Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hampshire High School
Baseball all-area team / Fox ValleyJun 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Presenting the all-area baseball team for the Fox Valley.
Softball: Fox Valley All-Area teamJun 12, 2014 12:00 AM
Presenting the 2014 Fox Valley all-area softball team.
Images: Boys State Track & Field Finals RoundMay 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Images from the Boys Track & Field Finals Round at O'Brien Field on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston on Saturday, May 31.
Burlington Central 3rd in Class 2AMay 31, 2014 12:00 AM
During the more than three-hour bus ride to Eastern Illinois University, the members of the Burlington Central track team knew that winning at a trophy at the Class 2A state track and field championships this weekend at O’Brien Field was more than possible. That is, if the Rockets did what they were capable of. The formula was simple. Watch junior Lucas Ege run real fast in his hurdles races and in the two relays and let the chips fall where they may. Of course, Ege had plenty of help too. SIU-Edwardsville-bound senior Matt O’Connor would place second in the 800-meter run to add 8 very valuable points. But even with all of that, it would take a fantastic performance from Ege, O’Connor, Casey Matthews and Kyle Neubauer in the 1,600-meter relay to end the meet to give the Rockets the final push in points they would need.
Burlington Central in Class 2A trophy positionMay 30, 2014 12:00 AM
As coach Mike Schmidt was hoping, the Burlington Central Rockets boys track and field team put itself in prime position for big things in the team race Saturday at the IHSA state meet at Eastern Illinois University’s O’Brien Field. Junior Lucas Ege is seeded second in the 300 hurdles and 110 high hurdles after a relatively stress-free qualifying session.
Images: Boys State Track & Field Preliminary RoundMay 30, 2014 12:00 AM
Images from the Boys Track & Field Preliminary Round at O'Brien Field on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston on Friday, May 30.
Burlington Central’s sites set on trophyMay 29, 2014 12:00 AM
The Burlington Central boys track team is doing some medal prospecting this weekend. The Rockets feel they have a chance to be in the hunt for the third-place trophy at the Class 2A state finals at O’Brien Stadium on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston.
Norasith, Hougland surviving in the backdrawMay 29, 2014 12:00 AM
South Elgin’s Andre Norasith and Hampshire’s Elisha Hougland provided a lession in resiliency on Thursday. Both fired back with three consecutive victories after opening-round losses on the first day of the boys tennis state tournament to earn a second day of competition.
Major League dream keeps Goebbert goingMay 28, 2014 12:00 AM
Hampshire graduate Jake Goebbert did just that earlier in the month. Goebbert, also a former baseball standout at Northwestern University, was recently traded by the Oakland A’s to the San Diego Padres. Goebbert started the 2014 season playing for the A’s Triple-A team in Sacramento, Calif. He was dealt to San Diego along with a player-to-be-named later or cash considerations in a move that sent Padres outfielder Kyle Blanks to Oakland. Goebbert was assigned to San Diego’s Triple-A affiliate in El Paso, Texas.
Baseball: Fox Valley roundup Monday, May 26May 26, 2014 12:00 AM
The Crystal Lake South baseball team guaranteed itself a winning season with a 2-1 walk-off win against rival Crystal Lake Central in Monday’s Class 4A CL South regional playoff opener.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen state 800 champMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Jacobs junior Lauren Van Vlierbergen has been eyeing a state title in the 800 meters since the beginning of the season. And on a sun-splashed day at Eastern Illinois University’s O’Brien Stadium she delivered. Van Vlierbergen shot out of the start leaving the field in her wake. She hit the first lap in 61 seconds, cruising to the Class 3A 800 title in an impressive 2:10.14 and becoming the first Jacobs individual to win a girls state track title.
Images: Girls State Track & Field Finals RoundMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Images from the Girls Track & Field Finals Round at O'Brien Field on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston on Saturday, May 24.
Softball: Scouting the Class 3A/4A postseason in the Fox ValleyMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Scouting the Class 3A/4A softball postseason in the Fox Valley.
Baseball: Scouting the Class 3A/4A postseason in the Fox ValleyMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
Scouting the Class 3A and 4A baseball postseason in the Fox Valley.
