Activate Your Free
Articles filed under Glen Ellyn
COD board candidates largely oppose buyout package for Breuder Jan 30, 2015 5:35 AM
Candidates for the College of DuPage board of trustees are nearly unanimous in their opposition to the existing board's controversial decision to approve a $762,000 buyout package for the president of the Glen Ellyn school. One incumbent defends the amount. Here are their responses one by one.
Designing Interiors Inc. wins Best of Houzz award Jan 30, 2015 3:29 PM
Designing Interiors Inc. of Aurora has been awarded “Best of Houzz” for Customer Satisfaction by Houzz, the leading platform for home remodeling and design. The interior design firm was chosen by the more than 25 million monthly unique users that comprise the Houzz community from among more than 500,000 active home building, remodeling and design industry professionals.
County Agricultural Fairs Contribute to Local Economies in Illinois Jan 30, 2015 10:26 AM
Charlotte Roberts, 4-H member of Chain of Lakes 4-H club and Teen Ambassador represented Lake County at the annual meeting of the Illinois Association of Agricultural Fairs (IAAF).
Should COD building be named for Breuder or Medal of Honor recipient? Jan 30, 2015 9:39 AM
A decision to name the College of DuPage’s Homeland Security Education Center after college President Robert Breuder is drawing criticism from some veterans and others who say it would be more appropriate to name it in honor of Army Staff Sgt. Robert J. Miller, a Medal of Honor recipient from Wheaton. “It makes no sense to put (Breuder’s) name on that, especially in light of the controversy,” one critic said.
COD president Breuder chose against guaranteed pension Jan 28, 2015 2:35 PM
Departing College of DuPage President Robert Breuder’s decision to self-manage his retirement benefits cost him thousands of guaranteed dollars even though taxpayers have contributed at least $418,000 on his behalf. “Most academics might choose this option because of the mobility of their profession,” said Keith Brainard, research director at the National Association of State Retirement Administrators. “It is riskier.”
Catholic Schools Week celebration takes flight Jan 27, 2015 4:19 PM
Members of the Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Team spent a whole lot of time in the air Tuesday during a performance celebrating Catholic Schools Week in Glen Ellyn.
2015 Sedgebrook Fitness Goals Jumpstarted During Holidays Jan 28, 2015 11:05 AM
Residents of Sedgebrook senior living community in Lincolnshire are entering a new year with fitness goals that were sown over the holidays.
St. Hubert Catholic School Earns Award at Future Citiy Competition Jan 27, 2015 7:25 AM
St. Hubert Catholic School Earns Award at Future Citiy Competition
Area School Districts Collaborate To Host Second Chinese Student Cultural Performance Jan 27, 2015 7:10 AM
Area School Districts Collaborate To Host Second Chinese Student Cultural Performance
COD to vote again on Breuder $762,000 severance package Jan 27, 2015 6:53 AM
College of DuPage trustees are expected to take another vote Wednesday on a controversial $762,000 buyout package for President Robert Breuder, which has prompted a government watchdog group to urge officials to reject the severance deal this time around. The college's board voted 6-1 Thursday to accept the early retirement of President Robert Breuder. But the college announced Monday that it's holding a special meeting Wednesday night “to clarify a procedural motion to approve” the deal.
Nancy Writebol, Rear Admiral Ziemer to headline “Work: For Flourishing” events at Wheaton College Jan 23, 2015 10:00 PM
Ebola survivor and missionary Nancy Writebol, U.S. Global Malaria Coordinator Rear Admiral Timothy Ziemer, and faith and vocation experts Steven Garber and Katherine Leary Alsdorf are among the speakers at “Work: For Flourishing,” a series of events taking place on the Wheaton College campus Jan. 24 and 27-29. On Saturday, Jan, 24 at 7 p.m., Writebol, with her husband David, will share how their sense of calling sustained them during their experience as medical missionaries in Liberia and when Writebol contracted Ebola.
B.R. Ryall YMCA to add new weight room Jan 22, 2015 1:05 PM
A new weight room is expected to open in early February at the B.R. Ryall YMCA of Northwestern DuPage County in Glen Ellyn.
Lake in the Hills third safest, website claims Jan 22, 2015 1:15 PM
Lake in the Hills ranked third on NeighborhoodScout.com’s list of the 100 Safest Cities in America with 25,000 or more people based on the number of property and violent crimes per 1,000 residents. “I’m not all that surprised we ranked that high,” Village President Paul Mulcahy said. “It’s absolutely a testimony to the excellence of our police department and just the quality of the town across the board."
Glen Ellyn Public Library creates new collection for emerging authors Jan 23, 2015 10:10 AM
The Glen Ellyn Public Library has created a new collection that suppports self-published authors and gives locals a way to get hard-to-find reads. To be in the library's new Emerging Author Collection. books must be about the Chicago metro area or be written by authors who live within the greater Chicago metropolitan area.
Norwegian National League of Chicago offers scholarships Jan 26, 2015 9:15 AM
The Norwegian National League of Chicago is offering scholarships and cash prizes to deserving students who are of Norwegian heritage residing in the counties of Cook, Lake, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, McHenry and Will.
Suburban home prices experience strong gains in 2014 Jan 21, 2015 5:26 PM
The suburban Chicago housing market ended 2014 on a positive note: the number of homes that went under contract in December 2014 increased 19.4 percent over the same period last year, the largest year-over-year increase to date. Home prices also continued to grow, with the median sales price of detached homes up 8.8 percent compared with 2013, according to statistics released today by the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS.
