Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Gurnee
Images: The Week in Pictures Oct 20, 2014 2:04 PM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features Daily Herald staff photos of autumn colors, charity walkers, and zombies, representing about 20 different area communities.
Lego fans hit the bricks in Gurnee Oct 19, 2014 4:31 PM
Lego fanatics were busy hitting the bricks Sunday at the food court in Gurnee Mills. They were taking part in Lego Creation Nation, a three-day event that also commemorated the first anniversary of the Lego store at the Gurnee mall.
Book notes: Mario Batali intros new book at Tivoli Theatre Oct 18, 2014 6:45 AM
Chef, restaurateur, TV personality and author Mario Batali introduces his new book, “America Farm to Table,” co-authored by Jim Webster, at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, at the Tivoli Theatre in Downers Grove.
CLC volunteers to participate in Make A Difference Day Oct 17, 2014 12:39 PM
About 200 volunteers from the College of Lake County, along with volunteers from United Way of Lake County, will join millions of volunteers nationwide for service projects on Saturday, Oct. 25, Make A Difference Day, “The National Day of Doing Good.”
CLC, UW-Parkside team up to expand transfer options Oct 16, 2014 12:08 PM
The College of Lake County and the University of Wisconsin-Parkside approved an agreement on Sept. 25 expanding educational options for students in the college’s business career programs.
Voter registration period extended: Oct 16, 2014 4:33 PM
Grace period voter registration has been extended to 7 p.m. on Election Day for those not currently registered to vote in the Nov. 4 general election.
Epic Center Hosts Senior Gathering Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM
Two months after its grand opening on Aug 1st, Epic Healthy Living Education Center hosted several senior gatherings and other educational, entertaining events for the northern suburb communities.
CCU Hosts Free Workshop on Higher Education Opportunities Oct 16, 2014 3:52 PM
The cost of education can be an immense challenge for some families. When considering the cost of a college education seems to increase with each passing day, it’s good to know that there are more affordable and convenient options for those seeking to earn a graduate degree or professional certificate. Keeping that in mind, Consumers Credit union (CCU; $617 Million, Waukegan, IL) is hosting a no-cost educational workshop, “Higher Education at the University Center of Lake County.”
Free Health Screenings and Family Activities at Wellness Night in Highland Park Oct 16, 2014 3:58 PM
Free health screenings and family fun fitness activities are planned Friday, November 7, for adults and children during the Family Fun and Wellness Night in Highland Park.
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook Oct 16, 2014 7:14 AM
Our HOMe Improvement Donates Carpeting to Clearbrook
Forgotten Chicagoans rediscovered; 8,000 names identified in Chicago cemetery records Oct 15, 2014 6:22 PM
The names of more than 8,000 people who may have died penniless or without family in the long forgotten Cook County Cemetery have been rediscovered and are now available free to the public. The Cook County Cemetery was located at what is now the intersection of Irving Park Road and Narragansett Avenue on Chicago’s Northwest Side between 1861-1922.
Olympic gold medalist Shannon Miller addresses women’s health fair dinner Oct 14, 2014 7:42 AM
Former Olympic gold medal gymnast Shannon Miller spoke to nearly 300 women at the Vista Health System dinner about the dedication and effort it took to compete in gymnastics at the Olympic level.
“Run, Walk & Roll” Oct. 26 to benefit Marklund Oct 14, 2014 5:14 PM
Get ready to "Run, Walk & Roll" for Marklund! Registration is still being accepted for Marklund’s second annual 5K/1 mile event which is set for Sunday, Oct. 26 in Geneva. “Last year, nearly 600 people participated in our inaugural event and helped us net $30,000 for programs and services for our clients so we're looking forward to growing that number this year!,” said Stephanie Heinz, Development Coordinator at Marklund.
California man charged in threats to Lake County courthouse, Gurnee police Oct 14, 2014 5:24 PM
A California man is held on $2 million bail on accusations he said in a phone call he wanted to “light up” Gurnee police headquarters and the Lake County courthouse, authorities said Tuesday.
Jasmine Guy to star in ‘Raisin’ Cane’ at CLC Oct 13, 2014 4:23 PM
“Raisin’ Cane: A Harlem Renaissance Odyssey,” starring Jasmine Guy and the Avery Sharpe Trio, will be performed at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 18 at the College of Lake County.
