Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hampshire
Zion United Methodist Women celebrate 170 years Feb 17, 2015 9:28 PM
In celebration of 170 years of ministry, a modified version of the “Church Basement Ladies” will be presented by members of Zion United Methodist Women on Sunday, Feb. 22, immediately after the 10:15 a.m. service at Zion United Methodist Church in Hampshire. The public is welcome to the service and the short performance which will highlight the group’s history and many years of charity.
Elgin Woman’s Club plans March meeting Feb 16, 2015 9:07 PM
The Elgin Woman’s Club will hold its next meeting at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, March 3, with a luncheon and program at Villa Olivia Country Club in Bartlett. Cost for the luncheon meeting and program is $20 and may be paid for the day of the meeting.
Learn what it takes to get ideas into laws Feb 16, 2015 8:58 PM
4-H members in Illinois will learn how ideas become law during a mock debate in the Chambers of the Illinois House of Representatives March 27-28 in Springfield. Delegates will debate mock bills using the same process used by real legislators in the Illinois House and Senate, including use of the House microphones and voting buttons to determine the fate of various bills. 4-H members who were at least 14 years of age by Sept. 1, 2014 may register online at go.illinois.edu/4hgreatdebate by March 13.
Unidentified Body Found in North Carolina Has Streamwood Connection Feb 17, 2015 1:00 AM
The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children's Facebook site, Help ID Me, recently contacted Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System to help spread the word to local resources in hopes that the young man might be identified. New technology helped to produce an image to show what the unidentified teenager may have looked like. Help give him back his name. John Doe is a Caucasian male between the ages of 15-20, who had short, light brown hair, stood five feet nine inches tall and weighed 171 pounds. He was wearing jeans, a blue plaid long-sleeved shirt, a brown jacket and sneakers. Investigators believe he was transient for some time prior to his death, and may have lost touch with relatives. They believe he spent time in Florida, Illinois and Tennessee before arriving in North Carolina. If you have any information, please call 1-800-THE-LOST. A complete story can be found by the Crossroads Chronicle here: http://www.crossroadschronicle.com/pages/full_story_free/push?article-Body+still+unidentified+after+31+years%20&id=26459663&instance=top_stories Link to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpIDMe
TMA’s Zach Mottl Appointed to United States Manufacturing Panel Feb 16, 2015 7:20 AM
TMA’s Zach Mottl Appointed to United States Manufacturing Panel
Learn about giving photos new life with woodburning Feb 13, 2015 11:09 AM
Art for All will hold its general membership meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 17, in the community room at Elgin Artspace, 51 S. Spring St. It will begin with a social hour from 6-7 p.m. followed by a program by Marcia Gutiérrez on "Woodburning - Giving Photographs a New Life".
CLC Theatre presents classic French comedy ‘The Miser’ Feb 25, 2015 12:46 PM
“The Miser” by Molière will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27 and 28 and March 5, 6 and 7, and 2 p.m. March 1 by the College of Lake County Theatre Department.
Kohl’s Cares to award $400,000 in scholarships Feb 12, 2015 10:59 AM
Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program recently announced it will award nearly $400,000 in scholarships and prizes to more than 2,500 students who have made a positive impact on their communities.
The Literacy Connection needs volunteers Feb 12, 2015 10:52 AM
The Literacy Connection needs more tutors. There are 163 adults who remain on the waiting list.
Woman pulled from burning Hampshire apartment dies from injuries Feb 12, 2015 10:24 AM
A Hampshire woman who suffered serious injuries when a fire broke out in her Hampshire apartment has died. Georgia Hartman was pronounced dead at 3:20 p.m. Tuesday at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, a Cook County Medical Examiner's Office spokesman said. The fire started at 10 p.m. Friday.
