Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Grafton Township
‘Finders keepers’ for Grafton Twp. food pantry? Jan 27, 2013 8:00 AM
A Huntley neighborhood leader accuses Grafton Township Supervisor Linda Moore of playing a cruel version of "finders keepers," when it comes to more than $1,000 that was mistakenly donated to the township food pantry. But Moore says she needs written documentation before she can make a refund.
Enjoy international competition at Norge Ski Club Jan 17, 2013 10:26 AM
If you want to watch U.S. ski jumpers compete against international jumping teams on a 70-meter hill, then mark your calendars for the upcoming 108th annual Norge International Ski Jumping Tournament in Fox River Grove. The tournament will be on Saturday, Jan. 26, and Sunday, Jan. 27, at the Norge Ski Club, north of routes 14 and 22 in Fox River Grove.
Autumn Drive showcases McHenry County farms, vendors Oct 17, 2012 2:47 PM
A drive in the country to see the fall colors can be fun, but what if that drive included stops at farms and galleries for antiquing, crafts, lunch, and local produce? The McHenry County Autumn Drive, now in its 25th year, features more than a dozen stops on and around Garden Valley Road, each with its unique offerings.
Officials in 31 suburban townships get automatic raises Aug 29, 2012 1:58 PM
While most American workers have spent the past four years getting by with stagnating wages, or making even less than in years before, a segment of government employees is doing just fine. Elected officials in 31 suburban townships combined to make $661,387 more this year than they did in 2009. In many cases, they gave themselves the raises -- and they're getting ready to do it again.
Huntley trustee wants to run for township supervisor Aug 28, 2012 3:32 PM
The field of Republican candidates for Grafton Township Supervisor grew to three after Huntley Village Trustee Pam Fender threw her hat in the ring on Tuesday. Current Supervisor Linda Moore and Algonquin attorney Martin Waitzman announced last week their intention to run in the February primary. The general election is in April.
Grafton Township supervisor challenged for 2013 election Aug 24, 2012 3:55 PM
Linda Moore, whose term as Grafton Township sSupervisor has been marred by lawsuits with the township trustees and all manner of bad blood, plans to give it another go. The Huntley Republican said she's is running for re-election to continue her fight to save taxpayers money by opposing a multimillion-dollar township hall. Moore made her intentions known Thursday, a day after Martin Waitzman, an Algonquin attorney, announced he was making a play for her job.
Judge forces Grafton Twp. supervisor to pay bill Apr 20, 2012 5:28 PM
A judge has sided with Grafton Township trustees and ordered Township Supervisor Linda Moore to pay an outstanding bill. But trustees have announced their intent to appeal two other parts of a 2010 court order that deal with who has the authority to hire and fire township employees.
Grafton Twp. Food Pantry running out of food Dec 29, 2011 10:44 AM
The Christmas season may have come and gone, but it has left the Grafton Township Food Pantry practically empty. “The shelves still have a little bit left on them but if we get a busy day, we'd probably be out within a day or two,” said Township Supervisor Linda Moore, who runs the food pantry.
Huntley moves to freeze tax levy Nov 21, 2011 6:08 PM
The Huntley village board has decided to freeze its 2012 property tax levy to mirror the amount authorities asked for last year, citing the economic downturn, its impact on property values, the state’s financial woes and ongoing concerns about home assessment inequities between Grafton and Rutland townships.
Lauzen might make sense of tax snafu Sep 28, 2011 4:00 AM
Letter to the Editor:The assessment process in Rutland Township in Kane County continues to be a joke. The reason is the wrong people in the wrong position, starting with Kane County Board Chairman Karen McConnaughay, who appointed Mark Armstrong supervisor of assessments, to Treasurer David Rickert and last, Janet Siers, the Rutland Township assessor.
Grafton Twp. supervisor drops battle over attorney Sep 25, 2011 2:58 PM
Grafton Township Supervisor Linda Moore has ended her legal fight to compel the rest of the board to hire her pick for township attorney. Moore announced Friday that she would not appeal her case to the Illinois Supreme Court, pointing to a potentially lengthy legal morass that could cost taxpayers thousands of dollars. She will instead continue to nominate other attorneys for the spot.
Grafton Township wins court fight over attorney Aug 12, 2011 8:11 AM
An Illinois appellate court has reversed a lower court's decision that directed the Grafton Township Board to confirm the township supervisor's nominee for attorney. Supervisor Linda Moore's nominee for attorney was voted down 4-1 by the board, but in an injunction, the circuit court of McHenry County compelled the board to approve the nominee.
Why weren’t the assessors there? Jun 26, 2011 7:42 AM
There was a meeting June 18 at Sun City’s Drendal Hall to review the tax discrepancy between Rutland and Grafton townships. The hall was filled to capacity, approximately 300 attendees. In my opinion it was very noticeable that neither assessor — Siers or Ottley — felt it necessary to attend and address the needs of those who pay their salaries.
Our property tax system has run amok Jun 23, 2011 1:00 AM
The overall “assessment” I believe of most people at a Saturday discussion on property tax increases in Sun City Huntley is that this is a system run amok. There are too many taxing bodies, rules and exceptions to rules that create a virtual maze of a tax system.
