Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Hainesville
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
Tivoli Theatre Presents FREE Showing of “Casper” October 25 Oct 13, 2014 4:57 PM
The Tivoli Theatre will celebrate Halloween with a FREE showing of “Casper” as part of Baird and Warner’s 22nd Annual Halloween Happening. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 11 AM at the Tivoli Theatre, 5021 Highland Avenue in downtown Downers Grove. Wear your Halloween costume and participate in the costume contest. Registration begins at 9 AM followed by judging at 9:30 AM. The movie starts at 11 AM. “Casper” (PG/100 min) is a 1995 comedy fantasy film starring Christina Ricci, Bill Pullman, Cathy, Moriarty, Eric Idle and Amy Brenneman based on the Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books and animated cartoons. The movie tells the story of a greedy heiress who inherits the haunted Whipstaff Manor and discovers that the house contains a treasure guarded by three nasty ghosts. Ghost therapist, Dr. James Harvey, and his daughter Kat, move into the mansion to get rid of the supernatural creatures. Kat makes friends with a ghost named Casper, the nephew of the three nasty ghosts.
CLC Foundation gala generates over $120,000 for student scholarships Oct 23, 2014 1:01 PM
More than 250 friends of the College of Lake County Foundation generated more than $120,000 for student scholarships on Sept. 27 at the Black and White Ball: Toast of the Town, held at the historic Palmer House in downtown Chicago.
Presentation on Veterans in Recovery is Oct. 29 in Gurnee Oct 14, 2014 12:40 PM
Presentation on Veterans in Recovery, Oct. 29
Oct. 24: Man Up Male Success Conference at CLC Oct 9, 2014 10:50 AM
Oct. 24: Man Up Male Success Conference at CLC
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st! Oct 9, 2014 10:47 AM
Leave The Cooking To Clearbrook on October 21st!
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day Oct 9, 2014 10:45 AM
Lake County 4-H Presents its 2nd Annual National 4-H Science Day
CLC Environmental Health and Safety program to hold info sessions Oct 9, 2014 10:04 AM
CLC Environmental Health and Safety program to hold info sessions
‘Oculus’ Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22 Oct 9, 2014 9:58 AM
“Oculus” Filmmaker Comes to Cutting Hall on October 22
Oct. 16: Engineering Night at College of Lake County Oct 13, 2014 3:35 PM
Oct. 16: Engineering Night at College of Lake County
Round Lake Beach man selected as Round Lake Area Exchange Club’s October Hometown Hero Oct 14, 2014 7:41 AM
The Round Lake Area Exchange Club has announced that U.S. Army PFC Alexander Murayama, a 21-year resident of Round Lake Beach, is the group’s October Hometown Hero.
CLC Music Department announces fall concert lineup Oct 9, 2014 11:56 AM
Seven concerts, featuring a huge variety of choral and instrumental music, will be presented by the College of Lake County Music department during fall semester.
Round Lake High School’s Health and Wellness Center Opens Oct 7, 2014 7:41 AM
Round Lake High School’s Health and Wellness Center will officially open on Tuesday, October 7. This school-based health center, at 800 N. High School Drive in Round Lake, is Lake County’s first, and is one of 65 in Illinois. Made possible through a partnership among the Lake County Health Department/Community Health Center, Round Lake Area School District 116, Healthcare Foundation of Northern Lake County, Nicasa Behavioral Health Services, Advocate Condell Medical Center, Mano a Mano Family Resource Center, Rosalind Franklin University Health System, and Vista Health System, the Center’s goal is to improve the physical and emotional health of students attending the high school and to teach them life-long, positive health behaviors by providing quality, comprehensive primary healthcare.
See slam poetry champions perform at CLC Oct 7, 2014 12:18 PM
A performance by nationally known slam poets Ken Arkind and Marty McConnell will be presented at 7 p.m. Oct. 9 in Room C005 (C Wing Auditorium) at the College of Lake County Grayslake campus.
Celebrating Books and You! Oct 13, 2014 3:28 PM
To celebrate our one year anniversary operating out of The Book Bridge Volunteer Center, we’re inviting students, including scout troops and service clubs, to our free Celebrating Books and You! event at State Bank of the Lakes, 50 Commerce Drive, Grayslake. We want to celebrate with those who help bridge the gap between books and others who need them. Register by phone or email before Sept. 30th to receive extra raffle tickets for amazing prizes!
EIU to hold open house at University Center of Lake County Oct. 21 Oct 13, 2014 3:30 PM
Are you interested in earning a degree with the convenience of evening, weekend, or online classes? Join us for an open house at the University Center of Lake County in Room 211A Tuesday, Oct. 21 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. to learn about the Eastern Illinois University Bachelor of Arts in General Studies degree program.
CCU celebrates International Credit Union Day Oct. 16 Oct 13, 2014 3:30 PM
All six Consumers Credit Union offices will join in a celebration with credit unions worldwide to commemorate International Credit Union Day on Oct. 16. Officers, directors, managers and staff of Consumers Credit Union will be on hand to greet members and the general public. Those who visit a CCU office location on this day can enjoy a cup of coffee and a doughnut or cookie, a free gift and learn some interesting information about International Credit Union Day!