Feb. 15 last day to enroll for 2015 ACA health coverage Feb 12, 2015 6:33 PM
Sunday, Feb. 15, is the last day to enroll for health insurance coverage. To help you beat the rush and avoid the penalty for not having health insurance, Aunt Martha’s Health Center will be offering free enrollment assistance at our Affordable Care Act Enrollment (Obamacare) Fairs all this week. These events are open to the public, and everyone is welcome to attend.
First Detector workshops share key insights on invasive species in Illinois Feb 12, 2015 8:13 PM
More than 40 horticulture industry professionals and experienced gardeners learned about critical pest issues during the 2015 Illinois First Detector Workshop in Wheaton. Each year, the Illinois First Detector Program presents key information on invasive pests, diseases and plants through workshops in eight locations across Illinois, including the Feb. 3 event at Cantigny Gardens.
Volunteers are Valuable: Kane County 4-H says thank you Feb 12, 2015 8:28 PM
Kane County 4-H and University of Illinois Extension staff honored dozens of 4-H program volunteers at the recent annual 4-H Appreciation Dinner at the Kane County Fairgrounds Prairie Events Center in St. Charles. “The Kane County 4-H program would not be successful without the amazing volunteers,” said Doris Braddock, 4-H Program Coordinator, Kane County. “They lead our clubs, give time at the annual county fair, and provide other positive learning opportunities throughout the year."
Police: Man caught with 350 pounds of pot in Hampshire Feb 12, 2015 10:12 PM
A North Carolina man was arrested in Hampshire with more than 350 pounds of marijuana valued at more than $3 million on Thursday, according to the Kane County sheriff's office.
Hampshire trustee hopefuls differ on emergency communications Feb 11, 2015 12:50 PM
Four people seeking Hampshire trustee seats have differing views on the village's emergency communications systems. Challenger Toby Koth and incumbents Janet Kraus, Orris Ruth and Rob Whaley are seeking one of three, 4-year seats in the April 7 election.
Kyuki-Do Martial Arts to host annual blood drive Feb. 28 Feb 11, 2015 9:03 PM
Kyuki-Do Martial Arts of Elgin, in association with Heartland Blood Centers, is holding its annual blood drive on Saturday, Feb. 28, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Team registration open for Literacy Connection’s Trivia Bee fundraiser Feb 11, 2015 8:56 PM
It’s time to register your team to compete in The Literacy Connection’s 18th annual Trivia Bee Fundraiser, which takes place on Saturday, April 18, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin.
St. Laurence School to host Knowledge Fair, open house Feb. 24 Feb 10, 2015 5:54 PM
St. Laurence School, 572 Standish St. in Elgin, is proud to present its annual Knowledge Fair and Open House on Tuesday, Feb. 24. The students have worked hard to create, develop and present a variety of programs and events. Such highlights will include “The Hall of History,” “The Poetry Cafe,” “Science Fair,” student movies and many special projects from individual classes. This is an opportunity to talk to the teachers, and schedule a tour.
Fox Valley police reports Feb 10, 2015 4:21 PM
Mason T. France, 23, of Elgin, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after crashing into a utility pole and fence post at about 7:21 p.m. Jan. 30 on Route 72 about one-half mile east of Big Timber Road near Hampshire, according to a sheriff’s report.
Recital Feb. 21 to benefit Crisis Center Feb 10, 2015 9:55 PM
First Congregational Church of Dundee will host a benefit recital featuring soprano AnDréa James and guitarist Fareed Haque at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 21. The community is invited to this charity performance, which will benefit the Community Crisis Center in Elgin.
- 31-year-old N. Carolina cold case leads to Streamwood?