Sun City gets some answers about tax bills Jun 18, 2011 9:18 PM
Some Sun City property owners in Huntley were disproportionately taxed this year, and Kane County officials hope that a request to recalculate the apportionment of taxes to five taxing bodies that straddle Kane and McHenry counties will result in a more fair calculation in the future.
Which township road chief makes $45,866 to maintain four miles? Jun 1, 2011 5:08 PM
Some township highway commissioners are getting paid substantial salaries despite caring for only a small number of miles of roads.
The Soapbox May 20, 2011 6:35 PM
Daily Herald editors sound off on various topics including teens who excel, expensive brochures announcing roadwork, the property tax system and texting while driving.
Sun City divided over tax bills May 13, 2011 2:14 PM
Discrepancies in the assessed values of homes in the Sun City neighborhood of Huntley have some residents calling for changes to the assessment process. That's because the Del Webb retirement community is divided between two townships in two counties. Half of the community is assessed by Rutland Township in Kane County, while the other half falls under Grafton Township in McHenry County.
Satisfy your sweet tooth at new bakery Apr 18, 2011 8:00 PM
A new bakery opens in West Dundee.
Grafton Twp. to reverse building sale Apr 18, 2011 5:30 PM
Grafton Township residents signed off on a plan to pay back the $700,000 the township received for the township building in three annual payments.
- Police still seek man who threatened Delnor visitor
- Northwest suburban measles case confirmed
- Mundelein teen pleads guilty to sister's fatal stabbing
- Police reports detail abuse before Arlington Hts. husband-wife murder
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Trooper injured in I-88 crash seeks homicide charges against truck driver
- Hampshire pays a fitting tribute to a worthy Goebbert
- School looking for instruments to jump-start a jazz band
- Elgin man dies of injuries from morning crash
- Former Arlington Heights mayor Mulder picked for racing board
- Monday night: Where is the asteroid now?
- Crystal Lake couple, 6 others charged in $600,000 tax scheme
- Big challenge ahead for Bears' Fangio
- Pyke: Lack of plowing leaves cyclists on thin ice
- Dawn Patrol: Former Kane sheriff dies; winds force early end to Norge event
- Which regional roads offer the least pleasant drives?
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Elk Grove man facing trial on sex abuse charges
- Yogurt founder gets 5 years in prison for arson
- Tell the truth on global warming
- COD to vote again on Breuder severance package
- Toxicology results likely next week for Blackhawks staffer Reif
- Be prepared for tax increases
- Elgin boy killed in accident remembered as outgoing
- DuPage County judge remembered as advocate for children
- Bartlett teen collects funds for prosthetic leg
- Mundelein candidate slams branding project
- Deli chain expanding to Naperville
- Why fake-news industry isn't afraid of Facebook changes
- WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) INVENTORY - Inventory Taker PT -NW Chicago, Overnights, No exp. nec. Must be 18+ & Reliable Transportation. RGIS 630-372-6349 www.rgisinv.com (id:4396426) CNA'S - Health Care -CNAs FT for 3p-11p & 11p-7a shift & Weekend Only Program & PT for all weekend shifts. Ask about our new weekend incentive. Compassionate, reliable, & customer service oriented individuals please apply with Karina Negrete, Nursing Scheduler at Lee Manor -1301 Lee St., Des Plaines 847-827-5796 Fax (id:4396628)
- ESTIMATOR \PM - Peter Baker and Son Co -Estimator -PM position open for heavy highway construction projects. See www.peterbaker.com for information. Send resume to email@example.com. EOE M-F-D-V (id:4396553) FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC - The City of Bloomington,IL now scheduling testing for Entry-Level Firefighter-Paramedics! www.cityblm.org EOE (id:4396072) PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471)
- WATER PLANT OPERATOR - WATER PLANT OPERATOR Village of Glencoe seeks Water Plant Operator in PW Dept. Reports to Water Plant Supt., operates, maintains and repairs water treatment facilty equipment. Shift schedule. State of IL Cl C-D operator license desirable. Sal. $56,256. Cover Letter, resume & appl. to 675 Village Ct., Glencoe, IL 60022, Attn: Mgr's Office by 4pm Feb 20, 2015. Appls. Avail at: www.villageofglencoe.org EOE (id:4396185) SENIOR RESEARCHER - USG Corporation is seeking a Senior Researcher in Libertyville, IL with the following requirements: Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate who has successfully completed coursework and dissertation defense requirement in the field of Chemical Engineering or related engineering or science discipline, plus 3 years of related experience including: use StarCCM+ and FLUENT computer programs to perform simulations; conduct research into modeling and simulation of turbulent flow; publish peer-reviewed articles and technical reports and present at conferences; code computational fluid dynamic software and web-based application using C++, MATLAB and FORTRAN. 25% travel required; must reside within normal commuting distance of Libertyville, IL. Please apply online at http:usg.com-careers using job reference number RES10064. (id:4396631) RECEPTIONIST - Medical Office in Schaumburg. Experience pref'd. Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396444)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.