Fall Concert at Woodlands Academy Oct. 20 Oct 6, 2014 7:20 AM
The Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart Music Department presents its Cabaret fall concert at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 20. This annual event, held in the cafeteria at the school, 760 E. Westleigh Road in Lake Forest, is open to the public free of charge as a means of introducing this year’s musical groups and student talent.
Illinois Railway Museum to restore classic Streamliner Oct 3, 2014 7:11 PM
The Illinois Railway Museum in Union has begun a restoration project planned to return the famous streamlined Electroliner to operational condition in 2017. The museum's Electroliner received an external restoration when it returned to Illinois in the 1980s, but problems with the train's eight electric motors prevented the streamliner from returning to operation. Work is now under way to return the luxury streamliner to operable condition within the next three years. In addition to work on the motors, work is needed on the wheels, trucks, air brakes and air conditioning before it can be operated.
- State officials: No more 'failing' schools this year
- wDuPage scores show 'math finally makes sense'
- Trick-or-treating hours in the suburbs
- Chico praised for role in Waukegan teachers deal
- Bomb threat cancels activities at Neuqua Valley, school open Friday
- Bulls' Butler not worried about his next deal
- DuPage drug cops 'making a difference' in heroin fight
- No more excuses
- Lake County to announce street gang arrests today
- Prisoner who helped free death row inmate is freed himself
- Football: Week 9 MVPs
- Football Focus: Week 10 Preview
- Discipline will be key to Huntley's playoff chances
- Plenty of intrigue surrounds opening round of football playoffs
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets Riverside-Brookfield again
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Scouting this weekend's DuPage County playoff football games
- Tough playoff tests loom for MSL teams, St. Viator
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3pm-11pm shift & Weekend Only Program and PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4389403) MEDICAL BILLER - MEDICAL BILLER, PT, exp. required for Mt. Prospect orthopedic office. Resume to email@example.com Call Kim 847-699-6810 (id:4389892) ARCHITECT SYSTEM - Solution Architect Grant Thornton LLP is seeking a Solution Architect in Chicago, IL with the following requirements: BS in CS, CIS, MIS, Management or a related field and 5 years prior experience. Prior exp. must include: design, develop and implement all parts of an Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) application (EPMA or classic): metadata, lists, rules, security, webforms and reports; develop Excel tools with Smartview and VBA to meet client needs on HFM; design and create dynamic reports with Financial Reporting Studio; implement, maintain and update HFM related tools including FDM, DRM and EPMA. 100% travel required. Must live near a major airport. Please apply at www.gt.com by clicking on the Careers link. (id:4389494)
- FOOD SERVICE - Food Service Aramark Grayslake H.S. Kitchen Help Wanted EOE, M/F/Disability/Vet Donna 847-986-3360 (id:4389660) JOB FAIR - Love food? Have a knack for connecting with people? Mariano's is interested in you! Job Fair Mariano's -Arlington Heights 802 East Northwest Highway Arlington Heights, IL 60004 Saturday, November 1st 9am to 4pm NOW HIRING FULL AND PART TIME FOR OUR ARLINGTON HEIGHTS STORE Bakery Team Member Cake Decorator Cashier Deli Team Member Food Demonstrator Food Service Team Member Grocery Team Member - All Shifts Meat-Seafood Team Member Salad Bar Team Member Sushi Chef We passionately believe our philosophy-Shop Well. Eat Well. Live Well-means nothing unless we hire well and treat our people well. If you are unable to attend on the above date, please apply on-line at: www. marianos.com or stop in and use our in-store employment kiosk Equal Opportunity Employer (id:4389358) EXPERIENCED DRIVER - Elgin metal company is hiring experienced CDL Class A tractor trailer drivers. Local and regional work around Chicago and an 800 mile radius. $21-hr. Call: 847-214-2800 for address to submit job application. (id:4389901)
- EDUCATION - Education TEACH YOUR PASSION Spring Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Spring 2015 Adjunct Faculty positions: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu Credit Classes: Astronomy Chemistry Engineering General Biology Hospitality Mgmt Human Anatomy Clinical: Clinical Supervisor -Certified Nursing Assistant Program Clinical Supervisor -Medical Office Administration Program Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Practical Nursing, Maternity/Pediatrics Clinical Supervisor -Nursing Clinical Supervisor -Nursing, Pediatric/Maternity/ Mental Health Human Physiology Phlebotomy Physical Science (includes Meteorology) Physics Spanish Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply (id:4389089) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) CELLULAR SOFTWARE SIGNALING ENGINEER - Engineer -LitePoint Corporation, a Teradyne company, looks for Cellular Software Signaling Engineer in Arlington Heights, IL, to develop signaling stacks. Visit www.litepoint.com for details. Reply with Req. ID to 965 W. Maude Ave. Sunnyvale, CA 94085. (id:4388961)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.