Jacobs, South Elgin’s Norasith excel at sectionalMay 24, 2014 12:00 AM
It was déjà vu all over again at the Jacobs boys tennis sectional on Saturday. The Golden Eagles won their second straight sectional team title while South Elgin senior Andre Norasith repeated as the individual champion. Both won at the Elgin sectional a year ago.
Images: Girls State Track & Field Preliminary RoundMay 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Images from the Girls Track & Field Preliminary Round at O'Brien Field on the campus of Eastern Illinois University in Charleston on Friday, May 23.
Bright finishes for Brey; Grayslake C. takes team titleMay 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Somehow after running 3 miles, and doing so fast enough to qualify for the boys track and field state meet, St. Viator senior Nick Brey still had enough energy to jump in the air and chest-bump his teammates. “For some reason, after any race I have the energy somewhere to do that,” the Marquette-bound Brey said. “It started at conference last week with one of our sophomores, but I just wanted to keep it up.” Brey came up with a pair of second-place finishes at the Class 2A Grayslake Central sectional Friday night, but both were under the state cut and qualified Brey for a pair of events at state for the first time. His 4:28.96 in the 1,600 broke the school record set by Tim Phillips in 1979. Brey’s 9:33.07 clocking was not quite a school mark, but was plenty good for a state-qualifying berth.
Jacobs’ Van Vlierbergen, Cary-Grove’s Schulz in top formMay 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Jacobs junior Lauren Van Vlierbergen and Cary-Grove junior Morgan Schulz made the most of their opportunities at the Class 3A girls track preliminaries on Friday. On a pleasant spring afternoon at Eastern Illinois University’s O’Brien Stadium, Schulz flashed her speed by qualifying in both the 800 meters and 300 low hurdles. And Van Vlierbergen cruised to qualifying marks in both the 800 and 1,600.
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Friday, May 23May 23, 2014 12:00 AM
Waubonsie Valley 1, South Elgin 0: The Storm (17-13, 10-9) saw their six-game winning streak come to an end in this Upstate Eight Valley contest. Sam Helton was 3-for-3 for South Elgin and Taylor Rees had a double, Paige Allen suffered the loss in the circle, allowing just 6 hits.
Softball: Fox Valley roundup Thursday, May 22May 22, 2014 12:00 AM
Fresh off its first conference championship in 33 years, the Hampshire softball team added another notch to its belt Thursday, beating Jacobs 6-2 in a Fox Valley Conference crossover, marking Hampshire’s first 20-win season since 2003.
- Exploring Carmelo Anthony's waiting game
- American's Paris kitchen becomes way of life
- Wauconda Dominick's site primed for new tenant
- Life sentence stands in Nellessen slaying
- Prison for Antioch man convicted of 4th DUI
- Mount Prospect settles with Ye Olde Town Inn owner
- Visitor trapped in Cook County jail for about 30 hours
- Kane County 4-H pet show features variety of animals
- Delle Donne shares her struggles with Lyme disease
- Inverness more than doubles its road budget
- Arlington Hts. woman ID'd as boating accident victim
- Bulls reportedly still in play for Anthony
- Elburn native finds fame with Mahone, Bieber
- Man shot in Round Lake Heights
- Arlington Heights OKs redevelopment despite opposition
- Why we don't see lightning bugs in the suburbs
- Mt. Prospect man who killed 4 in 1999 DUI admits to another
- Petting zoo: Yelp review by St. Charles woman was libelous
- Just like that, Cubs have No. 1 system in MLB
- Mount Prospect settles with Ye Olde Town Inn owner
- Motorcyclist killed in Libertyville crash
- Wisdom of Bob Mariano draws a big crowd
- Barrington High's entrepreneurship program spreads
- Is Cubs' plan really that hard to understand?