- Schaumburg closer to first new apartment complex in 30 years
- 'Massive' construction ahead for I-90, Elgin-O'Hare commuters
- Campaign text message likens Breuder to Hitler
- Suburban towns hire experts to help battle O'Hare noise
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- What Rahm's rough week means for suburban casinos
- CDW, Medline planning offices in Lincolnshire
- Water pipeline for seven towns moving this week
- Island Lake cop gets new $60,000-a-year job
- Pac-Man-themed restaurant opens at Woodfield
- Fatal accident, other problems slow commute on Metra
- $175,000 bond for priest facing child porn charges
- Star chemistry compensates for wild plotting in 'Focus'
- Two charged in Warrenville gas station robbery
- Larkin makes a statement with win over Geneva
- Constable: Newly discovered film shows Eastland horrors
- Naperville lottery winner sets record, has record
- Barrington grabs MSL title at Hersey
- A super North Suburban finale for Stevenson
SOSEScript: most_commented failed executing with the following error:
Error on line 34 position 3: The operation timed out
- CDL A DRIVERS - Drivers LOCAL COMPANY CDL A DRIVERS You Are Very Important To us! We want you to be very Well Compensated with Daily Home Time, be Home Weekends and have excellent benefits with a 401K! Plus we will provide you with a $1,500.00 Sign On Bonus!!! Chicagoland Pick Up & Delivery! Class A CDL with 1 yr. experience req. CDN Logistics, 317 W Lake Street, Northlake, IL 60164. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 708-615-8806 (id:4399178) DRIVER / AUTO MECHANIC / WELDER - Driver/auto mechanic/welder welding exp. & auto repair with own tools, CDL A. Business located in Elgin: pick up/ deliver to local Chicagoland area. email@example.com (id:4399336) RN - RN'S-TAKE YOUR CAREER IN A NEW DIRECTION IN 2015! HINES & ASSOCIATES, INC. ST.CHARLES OFFICE Now is the time to move out of the clinical setting and transition to an office environment in a Case Management position where you continue to work with patients using your knowledge to determine treatment options & coordinate care & resources. No nights, holidays or weekends! Must be an RN w/ Min. 3 yrs acute care or HHC exp REHAB EXP A PLUS Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 847-741-1728 Or call 877-429-7345 X 3426 with questions (id:4399143)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service SEASONAL STAFF Rail Europe, Inc., a European based company is in search of F/T Seasonal Staff employees to start work in March. The bilingual sales oriented consultants we seek must enjoy working w/ our customer base via email and/or Live Chat/Instant Messenger in a contact center environment. Strong customer service, writing and sales skills are a must. All paid training will be done in-house at our O'Hare office location. Fluency in Spanish or Portuguese is required. Our $14/hr w/monthly sales incentive and Loyalty Bonus is just the start of our compensation package. We offer excellent Health and Travel benefits. Applicants may fax resumes to Attn: JW at 847-916-1002 or EMAIL to: email@example.com EOE (id:4398419) LINE TECHINICIAN - Line Technicians (id:4399110) TOOL MAKER - TOOL MAKER / PROJECT MANAGER Injection Molder is seeking a Project Manager/Tool Maker for immediate consideration. Candidate needs experience in the injection molding industry with hands on tooling experience and mold making capabilities. Elgin area. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4399042)
- MANUFACTURING - ManufacturingHanover Pk 20+ Full and Part Time jobs!! VERY FLEXIBLE schedules! Assembly, Inspecting, Pick/ Packing & Machine Operation 12 hour AM and PM shifts. To $8.60/hr 630-620-9800 Walk-ins Welcome 9am-3pm at Staff Force Addison office 190 North Swift Road, Ste X email@example.com (id:4398953) USIC LOCATE TECHNICIAN - USIC LOCATE TECHNICIAN Daytime, full-time Locate Technician positions available! 100% PAID TRAINING $14.00/hr. Company vehicle & equipment provided. PLUS medical, dental, vision, & life insurance. Requirements: Must be able to work outdoors. HS Diploma or GED. Ability to work OT & weekends. Must have valid driver's license with safe driving record. Must complete background check. Apply today: www.usicllc.com EEO/AA (id:4398765) WAREHOUSE - Warehouse help needed FT, benefits, Fax resume to 847-524-0079 or apply in person at 951 Estes Ct Schaumburg, IL 60193 (id:4397120)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.