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl! Jan 21, 2015 7:09 AM
Bowling for Charity Event at Streamwood Bowl!
Books give way to miniature golf at Glen Ellyn library Jan 19, 2015 5:33 PM
Those looking to channel their inner Tiger Woods will get the perfect opportunity Friday when Glen Ellyn Public Library sponsors its Swinging Thru the Stacks event.
Benedictine breakfast focuses on King as interfaith leader Jan 19, 2015 5:25 PM
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is remembered for many things, but often overlooked is his role as an interfaith leader, says Eboo Patel, the founder and president of the Chicago-based Interfaith Youth Core. And that message of interfaith cooperation, Patel says, is more important now than ever.
Singing Valetine’s or Telegrams Jan 19, 2015 7:18 AM
Singing Valetine’s or Telegrams
- Serious health concerns for Blackhawks legend Mikita
- Wauconda board candidate calls vaccines dangerous
- Daycare crisis looms as state funding runs out
- Wauconda woman killed in Island Lake crash
- Lawmakers: Don't use state money for severance deals
- Dog from New York at suburban shelter still needs a home
- Son convicted in father's 2011 stabbing death
- Bloomingdale man wins 'Biggest Loser'
- Motorcycle dealership might be coming to Libertyville
- Hoffman Estates candidates debate future of Sears
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- 'Offensive image' sent to Fremd students
- COD board again approves Breuder deal, despite outcry
- Wauconda candidates spar over local political unrest
- Suburban dance squads ready for state finals
- Griffin: Breuder's pension not as sweet as it could be
- Ye Olde Town Inn dispute mishandled, some candidates say
- Lake Co. authorities find children kidnapped in 2006
- Police investigating explicit email sent to students
- Dawn Patrol: COD board again OKs buyout; 'offensive image' sent to teens
- Tell the truth on global warming
- Rozner: Mike Spellman will be dearly missed
- COD attorney: Watchdog group trying to shut down college
- Serious health concerns for Blackhawks legend Mikita
- Suburban man in Thursday night's 'Biggest Loser' finale
- Changes at animal control facility raising some concerns
- Critics say COD building shouldn't be named for Breuder
- Suburban towns to hire experts to combat O'Hare noise
- Former Kane County Sheriff George Kramer dies at 81
- New Elgin Civics Club wants to engage voters
- PLUMBER - PLUMBER -Licensed plumber for in-house corporate sal-aried position in Western Suburbs. CCCDI certification a plus, or CCCDI licensing can be provided by the company. For details -331-481-1742 (id:4396471) MACHINIST - Machinist -Experienced Setup/Programmer for Haas CNC Lathe Call 630-894-6634 (id:4396558) INSURANCE - Get Under the Umbrella Travelers is one of the nation's leading insurance service organizations, and we're hiring those who can excel in our fast-paced work environment. NOW HIRING in Lake County: Outside Property Claim Reps w/Experience APPLY TODAY at www.travelers.com/careers Job ID# 815632 Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. (id:4396528)
- TEACHER ASSISTANT - Day care Assistant 2p-6p, Schaumburg Monday thru Friday $11-13.00 per hour Call 847-397-0111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396556) WINDOW CLEANING - Maintenance -Exp'd Window Cleaners Wanted $12-$17/hr. Ground, Route & High Rise Work Available. We supply the equipment & training if necessary. Must have a valid DL & authorization to work in the US & a dependable vehicle for local transportation. Apply in person only at 960 Rand Rd Suite 113c Des Plaines Monday-Friday 10am-3pm. (id:4396637) SR. SOFTWARE DEVELOPER - Computer -Senior Software Developer (Master's with 3 yrs exp or Bachelor's with 5 yrs exp; Major: CS, Engg, Bus. Admin., Math or equiv; Other suitable qualifications acceptable) -Hoffman Estates, IL. Job entails working with and requires experience including: JDK, J2EE, Spring, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Webflow, Hibernate, Struts, JSF, EJB, Java, Servlets, JSP, JSTL, SOA, Guidewire 5.0, Web Services, JMS, JDBC, Design Patterns, DOM, SAX, JAXP, ActiveMQ, Maven, and Apache CXF. Relocation and travel to unanticipated locations within USA possible. Send resumes to Matrix Management Systems, Inc., Attn: HR, 2500 W Higgins Rd, Suite 1275, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169. (id:4395631)
- BANKING - Banking Credit Analyst/Wintrust Financial NW Suburbs, BA degree +2 yrs experience email@example.com EOE (id:4396485) COURIER DRIVERS - CDL B driver -if you meet the following qualifications: 1 yr verifiable exp., no more than 1 moving violation in the past yr, pass bkground physical, drug /aclohol test. Ability to perform physically demand- ing work. Must be fluent in English. Northwest suburbs. Up to $2500 sign on bonus. Call 847-816-6381 (id:4396763) CUSTOMER SERVICE - Customer Service Rep Palatine based manufacturer seeks exp'd CS rep to enter orders, take dealer inquiries, & troubleshoot. Email firstname.lastname@example.org (id:4396639)
Connect with a business or service in your area fast. First select a town, then enter a search term or choose one of the listed popular searches:
Don't see your town listed? Visit our full directory to begin your search.