- Addison bicyclist struck by truck in Glendale Heights
- Officer: Woman 'unresponsive' when he found her with man
- Disconnect between athletes, real world gets stronger
- Investigation clears Carpentersville official of discrimation claims
- Editorial: Be careful about redesigning TIFs
- Mt. Prospect man who killed 4 in 1999 DUI admits to another
- CLEANING - CLEANING Earn $11-13/hr. Daytime hours M-F. Weekly pay. Car necessary. Call Merry Maids, 847-352-1051. (id:4379109) CUSTOMER SERVICE REP - Customer Service Rep Medium sized, metals processor and distributor in W. suburbs seeks exp'd CSR. -enter day to day transactions; orders, production, shipping -maintain sufficient inventory levels by customer -follow production orders through order fulfillment -direct & monitor the load cycle -work independently & detail oriented -problem solver & computer literate Email email@example.com (id:4379360) MACHINIST - CNC OPERATOR - CNC setup/operator lathes and mills, high precision CNC manufacturing facility in Elk Grove Village has openings for CNC setup people and CNC machine operators for lathes and mills. Must be familiar with fanuc and mazatrol controls. Openings on 1st and 2nd shifts. Benefits include medical and 401k. Call 847-981-9800. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4376815)
- SOCIAL SERVICES - Become a foster parent with a premier child welfare agency. Excellent compensation, not licensed yet? -no problem. Location is Cook, Lake & McHenry counties in Illinois. Call Donna Barton at 773-419-7088. (id:4377607) RECEPTIONIST - Community Connections Center -Intake Coordinator/ Receptionist (Part-time) The Village of Mount Prospect, Illinois, population 54,000 is located 22 miles from downtown Chicago and five miles north of O'Hare International Airport. The Human Services Department is seeking a qualified individual for the part-time Intake Coordinator/Receptionist position at the Community Connections Center. The Intake Coordinator/Receptionist provides administrative support to the Community Connections Center Coordinator, the Mount Prospect Public Library South Branch and partner agencies. Support consists of, but is not limited to, general office duties, assisting visitors to the center with inquires, providing information and referrals, scheduling appointments, conducting intake and entering data. Qualified candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish, have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be able to work flexible hours. An Associate's or Bachelor's degree in the Human Services field is preferred. The position offers an average of 20-25 hours per week depending on operational needs of the center, participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) and part-time paid vacation benefits after one (1) year of employment. Starting rate is $16.00 -$19.00 per hour depending on qualifications. Send resume and cover letter to Julie Kane, Human Services Director, Village of Mount Prospect, 50 S. Emerson St, Mount Prospect, IL 60056, Fax: (847) 818-5321, Email: email@example.com. Application forms are available for download at www.mountprospect.org. EOE (id:4378619) DRIVERS - JOB FAIR The world's largest school bus company NOW HIRING: EXPERIENCED AND NON EXPERIENCED DRIVERS Paid training Paid holidays No experience necessary APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED DAILY 1500 Wright Blvd. Schaumburg, IL OPEN HOUSE Thursday July 10th 11am -2pm For more information call: (847)-352-7900 (id:4379149)
- JOB FAIR - CAREER FAIR! ON THE SPOT INTERVIEWS! Class A CDL Drivers $500 SIGN ON BONUS / $18-21 per hour! Excellent Benefits: 401k & ESOP Ferrellgas, a nationwide lead-leader in the propane industry, and Blue Rhino, the Nation's largest propane tank exchange company, are looking for FT and PT Class A Drivers in Mel- rose Park, Eola, Channahon, and Carol Stream. Requirements: Must to be able to lift up to 75 lbs High School Diploma or equivalent At least 1 year driving exp. Class A CDL license with air brake, hazmat, and tanker endorsements Clean driving record Join us at our CAREER FAIR on July 16 from 10:00-1:00 and 4:00-6:00 for on the spot interviews: Hyatt Place 27576 Maecliff Drive Warrenville, IL 60555 Apply online at: www.ferrellgas.com (id:4379130) MANUFACTURING - Manfacturing Hiring 1st and 2nd Shift Assemblers, Brake Press Operators, Painters and Spot Welders. Stack-On Products Co. 1360 Old Rand Road Wauconda IL 60084 (id:4378562) MANUFACTURING - Manfacturing Hiring 1st and 2nd Shift Assemblers, Brake Press Operators, Painters and Spot Welders. Stack-On Products Co. 1360 Old Rand Road Wauconda IL 60084 (id:4378560)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.