Modern Day “Amelia Earhart” to Visit PM Prime in Highwood Oct 13, 2014 3:39 PM
PM Prime in Highwood will be open this Sunday, October 12 to accommodate special guest Amelia Earhart, who recently completed an around-the-world flight in honor of her namesake’s 1937 attempt. Amelia Rose Earhart is the youngest female to circumnavigate the globe in a single-engine airplane, completing her mission on July 11, 2014. Dinner reservations at the aviation themed steakhouse will be accepted between 5 and 7 p.m. on that evening. Diners will have an opportunity to meet the inspiring aviatrix. Guests will be accommodated by reservation only. Seating is very limited. Steve Platcow of Lake Forest opened the PM Prime in July of this year. Executive Chef Dominic Zumpano has been dazzling area restaurant critics with his innovative interpretations on classic steakhouse fare. Robert B. Bansberg, award-winning sommelier and wine educator, shares his wealth of knowledge and expertise as the restaurant’s General Manager/Sommelier. PM Prime’s dining room boasts an unprecedented collection of 200 black and white photographs that celebrate excellence in aviation. The restaurant presents a rare opportunity to see a truly amazing collection of vintage images that honor the pioneers of flight - all under one roof. From the Wright Brothers, to Amelia Earhart, the Tuskegee Airmen and Jimmy Doolittle - the collection showcases the fearless and the brave. The heroes represented in the photographs pushed the boundaries of what was possible and demonstrated the power of the human spirit. These stunning historic images motivate the team at PM Prime to strive for excellence and the ultimate goal is encourage the patrons to pursue excellence in their lives as well. This engaging display will leave guests feeling nothing less than inspired. PM Prime’s menu includes popular steakhouse favorites such as the filet mignon and New York strip, but it also has some more unusual cuts such as the wagyu hanger steak. PM Prime features the highest quality cuts of prime beef available. Diners will find interesting selections such as osso buco with saffron risotto or Halibut with spaetzle and roasted beets. PM Prime is located at 310 Green Bay Road, Highwood. Call 847-433-0600 or visit www.pmprimesteak.com for more information.
Illinois Tollway’s expanded Construction Business Development Center to include CLC center Oct 13, 2014 3:57 PM
The Workforce and Professional Development Institute of the College of Lake County was recently named the fourth location in Northern Illinois to provide services to small businesses in the construction industry, including minority- and women-owned firms bidding on Illinois Tollway projects.
Oct. 29: CLC instructors to present library program on Ricardo Montalbán Oct 13, 2014 3:57 PM
Film and television fans remember actor Ricardo Montalbán for his many roles: dancing and singing in MGM movies of the 1940s and 1950s, as Khan in “Star Trek,” as Mr. Roarke in “Fantasy Island” and as Grandpa Avellan in the “Spy Kids” movies.
York Theatre Presents FREE Screening of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” Oct 13, 2014 5:02 PM
Come dressed in your Halloween costume for a FREE showing of “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” at the York Theatre. The film will be shown on Saturday, October 25th at 9:30 AM at the York Theatre, located at 150 North York Street in downtown Elmhurst. The 24th annual event is sponsored by the Elmhurst City Centre’s BOOtiful Saturday. After the film, children are encouraged to enjoy trick-or-treating at participating stores from 11 AM to 1 PM. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman” (PG/92 min) is a comedy, science fiction film featuring the characters from the 1960s animated television series “The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show,” who must fix a time rift they created. Mr. Peabody, the most accomplished dog in the world, and his mischievous boy Sherman, use their time machine—the WABAC—to go on the most outrageous adventures known to man or dog. But when Sherman takes the WABAC out for a joyride to impress his friend Penny, they accidentally rip a hole in the universe, wreaking havoc on the most important events in world history. Before they forever alter the past, present and future, Mr. Peabody must come to their rescue, ultimately facing the most daunting challenge of any era: figuring out how to be a parent. Together, the time traveling trio will make their mark on history.
