Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hampshire
One sweet ride prize in St. James’ 150th anniversary raffleJun 27, 2014 12:00 AM
St. James Episcopal Church in West Dundee is celebrating their 150th anniversary of parish ministry in northern Kane County. A 1964 Ford Thunderbird Coupe appraised at $25,000 was donated and will be raffled on The Feast of Saint James on Sunday, July 27.
St. Catherine of Siena teens receive national awardJun 26, 2014 12:00 AM
St. Catherine of Siena Church Dundee Youth ministry members receive high honor
NIU names Harlan Teller interim VP for marketing and communicationsJun 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Northern Illinois University appointed NIU alumnus Harlan Teller to the position of interim vice president, overseeing the university’s Division of Marketing & Communications for the next two years.
Summit School Early Learning Program in Elgin introduces all-day kindergarten Jun 26, 2014 12:00 AM
All-day kindergarten is introduced at Summit School Early Learning Center in Elgin.
Charges against hot-air balloon pilot in Huntley possibleJun 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Huntley Police Chief John Perkins said Wednesday a hot-air balloon pilot’s decision to land in a residential neighborhood was “irresponsible” and could result in charges against the pilot. The balloon carrying four people took off from a Hampshire airport and landed at 7:27 a.m. Tuesday in the middle of an intersection at Songbird Lane and Windy Prairie Drive in the Sun City senior living community. “He was either very irresponsible for putting it down in a residential neighborhood or there was a safety problem,” Perkins said. “If we believe that he brought that (balloon) down intentionally, I would have to pursue charges.”
2014 KIDS IDENTIFICATION AND SAFETY SEAT PROGRAM LAUNCHEDJun 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Summer-long child safety campaign helps parents, grandparents and caregivers create kids’ identification cards and install child safety seats
Kane County Fair announces talent contest first-round senior division finalistsJun 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Kane County Fair announces talent contest first round senior division finalists
Kane County Fair announces talent contest first round junior division finalistsJun 25, 2014 12:00 AM
More than 35 talented young people participated in the Kane County Fair Talent Contest auditions held at St. Patrick School in St. Charles on Saturday, June 14, according to Larry Rossi, RPM Creative Music, coordinator of the talent contest.
Pilot: Huntley balloon landing wasn’t emergencyJun 24, 2014 12:00 AM
What seemed like an emergency landing by a hot-air balloon in a Huntley neighborhood Tuesday morning wasn’t really an emergency at all, said pilot Chad Morin. It was planned and “perfectly executed,” said Morin, 37, of Marengo, a commercial hot-air balloon pilot and owner of Nostalgia Ballooning, which runs flights out of the Hampshire and Huntley area. “There were no gusts. It was really calm out,” he said. “There was no emergency here.”
Call to visual artistsJun 23, 2014 12:00 AM
The St. Charles Arts Council is sponsoring the "next" neXt gallery, a pop-up art gallery program. Visual artists are invited to submit their work for jurying.
Fox Valley Eagles games relocating to Lake BarringtonJun 23, 2014 12:00 AM
The Fox Valley Eagles of the Ironman Football League has announced the team is relocating its 2014 home games from Huntley to Lake Barrington prior to this season's opening which is scheduled for this Saturday, June 28.
Enjoy fireworks, open air market in BurlingtonJun 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Burlington is looking forward to bursting at the seams in the next couple of weeks! The Friends of Burlington will sell Fourth of July LED and Glow in the Dark novelties at Old Second Bank Burlington on June 28 from 8 a.m. to noon.
Register for fifth annual Faith Christian Academy summer volleyball campJun 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Almost $3 million in tax refunds for Elgin families through free tax prep program Jun 22, 2014 12:00 AM
The Free Tax Prep Program, where lower income individuals and families can have their taxes prepared for free by certified volunteers, resulted in nearly $3 million in federal and state refunds for the 2014 tax season.
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsJun 20, 2014 12:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of June 16.
Survey will document economic impact of county fairsJun 19, 2014 12:00 AM
Agricultural county fairs have a long tradition in Illinois, but the impact goes far beyond delightful squeals from children on the Tilt-A-World and sticky fingers from cotton candy. In a cooperative effort, University of Illinois Extension and the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs, fair-goers in 15 counties will be surveyed to assess the economic impact of Illinois' agricultural fairs.
One-of-a-kind trunk show coming to Fine Line Jun 19, 2014 12:00 AM
The public is invited to an outstanding Trunk Show, when American fiber artist John Marshall brings textiles bearing designs created with his katazome work and more to Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles, on Friday, July 25, from 5:30 – 8:30 pm.
