Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Grayslake
Open house on Peterson Road work:Apr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
The Lake County Division of Transportation hosts an open house from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 8, at the Lake County Fairgrounds, 1060 E. Peterson Road, to share information on the planned widening of Peterson Road from Route 45 in Libertyville to west of Route 83 in Grayslake.
CLC’s Student Art Competition exhibit opens April 11Apr 3, 2014 12:00 AM
A variety of artwork by College of Lake County students will be on display April 11 through May 17 at the Robert T. Wright Community Gallery of Art on the Grayslake campus.
Grayslake man named club’s March hometown heroApr 2, 2014 12:00 AM
The Round Lake Area Exchange Club announced that U.S. Army Capt. Kellan Sams of Grayslake is the March hometown hero.
Lake County Housing Authority opens waiting list for Public HousingApr 2, 2014 12:00 AM
The Lake County Housing Authority has opened its waiting list for Public Housing scattered sites for the first time in more than four years.
Health department highlights its 2013 accomplishmentsApr 2, 2014 12:00 AM
National Public Health Week, April 7 to 13, is a time to recognize the contributions of public health. Since 1995, communities across the nation have participated in this observance that is sponsored by the American Public Health Association.
Oak Brook Park District Lifeguard Receives National Top HonorMar 31, 2014 12:00 AM
Oak Brook Park District is proud to announce that the agency has not only recently been awarded the prestigious Gold International Aquatic Safety Award by international risk management company Jeff Ellis & Associates, Inc., but it’s very own lifeguard, Darius Melton, 23, has been recognized as one of the top lifeguards in the nation.
Lourdes H S Class of 1959Mar 31, 2014 12:00 AM
High School Reunion
Business Organization Hosts 75th Annual MeetingMar 27, 2014 12:00 AM
15 of the nation’s top dry cleaners convene for annual idea exchange
CCU hosts free workshop: ‘The Psychology of Spending’Mar 27, 2014 12:00 AM
Public is invited to a free seminar centered around understanding the spending process.
Route 21/137 work to resume:Mar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Weather permitting, construction activities are scheduled to resume on the Route 21/137 project in the Libertyville area on April 15.
Last Chance to Enroll in Marketplace Health PlansMar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
Lake Among ‘Healthier Counties’ in Illinois According to County Health Rankings ReportMar 26, 2014 12:00 AM
A public health report card that grades the health of America’s counties has ranked Lake County among the healthier counties in Illinois. The report card, developed by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in collaboration with the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute, ranked Lake County thirteenth out of 102 counties in Illinois.
CLC offers information sessions on business fieldsMar 25, 2014 12:00 AM
Information sessions on how to prepare for a variety of business careers will be offered by the College of Lake County this spring and summer.
Contest winners revitalize homes with room makeoversMar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
The Room for Living contest winners enjoy new furniture, new lighting, new flooring and a fresh coat of paint.
Images: The Week in PicturesMar 24, 2014 12:00 AM
This edition of The Week in Pictures features several school events, including science project judging, dodgeball and pie throwing for reading.
Illinois an ‘island’ of economic failureMar 23, 2014 12:00 AM
A letter to the editor: Illinois while geographically firmly planted in the middle of the country is actually an island in the middle of the Sea of Economic Woes.
Moving Picture: Elgin native collects native seedsMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Kelly Schultz, much like the seeds she works with in Lake County Forest Preserves, started small. Her interest in environmental studies led her to small jobs in other suburban forest preserve districts, but now the Washington University grad runs the native seed nursery at the Rollins Savana Forest Preserve. The beauty is in the details for Schultz. "Understanding what it takes to grow the plant; how do the seeds germinate? What can we do to make them happier and healthier?”
Heroin task force meets:Mar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
A public hearing of the Youth Heroin Use Task Force will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital, Pavilion B, 1475 E. Belvidere Road (Route 120) Grayslake.
Images: Photo Contest FinalistsMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
Each week you submit your favorite photo. We pick the best of the bunch and select 12 finalists. Here are the finalists for the week of March 17.
