Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Harry D. Jacobs High School
Girls volleyball: Jacobs triumphs, Bartlett falls Oct 27, 2014 10:42 PM
Jacobs d. Rockford Jefferson: Bridget Wallenberger had 8 kills and Paige Queffelec 17 assists to lead Jacobs (17-19) to a 25-16, 25-6 win at the Class 4A Huntley regional.
Elation, dejection for Fox Valley football teams Oct 26, 2014 12:04 AM
Saturday’s announcement of the IHSA football playoff pairings left four area teams elated, two dejected. Everyone wearing St. Edward green and gold sported a broad smile at Danny’s on Douglas, a pizzeria in downtown Elgin where approximately 100 members of the St. Edward football community gathered in front of a big screen to find out which opponent the Green Wave would draw in the wake of a 9-0 regular season.
Huntley’s Smith wins regional title Oct 25, 2014 7:41 PM
Huntley junior Keagan Smith beat the field on Saturday, winning the individual championship at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford boys cross country regional. Smith ran the course in a time of 15:03.22, almost 33 seconds better than Hononegah’s Jared Christiansen.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen a regional champ Oct 25, 2014 6:46 PM
Lauren Van Vlierbergen, Gabby Juarez and Kelly Meehleib took the first steps toward Detweiller Park in Peoria on Saturday in convincing fashion. Van Vlierbergen, the Jacobs senior who finished fourth in the Class 3A state girls cross country meet last season, won the Class 3A Palatine regional Saturday while Juarez, Streamwood’s senior speedster who was 49th at state in 2013, was the individual champion at the Class 3A Glenbard North regional. Meehleib, a Huntley senior who did not qualify for state last year, was the champion at the Class 3A Rockford Guilford regional, also leading her team to the title.
Jacobs handles McHenry, now the wait begins Oct 24, 2014 11:19 PM
The equation was simple. Win and wait. Jacobs took care of the winning part and became playoff eligible with an impressive 50-25 win over McHenry in Fox Valley Conference Valley Division action at McHenry’s McCracken Field Friday night.
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, Oct. 23 Oct 23, 2014 10:49 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, Oct. 23
South Elgin’s Derowski still alive at state Oct 23, 2014 10:41 PM
South Elgin sophomore Lisa Derowski is the only remaining Fox Valley area player in the state girls tennis tournament, which is being played at several venues throughout the Northwest suburbs.
Fox Valley area teams gear up for volleyball postseason Oct 24, 2014 3:09 PM
The Road to Redbird opens for business Monday night as girls volleyball teams in all four classes around the state embark on the postseason. In the Fox Valley area, several interesting scenarios could develop as teams vie for a spot in the IHSA Final Four at Redbird Arena in Normal the weekend of Nov. 14-15.
Scouting Week 9 in the Fox Valley Oct 24, 2014 3:12 PM
Scouting Week 9 football games in the Fox Valley
Jacobs hoping its Halloween treat is a playoff game Oct 22, 2014 9:09 PM
Jacobs football coach Bill Mitz doesn’t have anything against trick or treaters. It’s just that for the last 26 years he has rarely been home to hand out candy. Mitz is usually either coaching in or preparing his teams for the IHSA playoffs. His Stevenson teams made the playoffs 21 straight seasons from 1989-2009.
Crystal Lake South, Cary-Grove will meet for soccer title Oct 21, 2014 10:55 PM
Even though top-seeded Crystal Lake South earned a 3-2 win over No. 4 Jacobs in a Class 3A boys soccer regional semifinal hosted by the Golden Eagles in Algonquin Tuesday, the Gators learned something invaluable en route to the regional championship at 5 p.m. on Friday against No. 2 Cary-Grove, which beat McHenry 2-0 on Tuesday..
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Tuesday, Oct. 21 Oct 21, 2014 10:11 PM
Girls volleyball: Fox Valley roundup Tuesday, Oct. 21
Burlington Central’s Niesel 14th at state golf Oct 18, 2014 10:02 PM
Burlington Central senior Austin Niesel shot a 76 on Saturday at Weibring Golf Course in Normal to finish tied for 14th place in Class 2A with a two-day total of 154.
Jacobs Van Vlierbergen makes it a FVC trifecta Oct 18, 2014 8:43 PM
Muddy, wet conditions. Didn’t matter. Annoying mist. Didn’t matter. You get the picture. Nothing was going to deter Jacobs senior standout Lauren Van Vlierbergen from capturing her third straight Fox Valley Conference individual championship. Van Vlierbergen, who finished fourth in Class 3A in 2013, posted a 3-mile time of 17:53.8 to finish first at Saturday’s Fox Valley Conference girls cross country championship at Hickory Nut Grove Park in Cary.
Prairie Ridge turns the tables on Jacobs Oct 18, 2014 8:07 PM
This time it was Prairie Ridge’s turn. Jacobs edged the Wolves at last week’s Fox Valley Conference girls tennis tournament, but it was Prairie Ridge taking the team title at the Huntley sectional Saturday. Prairie Ridge totaled 25 points to 19 for Jacobs. Crystal Lake Central was close behind in third with 16 points.
Boys golf: Burlington Central’s Niesel in 10th place Oct 17, 2014 9:28 PM
Burlington Central senior Austin Niesel has a chance to bring home a medal from the Class 2A state boys golf tournament. Niesel shot a 6-over par 78 Friday at Weibring Golf Course in Normal and enters Saturday’s final round tied for 10th place.
Crystal Lake S. upends Jacobs, keeps hope alive Oct 17, 2014 11:15 PM
The odds seemed against Crystal Lake South. Gators coach Chuck Ahsmann has been battling cancer. Sophomore quarterback Luke Nolan was making his varsity start. And the Gators had to win to keep their playoff hopes alive. The Gators defied the odds and knocked off Jacobs 24-14 in Fox Valley Conference Valley Division action in Crystal Lake Friday night.
Live video: Jacobs vs. Crystal Lake South Oct 17, 2014 9:02 AM
Jacobs vs. Crystal Lake South football
Fox Valley area boys soccer teams gear up for postseason play Oct 16, 2014 10:59 PM
With the winners of the Class 3A Streamwood, Jacobs and Huntley boys soccer regionals meeting Wednesday, Oct. 29 in the DeKalb sectional, here’s how the Fox Valley area teams stack up as regional play begins this weekend.
Scouting Week 8 in the Fox Valley Oct 16, 2014 10:51 PM
Scouting Week 8 football games in the Fox Valley.
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- Girls volleyball: Thursday's results
- Glen Ellyn students' costumes are saintly, not scary
- Oak Brook woman still learning and teaching at 83
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Big-name managers don't always work out for Cubs
- Hossa hits milestone in Blackhawks' win
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.