Norris Gallery presents Artist Talk: Inside the StudioJun 16, 2014 12:00 AM
Local artist Nick Freeman shares his painting materials and methods in conjunction with his one-man exhibit at the Norris Gallery in St. Charles
Kane County Bar Association hosts awards ceremonyJun 16, 2014 12:00 AM
The Kane County Bar Association held its Annual Membership and Awards Ceremony on June 5
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsJun 13, 2014 12:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select the finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of June 9.
- Pau but no pow for Bulls
- What's up with Cleveland being so forgiving?
- Galaxy Tab S review: The tablet may be too late
- Bulls in pretty good spot
- Mystery solved! Couple claims lost wedding photos
- Storms rumble through area
- Arlington Heights police looking for missing man, 89
- Aurora club sued over lead contamination in preserve
- Boy hit by car near Lake in the Hills fest
- Leaders in Villa Park break fast together for Ramadan
- Aurora club sued over lead contamination in preserve
- Bulls might need an assist from Phil Jackson
- We need your help with wedding photo mystery
- Kristufek's Arlington selections for July 12
- Polar vortex next week? Not likely, but it's going to be cold
- Gasol tweets that he's joining Bulls
- Family, friends mourn death of Glenbard East cheerleader
- Round Lake Beach police officer faces gas theft charge
- Geneva man charged in murder of his wife
- Car missing for 20 years found in Advocate Good Shepherd pond
- SALES ASSISTANT - Sales Assistant in Bloomingdale area. Mfr/distribution/ supply chain. Salary/Bonus/ Benefits. Please fax resume: 630-529-8620 or email: email@example.com (id:4379492) DRIVER OPERATOR - "OPENINGS" Drywall Stockers needed Class "A" CDL required top pay+ benefits Aurora area 815-332-4240 (id:4378940) A/R BILLING & COLLECTIONS - Accounts Receivable -Elk Grove Contractor seeks talented individual to integrate into busy office environment & perform: Billing, A/R, Collections. Will work closely with Service & New Construction Dpts. Minimum related work history of 5 yrs a must. Req'd to possess strg computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Office & QuickBooks. Knowledge of Construction billing & AIA con-tracts preferable. The right candidate will establish their own workflow to meet demand- ing daily needs. Exc. pay/bene- fits. resume firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4377060)
- SHIPPING CLERK - FT Shipping Clerk needed. Must have computer and Microsoft Office knowledge and some previous shipping experience. Email resume to: email@example.com (id:4379805) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING INSTRUCTORS: FALL SEMESTER 2014 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: Foundations, Med/Surg and Maternal Child Nursing Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience. Previous teaching experience preferred. Adjunct Faculty for Nursing Assistant Program Requirements include: Current Illinois RN licensure; Associate's degree and completion of IDPH Train the Trainer and Evaluator programs within the past 5 years. Previous experience in the care of the elderly, chronically ill or clients diagnosed with Alzheimer's/ dementia. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for these positions, go to www.morton.edu & click on Working@Morton. Download application, authorization release form, and send cover letter, resume, copy of transcripts (required upon hire), & salary history via e-mail to: HumanResources@morton.edu, fax: 708-656-0025, or mail to: HR Dept., Morton College, 3801 S. Central Ave., Cicero, IL 60804. EOE (id:4379319) ROOFING - Se solicitan trabajadores que se especializen en la reparacin/instalacin de techos de madera y de tablilla (shingle), para una compaa localizada en Barrington, IL. Tienen que proveer lo siguiente: Responsibilidad General, Seguro de Compensacin para Trabajadores, Transportacion, Erramientas y tambien Referencias. Para una cita o mas informacion por favor comuniquese con Marta al 224-655-7672 (id:4379059)
- HEALTH CARE - FT exp. Receptionist needed for internal medicine physicians office. Medical Manager Computer System for appts. Busy phones. Fax resume to 847-439-5165 (id:4379739) MAINTENANCE/JANITORIAL - Maintenance/Janitorial Arl Hts. ofc, flexible hrs. Call Marilyn 847-870-6100 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4379857) SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS - NOW HIRING SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS -No experience necessary -Training Provided -Part-time morning and afternoon hours -Bring your child to work Starting wage for new drivers beginning 9/1/14 -$14.70 Apply online at: www.durhamschoolservices.com Or in person: 880 South Route 83 Grayslake, IL 60030 847-543-9244 EOE (id:4375009)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.