Lake County Health Department offers low-cost pet vaccinationsMar 21, 2014 12:00 AM
- Mom upset over candy, movies at daughter's school
- Coldwater Creek stores to close
- Arlington Heights man sentenced for 6th DUI
- Huntley could become distribution hub for Weber grills
- Rentals, mixed-use projects revive suburban sites
- Chapa LaVia apologizes over racial comments
- Classmate of murder suspect wants to end confusion about names
- Dawn Patrol: 6 years for 6th DUI; good, bad news for Schaumburg dogs
- Help and tears follow story on veterinarian
- No Wing pool, new farm animals in Elgin this summer
- EDUCATION - Education Harper College Summer Adjunct Faculty Openings Come share your knowledge and experiences with our students! Located in Palatine, Illinois, Harper College enrolls over 20,000 students of all ages, is committed to diversity and multiculturalism and is dedicated to creating a vibrant learning environment which embodies our institutional core values of integrity, respect, excellence and collaboration. We are seeking applications for the following Summer 2014 Adjunct Faculty positions: Credit Classes: View job descriptions and complete our required online application at: https://jobs.harpercollege.edu harpercollege.edu Harper College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Exploring Learning Illuminating Academic ESL Adult Education/Literacy ESL Astronomy Certified Nursing Assistant Chemistry Engineering General Biology German Human Anatomy Human Physiology Mathematics Philosophy Physical Science Physics Spanish (id:4369579) DRIVER - Driver Driver/Concierge -PT Transport residents to appoint- ments and events, maintain a vehicle log, relieve Concierge for break when applicable, and assist with resident activities. Please provide a DMV printout of your driving record when interviewed. Reqs: Valid IL Class C Driver's License, 2 yrs exp. Fax, apply in person or apply online at belmontvillagejobs.com Belmont Village of Buffalo Grove 500 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 fax: 847-537-5308 EOE (id:4369919) HVAC SERVICE TECH - F-T HVAC tech. 5+ yrs exp. Must have valid dr lic and clean dr record. Oncall rotation req, local tech pref. great benefits. Ibbotson Htg. 847-253-0866 (id:4369828)
- DRIVER - Drivers National DCP is the exclusive sourcing and distribution provider for Dunkin' Donuts Brand, and is seeking experienced CDL A Route Drivers $2,500 SIGNING BONUS after 90 days of employment! National DCP offers great benefits, straight pay and the potential to earn up to $80,000 annually! Saturday, April 12th 8:00am-1:00pm Apply in person at: Hilton Garden Inn -Chicago/Tinley Park 18335 LaGrange Road Tinley Park, IL 60487 Location is off of I-80: Exit 145 LaGrange Road Applicants unable to attend may email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Required Experience/Qualifications: -Minimum of 2 years' driving experience -Clean driving record -Current medical certification -Ability to lift up to 50 pounds -Must clear all required DOT pre-employment screening (id:4370457) MERCHANDISER - Hiring P-T Merchandisers and Team Leads Shifts available: M-Th 6am-2:30pm and Sun-Wed 9:30pm-6am. Apply at www.fprs.com (id:4368898) SHIPPING AND RECEIVING - Shipping/Receiving Need exp. asst in shipping & receiving to work and oversee outgoing shipments e-mail email@example.com (id:4370032)
- SR. FINANCIAL ANALYST - Financial Sr. Financial Analyst -Charge Master Full-time, Days This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business; Master's degree preferred. Requires a minimum five to seven years of health care experience and knowledgeable of the healthcare industry, reimbursement programs, hospital coding, provider billing, and revenue analysis. Apply online at: www.rockfordhealthsystem.org EOE (id:4369976) AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN - AUTO BODY TECHNICIAN Immediate opening for an experienced body tech. Frame exp-I-CAR a plus. Other positions available. firstname.lastname@example.org. 847-823-9805 (id:4370494) BOOKKEEPER WANTED - Bookkeeper Wanted!! Position within insurance related business. Must be proficient with Quickbooks. email: email@example.com (id:4369428)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.