Paramount Theatre to Present “A Hard Day’s Night” October 15 Oct 13, 2014 4:56 PM
A special showing of a “A Hard Day’s Night” will be presented at the Paramount Theatre, 213 North Schuyler Avenue, Kankakee, on Wednesday, October 15 at 7 PM. Tickets are $5 per person and available at the Paramount Theatre box office or online www.classiccinemas.com. The event is sponsored by WVLI 92.7, WFAV 95.1, WIVR 101.7 and WYUR 103.7. WVLI morning personality Bob Malkowski will emcee the event. A digitally restored version of the classic Beatles comedy musical was released this year to commemorate the film’s 50th anniversary. “A Hard Day’s Night” (G/87 min.) portrays a couple of days in the lives of the band. The film is considered to be one of the best and most influential musical films of all time. Richard Lester’s boldly contemporary rock n’ roll comedy unleashes the fledgling Beatles into a maelstrom of screaming fans, paranoid producers, rabid press and troublesome family members, and reveals the secret of their survival and success: an insatiable lust for mischief and a life-affirming addiction to joy.
- Consider a dose of caffeine before you 'Go to Sleep'
- Family, friends stunned by death of Libertyville grad
- Rozner: Cubs' pursuit of Maddon strictly business
- Village is violating state law, attorney general says
- Waukegan school district, teachers reach tentative deal
- Walmart vs. the $1.2 million RV in Glen Ellyn
- Yunker's goal sends Batavia past Benet
- Elgin man charged with murder
- Wanna win Powerball? Try these numbers
- Family and friends remember Elk Grove Village Marine
- Football playoffs: Who's up, who's out, proposed changes
- Man facing rape charges dead in apparent suicide
- Updated: IHSA to look at sweeping changes to football system
- Football playoffs: First round pairings/game days and times
- Like it or not, Glenbard South gets R-B again
- Des Plaines complex could have 11 tall towers
- Brainerd Building demolition could start Monday
- Suburban police no longer feel 'helpless' against heroin
- Editorial: Carpentersville's unconscionable refusal to explain
- Townhouses could displace Des Plaines church
- NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Nursing NURSING CLINICAL INSTRUCTORS, ADJUNCT: SPRING 2015 MORTON COLLEGE has the distinction of being the second oldest comprehensive community college in Illinois. Our pioneering spirit helped establish the learning community and continues today as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We currently are seeking: Adjunct Faculty for Associate Degree Nursing Program: SPRING 2015 SEMESTER Current opportunities exist for: Clinical Instructors: Pediatrics & Mental Health Clinical Rotations Requirements include: Master's degree in Nursing; current Illinois RN licensure; 2 years clinical experience in a variety of settings. Morton College's Mission: To enhance the quality of life of our diverse community through exemplary teaching and learning opportunities, community service, and life-long learning. For more information and to apply for this position, go to: careers.morton.edu MORTON COLLEGE (id:4389470) CAREGIVER/CNA - Flexible hours and positions. Assisitng Hands 630-305-9100 (id:4388613) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4389252)
- OFFICE - Amvets seeks person for flex-ible hrs in N & NW suburbs Call from home. Call Diane at 815-609-1852 between 9a-noon for more information (id:4389737) NURSING INSTRUCTORS - Education MORTON COLLEGE, seeks ADJUNCT NURSING ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS, for Spring 2015. For more info., see our ad under "Nursing" EOE (id:4389469) AUTO SALES - Auto AUTO SALES -HIRING FAIR - Start Your New Career...No Experience Needed...We Will Train You the Right Way to Sell Cars! The BOB ROHRMAN AUTO GROUP is not only the Midwest's #1 volume family-owned auto group, we're also an industry leader in ethical sales. We're looking for 10 to 20 good men & women to join our staff of sales professionals. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a positive, family-oriented dealership that does things the RIGHT WAY! As a result of continued rapid growth, The Bob Rohrman Auto Group is currently hiring multiple sales consultants at multiple locations. If you are selected WE OFFER: FREE 3-day training class at Rohrman University $50,000 -$75,000+ annual earning potential! Full benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Etc. Career advancement op- portunities to management Excellent floor traffic, in- ventory & a great reputa- tion in the community! We require of our sale team: Professional appearance with good communication skills. If you are bilingual that is a real advantage. Must have integrity, with a positive attitude & a strong work ethic Willing to learn & be recep- tive to new ideas You must be a team player We are a drug-free, equal opportunity employer Valid drivers license Interviews: Tuesday, October 28 - 3pm to 7pm Interviews held at: -ARLINGTON NISSAN 1100 West Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL -Just east of Route 53 on Dundee Road. No appointment necessary but if you need to schedule a specific time contact: JR Rohrman firstname.lastname@example.org -1-269-591-2223 -Please dress professionally for your interview (id:4389512)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.