancements; provide leadership on implementation of configuration files, build & deployment templates; serve as the tech expert for DEV, QA, Staging & Production environments & execute multi branded releases; monitor system & app health; resp for on-call escalation for ops & app issues; monitor & ensure consistency of build; document How-To knowledge repository & friction points, common implementation problems & develop tech recommendations; provide tech support, assistance & guidance to Project Mgrs & Team Leads; administer & own build & deployment systems & processes; evaluate new tools & tech-nologies, presenting business case recommendations to agency & client mgmt; promote build & release process efficiency through automation using processes, existing tools & enhancements. Chicago loop location. Req's B.S. in Comp Sci & 5 yrs of post-degree, progressive exp as Project Lead. Exp must incl: a) Websphere Application Server, Tomcat, JBoss; Solution architect on Enterprise middleware technologies; b) performance mgmt tools (jProfiler, jProbe); c) systems & app monitoring software (HP OpenView, Nagios); d) Perl & Shell scripting; e) Internet/e-Com app development; f) Java build tools (ANT, Maven, Nexus, Jenkins); g) designing, installing & managing multi-tiered distributed hosting infrastructure, both Virtual (VMware, Citrix XenServer) & Cloud based (Rackspace, Amazon AWS, Eucalyptus); & h) change mgmt systems & version control tools (JIRA, IBM Rational ClearQuest, Subversion, IBM Rational ClearCase). Leo Burnett Company, Inc., 35 West Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL, 60601. Apply online at: www.leoburnett.com. EOE (id:4402713) DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - Education -Arlington Heights School District 25 / Director of Facilities Management Opening: 12 mo/Full Benefits Preferred candidates: Degree in facilities management, engineering, or a closely related field; Must have strong interpersonal/leadership skills, knowledge of HVAC, electrical, grounds, etc. Apply at www.sd25.org (id:4402506) LINE COOK / DISHWASHER - Line Cook & Dishwasher Breakfast & Lunch only. Must be available days & weekends Apply in Person: 11302 US Hwy 12 Richmond, IL. Email: Americancafejobs@gmail.com (id:4402018)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.